Bioshock 2

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

Bioshock 2

Postby Heyoucantlaughatthat on Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:13 pm

I'm usually pretty hesitant to name my absolute "favorite" anything. But I really think that it terms of cinematic single player campaign immersion greatness, Bioshock was my favorite ever. Guess what. They're making Bioshock 2.

Here's the game's official teaser/viral site...
http://www.somethinginthesea.com

I will definitely be picking up Game Informer this month to get the details, but any return to Rapture is exciting for me. What do you guys think?
Last edited by Heyoucantlaughatthat on Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heyoucantlaughatthat
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Re: Bioshock 2: Sea of Dreams

Postby Heyoucantlaughatthat on Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:51 pm

Due to the overwhelming response from the zone to this topic, I'm going to post more details from the Game Informer issue.

-You will play as the "Big Sister", who is that skinny looking Big Daddy in the GI cover. If I remember correctly, the Big Sister was actually the first of the Big Daddies, but left Rapture for a while, and now she's back 10 years after the events of the first Bioshock.

- That giant needle/drill thing on the Big Sister's arm will function as a melee weapon.

-With the return of Big Sis to Rapture, Little Sisters will return too, and splicers, now more starved than ever for precious ADAM, will still be trying to get their grubby hands on them.

-Since the little sisters trust you, ADAM will be more readily available to you.

-Most of the original plasmids will be back, but they will have more advanced evolutions, and you can be more creative with them.

-Maybe multiplayer...

If anyone else is excited about this, I would urge them to post on this topic, if only to give me more security about my own topic creating ability.
Heyoucantlaughatthat
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Re: Bioshock 2

Postby mynameisfoxtrot on Thu May 14, 2009 12:59 pm

have you guys seen the 9 new minutes of gameplay?

check it out!
http://www.mynameisfoxtrot.com/journal/2009/5/14/bioshock-2-9-minutes-of-gameplay.html
mynameisfoxtrot
GLIB

Postby travis-dane on Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:49 pm

-
Lesbian Nazi Hookers Abducted by UFOs and Forced Into Weight Loss Programs!
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby tfactor on Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:36 pm

Hello all,

I just picked this up and started playing yesterday. And very much the same as youcan'tdothatontelevision (or at least thats what I think of everytime I see his name) I too was a HUGE original Bioshock fan! I played the hell out of that game, went thru the campaign several times! But the best part of it was that it didn't try to be all multiplayer, it was a single solo experience which absolutely rocked my socks off from start to finish.

Now I just started playing this yesterday but that trailer above - was Not in the early part of the game that I played and I hadn't seen this yet. This trailer is AMAZING! I tried to keep myself fairly spoiler free to ensure the best experience but I wish I had watched this first.

Now I haven't tried the multi player yet but I can say safely, after about 3-4 hours of play last night; I am counting the seconds to get off work & get home because I want to get back into the game.

If you have not played the first one - I strongly suggest doing so before you dive into this sucker. Maybe even play Prey 1st to get your 1st wrench experience. I say this because they almost assume completely that you know about nearly everything that was going, and they do this right away based on experience from the 1st game. The game is a true "continuation" inthat way but I can see how it could suffer from those who are not In the Know! The gameplay itself is not the previous Wrench and you are a full blown big daddy this time but this has its advantages. To be fair though, though it also has its draw backs.

I won't say anymore until I complete the game and get some experience with the online stuff but so far - it is one of the better games I've played in at least a couple months and worth checking out imo. Enough for me to buy it on release date, which is rare! We also got Assassins Creed 2 but Athena is playing it, so I may have to wait a while.

more to follow from me but what do you think?

Enjoy and I hope to see some of you online
-T
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby Fievel on Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:46 pm

travis-dane wrote:The EPIC launch trailer is here....ENJOY!

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/launch-trailer-bioshock-2/61531?type=flv

:shock: Wow....... want to play.... now!!
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby travis-dane on Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:58 pm

Yeah, I got it yesterday and it's fucking awesome!
I am also about 4 hours in and the game just keeps getting better. Just wait until the first time that you fight a Big Sister...
or the new Hulk like splicer...
good stuff.
-
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby royalt on Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:31 am

This game is TOTALLY amazing. Played the first one, but this is one is far and much better. Graphics, game play, story line, suspension...Did i forget anything? Play it NOW!
royalt
GLIB

Postby travis-dane on Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:51 pm

royalt wrote:This game is TOTALLY amazing. Played the first one, but this is one is far and much better. Graphics, game play, story line, suspension...Did i forget anything? Play it NOW!

Thats not really true, the first one is better, it takes longer to play through, the story was better and the other characters where richer and had far more interesting back sorys.
Dont get me wrong, part two is a really good game and I finished it allready(it gets really easy after the second level) but the game has some major flaws, the biggest of them all is that you CANT go back to the previous level. Thats a huge letdown. The best part about the first game was that you could go back and explore the huge levels. The second is to streamlined. And the fact that you can use plasmids and guns at the same time makes the game to easy.
But part two is a must play too. I am looking forward to play part three, set above the ocean...
-
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Return to Games