Aliens Vs Predator 3

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

Aliens Vs Predator 3

Postby papalazeru on Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:43 pm

If you've played the first two by Rebellion, then you've probably spent as much ammo as you did crapping yourself when you played as the Marines.

So, one of the true beauties of the FPS world returns once again after quite a haiatus.

Aliens Vs Predator 3

Now THAT is how you tease people. Ignore the films, this is what Aliens Vs Predator should be about. Reprise your role as either an Alien, Predator or cannon fodder (Marine) as you try and survive the royal rumble.

AvP 2 is one of the few games that, when playing as a Marine, really scared the bejesus out of me. The atmosphere was perfect. I have high hopes for Rebellion making this and the graphics, well - it looks better than all Predator films and all Alien films put together.

Bring it on.

Trailer 2
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Re: Aliens Vs Predator 3

Postby Fried Gold on Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:43 am

The original was awesome. I remember upgrading my PC just to play that, and ended up spending most of my college A-Level study time on it.

Why can't games be as good as that and Dark Forces anymore?
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Re: Aliens Vs Predator 3

Postby papalazeru on Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:07 am

Fried Gold wrote:The original was awesome. I remember upgrading my PC just to play that, and ended up spending most of my college A-Level study time on it.

Why can't games be as good as that and Dark Forces anymore?

Well hopefully, they can and will be.

I'd still buy AvP 2 now just for the multiplayer which was fantastic. The sound of the pulse rifles in the distance as another Marine succumbs to a grizzly demise at the hands of a band of Aliens, a Predator scream as another Marine gets head hunted, and you a lowly Marine spawning for the first time - sometimes your heart was in your throat.

The control system on the AvP series was a little fiddly but certainly very intuitive once you got the knack, with each type having their advantages. I liked playing as either a Marine or Alien because you knew you were going to die but it was just how well you were going to die :)
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Return to Games