Duke Nukem Forever (w/ 2010 Teaser)

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

Duke Nukem Forever (w/ 2010 Teaser)

Postby MondoPest on Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:18 pm

YAY!!!!! Looks like there will be a teaser finally released for the long-thought vaporware 'Duke Nukem Forever'.

You can read the whole press release here:
http://gamingshogun.com/Default.aspx?a=590


or just scroll down as I post some of it here!
"Tomorrow, Wednesday the 19th, around noon CST, we will release the first teaser trailer from Duke Nukem Forever. To tide you over until then, there has been a screen shot taken from the teaser and posted in our forums."

There is a new screenshot too which can be seen at the link posted above.
Last edited by MondoPest on Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MondoPest
TOMBOY BEANPOLE
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:48 am

Re: Duke Nukem Forever Teaser Tomorrow (12/19/07)

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:20 pm

MondoPest wrote:YAY!!!!! Looks like there will be a teaser finally released for the long-thought vaporware 'Duke Nukem Forever'.

You can read the whole press release here:
http://gamingshogun.com/Default.aspx?a=590


or just scroll down as I post alot of it here!
"Tomorrow, Wednesday the 19th, around noon CST, we will release the first teaser trailer from Duke Nukem Forever. To tide you over until then, there has been a screen shot taken from the teaser and posted in our forums."

There is a new screenshot to which can be scene at the link posted above.


Awesome! Right on track for that release date in December, 2019!
Image
User avatar
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked
 
Posts: 17641
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:18 pm
Location: Pasture next to the Red Barn

Postby Chairman Kaga on Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:21 pm

Does this have the Guiness Record for longest game production schedule?
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 7660
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:49 am

Re: Duke Nukem Forever Teaser Tomorrow (12/19/07)

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:22 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:
MondoPest wrote:YAY!!!!! Looks like there will be a teaser finally released for the long-thought vaporware 'Duke Nukem Forever'.

You can read the whole press release here:
http://gamingshogun.com/Default.aspx?a=590


or just scroll down as I post alot of it here!
"Tomorrow, Wednesday the 19th, around noon CST, we will release the first teaser trailer from Duke Nukem Forever. To tide you over until then, there has been a screen shot taken from the teaser and posted in our forums."

There is a new screenshot to which can be scene at the link posted above.


Awesome! Right on track for that release date in December, 2019!


Nah that is pushing it. 2021 earliest. You will play Duke Nukem Forever on a system not even remotely imagined yet.
User avatar
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound
 
Posts: 7857
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:46 pm
Location: DCish

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:22 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:Does this have the Guiness Record for longest game production schedule?


It's been over a decade now...gotta be.

stereosforgeeks wrote:
Nah that is pushing it. 2021 earliest. You will play Duke Nukem Forever on a system not even remotely imagined yet.


heheh, but think of the holographic strippers!!
Image
User avatar
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked
 
Posts: 17641
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:18 pm
Location: Pasture next to the Red Barn

Postby MondoPest on Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:24 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_Nukem_Forever

According to wiki, it started in 97. So, yeah I think it is the longest development for a game ever.
MondoPest
TOMBOY BEANPOLE
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:48 am

Postby Chairman Kaga on Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:35 pm

With development that long how can this ever be profitable?
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 7660
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:49 am

Postby papalazeru on Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:35 pm

I'd swear this came out ages ago
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
User avatar
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!
 
Posts: 11474
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:26 am

Postby MondoPest on Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:37 pm

I am not sure if it was supposed to be profitable. Seems like it was almost a testbed for 3drealms as they experimented with new engines, etc. Dont get me wrong, they will want to profit from it at some point but I think they got their value from it in experience.
MondoPest
TOMBOY BEANPOLE
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:48 am

Postby papalazeru on Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:38 pm

MondoPest wrote:I am not sure if it was supposed to be profitable. Seems like it was almost a testbed for 3drealms as they experimented with new engines, etc. Dont get me wrong, they will want to profit from it at some point but I think they got their value from it in experience.


Of course. It's no longer about the games....It's about the engine.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
User avatar
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!
 
Posts: 11474
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:26 am

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:40 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:With development that long how can this ever be profitable?


I have no idea. They've switched engines like 174 times to try to keep up with technology. That's gotta be a LOT of work/money each time.

Still, they've probably sunk so much money into it by now they may be figuring, what the hell, we'd might as well get something out of it.
Image
User avatar
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked
 
Posts: 17641
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:18 pm
Location: Pasture next to the Red Barn

Postby Theta on Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:42 pm

I lay 2:1 odds this is a joke.
This comment is in no way meant to insist your opinion is wrong or be considered an edict, solely this poster's opinion. That said, you are still a fool and will kneel before me in supplication.
User avatar
Theta
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 2343
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:57 am
Location: Boston, MA

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:44 pm

Theta wrote:I lay 2:1 odds this is a joke.


could be. DNF has become the running gag of the gaming world.
Image
User avatar
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked
 
Posts: 17641
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:18 pm
Location: Pasture next to the Red Barn

Postby papalazeru on Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:45 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:
Chairman Kaga wrote:With development that long how can this ever be profitable?


I have no idea. They've switched engines like 174 times to try to keep up with technology. That's gotta be a LOT of work/money each time.

Still, they've probably sunk so much money into it by now they may be figuring, what the hell, we'd might as well get something out of it.


The thing with engines is, because of who they are (like ID) they can flog this to any poor sap company willing to make money from the FPS market; and there's lots to be had.

And, with regualr revenue they can make frequent revisions and sell more copies of the latest revised engine. It's a good circle market for them.

I say bring back Jet Set Willy and level the playing field.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
User avatar
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!
 
Posts: 11474
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:26 am

Postby MondoPest on Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:46 pm

Well I dont think it is a joke, the press release is official. But who knows how far it is into development (in its current form) the game is. Could still be a year or two.

Maybe the teaser will just be Duke wishing everyone a merry xmas or kwanza or something.
MondoPest
TOMBOY BEANPOLE
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:48 am

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:48 pm

MondoPest wrote:Well I dont think it is a joke, the press release is official. But who knows how far it is into development (in its current form) the game is. Could still be a year or two.

Maybe the teaser will just be Duke wishing everyone a merry xmas or kwanza or something.


If it's not in-game then it doesn't mean much, if anything.
Image
User avatar
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked
 
Posts: 17641
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:18 pm
Location: Pasture next to the Red Barn

Postby papalazeru on Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:51 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:
MondoPest wrote:Well I dont think it is a joke, the press release is official. But who knows how far it is into development (in its current form) the game is. Could still be a year or two.

Maybe the teaser will just be Duke wishing everyone a merry xmas or kwanza or something.


If it's not in-game then it doesn't mean much, if anything.


Like your style Moo.

Translates to what we're all feeling,

"If I can't play it.... I DON'T GIVE A SHIT!"
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
User avatar
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!
 
Posts: 11474
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:26 am

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:53 pm

haha, yup, that's definitely where I'm at on this game.

Not even "I'll believe it when I see it"

I'll believe it when I have a controller in my hand and I'm making Duke blow shit up on command...
Image
User avatar
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked
 
Posts: 17641
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:18 pm
Location: Pasture next to the Red Barn

Postby papalazeru on Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:56 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:haha, yup, that's definitely where I'm at on this game.

Not even "I'll believe it when I see it"

I'll believe it when I have a controller in my hand and I'm making Duke blow shit up on command...


So long as we get the Duke's witty remarks....

"Hey Shake 'em Baby"

To be honest, I think Far Cry has eclipsed this guy with the comedy routine...and if that fails, I'll go with Serious Sam. It's a complete no brainer which is entertaining by the relentless number of enemies there are.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
User avatar
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!
 
Posts: 11474
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:26 am

Postby King Of Nowhere on Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:59 pm

This'll be interesting, if it isn't a joke.
i can see all the video game magazine reviews now "The aptly titledDuke Nukem FOREVER..."

Surely most of the DN fan base have made peace with the franchise now?
10 years is a bloody long time to be waiting for a game.

In saying that, recently a group of people took the Duke 3D engine, tweaked it, added high resolution graphics & better sound, so i guess there's still an audience.

It'll be worth playing, if it ever comes out, to see why it took them so long, if nothing else.
User avatar
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!
 
Posts: 6173
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:36 pm

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:01 pm

I agree, KON. I make fun...because it's easy, heh...but if this comes out I'm sure I'll end up picking it up. 3D was a lot of fun. At least I think it was...that was a LOOONG time ago.
Image
User avatar
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked
 
Posts: 17641
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:18 pm
Location: Pasture next to the Red Barn

Postby papalazeru on Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:07 pm

king_of_nowhere wrote:This'll be interesting, if it isn't a joke.
i can see all the video game magazine reviews now "The aptly titledDuke Nukem FOREVER..."

Surely most of the DN fan base have made peace with the franchise now?
10 years is a bloody long time to be waiting for a game.

In saying that, recently a group of people took the Duke 3D engine, tweaked it, added high resolution graphics & better sound, so i guess there's still an audience.


This is the problem. They TWEAKED it. It's not a whole new platform, this is a bunch of hobbyists who turn an old engine into something for the modding community, it doesn't neccessarily make it a new game.

Doom itself has over a squillion levels thanks to the modding community. Steam games (Half life, Counter strike) has more levels available for it than any other game I could name. The only way this could be any good now is if it's a total new engine, a COMPLETELY NEW engine and now based on ID's engine or the UNREAL engine. That also depends on if it's any good as well.

The other option is to give it away free....what Valve do with modding expansions....and they are good. I got Goldeneye on my PC :D
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
User avatar
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!
 
Posts: 11474
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:26 am

Postby bamf on Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:12 pm

I want this to be true, but really feeling suspicious on this one. I was lurking the forums a few weeks ago looking for news on Duke and the running line was as it has always been "When its done, it will be done".

I mean, how difficult could this be? We are talking FPS here, no need for 160+ hours of play, and Duke isn't growing from fertilized egg to cigar chomping hero (ala spore)...is he? (I know about the engine switches and restarts. Im saying Duke shouldn't try to be Crysis, Far Cry, or anything epically demanding on a system. Its bubblegum popcorn, play to the guys with middle road PC's!")

Hell, I would have been pleased if they removed the tassels from the strippers back in 97! They scuttled this franchise *pause* why?? In game footage or it doesn't exist.
User avatar
bamf
SUSAN CAGLE
 
Posts: 769
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:59 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby King Of Nowhere on Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:12 pm

papalazeru wrote:
king_of_nowhere wrote:T his'll be interesting, if it isn't a joke.
i can see all the video game magazine reviews now "The aptly titledDuke Nukem FOREVER..."

Surely most of the DN fan base have made peace with the franchise now?
10 years is a bloody long time to be waiting for a game.

In saying that, recently a group of people took the Duke 3D engine, tweaked it, added high resolution graphics & better sound, so i guess there's still an audience.


This is the problem. They TWEAKED it. It's not a whole new platform, this is a bunch of hobbyists who turn an old engine into something for the modding community, it doesn't neccessarily make it a new game.


No, but it keeps the fan base going, gives them something to do while they wait for a newer installment in the franchise.
A bit like mission packs, but unofficial.
I'm not sure Duke It Out In DC or Life's A Beach were official, but they kept the fans going & at the end of the day, so do the mods.
User avatar
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!
 
Posts: 6173
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:36 pm

Postby papalazeru on Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:14 pm

king_of_nowhere wrote:
papalazeru wrote:[ quote="king_of_nowhere"]T his'll be interesting, if it isn't a joke.
i can see all the video game magazine reviews now "The aptly titledDuke Nukem FOREVER..."

Surely most of the DN fan base have made peace with the franchise now?
10 years is a bloody long time to be waiting for a game.

In saying that, recently a group of people took the Duke 3D engine, tweaked it, added high resolution graphics & better sound, so i guess there's still an audience.


This is the problem. They TWEAKED it. It's not a whole new platform, this is a bunch of hobbyists who turn an old engine into something for the modding community, it doesn't neccessarily make it a new game.


No, but it keeps the fan base going, gives them something to do while they wait for a newer installment in the franchise.
A bit like mission packs, but unofficial.
I'm not sure Duke It Out In DC or Life's A Beach were official, but they kept the fans going & at the end of the day, so do the mods.[/quote]

Sorry. I didn't make that clear. It doesn't warrant a new game. I don't think there's enough life left in that horse after flogging it just shy of "The Sims" :lol:
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
User avatar
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!
 
Posts: 11474
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:26 am

Re: Duke Nukem Forever Teaser Tomorrow (12/19/07)

Postby ONeillSG1 on Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:15 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:
MondoPest wrote:YAY!!!!! Looks like there will be a teaser finally released for the long-thought vaporware 'Duke Nukem Forever'.

You can read the whole press release here:
http://gamingshogun.com/Default.aspx?a=590


or just scroll down as I post alot of it here!
"Tomorrow, Wednesday the 19th, around noon CST, we will release the first teaser trailer from Duke Nukem Forever. To tide you over until then, there has been a screen shot taken from the teaser and posted in our forums."

There is a new screenshot to which can be scene at the link posted above.


Awesome! Right on track for that release date in December, 2019!


Damn I was thinking the same thing.

My God, when will they get this done? I loved Duke Nukem long ago. I'll give the trailer a chance, but if it doesn't WOW me, that will be the end of my patience.
User avatar
ONeillSG1
ADAMA
 
Posts: 4738
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:23 am
Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby MondoPest on Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:02 am

I think an even larger problem is that the youth of today have no context for who the character of Nukem is. They dont know the origin of 'I'm here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all outta bubblegum'. They don't remember the stir that DN3D made when you could hand cash to strippers. That was a very long ten years ago when you think of how much our world has changed since.
MondoPest
TOMBOY BEANPOLE
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:48 am

Postby MondoPest on Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:48 pm

You can see the teaser in all it's Duke glory here!

http://gamingshogun.com/Default.aspx?a=593


Not too shabby! From what I understand there is a full trailer coming as well. They seem serious about DNF this time.
MondoPest
TOMBOY BEANPOLE
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:48 am

Postby stereosforgeeks on Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:54 pm

MondoPest wrote:You can see the teaser in all it's Duke glory here!

http://gamingshogun.com/Default.aspx?a=593


Not too shabby! From what I understand there is a full trailer coming as well. They seem serious about DNF this time.


Looks like it is all pre-rendered.
User avatar
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound
 
Posts: 7857
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:46 pm
Location: DCish

Postby MondoPest on Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:57 pm

I am pretty sure that was gameplay footage spliced in between which looked good to me. As far as Duke himself, it could have been pre-rendered, but it most likely used in-game assets.
MondoPest
TOMBOY BEANPOLE
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:48 am

Postby ONeillSG1 on Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:19 pm

Horrible sounding quote at the end.

Sound quality wise, not humor wise. I hope they upgraded the sound.

Soundblaster has come a long way since 1997.
User avatar
ONeillSG1
ADAMA
 
Posts: 4738
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:23 am
Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:27 pm

ONeillSG1 wrote:
Soundblaster has come a long way since 1997.


heheheh. I can't watch it here, unfortunately, but I will when I get home.

Hopefully there really IS some in-game footage here. If not, as I said, this doesn't really mean or say anything...
Image
User avatar
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked
 
Posts: 17641
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:18 pm
Location: Pasture next to the Red Barn

Postby stereosforgeeks on Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:39 pm

MondoPest wrote:I am pretty sure that was gameplay footage spliced in between which looked good to me. As far as Duke himself, it could have been pre-rendered, but it most likely used in-game assets.


Honestly it looked like it could go either way
User avatar
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound
 
Posts: 7857
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:46 pm
Location: DCish

Postby beastie on Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:39 pm

With yesterday's Hobbit announcement and today's Nukem Trailer - we should see Guns 'n Roses release Chinese Democracy any day now.
User avatar
beastie
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:07 pm
Location: Colorado

Postby Chairman Kaga on Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:50 pm

I'm sure that's game footage in between the "pumping iron" bits.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 7660
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:49 am

Postby Fawst on Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:55 pm

Duke Nukem was revolutionary for the multiplayer. And it really was a FAR better game than Quake. Quake had the technology, but DN3D brought the fun in spades.
Prince of the Land of Stench!
User avatar
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 3088
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:11 pm
Location: MacLaren's

Postby godzillasushi on Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:45 pm

Fawst wrote:Duke Nukem was revolutionary for the multiplayer. And it really was a FAR better game than Quake. Quake had the technology, but DN3D brought the fun in spades.


Not even close to being right. Quake was an awesome experience. Wwhile it had humor (great humor actually) Quake is revolutionary in it's own way for multiplayer. Plus they were using 3-D models and all kinds of neat stuff.

Not sayin Duke was bad because it was a great game, but Quake is hard to beat.

I read somewhere this game was coming out *Conan O'Brien's voice* IN THE YEAR 2000!

or 2017....give or take a decade.
ImageImage
Image
User avatar
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 3965
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:31 pm
Location: Destroying Sony Headquarters in Japan

Postby ONeillSG1 on Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:57 pm

beastie wrote:With yesterday's Hobbit announcement and today's Nukem Trailer - we should see Guns 'n Roses release Chinese Democracy any day now.


Well, let's not get ahead of ourselves.
User avatar
ONeillSG1
ADAMA
 
Posts: 4738
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:23 am
Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby Fawst on Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:33 pm

godzillasushi wrote:
Fawst wrote:Duke Nukem was revolutionary for the multiplayer. And it really was a FAR better game than Quake. Quake had the technology, but DN3D brought the fun in spades.


Not even close to being right. Quake was an awesome experience. Wwhile it had humor (great humor actually) Quake is revolutionary in it's own way for multiplayer. Plus they were using 3-D models and all kinds of neat stuff.

Not sayin Duke was bad because it was a great game, but Quake is hard to beat.


Bah, Quake was great multiplayer, sure, but the total package? Quake was literally a case of "who can build the weirdest map?" This much is admitted by the dev team. DN3D at least had good design overall!

I think I just feel that aside from Quake 2, everything Quake-related has been a missed opportunity. Even if Quake 2 was nothing but Starship Troopers meets Doom.
Prince of the Land of Stench!
User avatar
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 3088
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:11 pm
Location: MacLaren's

Postby godzillasushi on Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:53 pm

Quake 2 is certainly a love it or hate it game. I liked it a lot. I thought that going to a future storyline with the Strogg was brilliant. Best in the series.

Quake 64 was on the N64 and that happened to be a pretty good (completely different) game. It wasn't a port. You'd be suprised to play through that one and find it's not bad at all.

Quake 3 was way too fast. I have it for my Dreamcast and it's alright. But nothing near Unreal Tourny or Counter-Strike.

Quake 4 was awful and I absolutely came away dissapointed after finishing it. Even Doom 3 was good compared to it.

Duke Nukem with the time travel stuff was quite enjoyable. Don't know if you remember that but it was on the N64 and I had a fair amount of fun with it.
ImageImage
Image
User avatar
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 3965
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:31 pm
Location: Destroying Sony Headquarters in Japan

Postby Maui on Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:10 pm

I remember playing this game way back when.

Did any of you ever try shooting the strippers in the stripper bar. I know you weren't supposed to in the game, but when you did, all hell broke loose.
User avatar
Maui
WoWie
 
Posts: 7601
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 10:19 pm

Postby Chilli on Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:28 pm

I played pool with a shotgun.
User avatar
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost
 
Posts: 6869
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:13 am
Location: Wales

Postby godzillasushi on Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:32 pm

Maui wrote:I remember playing this game way back when.

Did any of you ever try shooting the strippers in the stripper bar. I know you weren't supposed to in the game, but when you did, all hell broke loose.


Uh....no.....as a teenager the last thing I wanted to do was shoot them. :lol:

@Chilli

Man, that is the coolest line I think I have heard in a while. "I play pool with a shotgun." That's the kind of dude that eats metal because the guy in the reflection gave him a mean look.
ImageImage
Image
User avatar
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 3965
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:31 pm
Location: Destroying Sony Headquarters in Japan

Postby Chilli on Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:35 pm

godzillasushi wrote:
Maui wrote:I remember playing this game way back when.

Did any of you ever try shooting the strippers in the stripper bar. I know you weren't supposed to in the game, but when you did, all hell broke loose.


Uh....no.....as a teenager the last thing I wanted to do was shoot them. :lol:

@Chilli

Man, that is the coolest line I think I have heard in a while. "I play pool with a shotgun." That's the kind of dude that eats metal because the guy in the reflection gave him a mean look.


HAH.

I loved how goofy the original game was. Even if I had Catholic Guilt for a week over whether shooting ALF looking Aliens inside a Church was an act of blasphemy.
User avatar
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost
 
Posts: 6869
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:13 am
Location: Wales

Postby Maui on Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:36 pm

godzillasushi wrote:
Maui wrote:I remember playing this game way back when.

Did any of you ever try shooting the strippers in the stripper bar. I know you weren't supposed to in the game, but when you did, all hell broke loose.


Uh....no.....as a teenager the last thing I wanted to do was shoot them. :lol:


Well you never know what the programmers have done with the game - they take all things into consideration. Even a gamer wanting to shoot a stripper just to see what might happen.
User avatar
Maui
WoWie
 
Posts: 7601
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 10:19 pm

Postby stereosforgeeks on Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:37 pm

Maui wrote:
godzillasushi wrote:
Maui wrote:I remember playing this game way back when.

Did any of you ever try shooting the strippers in the stripper bar. I know you weren't supposed to in the game, but when you did, all hell broke loose.


Uh....no.....as a teenager the last thing I wanted to do was shoot them. :lol:


Well you never know what the programmers have done with the game - they take all things into consideration. Even a gamer wanting to shoot a stripper just to see what might happen.


I shot them and gave them money ;)
User avatar
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound
 
Posts: 7857
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:46 pm
Location: DCish

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:39 pm

I think I shot everything in that game at some point. Bad guys. Strippers. Helicopters. Doors. Walls. Barrels. Streetlamps.

I might have some anger management issues to deal with.
Image
User avatar
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked
 
Posts: 17641
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:18 pm
Location: Pasture next to the Red Barn

Postby Chilli on Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:39 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:I think I shot everything in that game at some point. Bad guys. Strippers. Helicopters. Doors. Walls. Barrels. Streetlamps.

I might have some anger management issues to deal with.


On the plus side, you probably opened up SUPER SECRET AREAS. Plus, barrels were made to be shot.
User avatar
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost
 
Posts: 6869
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:13 am
Location: Wales

Postby stereosforgeeks on Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:41 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:I think I shot everything in that game at some point. Bad guys. Strippers. Helicopters. Doors. Walls. Barrels. Streetlamps.

I might have some anger management issues to deal with.


ahh yes i remember those angsty days of shooting everything in FPSs
User avatar
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound
 
Posts: 7857
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:46 pm
Location: DCish

Postby Maui on Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:42 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:
I might have some anger management issues to deal with.


Doesn't that sum up the entire gaming community though?


Zingggggggggggggggggggg
User avatar
Maui
WoWie
 
Posts: 7601
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 10:19 pm

Next

Return to Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests