DC Universe Online

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

DC Universe Online

Postby Fried Gold on Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:11 pm



The game will probably end up being rubs, but that trailer is rather good.

Apparently it's going to cost $15 a month to play it.
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13914
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Re: DC Universe Online

Postby ONeillSG1 on Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:32 pm

Fried Gold wrote:

The game will probably end up being rubs, but that trailer is rather good.

Apparently it's going to cost $15 a month to play it.


I almost bought a PS3 just to get this game. However, after seeing the 15 a month fee, I laughed at my foolishness.

That's why this and any other pay to play MMORPG will never come to the X-Box 360 because Microsoft can't justify charging their subscribers 15 a month on top of the Live subscription, which is essentially there to offset such costs.
User avatar
ONeillSG1
ADAMA
 
Posts: 4738
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:23 am
Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Re: DC Universe Online

Postby ONeillSG1 on Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:59 pm

I am so torn over this game. I might just get it for my Boot Camped Mac.
User avatar
ONeillSG1
ADAMA
 
Posts: 4738
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:23 am
Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Re: DC Universe Online

Postby Leckomaniac on Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:36 pm

Has any other Zoner gotten this?

I bought it for the PS3 and am having a blast. It is certainly not without flaws and I can't comment on if it is successful as an MMORPG (this having been my first) but I can say that joining forces with Zatanna to fend off Felix Faust was awesome. And freeing the Teen Titans from the demon Trigon was too cool for school.

Anyone out there playing this?
Image
User avatar
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 11031
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:32 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: DC Universe Online

Postby Fried Gold on Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:07 pm

I'm still against having to pay a monthly subscription to play a game for which I've already paid money.
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13914
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Re: DC Universe Online

Postby King Psyz on Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:59 pm

Fried Gold wrote:I'm still against having to pay a monthly subscription to play a game for which I've already paid money.

Same here, although a lifetime sub is only $100 suposedly...

But with MMORPGs we know that could be as short as a few months, or a few years... $160 for a game is kinda steep...
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?
 
Posts: 4906
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: anywhere but here

Re: DC Universe Online

Postby Leckomaniac on Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:43 pm

I have been playing the game now for a week or so.

I am having a lot of fun. Really, it has been cool. My best friend got it as well, so we have been teaming up and stuff.

But I would really like to see how SOE supports the game going forward. There are many issues in the game and I would like to see those addressed with patches. If they are just going to abandon the game, well so will I. But if I see some legitimate effort to right some of the wrongs and improve on what is there...I'll stick around for a while.

But at $15 a month, I won't be staying for long.
Image
User avatar
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 11031
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:32 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: DC Universe Online

Postby Chilli on Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:57 pm

Got it. Love it.

Way I see it re: the subscription is I either pay £10 and enjoy this for a month, or spend £40 on some other game that I complete in a weekend and never play again. I'd rather pay the £10.
Bison: [to his architect] The temple above us was the wonder of the ancient world. Bisonopolis shall be the wonder of my world. But I think the food court should be larger. All the big franchises will want in.
User avatar
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost
 
Posts: 6869
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:13 am
Location: Wales

Re: DC Universe Online

Postby Leckomaniac on Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:17 pm

Chilli wrote:Got it. Love it.

Way I see it re: the subscription is I either pay £10 and enjoy this for a month, or spend £40 on some other game that I complete in a weekend and never play again. I'd rather pay the £10.


Are you a hero or villain? Team up with me! I am a hero on the Blood Will Run Server! Aleister Crowley is my name!
Image
User avatar
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 11031
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:32 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: DC Universe Online

Postby Chilli on Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:22 am

Leckomaniac wrote:
Chilli wrote:Got it. Love it.

Way I see it re: the subscription is I either pay £10 and enjoy this for a month, or spend £40 on some other game that I complete in a weekend and never play again. I'd rather pay the £10.


Are you a hero or villain? Team up with me! I am a hero on the Blood Will Run Server! Aleister Crowley is my name!


Are you on the EU Server?
Bison: [to his architect] The temple above us was the wonder of the ancient world. Bisonopolis shall be the wonder of my world. But I think the food court should be larger. All the big franchises will want in.
User avatar
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost
 
Posts: 6869
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:13 am
Location: Wales

Re: DC Universe Online

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:29 pm

Chilli wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:
Chilli wrote:Got it. Love it.

Way I see it re: the subscription is I either pay £10 and enjoy this for a month, or spend £40 on some other game that I complete in a weekend and never play again. I'd rather pay the £10.


Are you a hero or villain? Team up with me! I am a hero on the Blood Will Run Server! Aleister Crowley is my name!


Are you on the EU Server?


Oh I forgot about the different continent thing. Bummer.
Image
User avatar
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 11031
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:32 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: DC Universe Online

Postby Chilli on Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:30 pm

Drat.

Have you been to the Hall of Doom yet? I liked The Watchtower plenty as a heroes base, but the villain one is just awesome. Highlight has to be fucking Zoom in the hangar bay barking that he doesn't do house-calls and he'll e-mail you if you're quick enough.
Bison: [to his architect] The temple above us was the wonder of the ancient world. Bisonopolis shall be the wonder of my world. But I think the food court should be larger. All the big franchises will want in.
User avatar
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost
 
Posts: 6869
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:13 am
Location: Wales

Re: DC Universe Online

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:33 pm

Chilli wrote:Drat.

Have you been to the Hall of Doom yet? I liked The Watchtower plenty as a heroes base, but the villain one is just awesome. Highlight has to be fucking Zoom in the hangar bay barking that he doesn't do house-calls and he'll e-mail you if you're quick enough.


No I have only done the hero side of things. I am still getting the hang of everything. I am a bit miffed by the equipment portion of the game. Not sure how much of a difference that stuff makes in the scheme of things. And I can't seem to get most of my combinations to work.

Still, the game does a fantastic job of keeping me entertained for a quick two hours.
Image
User avatar
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 11031
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:32 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: DC Universe Online

Postby Chilli on Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:41 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:
Chilli wrote:Drat.

Have you been to the Hall of Doom yet? I liked The Watchtower plenty as a heroes base, but the villain one is just awesome. Highlight has to be fucking Zoom in the hangar bay barking that he doesn't do house-calls and he'll e-mail you if you're quick enough.


No I have only done the hero side of things. I am still getting the hang of everything. I am a bit miffed by the equipment portion of the game. Not sure how much of a difference that stuff makes in the scheme of things. And I can't seem to get most of my combinations to work.

Still, the game does a fantastic job of keeping me entertained for a quick two hours.


Yeah, I found it to be a tad fiddly.

Well, certain power groups. Super Speed and Fire seems to work fantastically. Acrobatics, guns and sorcery is dreadful. And some of the gun combos are astoundingly stupid given the fact that they take so long to do that any boss will kill you flat. On the plus side, we ganged up on Bizarro yesterday and the ten on one assault was poetry to watch.
Bison: [to his architect] The temple above us was the wonder of the ancient world. Bisonopolis shall be the wonder of my world. But I think the food court should be larger. All the big franchises will want in.
User avatar
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost
 
Posts: 6869
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:13 am
Location: Wales

Re: DC Universe Online

Postby ONeillSG1 on Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:39 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:Has any other Zoner gotten this?

I bought it for the PS3 and am having a blast. It is certainly not without flaws and I can't comment on if it is successful as an MMORPG (this having been my first) but I can say that joining forces with Zatanna to fend off Felix Faust was awesome. And freeing the Teen Titans from the demon Trigon was too cool for school.

Anyone out there playing this?


I am. Got it for the PS3. On quite a few US servers. Where are you?
User avatar
ONeillSG1
ADAMA
 
Posts: 4738
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:23 am
Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Re: DC Universe Online

Postby Bloo on Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:59 pm

I've been debating getting the PC version, actually been waiting to see what Zoners weigh in on this
Image
User avatar
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN
 
Posts: 9668
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:26 pm
Location: Kansas, home of the Bacon Explosion

Re: DC Universe Online

Postby papalazeru on Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:12 am

Bloo wrote:I've been debating getting the PC version, actually been waiting to see what Zoners weigh in on this


Teh quality of the game is poor, I'll avoid.

Personally, I'm waiting for a game that everyone jump in upon but this isn't it.

You don't actually play a super hero and you don't actualy get anything done. There's no point.
I have a game design which will get created at some point and it will be the ultimate past time. ...The world is just not ready yet!
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
User avatar
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!
 
Posts: 11474
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:26 am

Re: DC Universe Online

Postby ONeillSG1 on Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:47 pm

Folks, wanted to see if anyone has this game for PS3 and is in the US.

I have two toons that I frequent and would like to connect with you guys on the servers.

Cool?
User avatar
ONeillSG1
ADAMA
 
Posts: 4738
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:23 am
Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .


Return to Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests