Best Xbox 360 Driving/Racing game...

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

Whats the best 360 Driving/Racing game? VOTE!!!

PGR4
2
40%
Forza 2
3
60%
Sega Rally
0
No votes
DiRT
0
No votes
NFS: Carbon
0
No votes
NFS: Pro Street
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 5

Best Xbox 360 Driving/Racing game...

Postby silentbobafett on Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:39 am

HI

I got the xbox pedal and streeing wheel set yesterday! LOVE IT! Burnout is even more intense! And I didn't think that was possible!!!!

Anyway, I've never been a big fan of the more realistic driving games - I'm more into speed and drifting around a corner at 200mph!!!

BUT with this wheel, I'm much more accepting to the idea!

So I want peoples thoughts on the best driving SIM/RACER on the Xbox that ISN'T an action racer like Burnout or Flat Out.

Poll at the top for easy viewing but discussion and reasons for choices are more than welcome!

I MAY buy a RALLY game AND a racer like Forza or PGR, but I might now. My gaming fate is in YOUR hands...

If I've missed any great ones - then mention 'em! But I think I've put down all the big guns!
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 2246
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: In The Night Garden...

Postby travis-dane on Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:44 am

I've been playing FORZA2 for weeks now and it is really good....
I usually dont like "realistic" racing games,but FORZA2 is right down the middle,it balances between real and fun...
I strongly recommend it to ya

PGR4 is nice too,but overall it brings nothing new to the table....
-
Lesbian Nazi Hookers Abducted by UFOs and Forced Into Weight Loss Programs!
Image
User avatar
travis-dane
100% OLEG!
 
Posts: 5418
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:19 am
Location: DTVille

Postby silentbobafett on Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:07 am

Nice one - thanks! Yeah, I'm looking for something where I can stuck into and race/rank over a season!

I think pGR is somewhere between Forza and Burnout - which is no good! I need something at the opposite end of the spectrum - seems to me Forza is winning.

I set this up on another forum at the same time. With about 20-30 votes for Forza so far! Plus your vote - it's looking good! :-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 2246
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: In The Night Garden...

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:34 am

PGR4 is incredible. It brings a ton of gameplay and online modes to the table, is more "arcade" and has the most realistic city representations and weather of any game. Simply put, it's genius.

It was also released at the same time as Halo 3 and disappeared faster than most of the cars and bikes it features. It's completely different to Forza as it's arcade, but you can pick BOTH up for around the £15 mark over here, so why not? Personally I radically prefer PGR4 for the gameplay and interior view - graphically, it craps over all the comptetition, including GT on PS3... which has the edge in car models though, it has to be said. Just pure, unadulterated fun. It's nothing like Burnout either in any way, so I'm not sure how you can make that comparasion except for "it has cars in it". Incidentally, the racing models are apparently geared to realism first and then "fine tuned" to a more arcade-y, traditionally PGR way of driving...

If you're up for something a little different, TDU is actually very good as well and features interior views and a realistic island to run about in. The online mode is very well implemented too.
Image
User avatar
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 7438
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:30 am

Postby travis-dane on Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:24 am

AtomicHyperbole wrote:PGR4 is incredible. It brings a ton of gameplay and online modes to the table, is more "arcade" and has the most realistic city representations and weather of any game. Simply put, it's genius.

It was also released at the same time as Halo 3 and disappeared faster than most of the cars and bikes it features. It's completely different to Forza as it's arcade, but you can pick BOTH up for around the £15 mark over here, so why not? Personally I radically prefer PGR4 for the gameplay and interior view - graphically, it craps over all the comptetition, including GT on PS3... which has the edge in car models though, it has to be said. Just pure, unadulterated fun. It's nothing like Burnout either in any way, so I'm not sure how you can make that comparasion except for "it has cars in it". Incidentally, the racing models are apparently geared to realism first and then "fine tuned" to a more arcade-y, traditionally PGR way of driving...

If you're up for something a little different, TDU is actually very good as well and features interior views and a realistic island to run about in. The online mode is very well implemented too.


I disagree....
PGR4 is a nice game,but calling it genius would go to far.....
The Bike driving is not that good,it has some good online features,BUT it has not really improved on PGR3.....
The weather mechanic is well done and the graphics are good too,but overall it is a funracer who offers nothing new(which is not bad),but if you wanna go a more "serious" but yet entertaining way,FORZA2 is the way to go....

BUT,like I allways do,IF you want real info from pro's with some great videoreviews for almost any game(including PGR and FORZA)then please visit GAMETRAILERS.com!
HERES THE LINK......

http://www.gametrailers.com/index.php

Enjoy....
-
Lesbian Nazi Hookers Abducted by UFOs and Forced Into Weight Loss Programs!
Image
User avatar
travis-dane
100% OLEG!
 
Posts: 5418
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:19 am
Location: DTVille

Postby silentbobafett on Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:26 am

Thanks guys! I brought Forza 2 at lunch! So looking forward to getting that home and into the system!

Appreciate all the help and information!

Indeed - keep the voting going... this has more life to it than a simple game purchase! :-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 2246
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: In The Night Garden...

Postby Spandau Belly on Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:35 am

I'll go with Burnout Revenge, it's more of an action movie style of racing with loads of destruction and stunts. It's got that fun factor that I value most in games.

As for more realistic, I've enjoyed PG4. The tracks all provide a really different challenge, especially the German on with the the dirt. It's great for multiplayer and there's a great roster of cars.
User avatar
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock
 
Posts: 7396
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:15 am
Location: ????

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:17 am

travis-dane wrote:
AtomicHyperbole wrote: PGR4 is incredible. It brings a ton of gameplay and online modes to the table, is more "arcade" and has the most realistic city representations and weather of any game. Simply put, it's genius.

It was also released at the same time as Halo 3 and disappeared faster than most of the cars and bikes it features. It's completely different to Forza as it's arcade, but you can pick BOTH up for around the £15 mark over here, so why not? Personally I radically prefer PGR4 for the gameplay and interior view - graphically, it craps over all the comptetition, including GT on PS3... which has the edge in car models though, it has to be said. Just pure, unadulterated fun. It's nothing like Burnout either in any way, so I'm not sure how you can make that comparasion except for "it has cars in it". Incidentally, the racing models are apparently geared to realism first and then "fine tuned" to a more arcade-y, traditionally PGR way of driving...

If you're up for something a little different, TDU is actually very good as well and features interior views and a realistic island to run about in. The online mode is very well implemented too.


I disagree....
PGR4 is a nice game,but calling it genius would go to far.....
The Bike driving is not that good,it has some good online features,BUT it has not really improved on PGR3.....
The weather mechanic is well done and the graphics are good too,but overall it is a funracer who offers nothing new(which is not bad),but if you wanna go a more "serious" but yet entertaining way,FORZA2 is the way to go....

BUT,like I allways do,IF you want real info from pro's with some great videoreviews for almost any game(including PGR and FORZA)then please visit GAMETRAILERS.com!
HERES THE LINK......

http://www.gametrailers.com/index.php

Enjoy....


/shrugs

Each to their own. Personally I didn't enjoy Forza at all, as a sim the total lack of an interior view ruined it for me - I just can't see how a game can really work when every view doesn't put you in the driving seat. I'd hasten to add that PGR4 added a TON that was missing from PGR3, especially the dynamic weather (effecting your handling and feel of each track) and the new track additions bumps up the variety a ton. The Kudos system has also been tweaked, new models of car have been added and there's a ton of different online modes - the latest patch adding even more. Bikes are debatable - I've read views from people who love them immensely.

Gametrailers is pretty good, I'll give you that. They've definitely given out some odd scores in the past though, but who hasn't?

Hope you got Forza 2 on the cheap, boba. ;) I know a place where you can get it for £10 with Viva Pinata included, second-hand and have seen it go for that new!
Image
User avatar
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 7438
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:30 am

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:18 am

Spandau Belly wrote:I'll go with Burnout Revenge, it's more of an action movie style of racing with loads of destruction and stunts. It's got that fun factor that I value most in games.

As for more realistic, I've enjoyed PG4. The tracks all provide a really different challenge, especially the German on with the the dirt. It's great for multiplayer and there's a great roster of cars.


I'd definitely take Burnout Revenge over Paradise. Loads of people were jizzing themselves over Paradise yet the open world really worked against it, for me - plus it was just so empty. I'd like to see if they improve on it though and create a better playground.
Image
User avatar
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 7438
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:30 am

Postby travis-dane on Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:53 am

Hope you got Forza 2 on the cheap, boba. Wink I know a place where you can get it for £10 with Viva Pinata included, second-hand and have seen it go for that new!


Well,I've seen PGR3&4 together for 30€ in some second hand shops.....

So,you stick to PGR4 and I stick to FORZA2...

The best Burnout still is part2 for the GameCube.....
The crash mode was never that good again...
Last edited by travis-dane on Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Lesbian Nazi Hookers Abducted by UFOs and Forced Into Weight Loss Programs!
Image
User avatar
travis-dane
100% OLEG!
 
Posts: 5418
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:19 am
Location: DTVille

Postby Spandau Belly on Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:55 am

When I bought my X360 (the first video game console I've owned since the SNES) back at Christmas, I did some research into the types of games I liked and got both Burnout Revenge and PG4 and have been very happy with both delivering totally different racing experiences (action movie and realistic racing).

However, something I'm looking for but haven't found is something like these games I used play at a mate's house called Twisted Metal. I'd love a game like Burnout Revenge only with James Bond type cars that shoot rockets and oil slicks and stuff. If anybody knows any such game for the X360 please let me know, or if you're a software developer please make one. I haven't played Burnout Paradise, but it sounds like one of those inbetween sequels where they add a bunch of new stuff but can't really handle it yet and so you just wait until the next sequel for them to really implement the new stuff in a game that's actually fun. I would like for future sequels to Burnout to include pedestrians who erupt into bloody messes when you mow them down and I'd like to see the drivers and passengers of cars go flying through the windshields when the cars crash.
User avatar
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock
 
Posts: 7396
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:15 am
Location: ????

Postby travis-dane on Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:04 pm

Spandau Belly wrote:When I bought my X360 (the first video game console I've owned since the SNES) back at Christmas, I did some research into the types of games I liked and got both Burnout Revenge and PG4 and have been very happy with both delivering totally different racing experiences (action movie and realistic racing).

However, something I'm looking for but haven't found is something like these games I used play at a mate's house called Twisted Metal. I'd love a game like Burnout Revenge only with James Bond type cars that shoot rockets and oil slicks and stuff. If anybody knows any such game for the X360 please let me know, or if you're a software developer please make one. I haven't played Burnout Paradise, but it sounds like one of those inbetween sequels where they add a bunch of new stuff but can't really handle it yet and so you just wait until the next sequel for them to really implement the new stuff in a game that's actually fun. I would like for future sequels to Burnout to include pedestrians who erupt into bloody messes when you mow them down and I'd like to see the drivers and passengers of cars go flying through the windshields when the cars crash.


There are Twisted Metal clones for the X-Box360,the name just escapes me right now....
BUT they both suck.....
You can look them up on GameTrailers.....

As for the Pedastrian thing,you will never see that in BURNOUT,because it would push the RATING up and the Games would be censored or completely taken out of sale(like here in Germany,where game censorship is HUGE)in some countries.....
The developers dont wanna lose money that way and since the BOURNOUT games sell huge numbers,why should they repair something that is not broken(spoken from the Developers point of view)......
-
Lesbian Nazi Hookers Abducted by UFOs and Forced Into Weight Loss Programs!
Image
User avatar
travis-dane
100% OLEG!
 
Posts: 5418
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:19 am
Location: DTVille

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:27 pm

Spandau Belly wrote:When I bought my X360 (the first video game console I've owned since the SNES) back at Christmas, I did some research into the types of games I liked and got both Burnout Revenge and PG4 and have been very happy with both delivering totally different racing experiences (action movie and realistic racing).

However, something I'm looking for but haven't found is something like these games I used play at a mate's house called Twisted Metal. I'd love a game like Burnout Revenge only with James Bond type cars that shoot rockets and oil slicks and stuff. If anybody knows any such game for the X360 please let me know, or if you're a software developer please make one. I haven't played Burnout Paradise, but it sounds like one of those inbetween sequels where they add a bunch of new stuff but can't really handle it yet and so you just wait until the next sequel for them to really implement the new stuff in a game that's actually fun. I would like for future sequels to Burnout to include pedestrians who erupt into bloody messes when you mow them down and I'd like to see the drivers and passengers of cars go flying through the windshields when the cars crash.


That's GTAIV!

:twisted:

Actually, try Flatout. That's actually very good. Better than Full Auto, which isn't worth a punt at any price.
Image
User avatar
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 7438
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:30 am

Postby travis-dane on Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:31 pm

Actually, try Flatout. That's actually very good. Better than Full Auto, which isn't worth a punt at any price.


THANKS Atomic,I was thinking FULL AUTO,but the title escaped me,both parts suck.....

I recommended FLATOUT2 to Spandau allready,I think thats right up his alley....
-
Lesbian Nazi Hookers Abducted by UFOs and Forced Into Weight Loss Programs!
Image
User avatar
travis-dane
100% OLEG!
 
Posts: 5418
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:19 am
Location: DTVille

Postby Spandau Belly on Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:41 pm

Thanks guys,

I watched the review and trailer for Flatout and it looked a lot like Burnout so I'll definately try it. The footage I saw didn't have any crazy weapons on display like I wanted, but maybe they're in there. It mostly looked like a bunch of redneck stunt stuff, which totally appeals to me.

Maybe they could make a Super Mario Kart deal only James Bond Kart where you can play as all the Bond characters and drive all the Bond cars and get Q to add weapons to them. I'd love to see Oddjob sitting on a phonebook so he could see over the steering wheel of the gold Rolls Royce while he tries to slam Jaws in a Astin Martin off the road. I actually have the scores from Bond movies in my Xbox and use them as soundtracks for my driving games. The theme from On Her Majesty's is awesome for car chases.
User avatar
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock
 
Posts: 7396
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:15 am
Location: ????

Postby travis-dane on Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:07 pm

The theme from On Her Majesty's is awesome for car chases.


The Propellerheads remix of OHMSS is AWESOME....

By the way Spandau,there is a BOND racing game for the PS1.....
Not that it helps you,but there is one....
-
Lesbian Nazi Hookers Abducted by UFOs and Forced Into Weight Loss Programs!
Image
User avatar
travis-dane
100% OLEG!
 
Posts: 5418
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:19 am
Location: DTVille

Postby Spandau Belly on Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:13 pm

Thanks Travis I hadn't heard of that Bond rocket car shoot-em-up racer game for PS1, and you're right, it doesn't help me, but it's good to know they made a game like that once so they may do it again. And yes, GTA4 will give me a nice bloody driving game, but GTA isn't really a racer series. Sure there's getaways and stuff, which involve driving and shooting but it's not really the same thing as Burnout or that 007 Racer I envisioned.

And I'm sorry that videogames get censored in Germany, I knew they did that in Australia, but yeesh that sucks. Do they dub the voices for games there? They put out the Halo games in French here, but most other stuff is just English. In DOA4 the characters say little martial arts lines before and after they fight, but they left it in Japanese with English subtitles those cheap bastards. The dialogue is pretty funny and I'd like to have had in English.
User avatar
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock
 
Posts: 7396
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:15 am
Location: ????

Postby travis-dane on Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:36 pm

Spandau Belly wrote:Thanks Travis I hadn't heard of that Bond rocket car shoot-em-up racer game for PS1, and you're right, it doesn't help me, but it's good to know they made a game like that once so they may do it again. And yes, GTA4 will give me a nice bloody driving game, but GTA isn't really a racer series. Sure there's getaways and stuff, which involve driving and shooting but it's not really the same thing as Burnout or that 007 Racer I envisioned.

And I'm sorry that videogames get censored in Germany, I knew they did that in Australia, but yeesh that sucks. Do they dub the voices for games there? They put out the Halo games in French here, but most other stuff is just English. In DOA4 the characters say little martial arts lines before and after they fight, but they left it in Japanese with English subtitles those cheap bastards. The dialogue is pretty funny and I'd like to have had in English.


It depends on the fact how much money a publisher wants to spend on dubbing,but most games get subtitles....
Other "Quality"games from Big Houses like TAKE2(Bioshock,The Darkness)get movie style dubbing,which is REALLY good....

And most of the violent games get "cut",because if they are cut,the games get a lower rating(16+) and can be sold in public....
-
Lesbian Nazi Hookers Abducted by UFOs and Forced Into Weight Loss Programs!
Image
User avatar
travis-dane
100% OLEG!
 
Posts: 5418
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:19 am
Location: DTVille

Re:

Postby King Of Nowhere on Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:18 pm

Spandau Belly wrote:Maybe they could make a Super Mario Kart deal only James Bond Kart where you can play as all the Bond characters and drive all the Bond cars and get Q to add weapons to them. I'd love to see Oddjob sitting on a phonebook so he could see over the steering wheel of the gold Rolls Royce while he tries to slam Jaws in a Astin Martin off the road. I actually have the scores from Bond movies in my Xbox and use them as soundtracks for my driving games. The theme from On Her Majesty's is awesome for car chases.


Spandau Belly wrote:When I bought my X360 (the first video game console I've owned since the SNES) back at Christmas, I did some research into the types of games I liked and got both Burnout Revenge and PG4 and have been very happy with both delivering totally different racing experiences (action movie and realistic racing).

However, something I'm looking for but haven't found is something like these games I used play at a mate's house called Twisted Metal. I'd love a game like Burnout Revenge only with James Bond type cars that shoot rockets and oil slicks and stuff. If anybody knows any such game for the X360 please let me know...



I know this thread is kinda old, but the team behind PGR may have what your looking for...
It's called BLUR & it's described as "Forza meets Mario Kart"
User avatar
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!
 
Posts: 6173
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:36 pm

Re: Best Xbox 360 Driving/Racing game...

Postby Spandau Belly on Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:50 am

I've been playing Midnight Club: Los Angeles again a lot lately and I love it because the real world environment makes every race so different. I like the L.A. setting, it provides many different types of routes and different challenges and all the expensive cars look right at home. It comes with a good soundtrack full of the type of music I associate with LA (rap, latino, techno, and some pop-rock). I listen to the game's soundtrack a lot and also use my own.

The game is a like being in a Fast & Furious movie and I really love playing it. It is a different enough experience from my other two faves (PGR4 and Burnout Revenge) to make it worthwhile and distinct.

I'm pretty sure we're due for another round of racers soon. PGR5 has got to be in the pipeline and after Burnout Paradise getting pretty poor reception I'm sure they'll want to make a new Burnout game better than ever. But, the improvements from one installment to the next on those aren't usually that big. I'm happy with PGR4 and probably wouldn't buy another one if it was just to get a slightly bigger roster of cars or whatever. I'd actually be most excited about a new Midnight Club game. I think there's lots of cool cities they could do.
Image
User avatar
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock
 
Posts: 7396
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:15 am
Location: ????

Re: Best Xbox 360 Driving/Racing game...

Postby King Of Nowhere on Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:13 pm

MS does have a team working on PGR5, but it's not Bizzare anymore as they left MS & are bringing out BLUR.
Forza 3 is coming out soon, as are Dirt 2 & Need for Speed: Shift.
User avatar
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!
 
Posts: 6173
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:36 pm

Re: Best Xbox 360 Driving/Racing game...

Postby alysian on Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:47 am

How much do driving lessons cost in Canada? My boyfriend lives in Canada and is looking at starting driving lessons/doing the first test to start to get his license (sorry, I don't know the process over there, I already have my Australian license). I want to send him some money for him to get started with it. If he's starting at the very beginning, is it lessons first or a test or what? How much would they cost?
_____________
affiliateelite ~ affiliateelite.com ~ adgooroo ~ adgooroo.com
alysian
GLIB
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:22 am


Return to Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron