Marvel MMORPG

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

Marvel MMORPG

Postby Chilli on Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:28 am

Bendis writing Marvel MMORPG

He co-created the Ultimate Universe for Marvel, spending over ten years on Ultimate Spider-Man. He rewrote the Avengers for the 21st century. He wrote the Secret Invasion event and wrote a defining run on Daredevil. And he’s now writing Marvel animation and movie stuff.

And now he’s been announced as the head writer of the Marvel MMO game that was announced way back. Bendis was teasing an announcement earlier today, and this is clearly it.

The game is being created with Dave Brevick, creator of Diablo and Andy Collins, lead story designer, both at Gazillion, for Sony.

We have Doctor Doom named as the main villain in the game and that it “will be a grand, epic tour, a reimagining of some of the biggest events in Marvel history.” Unlike the DCU Online, you’ll play as actual existing Marvel characters, including Thor, Captain America, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Hulk, Iron Man, Nova and Squirrel Girl. Announced just for the PC today, it will be free to play, so there’s no subscription model. Again unlike DCU Online.

Plenty more to come I’m sure…

Yeah...
Bison: [to his architect] The temple above us was the wonder of the ancient world. Bisonopolis shall be the wonder of my world. But I think the food court should be larger. All the big franchises will want in.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Re: Marvel MMORPG

Postby ONeillSG1 on Tue May 10, 2011 12:30 am

Sounds good, but does this mean that there will be like hundreds of Wolverines and Iron Mans running around? I want to be someone cool that flies but is not too mainstream.

Ideas?
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Re: Marvel MMORPG

Postby Chilli on Wed May 25, 2011 9:50 am

I can't see you being able to play as established characters.

My gut tells me each of those characters represents a specific power set.
Bison: [to his architect] The temple above us was the wonder of the ancient world. Bisonopolis shall be the wonder of my world. But I think the food court should be larger. All the big franchises will want in.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Return to Games