EA vs THE WORLD (of digital distribution, or just STEAM?)

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

What say you?

I agree with this old woman
33%
I do not agree with this old woman
No votes
KONG!
67%

Total votes : 3

EA vs THE WORLD (of digital distribution, or just STEAM?)

Postby King Of Nowhere on Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:03 pm

So Crysis 2 has been removed from Steam (it was a terrible port anyway, i'm not sure what crytek were thinking putting it out in that state) because Crytek broke the Steam TOS with it by agreeing to do something exclusively with Origin (EA's download service). EA say Crytek is to blame, because they chose to go with Origin (as a result of their contract with their publisher, EA)

Alice: Madness Returns was held exclusive to Origin for a few days before coming to steam in a slightly cut down version (missing all the stuff you'd get from pre-ordering it, because you could only pre-order it via Origin).

EA remains the physical publisher of Valve games for the time being.

Old woman says "EA, you suck"

Have i missed anything so far?
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Re: EA vs THE WORLD (of digital distribution, or just STEAM?

Postby King Of Nowhere on Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:40 am

Latest seems to be that EA denied extra development time to Crytek in order to prevent the pc version of Crysis 2 outshining the console versions in terms of visuals.
Crytek are in the middle of releasing massive textures, a dx11 mode update & a patch to get them both working.

They called this "a gift" even though Crysis 2 was billed as a DX11 game (dat false advertising) & Crytek were known more for pushing pc's to their limits than they were for actual gameplay.
It's safe to say the game will still be shit, but look great.

Crysis 2's sales on xbox 360 & PS3 combined failed to reach the numbers of the pc original (even with all the "baw, pirates halved Crysis sales numbers" complaints they had back then). I expect they'll choose another publisher whenever the option becomes available.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Re: EA vs THE WORLD (of digital distribution, or just STEAM?

Postby King Of Nowhere on Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:25 pm

Now Dragon Age 2 has been pulled from steam, looks like all EA games will get pulled at some point.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Return to Games