MORTAL KOMBAT

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

Who do you want to win?

MK
33%
DC
33%
Marvel
No votes
Whoever wins, we lose
33%

Total votes : 3

Fier Forjat

Postby WQPeterBlackER on Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:26 am

Fier Forjat
suntem cei mai buni producatori care executam cu durabilitate balustrade inox durabilitate
WQPeterBlackER
GLIB

Re: MORTAL KOMBAT

Postby King Of Nowhere on Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:02 pm

Does it play like MK II, or have they changed the control system?
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Spandau Belly on Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:12 pm

It is very close to MK2. The punch, kick, and throw buttons are all still punch kick and throw buttons, but now they have made it so that each button controls a limb. One punch button will control the arm closest to your opponent and the other will control the one further away. But I dont actually notice any difference during the game. Uppercuts and sweeps and all are still done the same old way. The throws now are also more elaborate and involve a bit of grapple beatings before you ultimately throw your opponent.

They have also added a super meter. You fill it up and can use it either for 4 enhanced special moves, 2 combo breakers (this stops an opponent mid-combo and refunds you any damage they had done during that combo) or 1 x-ray attack (this is like the ultra combo from Street Fighter 4).
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby Spandau Belly on Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:26 am

The first DLC character got released last night. She is a new character named Skarlet, another girl ninja along the lines of Mileena, Kitana, and Jade. So far, she is the only character in this game who has not appeared in a previous MK game. She is a very fast playing character with good range attacks.

The next DLC character will be Kenshi, a Zatoichi knockoff from a MK game I never played.

After that it will be Purple Rain, a ninja who was born this way.

Then there will be a fourth DLC fighter who's identity has yet to be revealed. I hope it's Ed Boon himself.

Each DLC character comes with two alternate costumes for other characters. Skarlet came with retro skins for Cyrax and Sector so that they have that Power Rangers look like back in MK3.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby King Of Nowhere on Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:24 am

Spandau Belly wrote:
After that it will be Purple Rain, a ninja who never meant to cause you any sorrow, never meant to cause you no pain, only wants to one time hear you laughing, only wants to see you laughing/bathing/underneath him.

If his fatality turns people into a symbol, i might buy it.
Last edited by King Of Nowhere on Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Spandau Belly on Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:43 am

This is what it sounds like... when doves die!

Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby Spandau Belly on Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:28 am

buster00 on December 17 2008 wrote:
Spandau Belly wrote:And even though this mashup turned out well, I think pitting MK against DC was the wrong crossover. I think they should've gone with MK versus Legends of Horror so that we could see the MK crew fight Freddy, Jason, Michael Meyers, Pinhead, Leatherface etc. The gorey gothic multilation fest between these two would fit even more naturally than with these comic book characters and players would live to see the fatalities. Maybe next time.

Dude, that is a billion dollar idea. I would love to see a game like that.

I am a prophet!

Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Re: MORTAL KOMBAT vs STREET FIGHTER

Postby TheButcher on Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:29 am

Ed Boon teasing Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter possibility?
Take this with a grain of salt, as NetherRealm Studios' Ed Boon is known to be a bit of a joker, but he recently posted a message on Twitter stating that he was looking forward to an initial meeting with Capcom's Seth Killian to discuss a Mortal Kombat crossover with Street Fighter.
Yes, great catching up with you too. Looking forward to our first Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter meeting. First order of business: MKvsSF or SFvsMK. ;)

Yoshinori Ono has previously confirmed interest in doing such a title as well, but added that creating this product would be hard.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Spandau Belly on Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:12 pm

The MK team's new game is a fighting game with only superhero characters called INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US. I can't say anything about it really jumps out at me. I'm not really into superheroes, and most of them are the same characters featured in MK vs DC. The game looks a little too heavy on cut-scenes that will be cool to watch once or twice, but just interupt the gameplay every time after that.

As for MK vs STREET FIGHTER, I think it is a bad idea. I don't see how they're going to combine the dark gorey look of MK with the colourful anime look SF, and the gameplay styles are also very different, SF is a lot faster gameplay than MK.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby Spandau Belly on Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:06 pm

There is a new MK game in development for the next gen. They are keeping it hush-hush because they are still milking INJUSTICE and don't want to take any attention away from it.

I have a hard time seeing how they could top MK9. That was just the perfect MK game. Also, that game's back-to-basics approach was moreorless an admission that almost everything post-MK3 has been a mis-step. But I guess they'll get back to cluttering up the gameplay so that they can do another back-to-basics installment in 15 years. Word right now is that they are going with a new roster of fighters and throwing away most, if not all, of the classics. No word on new feautres in the gameplay yet.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby TheButcher on Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:13 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Spandau Belly on Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:31 am

Ed Boon teases a lot of things.

Lately he's been making a lot of statements about how after the success of INJUSTICE, his dream project would now be a MARVEL VS DC fighting game. But even though it would make a billion dollars, it won't happen. Ten thousand lawyers will die just deciding on whether it would be called MARVEL VS DC or DC VS MARVEL. They need a superhero who can overcome pettiness.

He also talked about wanting to use the idea I talked about earlier in this theard of making a LEGENDS OF HORROR fighting game with Pinhead, Candyman, Freddy, Jason etc.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby TheButcher on Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:13 am

24's Kiefer Sutherland Is in the Next Mortal Kombat Game
The 24 star confirmed that he's been working on an upcoming Mortal Kombat project.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby so sorry on Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:53 am

TheButcher wrote:24's Kiefer Sutherland Is in the Next Mortal Kombat Game
The 24 star confirmed that he's been working on an upcoming Mortal Kombat project.

A Jack Bauer character in a Mortal Kombat game? That would be badass.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Spandau Belly on Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:22 am

It seems that both Mortal Kombat X and Injustice 2 are in the works.

I doubt Warner Brothers wants to compete with itself, so I imagine the releases of these two fighting games will be staggered so that there's at least 6 or 7 months between their releases.

I did pick up Injustice and liked it. It was a fun game. Everybody seems to agree that a tag mode will be an obvious addition to a sequel, even though the tag mode in Mortal Kombat 9 never really caught on in a big way. Most fighting game sequels tend to see expanding the roster as an obvious way of topping themselves. So there will probably be at least 32 characters (before DLC) this time. Since it was a comic book game, there was of course lots of griping about the roster in the first game. Lots of guys who are obsessed with some obscure characters were disappointed that their favourite character didn't make the cut. I would read some of those complaints and then I would google that character, and I must admit, a lot of these characters were very cool-looking. One criticism I would agree with is that the first game was a little too heavy on Batman characters and content. There were 7 Batman characters out of the game's 30 playable characters. That was a bit much, especially seeing as one of them was Batgirl.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby Spandau Belly on Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:32 pm

Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby so sorry on Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:31 pm

so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Spandau Belly on Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:06 am

I've been watching the coverage for this game and I like what I see.

The roster screen looks like it has room for about 25 characters, and each character has three different versions which each swap a special move and/or combo.

This game does not appear to have the level transitions of Injustice, the combat seems to be limited to the boundaries of edges of any given arena. But the environments are interactive with some neat ways that the characters can bounce and propel themselves around as well as stuff/people that they can chuck at their opponents.

Ed Boon has been saying that the frontrunner for the special guest character is Jason Voorhees.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Re: MORTAL KOMBAT X

Postby TheButcher on Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:37 am

Mortal Kombat X: 8 Things to Expect in the Story
Mortal Kombat's time travel reboot caused history to repeat itself, but with a lot more dead heroes. With the new game coming, what's next?

Spandau Belly wrote:I've been watching the coverage for this game and I like what I see.

Ed Boon has been saying that the frontrunner for the special guest character is Jason Voorhees.

Spandau Belly wrote:Since they've got the rights to the Jason Voorhees character they could lead JASON X into a crossover with STAR TREK. I think JASON VS STAR TREK could be a surprise hit.

Al Shut wrote:
TheBaxter wrote:
TheButcher wrote:M Night Shyamalan's Jason vs Tupac

i put my money on tupac. machetes can't harm a hologram.

Only if Danny Trejo is involved.

Jason X vs Tupac vs Machete vs Star Trek vs Mortal Kombat X!!!
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Spandau Belly on Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:48 am

Don't get my hopes up, man! After that Lady Gaga in Street Fighter IV thing turned out to be a hoax, I cried.

Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby TheButcher on Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:25 am

Mortal Kombat X - Raiden Reveal Trailer HD
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:02 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: MORTAL KOMBAT X