Quake: Free New Online Zone Game!

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

Re: Quake: Free New Online Zone Game!

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:36 pm

King Of Nowhere wrote:Then stop wasting your time in the games section & go do whatever you think this place needs.


Goes off to the AICN TB to promote this place. Fails.
User avatar
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower
 
Posts: 16622
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:49 am

Re: Quake: Free New Online Zone Game!

Postby King Of Nowhere on Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:43 pm

I posted that dedicated TB's were killing the zone.
Since then, i haven't seen many dedicated TB's on the main site.

Still, at least i tried.
User avatar
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!
 
Posts: 6173
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:36 pm

Re: Quake: Free New Online Zone Game!

Postby BuckyO'harre on Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:51 pm

Damn.

When I try to start a game it freezes then goes back to Windows and the color is fried.
So I restart my pc and log back into Quake then recieve this info about the crash-

QuakeLive caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005) in module
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RPCRT4.dll
at 001b:77ec2e27.

1 processor(s), type 586.
84% memory in use.
504 MBytes physical memory.
80 MBytes physical memory free.
2273 MBytes paging file.
1629 MBytes paging file free.
2048 MBytes user address space.
1599 MBytes user address space free.


I had this problem a few days ago and I increased the paging file. I guess I could do that again,but is there something else going on?
BuckyO'harre
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 3724
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:14 am

Re: Quake: Free New Online Zone Game!

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:27 pm

Just signed up! Not sure if I'll be around for the playdate this weekend (depends on when we end up scheduling it), but I'll hop on later and add you all.
Image
User avatar
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked
 
Posts: 17641
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:18 pm
Location: Pasture next to the Red Barn

Re: Quake: Free New Online Zone Game!

Postby Pacino86845 on Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:34 pm

The play date was set to 3PM EST on Sunday (8PM GMT). The more the merrier, if we can get at least 8 players we will have a blast. Otherwise we will try to have these sessions every now and then so everyone should be able to make one at some point.
User avatar
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER
 
Posts: 14064
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:20 am

Re: Quake: Free New Online Zone Game!

Postby papalazeru on Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:54 pm

Pacino86845 wrote:The play date was set to 3PM EST on Sunday (8PM GMT). The more the merrier, if we can get at least 8 players we will have a blast. Otherwise we will try to have these sessions every now and then so everyone should be able to make one at some point.



the biggest problem is skill level.

I'm thinking (and this is no way meaning rude) that I have the highest skill level in Quake live as there are many times I try to join others and it won't let me becuase of my skill level. Anyone know how to read it?

If this is the case, shouldn't the highest skill level person choose the level and we all join?
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
User avatar
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!
 
Posts: 11475
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:26 am

Re: Quake: Free New Online Zone Game!

Postby Pacino86845 on Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:58 pm

The skill level is set in the initial "training" game with that bot that you have to fight... obviously you went a little wild on the bot, whereas I knew to lose on purpose... :D

But yeah, the easiest thing is for you to choose the level, but someone could just choose a level that's set to a higher skill level than theirs and you'd be able to join. That's what I did last time for that CTF game.
User avatar
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER
 
Posts: 14064
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:20 am

Re: Quake: Free New Online Zone Game!

Postby TonyWilson on Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:59 pm

Papa, please don't get excited, you're the same level as me and I'm still shit.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
User avatar
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow
 
Posts: 9155
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:45 am
Location: A Drained Swimming Pool

Re: Quake: Free New Online Zone Game!

Postby papalazeru on Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:06 pm

TonyWilson wrote:Papa, please don't get excited, you're the same level as me and I'm still shit.


Those tham thar fightin' words. :D

And, yes I had no idea what other peoples skill levels were or are. It's just everytime I tried to join other peoples games I got rejected. It was a bit odd.

but my l337 skillz will win
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
User avatar
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!
 
Posts: 11475
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:26 am

Re: Quake: Free New Online Zone Game!

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:38 pm

I wont be able to attend the one on Sunday :x I'm going to a Seattle Oktoberfest thing. But I'll be up for other battles so that Papa and Tony can kick my ass!
Image
User avatar
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked
 
Posts: 17641
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:18 pm
Location: Pasture next to the Red Barn

Re: Quake: Free New Online Zone Game!

Postby Fried Gold on Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:41 pm

BuckyO'harre wrote:Damn.

When I try to start a game it freezes then goes back to Windows and the color is fried.
So I restart my pc and log back into Quake then recieve this info about the crash-

QuakeLive caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005) in module
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RPCRT4.dll
at 001b:77ec2e27.

1 processor(s), type 586.
84% memory in use.
504 MBytes physical memory.
80 MBytes physical memory free.
2273 MBytes paging file.
1629 MBytes paging file free.
2048 MBytes user address space.
1599 MBytes user address space free.


I had this problem a few days ago and I increased the paging file. I guess I could do that again,but is there something else going on?

Apparently that .dll file is part of the way Windows communicates over networks. So Quakelive was doing something a bit too wonky in talking to your PC over the intertubes.

Probably reinstalling the plug-in again would be a good idea (if that can be done).
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13931
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Re: Quake: Free New Online Zone Game!

Postby papalazeru on Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:47 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:I wont be able to attend the one on Sunday :x I'm going to a Seattle Oktoberfest thing. But I'll be up for other battles so that Papa and Tony can kick my ass!



Ha! I wouldn't worry.

I need copious amounts of amphetamine and coffee just to slow the damn game down. I'm not very good, I just beat a woman for a few minutes so they thought I was good. I don't get it, isn't every man good at that?
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
User avatar
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!
 
Posts: 11475
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:26 am

Re: Quake: Free New Online Zone Game!

Postby TonyWilson on Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:36 am

Right then bitches, I'm online. Who wants some?
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
User avatar
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow
 
Posts: 9155
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:45 am
Location: A Drained Swimming Pool

Re: Quake: Free New Online Zone Game!

Postby TonyWilson on Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:40 am

Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
User avatar
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow
 
Posts: 9155
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:45 am
Location: A Drained Swimming Pool

Re: Quake: Free New Online Zone Game!

Postby papalazeru on Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:47 am

TonyWilson wrote:Right then bitches, I'm online. Who wants some?



Wish I could. Work is keeping me :(
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
User avatar
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!
 
Posts: 11475
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:26 am

Re: Quake: Free New Online Zone Game!

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:55 am

papalazeru wrote:
TonyWilson wrote:Right then bitches, I'm online. Who wants some?



Wish I could. Work is keeping me :(


That's more like. Well done, my lad. PLAY is the offensive 4 lettered word in life, not WORK. All you other sods on unemployment benefit just wasting your lives away on Quake.
User avatar
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower
 
Posts: 16622
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:49 am

Re: Quake: Free New Online Zone Game!

Postby papalazeru on Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:00 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:
papalazeru wrote:
TonyWilson wrote:Right then bitches, I'm online. Who wants some?



Wish I could. Work is keeping me :(


That's more like. Well done, my lad. PLAY is the offensive 4 lettered word in life, not WORK. All you other sods on unemployment benefit just wasting your lives away on Quake.



Yes Mr. Bad removals man #2
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
User avatar
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!
 
Posts: 11475
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:26 am

Re: Quake: Free New Online Zone Game!

Postby TonyWilson on Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:05 pm

Me and Derlang had a quick match but one was definitely ruined by a cheater. Anyone up fo rplaying tonight about 10 or 11pm GMT?
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
User avatar
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow
 
Posts: 9155
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:45 am
Location: A Drained Swimming Pool

Re: Quake: Free New Online Zone Game!

Postby Pacino86845 on Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:06 pm

I'll sign on around then, I don't have anything planned I don't think.
User avatar
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER
 
Posts: 14064
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:20 am

Re: Quake: Free New Online Zone Game!

Postby DerLanghaarige on Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:07 pm

Tony, what was the username of the cheater in our first game? That guy was insane! He fired before I already came around the corner and of course always hit me. One time I was even hiding deep under water and he killed me just while he was jumping over me, although it was obvious that he couldn't even see me.
Image
User avatar
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt
 
Posts: 2558
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:00 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Quake: Free New Online Zone Game!

Postby TonyWilson on Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:16 pm

I think it was Aim Shoman or Aim Roman, something like that. But yeh, full on cheating bastard he is.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
User avatar
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow
 
Posts: 9155
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:45 am
Location: A Drained Swimming Pool

Re: Quake: Free New Online Zone Game!

Postby papalazeru on Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:21 pm

TonyWilson wrote:I think it was Aim Shoman or Aim Roman, something like that. But yeh, full on cheating bastard he is.


Make a list of cheaters on the front of this thread so we can vote kick if we see one.

I put forward ealier in this thread, Darkos and the reasons why
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
User avatar
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!
 
Posts: 11475
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:26 am

Re: Quake: Free New Online Zone Game!

Postby TonyWilson on Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:15 pm

Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
User avatar
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow
 
Posts: 9155
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:45 am
Location: A Drained Swimming Pool

Re: Quake: Free New Online Zone Game!

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:44 pm

It looks like they've changed it so that you can't play anyone of a different skill level.

Which means most of us can't play against each other now.
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13931
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Re: Quake: Free New Online Zone Game!

Postby TonyWilson on Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:45 pm

That's ridiculous if so, are you sure?
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
User avatar
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow
 
Posts: 9155
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:45 am
Location: A Drained Swimming Pool

Re: Quake: Free New Online Zone Game!

Postby papalazeru on Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:09 pm

Chocolate Monk and STban were cheats.

You can always tell by the rail gun. It predicts where you're going to be. Plus, there were quite a few times they ran round the corner and fired a missle directly at you or where you were walking.

Too coincidental.

Mind you, playing with so many zoners was ace for a while. I reckon we should take our disputes there and settle them over a gladitarial battle.

Right, first fight....MAKE ME A MOD!!!


Hahah!
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
User avatar
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!
 
Posts: 11475
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:26 am

Re: Quake: Free New Online Zone Game!

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:17 pm

TonyWilson wrote:That's ridiculous if so, are you sure?

It looks like you can't play in rooms that have a skill level lower that yours.
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13931
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Re: Quake: Free New Online Zone Game!

Postby TonyWilson on Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:20 pm

They have any skill rooms trhough, it's like a lightning bolt symbol instead of an arrow pointing up or down.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
User avatar
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow
 
Posts: 9155
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:45 am
Location: A Drained Swimming Pool

Re: Quake: Free New Online Zone Game!

Postby papalazeru on Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:24 pm

TonyWilson wrote:They have any skill rooms trhough, it's like a lightning bolt symbol instead of an arrow pointing up or down.


Correct, but you can only play a certain distance below (let's say for example -2 levels). You can play any team above but not below.

To be brutally honest I think come sunday we're going to have to let one of us get on a high ranking clear server, everyone else join and we kick anyone joining till all Zons are in. Anyone else who joins us is fine so long as they are not cheating.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
User avatar
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!
 
Posts: 11475
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:26 am

Re: Quake: Free New Online Zone Game!

Postby Pacino86845 on Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:36 pm

There is certainly a workaround regarding the different skill levels... and for instance even though papa is pretty good he's still killable, unlike those super-players (*cough*cheaters*cough*) we've bumped into from time to time.

Sunday will be awesome, I really hope we can get at least 8 players.
User avatar
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER
 
Posts: 14064
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:20 am

Re: Quake: Free New Online Zone Game!

Postby TonyWilson on Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:57 pm

I don't think everyone who's amazing is cheating, sure there are the obvious cases but some of these guys have been playing Quake for 10 years so they will be amazing, especially with all the health/armor/weapon respawning locations and times memorised.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
User avatar
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow
 
Posts: 9155
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:45 am
Location: A Drained Swimming Pool

Re: Quake: Free New Online Zone Game!

Postby King Of Nowhere on Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:03 pm

You can only join games one skill lower or two skills higher than yourself.
It stops the players from expert mode coming in & pwning the noobs.

If you want to know if someone's cheating, note the name. Afterwards, check their win/loss ratio & frags/deaths ratio.
Good players can still be killed.
People who an see your hit-box through the wall? not so much.
User avatar
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!
 
Posts: 6173
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:36 pm

Re: Quake: Free New Online Zone Game!

Postby TonyWilson on Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:49 pm

Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
User avatar
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow
 
Posts: 9155
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:45 am
Location: A Drained Swimming Pool

Re: Quake: Free New Online Zone Game!

Postby papalazeru on Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:44 am

Last nigth was an absolute blast. Who's up for tonight?

Maybe just a little. :)

We need to own a room so we can kick people.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
User avatar
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!
 
Posts: 11475
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:26 am

Re: Quake: Free New Online Zone Game!

Postby King Of Nowhere on Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:51 am

You can vote to kick at the beginning of each stage.
Sadly, it means you'll have to go 10/15mins or 10 rounds with the haxxors before you can vote.

Just press esc & VOTE is in the tabs up top.


I'm in, if this P.O.S. is still able to run in 10 hours.
User avatar
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!
 
Posts: 6173
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:36 pm

Re: Quake: Free New Online Zone Game!

Postby Pacino86845 on Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:25 pm

I'm in but I wouldn't be able to join until about midnight GMT...
User avatar
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER
 
Posts: 14064
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:20 am

Re: Quake: Free New Online Zone Game!

Postby DerLanghaarige on Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:57 pm

Not sure if I'm there today, but tomorrow I will be.

BTW, am I the only one who expects the announcer voice in the game to yell at one point "TWITTERTRACKERTWITTERTRACKERTWITTERTRACKERTWITTERTRACKERTWITTERTRACKER"?
Image
User avatar
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt
 
Posts: 2558
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:00 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Quake: Free New Online Zone Game!

Postby King Of Nowhere on Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:54 am

Games are a lot calmer at this time in the morning.

I got 24 frags in a 10 min match. Make of that what you will.
User avatar
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!
 
Posts: 6173
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:36 pm

Re: Quake: Free New Online Zone Game!

Postby Pacino86845 on Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:20 am

Last night I actually found an "honest" group of people, ended up 2nd or 3rd place almost consistently... much merriment was had.
User avatar
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER
 
Posts: 14064
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:20 am

Re: Quake: Free New Online Zone Game!

Postby TonyWilson on Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:10 am

Yeh I still got my ass kicked but I managed to take a good many out too, which was nice.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
User avatar
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow
 
Posts: 9155
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:45 am
Location: A Drained Swimming Pool

Re: Quake: Free New Online Zone Game!

Postby papalazeru on Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:33 pm

Did we not agree on 8

It's only Tony and Pacino.

FG was there for a sec but has gone
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
User avatar
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!
 
Posts: 11475
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:26 am

Re: Quake: Free New Online Zone Game!

Postby Fried Gold on Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:13 pm

Every game I seem to go in today have had people who appear right in front of you as soon as you regenerate (or who seem to be able to hit on target with 100% accuracy).

You see people reporting it on their forums, but it just falls on deaf ears.
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13931
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Re: Quake: Free New Online Zone Game!

Postby papalazeru on Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:59 pm

Fried Gold wrote:Every game I seem to go in today have had people who appear right in front of you as soon as you regenerate (or who seem to be able to hit on target with 100% accuracy).

You see people reporting it on their forums, but it just falls on deaf ears.



I agree, spawning needs to be sorted out. I suppose that's what other games have done better.

It's really quite fun when you don't get a cheat in there. The last game I played with FG was awesome fun. FG obviously found the spawn point for the quad damage, something I need to find for each level.
Don't worry, his 733T H4X0R SK177Z do not pass me buy...vote...kick.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
User avatar
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!
 
Posts: 11475
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:26 am

Re: Quake: Free New Online Zone Game!

Postby DerLanghaarige on Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:05 pm

Don't tell me everybody is already gone. Man, timezones are a bitch. (Not to mention that I told you that I will be ona litle bit later.)
Image
User avatar
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt
 
Posts: 2558
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:00 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Quake: Free New Online Zone Game!

Postby Fried Gold on Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:13 pm

papalazeru wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:Every game I seem to go in today have had people who appear right in front of you as soon as you regenerate (or who seem to be able to hit on target with 100% accuracy).

You see people reporting it on their forums, but it just falls on deaf ears.



I agree, spawning needs to be sorted out. I suppose that's what other games have done better.

It's really quite fun when you don't get a cheat in there. The last game I played with FG was awesome fun. FG obviously found the spawn point for the quad damage, something I need to find for each level.
Don't worry, his 733T H4X0R SK177Z do not pass me buy...vote...kick.

I've played certain maps quite often, so I'm more familiar with everything, and you'll see my score go up.

Other maps...I'm not quite so good on.
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13931
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Re: Quake: Free New Online Zone Game!

Postby papalazeru on Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:34 pm

Fried Gold wrote:
papalazeru wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:Every game I seem to go in today have had people who appear right in front of you as soon as you regenerate (or who seem to be able to hit on target with 100% accuracy).

You see people reporting it on their forums, but it just falls on deaf ears.



I agree, spawning needs to be sorted out. I suppose that's what other games have done better.

It's really quite fun when you don't get a cheat in there. The last game I played with FG was awesome fun. FG obviously found the spawn point for the quad damage, something I need to find for each level.
Don't worry, his 733T H4X0R SK177Z do not pass me buy...vote...kick.

I've played certain maps quite often, so I'm more familiar with everything, and you'll see my score go up.

Other maps...I'm not quite so good on.


That's what all the hackers say ;)

It's cool. I still have no clue where I'm going on half the maps, I have a vague idea where things are and I knowas soon as I start to head like a greyhound out of stalls for them, then to fight. I can't do shit without a weapon, but strangely enough other people can take me down with nothing. I'll put that down to my inexperience.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
User avatar
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!
 
Posts: 11475
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:26 am

Re: Quake: Free New Online Zone Game!

Postby DerLanghaarige on Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:38 pm

Sheesh, I had some pretty bad connection right now and most of the time I couldn't see where I was running. It was a mircale that I made the 11th place out of 16!
Image
User avatar
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt
 
Posts: 2558
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:00 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Quake: Free New Online Zone Game!

Postby Fried Gold on Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:59 pm

papalazeru wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:
papalazeru wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:Every game I seem to go in today have had people who appear right in front of you as soon as you regenerate (or who seem to be able to hit on target with 100% accuracy).

You see people reporting it on their forums, but it just falls on deaf ears.



I agree, spawning needs to be sorted out. I suppose that's what other games have done better.

It's really quite fun when you don't get a cheat in there. The last game I played with FG was awesome fun. FG obviously found the spawn point for the quad damage, something I need to find for each level.
Don't worry, his 733T H4X0R SK177Z do not pass me buy...vote...kick.

I've played certain maps quite often, so I'm more familiar with everything, and you'll see my score go up.

Other maps...I'm not quite so good on.


That's what all the hackers say ;)

It's cool. I still have no clue where I'm going on half the maps, I have a vague idea where things are and I knowas soon as I start to head like a greyhound out of stalls for them, then to fight. I can't do shit without a weapon, but strangely enough other people can take me down with nothing. I'll put that down to my inexperience.

You know that weapon you're left with once all your ammo is gone? I've seen people kill everyone just with that, yet I can never get it to do anything.
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13931
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Re: Quake: Free New Online Zone Game!

Postby BuckyO'harre on Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:36 pm

I'm only able to play every other day practically. It's still crashing right before I'm connected to the individual game server.
I think I'll reinstall the plugin.


Fried Gold wrote:You know that weapon you're left with once all your ammo is gone? I've seen people kill everyone just with that, yet I can never get it to do anything.


The gauntlet.
Silly question, but you know you still have to hold down the fire button,right? You can't just run into people while it's equipped.
BuckyO'harre
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 3724
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:14 am

Re: Quake: Free New Online Zone Game!

Postby BuckyO'harre on Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:42 am

I've connected ONCE out of my last seven attempts,ffs.
BuckyO'harre
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 3724
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:14 am

PreviousNext

Return to Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron