MAX PAYNE 3

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

MAX PAYNE 3

Postby cabjvitu on Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:50 am

Holy shit!!!! FINALLY! i hope it´s not april´s fools in any country!!

Web: http://www.rockstargames.com/maxpayne3/

Take-Two has announced that Max Payne 3 is in development at Rockstar Vancouver and will be released for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC this winter.

The game was originally mooted all the way back in 2004, but things have been quiet since. Original developer Remedy is not involved by the sound of it.

While specific details about MP3 are thin on the ground, we're told that gritty, trenchcoat-loving grumpy-guts Max is now retired but still "embroiled in a world of corruption, turmoil and intense violence".

In fact, Max has left New York behind, and having been double-crossed, is now trapped "in a city full of violence and bloodshed, using his weapons and instincts in a desperate search for the truth and a way out".

We're also promised "more of the classic elements and hyper-intense action that fans have come to love", although the game will be "moving the story of Max in a new direction".

"We're starting a new chapter of Max's life with this game," said Sam Houser, Rockstar Games founder.

"This is Max as we've never seen him before, a few years older, more world-weary and cynical than ever. We experience the downward spiral of his life after the events of Max Payne 2 and witness his last chance for salvation."

sadly Remedy has nothing to do with it as far as i know... what about Sam Lake?!

the first 2 games are loved ones in my personal book, it was like a movie dream project too, but Hollywood used their worst ways on this material, giving us an unwatchable garbage.. :/

anyways CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS GAME!

cabjvitu
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Re: MAX PAYNE 3

Postby cabjvitu on Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:50 pm

wow slow days in this forums, nobody cares about this?!?! come on!
cabjvitu
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby King Of Nowhere on Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:42 am

I think most people are just bitter at the franchise due to the marky mark movie.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby cabjvitu on Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:53 pm

yeah i HATED that movie, but man i loved the games!!! so i guess this could be our comeback to max! anyways, im curious on how they will bring it to next gen... withouth compromising the soul of the game, and that fantastic narrative.. and the noir.. oh the noir.. hehehe
cabjvitu
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby papalazeru on Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:00 pm

I played through the first 2 games. Really enjoyed the story, thought the gameplay was a bit basic and shit really but the control system was good and I liked the bullet time. Just got really boring.

Unless this is quite revolutionary, I won't be wasting my money.

Oh and I saw the flim, Bleurgh!!!!
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby cabjvitu on Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:49 pm

the first max payne brought bullet time to gaming! to me they were amazing games, and to the media too, they were critically acclaimed, even were surprised when the second one could not sell that much in spite of awesome reviews, the change of ¨face¨ was a big hit to the fans though..
cabjvitu
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby King Of Nowhere on Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:34 pm

joystiq wrote:Leaving the gritty film noir New York City of Max Payne and its sequel behind for a more tropical environment (though still a major city), Max Payne's next game takes him to São Paulo, Brazil. According to the latest Game Informer scans from the magazine's July issue cover story, the "disrepute" Mr. Payne has fallen into can be attributed to 12 "lost years" between the events of the first two Paynes and the upcoming game.

Rockstar confirmed to Game Informer the addition of multiplayer as well, though -- big surprise! -- the company is keeping mum on too many details regarding whether it'll be co-op, versus, or the always mysterious "something else." For all the details, you'll want to check out the magazine when it hits your mailbox or local brick-and-mortar.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Nachokoolaid on Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:44 am

It's like Max Payne turned into Mel Gibson or something.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

30/10/09

Postby King Of Nowhere on Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:50 pm

King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Return to Games