Battlefield: Bad Company Xbox 360 Beta Test

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

Battlefield: Bad Company Xbox 360 Beta Test

Postby MondoPest on Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:17 pm

From GamingShogun
Official Release:
DICE, a studio of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) today announced the multiplayer beta test for Battlefield: Bad Company on the Xbox 360™ video game system from Microsoft®. IGN Founders’ Club and IGN Insider will offer keys to members and the public in North America and Europe to participate in the multiplayer beta test starting March 17 provided by IGN’s popular game download site FilePlanet (http://www.fileplanet.com). In addition, keys will also be available through IGN Entertainment’s gaming Web sites including IGN.com, GameSpy, TeamXbox, Planet Battlefield and Voodoo Extreme. Battlefield: Bad Company will launch on the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360 in June 2008.

I have some very high hopes for this sucker. I loved Three Kings and as it was some of the developer's inspiration for this game, I hope they keep a bit of the dark humor found in the film. Anyhow, I am not an IGN Founder or Insider so if anyone is - I guess it is your lucky day! Congrats!
MondoPest
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby Fawst on Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:00 pm

Argh, yah, that sucks. I was lucky enough to get a COD4 key from GameSpot, I guess this is the payback for that. Of course, it was FREE with GameSpot. Go figure that IGN is milking people for all they're worth :\
Prince of the Land of Stench!
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MondoPest on Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:08 pm

Fawst wrote:Argh, yah, that sucks. I was lucky enough to get a COD4 key from GameSpot, I guess this is the payback for that. Of course, it was FREE with GameSpot. Go figure that IGN is milking people for all they're worth :\

Quoted for truth, as the 'hipsters' say. Basically you are paying them to beta test their own game.
MondoPest
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby TheAllSeeingEye on Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:00 pm

Well I got this Demo. Played it for 20 mins or so. It's awful. I didn't think it would be possible to make a game that was WORSE than the console version of BF2 but they've done it.

It was laggy as hell and there were some shocking glitches with the graphics where the guns weren't being drawn to screen and its pretty boring. Admitedly it's a demo, they could fix those problems but I just don't see it improving the gameplay.

People wanting the Battlefield experience are better off playing it on their PC.
TheAllSeeingEye
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:07 pm

TheAllSeeingEye wrote:Well I got this Demo. Played it for 20 mins or so. It's awful. I didn't think it would be possible to make a game that was WORSE than the console version of BF2 but they've done it.

It was laggy as hell and there were some shocking glitches with the graphics where the guns weren't being drawn to screen and its pretty boring. Admitedly it's a demo, they could fix those problems but I just don't see it improving the gameplay.

People wanting the Battlefield experience are better off playing it on their PC.

Sorry to hear this, but not surprised. I've played BF2 on both the PC and the console and there is absolutely no contest. Anyone who likes the BF games (I love them...I dedicated much of my free time to BF 1942 a few years back) should definitely do the PC.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby TheAllSeeingEye on Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:14 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:
TheAllSeeingEye wrote:Well I got this Demo. Played it for 20 mins or so. It's awful. I didn't think it would be possible to make a game that was WORSE than the console version of BF2 but they've done it.

Sorry to hear this, but not surprised. I've played BF2 on both the PC and the console and there is absolutely no contest. Anyone who likes the BF games (I love them...I dedicated much of my free time to BF 1942 a few years back) should definitely do the PC.

Indeed. The BF2 experience on PC is still one of my favourites and something I keep going back to over and over again. 64 player servers man, nothing beats it. I even bought a flight stick so i could handle those fighter jets better. It never gets old.

I wasn't keen on BF2142 though. I don't know why. I just didn't take to it.
TheAllSeeingEye
MONKEY BUTLER

Re: Battlefield: Bad Company Xbox 360 Beta Test

Postby naominge on Wed May 20, 2009 2:26 am

What kind of XBOX 360 controller will run on a PC? Hello friends, I as planning to buy a XBOX 360 controller for my computer. But will the controller made to work for the XBOX 360 work on a PC or do I have to buy a XBOX 360 controller specifically built for PC. And what extra things will I need? E.g- cables(what kind of cable). And will a wireless controller work or do I need to buy the wired controller? Please help.
Last edited by naominge on Sat May 23, 2009 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
naominge
GLIB

Postby King Of Nowhere on Wed May 20, 2009 5:53 am

naominge wrote:What kind of XBOX 360 controller will run on a PC? Hello friends, I as planning to buy a XBOX 360 controller for my computer. But will the controller made to work for the XBOX 360 work on a PC or do I have to buy a XBOX 360 controller specifically built for PC. And what extra things will I need? E.g- cables(what kind of cable). And will a wireless controller work or do I need to buy the wired controller? Please help.

A wired controller will work without any problems.
A wireless controller will require Microsoft's joypad signal receiver thingy.

You get a wireless controller with the 360 it's self, so you may want to pick up a receiver & a set of re-chargeable batteries.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby laura6712 on Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:27 pm

hi guys

i just got my xbox360 mod, now i would like to download games for free from where i can download...Any good xbox 360 game downloads site where i can download fast n new games..so i can play burn games..Thanks
laura6712
GLIB

Return to Games