All things controller driven will be talked about here.

Postby Mark Hinnegan on Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:22 am

REMOVED BY THE POSTER
Last edited by Mark Hinnegan on Sun May 15, 2011 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Hinnegan
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Re: If you love Metal Gear Solid say 'Aye.'

Postby Evil Hobbit on Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:02 pm

Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Postby Al Shut on Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:21 am

Aye

Actually just the PLay Station one.

The first PS2 game left me kinda cold and I never came around to play the following ones.

But I'll always remember MGS as the game that gave me a massage.
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby Mark Hinnegan on Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:10 am

Message? Which one?

The original had so many messages that were delivered powerfully.

"Each and every living thing is born with their fate written into their own genetic code. It's unchangeable - immutable. But that's not all there is to life. I told you before the reason I got into genetics was because I wanted to know about my life - where I came from. But I was wrong. I didn't find anything. I didn't learn anything. I've spent so long looking for a reason to live... but now I'm going to just live. You musn't allow yourself to be chained to fate - to be ruled by your genes. Humans can choose the type of life we want to live. The most important thing is that you choose life.... and then LIVE."

Who would have ever thought that a VIDEO GAME could have such powerful qualities that only cinema can deliver otherwise?

Also, and is it just me, or is the Credits song, 'The Best Is Yet To Come', a very powerful, almost haunting and soothing ballad?

There are so many great things about the game. I cannot say enough. The characters. The dialogue is superb. The voice acting. The gameplay is tense, exciting, and always holds interest. The storyline is powerful and full of twists and turns. The graphics, even for a Playstation game, are very, very high quality. But what makes the game so great is that you are drawn in... from the moment Solid Snake slowly ascends on the elevator, and the score is playing in the background... and the title card; Tactical Espionage Action.... Metal.... Gear... Solid.... what a mindblower, even ten years later.
Mark Hinnegan
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby Al Shut on Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:19 am

Not message, massage. As in relieving the cramp I had in my arm after the torture scene
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby Mark Hinnegan on Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:21 am

Heh. My mistake.

Oh, yes. I remember that. There were two cases of controller manipulation.

Naomi: "Put the controller on your arm."

Psycho Mantis: "I will move your controller with the power of my will alone!"

What was very funny was on my first play-through, I had a Red Sony model PSX controller - no Dualshock, so no vibration. I was left scratching my head at that one.
Mark Hinnegan
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby magicmonkey on Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:34 am

I only got so far into MGS on the PS, the copy I had kept crashing... I did play through all of the 2nd MGS on the PS2 tho, the oil tanker level sukked balls... but the rest of it was oddly atmospheric and entertaining. I felt many strange emotions on playing that no film can easily elicit, still that end boss battle was epic fun, and I still remember my cries of elation at 4am in the morning, as my studious housemates burnt the midnight oil, when I succeeded in genetically spllcing some Octocon geezer with my Ninja sword. It all made not a jot a sense to me other than the fact that digital trash, much like this post, is escalating exponentially and soon it will overwhelm us all like a thread dedicated to Havoc and Kirk fluff... or the washing up in a student house or, snails, if you are lettuce.
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby King Of Nowhere on Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:08 pm

Only played VR Missions on the PS1.
Was kinda shit to be honest.

EDIT: well, i liked the NES game, if that counts.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Hermanator X on Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:20 pm

I have to say that the MGS/Little big planet levels look like a lot of fun.
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Return to Games