Conker's canned sequel ):

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

Conker's canned sequel ):

Postby OriginalGagBonkers on Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:40 pm

Anyone remember the video game Conker's bad fur day? This game for its time was made by Rareware...Who has given us the titles of Donkey Kong Country, banjo-kazooie, Perfect dark...and one character which starred in this game named Conker the squirrel... Long story short about this game is that it became a cult. After its release a rumor went on about a sequel to the game.... Which then turned out to be a remake for the Xbox called Live and reloaded.

But however on September 16, 2008....It was announced that Rare was making a sequel called Conker's Other Bad fur day...but however Microsoft cans it. :P :x Dont believe me? Here's the proof of it....

http://mundorare.com/news/2008/09/conke ... -conquers/ Chris seavor's words describing the game....

Chris Seavor wrote:“We actually started on a direct sequel which was going to be called ‘Conker’s Other Bad Day‘ which dealt with Conker’s somewhat unsuccessful tenure as King. He spends all the treasury money on beer, parties and hookers. Thrown into prison, Conker is faced with the prospect of execution and the game starts with his escape, ball and chain attached, from the Castles highest tower.”

That sounded like a pretty good plotline if you ask me...But I was however shocked to see Chris saying this....

[quote= "Chris Seavor"]“If Microsoft asked for another Conker I’d be more than happy to oblige, all things considered.”[/quote]

To me this doesnt seem fair...Because recently Banjo-kazooie made a comeback with a new game{Which from what I heard is awful...but given mixed reviews} this doesnt seem fair. If Banjo-kazooie got a comeback{and getting a new game which seems to be Banjo-fourie} then why the hell isnt this happening? I would pay to see a new conker game....

I made this back in november 28, last year...Normally petitions sometimes never work but I just hope it works because I want a new Conker game for the 360...So far its doing good... speard the word about this if you want a new conker game.

http://www.petitiononline.com/78952632/petition.html
OriginalGagBonkers
GLIB

Re: Conker's canned sequel ):

Postby Seppuku on Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:53 pm

Quick, not entirely unrelated, question: did the American release of Conker's Bad Fur Day feature the same weird, slurred, drunken-sounding Northern accents that ours did? I know it was made by Rare's British studio, but I was just wondering if they didn't overdub them for the overseas release, as even I had no idea what those guys were saying half the time!

Considering the original was an N64 game, you'd think they might try and get this out on the Wii, not the XBOX 360. I'd love to see the faces of all the kids whose parents buy this for them thinking it's just another harmless platform game, when Conkers gets royally fucking slozzered© and starts swearing like a talkbacker in the opening cutscene. Heh heh.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Re: Conker's canned sequel ):

Postby King Of Nowhere on Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:11 am

Seppuku wrote:Quick, not entirely unrelated, question: did the American release of Conker's Bad Fur Day feature the same weird, slurred, drunken-sounding Northern accents that ours did? I know it was made by Rare's British studio, but I was just wondering if they didn't overdub them for the overseas release, as even I had no idea what those guys were saying half the time!

Considering the original was an N64 game, you'd think they might try and get this out on the Wii, not the XBOX 360. I'd love to see the faces of all the kids whose parents buy this for them thinking it's just another harmless platform game, when Conkers gets royally fucking slozzered© and starts swearing like a talkbacker in the opening cutscene. Heh heh.

Nintendo don't own half of Rare now. MS bought them a few years ago.
MS re-released Bad Fur Day on the 360 & apparently censored it to pieces.

I'm pretty sure the American N64 cart had the same voices as the British version. I'll fire up an emulator later & find out for sure.

Rare have got a lot on their hands right now. They're "restructuring the company" (read: firing people) due to the financial crisis.
I'm sure we'll get another Conkers game after they get round to making KI3, if they ever do.

I'm pretty sure the Xbox version of Bad Fur Day is available on Marketplace as an Xbox Original.
Banjo-Kazooie is on the marketplace too & Banjo-Tooie is scheduled for release in April.
Maybe MS will re-release all Rare's games that Nintendo don't own the rights too.
Well, except for Goldeneye.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Return to Games