Call of Duty: black ops

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

Call of Duty: black ops

Postby Heyoucantlaughatthat on Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:34 pm

Really? No topic for this yet?

I started playing this after I finally got tired of waiting half an hour to get into a Gears 2 game (that was usually very laggy even after all that time), and I'm having a blast.

The multiplayer is fun (and the matchmaking is quick), it's pretty much EXACTLY the same as Modern Warfare, only with different guns and scenery, which of course isn't a bad thing.

I'm trying to get through Campaign on Veteran, and it's giving me a headache. Still oodles of fun though. They really play up the angle of making the Japanese the hell-bent, crazed warriors, which makes it INTENSE.

If anyone was thinking "I don't want to go back to WW2 after Modern Warfare", I would say don't think that. It really is fun.
Image
User avatar
Heyoucantlaughatthat
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE
 
Posts: 306
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:59 pm

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:43 pm

Call of Duty: Black Ops

It's currently get high scores from reviewers, but rather mixed scores from actual users (and apparently the Xbox/PC/PS3 versions have quite a few bugs).

Has anyone played it yet?
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13926
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Re: Call of Duty: World at War

Postby so sorry on Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:13 pm

I know Bayouwolf bought it earlier this week. Hopefully he sees this post and responds.

One of the OLEG guys said he and a friend played thru the entire campaign mode in 4 or 5 hours. I don't think that's a ringing endorsement.

I plan on buying it this weekend. I'm most interested in the online play since that's all I do now with Modern Warfare2. Speaking of which: as I was playing last night I was wondering if the number of people playing online was going to dip severely now that a new game is out....like I was going to get on a map and find only two guys playing against me!
User avatar
so sorry
Deacon Blues
 
Posts: 15364
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:29 am

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops

Postby Bayouwolf on Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:16 pm

I'm loving this so far...
The realism from how long it takes to reload a weapon to how it fires right down to aiming is spot on...I can't say enough good things about that. NOW, with that said, the AI is a joke on the lowest setting, and damn near impossible on the hardest...I've never been headshot so many times during a campaign mode of any game.

I'm honestly not sure how they played through the game that fast...I'm only about 3 hours in on the next to hardest level and I've barely scratched the surface of this thing. I guess you could run and gun your way through it and not bother to play it as intended, but that kind of thing will get you hammered during an online match.

Oh yeah, and holding true to every game out now, there's a Zombie mode to be played through. Haven't even touched that yet but I can see it being pretty damn good with the levels I've gone through so far.

Haven't ventured into an online match as of yet, but I'm figuring on Saturday being the day. Should have most of the experiance I need to keep from getting my ass handed to me right off the bat.
Image
User avatar
Bayouwolf
Country Bouy
 
Posts: 3247
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:55 pm
Location: In the GTA, bitches....

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops

Postby travis-dane on Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:11 pm

Bayouwolf wrote:I'm loving this so far...
The realism from how long it takes to reload a weapon to how it fires right down to aiming is spot on...I can't say enough good things about that. NOW, with that said, the AI is a joke on the lowest setting, and damn near impossible on the hardest...I've never been headshot so many times during a campaign mode of any game.

I'm honestly not sure how they played through the game that fast...I'm only about 3 hours in on the next to hardest level and I've barely scratched the surface of this thing. I guess you could run and gun your way through it and not bother to play it as intended, but that kind of thing will get you hammered during an online match.

Oh yeah, and holding true to every game out now, there's a Zombie mode to be played through. Haven't even touched that yet but I can see it being pretty damn good with the levels I've gone through so far.

Haven't ventured into an online match as of yet, but I'm figuring on Saturday being the day. Should have most of the experiance I need to keep from getting my ass handed to me right off the bat.


It looks fantastic, it plays well, but the game campain is way to short (like almost every other FPS these days except for Bioshock or the best FPS ever HL 2). I found it rather easy to finish, but I was born with a joypad in my hand, so dont take me as reference.
But I did not bought it, my pal did and he did it for the online content. Which is rather good, but dont buy it for the single player campain. And I dont play online, so it's a worthless game for me.
-
Lesbian Nazi Hookers Abducted by UFOs and Forced Into Weight Loss Programs!
Image
User avatar
travis-dane
100% OLEG!
 
Posts: 5418
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:19 am
Location: DTVille

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops

Postby King Of Nowhere on Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:17 pm

Mods, the thread title needs changed to "the call of duty thread" or something, Black Ops & World at War are not the same game.

I've only played the first 5 mins of the DS version & it was utter shite, heard bad things about all versions though (terrible glitches all round, some strange blurriness on the ps3 version...), a lot of people are still waiting on a bugfix for cod 4, so i'll be giving the 360 version a miss (unless i see it for £9.99)
User avatar
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!
 
Posts: 6173
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:36 pm

Re: Call of Duty: black ops

Postby Maxo on Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:13 pm

Okay, so.. I am not a big FPS fan, nor do I understand what's so great about it. Personally, I am a big online gamer and from what I have heard and from playing the first Modern Warfare briefly I will say it's fun. However, for me it gets boring running around shooting people for hours and hours. I would rather play NHL 11, which imo never get old. It just seems if I want to go online and compete against others I would rather it be a sports game than some FPS.

Go play Goldeneye instead, and not on the Wii, break out your n64 and get some 4-player action in. That will never get old.

Just my $0.02, but i find the whole FPS genre getting old.. and it's not that interesting. Just a fad that all the 14-year-olds are playing. Pick up Fallout New Vegas instead, the story this time around is weak, and the FPS elements aren't the best, but the use of VATS and a huge world will never get old.
Ha ha ha ha ha, you're not kablamo
User avatar
Maxo
GLIB
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:06 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Call of Duty: black ops

Postby King Of Nowhere on Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:42 pm

Maxo wrote:Go play Goldeneye instead, and not on the Wii, break out your n64 and get some 4-player action in. That will never get old.

I've heard the Wii version is pretty much COD. The controls, the feel...
The online multiplayer even has custom classes, perks & attachments.
Offline multiplayer has paint-ball & all the other stuff the n64 game had though.

Just my $0.02, but i find the whole FPS genre getting old...

Half Life 2: Episode 3 will change this, whenever it comes out.
User avatar
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!
 
Posts: 6173
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:36 pm

Re: Call of Duty: black ops

Postby Maxo on Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:24 am

King Of Nowhere wrote:
Maxo wrote:Go play Goldeneye instead, and not on the Wii, break out your n64 and get some 4-player action in. That will never get old.

I've heard the Wii version is pretty much COD. The controls, the feel...
The online multiplayer even has custom classes, perks & attachments.
Offline multiplayer has paint-ball & all the other stuff the n64 game had though.

Just my $0.02, but i find the whole FPS genre getting old...

Half Life 2: Episode 3 will change this, whenever it comes out.


Hmm interesting. I may actually have a reason to play my Wii for Goldeneye. However, the nostalgia factor of playing the n64 makes it better.

And yes.. Episode 3 - whenever the hell Valve decides to get er' done.
Ha ha ha ha ha, you're not kablamo
User avatar
Maxo
GLIB
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:06 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Call of Duty: black ops

Postby Wolfpack on Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:01 pm

You see, the WHITE Ops are all like "Oh my! I do believe we have incoming!" but the BLACK Ops are all "DAMN! We got a motherfuckin' mortar inbound!"
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
User avatar
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 2671
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:48 am
Location: Asheville, NC

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops

Postby ONeillSG1 on Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:42 pm

Fried Gold wrote:Call of Duty: Black Ops

It's currently get high scores from reviewers, but rather mixed scores from actual users (and apparently the Xbox/PC/PS3 versions have quite a few bugs).

Has anyone played it yet?


Yes I have.

And here's what I think about it:

http://www.twingalaxies.com/index.aspx?c=25&id=2312
User avatar
ONeillSG1
ADAMA
 
Posts: 4738
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:23 am
Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:41 am

ONeillSG1 wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:Call of Duty: Black Ops

It's currently get high scores from reviewers, but rather mixed scores from actual users (and apparently the Xbox/PC/PS3 versions have quite a few bugs).

Has anyone played it yet?


Yes I have.

And here's what I think about it:

http://www.twingalaxies.com/index.aspx?c=25&id=2312

Good stuff.

"Short campaign leaves you wanting more" seems to be par for the course with these games, as I ran through Modern Warfare in a couple of days. I think I'm going to wait until either the bugs are fixed or the price drops (as I'm not paying full price for a game with so documented with bugs)
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13926
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops

Postby ONeillSG1 on Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:05 pm

Fried Gold wrote:
ONeillSG1 wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:Call of Duty: Black Ops

It's currently get high scores from reviewers, but rather mixed scores from actual users (and apparently the Xbox/PC/PS3 versions have quite a few bugs).

Has anyone played it yet?


Yes I have.

And here's what I think about it:

http://www.twingalaxies.com/index.aspx?c=25&id=2312

Good stuff.

"Short campaign leaves you wanting more" seems to be par for the course with these games, as I ran through Modern Warfare in a couple of days. I think I'm going to wait until either the bugs are fixed or the price drops (as I'm not paying full price for a game with so documented with bugs)


Thanks.
User avatar
ONeillSG1
ADAMA
 
Posts: 4738
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:23 am
Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops

Postby so sorry on Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:03 pm

Fried Gold wrote:
ONeillSG1 wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:Call of Duty: Black Ops

It's currently get high scores from reviewers, but rather mixed scores from actual users (and apparently the Xbox/PC/PS3 versions have quite a few bugs).

Has anyone played it yet?


Yes I have.

And here's what I think about it:

http://www.twingalaxies.com/index.aspx?c=25&id=2312

Good stuff.

"Short campaign leaves you wanting more" seems to be par for the course with these games, as I ran through Modern Warfare in a couple of days. I think I'm going to wait until either the bugs are fixed or the price drops (as I'm not paying full price for a game with so documented with bugs)


I've only played Black Ops for a few hours, and all in the online/multiplayer role. I haven't noticed any bugs or wonkyness myself (yet!).

I'm liking it, not loving it. I was hoping to get involved in the online community before everyone was level 50 and above, but it seems that within one fucking week of the game's release I'm already behind! Nothing fun about getting my ass kicked like this, but I went thru the same dilemna with MW2 and worked my way up (slowly) to level 70. I'm liking the new graphics, but I'm not a fan of the weapon selection. But again, I've only scratched the surface at this point.

Oh, and last night I dicked around with the Zombie part of the game. Seems stupid and pointless to me...
User avatar
so sorry
Deacon Blues
 
Posts: 15364
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:29 am

Re: Call of Duty: black ops

Postby King Of Nowhere on Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:15 pm

I picked it up cheap.
Multiplayer got patched.

Online is about 100 times better than MW2. Snipers have to actually snipe, shotgun users have appropriate range & SMG's work better in close - medium range than assault rifles.
Best of all = no fucking nukes
User avatar
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!
 
Posts: 6173
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:36 pm

Re: Call of Duty: black ops

Postby so sorry on Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:22 pm

King Of Nowhere wrote:Best of all = no fucking nukes



Amen to that.
User avatar
so sorry
Deacon Blues
 
Posts: 15364
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:29 am

Re: Call of Duty: black ops

Postby ONeillSG1 on Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:13 pm

so sorry wrote:
King Of Nowhere wrote:Best of all = no fucking nukes



Amen to that.


I second that notion. Love the attack dogs and the RC-XD.
User avatar
ONeillSG1
ADAMA
 
Posts: 4738
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:23 am
Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .


Re: CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS Expansion CALL OF THE DEAD

Postby so sorry on Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:55 am




A) Stupid
B) kinda cool
C) which they wouldn't associate this with Call of Duty...has no connection whatsoever
D) PS Network is currently dead (and NOT rising), so this is a dick tease!
E) Did I mention stupid yet?
F) all of the above
User avatar
so sorry
Deacon Blues
 
Posts: 15364
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:29 am


Return to Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests