Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Postby Hermanator X on Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:21 pm

Well, there goes all my free time, come november. Gimme gimme!
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Postby so sorry on Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:26 pm

Pftff. Whatev.

I still prefer my swords and sorcery games to look like this.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Hermanator X on Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:29 pm

Haha, well your in luck, as its just been added to the playstation store the other day, to download and play.
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby TonyWilson on Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:33 pm

:o :o :o :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :o :o :D :D :D :D :D :o :o :o :o

I SAID GODAMN WHAT A RUSH

First a new Radiohead album now that amazing trailer for the sequel to what is my favourite game of all time all in my birthday week. Awesome.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby Hermanator X on Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:54 pm

TonyWilson wrote::o :o :o :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :o :o :D :D :D :D :D :o :o :o :o

I SAID GODAMN WHAT A RUSH

First a new Radiohead album now that amazing trailer for the sequel to what is my favourite game of all time all in my birthday week. Awesome.

Its all turning out Millhouse for you this week! Happy birthday! I do believe I posted the radiohead link too, so I will see if I can dig up no 3 to top off your week! :D

I read a little while ago that they have worked/are working hard on the interactions with the npc's this time round. Rather than the static dead eye stares, a barman will be washing pots and chatting for instance. The npc's didnt really bother me so much last time round, as the content was still superb, but it will be a welcome improvement.
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby TonyWilson on Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:59 pm

Awesome dude, I thank you muchly :)
Best thing is I hadn't even heard about this until I saw your post, I'd actually thought there wasn't going to be a 5 and instead some MMo thing I'd never want to pay subscritption for so it's double good news! I've just done a little research and yeh there's a new game engine at work, finishing moves, dual wielding, better character interactionas you say and FUCKING UP DRAGONS.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby magicmonkey on Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:21 am

Slightly disappointed by the trailer in as much as it reminded me that games are throttled by the legion of PS3's and XBOX 360's holding back the progressive nature that PC gaming always use to herald, focusing on technology rather than consumer forces. BUT, it does at least keep C++ whizzes squeezing out efficient code although other than that, well, its not even coming out until 11 11 11 , WTF? That's the really disappointing part, unless of course they pull a Radiohead on us... Also, having a game title with the word "rim" in it brings the nostalgic, adolescent out of me. Anyone remember Skid Marks on the Amiga??!
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby Hermanator X on Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:24 pm

7 Minutes of gameplay footage.
Bye bye free time..... (actually I dont remember what free time is anymore......)
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby SilentBobX on Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:52 pm

Looks quite awesome. Can't wait.

Mahalo
SilentBobX
AIRWOLF

Postby papalazeru on Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:39 am

The reviews are coming in for this beaut of a game.

Everyone (so far) has scored over 90%.

I'm so pumped waiting for this game. Everything about it says quality, the music, the graphics, the concept and of course DRAGONS!!!! This is my Open world heaven of a game, something I can get lost in and thoroughly enjoy.

Anyone else waiting for Skyrim to drop?
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby Hermanator X on Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:43 am

Me. Cant bloody wait.

I have it preordered, and just tried phoning the game shop to ask if I could pick it up tonight as I cant make it to the collection tomorrow (a lie) but they werent having it. Dangnamit.

I was trading in some games a while back when I preordered it, and the staff informed me that if preordering the collectors edition, I would get an extra 15% value on the games I was getting rid of. Ended up not having to spend that much to make up the difference, so I thought why the hell not?

Then I saw the collectors edition online, and while nifty, I have no idea how im going to explain to my fiance that I own a 12" tall plastic dragon. The box is HUMONGOUS. I was expecting some artwork, maybe a little figure or something to geek up my workspace. But nope. A huge dragon which breathes infernal geek shame.

Finishing work tomorrow cant come soon enough!
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby papalazeru on Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:53 pm

Hermanator X wrote:Me. Cant bloody wait.

I have it preordered, and just tried phoning the game shop to ask if I could pick it up tonight as I cant make it to the collection tomorrow (a lie) but they werent having it. Dangnamit.

I was trading in some games a while back when I preordered it, and the staff informed me that if preordering the collectors edition, I would get an extra 15% value on the games I was getting rid of. Ended up not having to spend that much to make up the difference, so I thought why the hell not?

Then I saw the collectors edition online, and while nifty, I have no idea how im going to explain to my fiance that I own a 12" tall plastic dragon. The box is HUMONGOUS. I was expecting some artwork, maybe a little figure or something to geek up my workspace. But nope. A huge dragon which breathes infernal geek shame.

Finishing work tomorrow cant come soon enough!

Good call Herm.

I ordered mine on Steam. It's just sitting there, LOOKING AT ME AND SMIRKING!!!!! It won't unlock until midnight. Good luck. I'll be back to explain my first movements soon enough.

papalazeru

Postby papalazeru on Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:53 pm

I have to say, I've been playing this non stop; it's impossible to put down.

You do create your own adventure as you play. So far I've racked up 72 hours play time and I can't say that I'm bored of it at all.

As usual with the Elder Scrolls games, you start off as a nameless, faceless character which you then create yourself during the exposition.

My story goes thus far:

I started in Helgen, a nordic stronghold in almost the centre of the map (which is 16 sqaure miles of terrain to travel).

I got attacked by a dragon, escaped, someone thanked me and said I must join the fight. I said 'sod that' and I've been jounreying around ever since ignoring all the main quests of the game.

That's 72 hours, not actually playing the game for the story at all but creating my own as I went.

It's utterly compelling. There's so many diverse stories to be found in the world of Skyrim that you never regret getting lost at all. One such example was a lonesome man in a village who tasked me with the quest to find the dog outside of town because, 'It was a loyal dog and I admire him how he's been sitting outside of town', and so began the quest for the dog. Sure enough, I found him outside of the town sitting down quietly. I went up to the mutt who then decided to speak and promptly tell me he's a messenger for a Daedric god (a demon). I then follow him to his master who explains he split his demon being between the dog and himself and if I ever wanted unparalleled power I must go and find a magical axe. After an hour or two of killing and searching treasures chests I ultimately come to the axe, guarded by Mr. Badass. A few re-loads later, I'm on my way back to the Daedric god proudly waving the axe at anyone coming close enough - lions, bandits and bears (oh my). Upon my return, he tells me to kill the dog and I will be granted ultimate power. Now, I'm now head of the Assassins guild after many deaths, I've stolen and pick pocketed from countless people, bribed guards, fought dragons and won but there was no way I was KILLING THE MUTT!!!! So I struck a deal with the dog, gave the axe back, the dog melded with the statue and I went on my merry way.

So the man didn't get his dog, I didn't get my axe but it was the journey that counted.

It's not exactly the best ending to that little story but still it was enough of an individual story to quote just one of the wonderful experiences you have just idly running about doing anything you want.

This really is my ultimate game.

The only downside to the game is that the menu's are pretty much oriented to Consoles but I'm sure that's something that will be remedied when the construction kit comes out and people start modding the game.

10/10. And probably in another 72 hours, I'm pretty certain I'll give it 10 out of 10 again.

So to any people thinking of buying this game - just buy it and live the dream.

If living in a beautfully rendered single player fantasy world, then this is Nirvana.

papalazeru

Postby Wolfpack on Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:28 pm

I AM thinking of buying it, but I will wait until the price goes down and they release a Game of the Year edition with all the DLC and expansion packs, as they did with Oblivion and Morrowind.
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby Peven on Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:54 pm

papalazeru wrote:I have to say, I've been playing this non stop; it's impossible to put down.

You do create your own adventure as you play. So far I've racked up 72 hours play time and I can't say that I'm bored of it at all.

As usual with the Elder Scrolls games, you start off as a nameless, faceless character which you then create yourself during the exposition.

My story goes thus far:

I started in Helgen, a nordic stronghold in almost the centre of the map (which is 16 sqaure miles of terrain to travel).

I got attacked by a dragon, escaped, someone thanked me and said I must join the fight. I said 'sod that' and I've been jounreying around ever since ignoring all the main quests of the game.

That's 72 hours, not actually playing the game for the story at all but creating my own as I went.

It's utterly compelling. There's so many diverse stories to be found in the world of Skyrim that you never regret getting lost at all. One such example was a lonesome man in a village who tasked me with the quest to find the dog outside of town because, 'It was a loyal dog and I admire him how he's been sitting outside of town', and so began the quest for the dog. Sure enough, I found him outside of the town sitting down quietly. I went up to the mutt who then decided to speak and promptly tell me he's a messenger for a Daedric god (a demon). I then follow him to his master who explains he split his demon being between the dog and himself and if I ever wanted unparalleled power I must go and find a magical axe. After an hour or two of killing and searching treasures chests I ultimately come to the axe, guarded by Mr. Badass. A few re-loads later, I'm on my way back to the Daedric god proudly waving the axe at anyone coming close enough - lions, bandits and bears (oh my). Upon my return, he tells me to kill the dog and I will be granted ultimate power. Now, I'm now head of the Assassins guild after many deaths, I've stolen and pick pocketed from countless people, bribed guards, fought dragons and won but there was no way I was KILLING THE MUTT!!!! So I struck a deal with the dog, gave the axe back, the dog melded with the statue and I went on my merry way.

So the man didn't get his dog, I didn't get my axe but it was the journey that counted.

pussy :-P

:wink: :lol:

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Bloo on Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:21 pm

Pev, he said it was a dog not a cat ;)
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Wolfpack on Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:03 pm

I had a dog once, but then I took an arrow to the knee.
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby King Of Nowhere on Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:55 pm

King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Return to Games