Call of Duty

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

Call of Duty

Postby so sorry on Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:27 pm

Its on bitches!!!!!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Postby King Of Nowhere on Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:37 pm

NO
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Bloo on Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:48 pm

fighting every urge to buy this...must save money...want this game
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby King Of Nowhere on Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:22 pm

Don't do it!

It's the same shit as last year, and the year before, and the year before, and... only with a bit more shiny.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Bloo on Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:42 pm

but oh so shiny
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby darkjedijaina on Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:59 pm

Shiny with Michael Rooker, yeah?
darkjedijaina
BAD ASH

Postby papalazeru on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:12 pm

It's like real war.

How the fuck you you bitches sign up to this shit?!?!?!

It's so annoying. Honestly, you don't deserve to live. It's really offensive.

It's CoD for a start, that shows you have not talent when it comes tom gaming.

The rest, just kill yourself please.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby so sorry on Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:58 pm

King Of Nowhere wrote:Don't do it!

It's the same shit as last year, and the year before, and the year before, and... only with a bit more shiny.

I've played my shiny new Black Ops II last night for a few hours and I thought it was fun, and can't wait until the wife and kiddies go to sleep tonight to continue. Is it totally different than previous entries? Well aside from the story and weapons, not particularly different. But isn't that how all these games are? I'm not sure what exactly "different" you would expect KoN from a shooter game like this. I'm a Call of Duty fan(atic?), so this is perfect for me. And after I finish the campaign mode, I look forward to countless hours spent playing the online community game (and routinely getting my ass handed to me).

papalazeru wrote:It's like real war.

How the fuck you you bitches sign up to this shit?!?!?!

It's so annoying. Honestly, you don't deserve to live. It's really offensive.

It's CoD for a start, that shows you have not talent when it comes tom gaming.

The rest, just kill yourself please.

Wha?
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby King Of Nowhere on Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:36 pm

so sorry wrote:
I've played my shiny new Black Ops II last night for a few hours and I thought it was fun, and can't wait until the wife and kiddies go to sleep tonight to continue. Is it totally different than previous entries? Well aside from the story and weapons, not particularly different. But isn't that how all these games are? I'm not sure what exactly "different" you would expect KoN from a shooter game like this. I'm a Call of Duty fan(atic?), so this is perfect for me. And after I finish the campaign mode, I look forward to countless hours spent playing the online community game (and routinely getting my ass handed to me).

Do you also look forward to spending another $60 on maps in order to be able to enjoy said multiplayer?

Things that i would expect from a manshoot worthy of my money:

Single player:
Gameplay a bit more complicated than "run to the dot"
A campaign that lasts longer than five hours
AI good guys that don't hold my hand through everything while repeating the same three lines over and over again
Health that doesn't regenerate
Enemies that don't respawn
Enemies that don't just stand about waiting to be shot

Multiplayer:
A reasonable amount of bug testing being done pre-release
Regular patches to fix all the shit they missed
Matches that are winnable below a 4 bar connection (i.e. good net code)
Weapon balancing (a reason to use more than 2 guns)
Perk balancing (a reason to use more than the same six perks we've used on the two classes we've given a shit about for the last x years)
Free map updates
Tools to create maps
Mod support
The option to use your own server
The devs not to give up on the game after 12 months
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby so sorry on Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:07 pm

King Of Nowhere wrote:
Do you also look forward to spending another $60 on maps in order to be able to enjoy said multiplayer?

You know what, I actually do look forward to it. 60 bucks, once a year, for something I get hours of enjoyment out of is worth it to me. I'm a casual gamer at best. My game time is so incredibly limited that I'm perfectly happy with what is essentially the same game year after year, but with shiny new guns and new maps. Is the campaign mode too easy? Sure it is. But again, aren't all these shooter games run the same way? And that's a legit question from me, as I don't play any other games. I'm not looking for a Mensa level puzzle solving game experience, I'm looking to shoot things for a few hours before I go to bed. Your complaints about the multiplayer are all aimed at Treyarch and Playstation, not really the game itself really. I have my own multiplayer complaints, most of which revolve around the fucking God-like powers of snipers, but again, for what I need this game to do, its perfectly suited for me.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby King Of Nowhere on Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:38 pm

so sorry wrote:
King Of Nowhere wrote:

You know what, I actually do look forward to it. 60 bucks, once a year, for something I get hours of enjoyment out of is worth it to me. I'm a casual gamer at best. My game time is so incredibly limited that I'm perfectly happy with what is essentially the same game year after year, but with shiny new guns and new maps. Is the campaign mode too easy? Sure it is. But again, aren't all these shooter games run the same way? And that's a legit question from me, as I don't play any other games.

No. Shit like BF3 and MOH are along the same lines, but the likes of the Far Cry series, the Brothers in Arms series, the F.E.A.R. series... even RAGE, which got quite a bad rep for some reason, had a lot more going on than the COD series (and COD clones).

so sorry wrote: I'm not looking for a Mensa level puzzle solving game experience, I'm looking to shoot things for a few hours before I go to bed. Your complaints about the multiplayer are all aimed at Treyarch and Playstation, not really the game itself really. I have my own multiplayer complaints, most of which revolve around the fucking God-like powers of snipers, but again, for what I need this game to do, its perfectly suited for me.

Shitty netcode, shitty weapon implementation and shitty perk implementation are problems with the game it's self (and all other CODs since the original MW).
The map packs thing is maybe an issue with Activision, but it affects every game in the series.
The bugs, the lack of regular patches, the devs giving up on the game after 12 months... IW and Treyarch are both guilty of it.
The lack of mod support, server support, tools to create maps... IW and Treyarch are both guilty of it. With BO2 they said "hey guys, we care about PC, we're using DirectX 11 and everything" and yet they still pull this shit.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby travis-dane on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:43 pm

so sorry wrote:
King Of Nowhere wrote:

You know what, I actually do look forward to it. 60 bucks, once a year, for something I get hours of enjoyment out of is worth it to me. I'm a casual gamer at best. My game time is so incredibly limited that I'm perfectly happy with what is essentially the same game year after year, but with shiny new guns and new maps. Is the campaign mode too easy? Sure it is. But again, aren't all these shooter games run the same way? And that's a legit question from me, as I don't play any other games. I'm not looking for a Mensa level puzzle solving game experience, I'm looking to shoot things for a few hours before I go to bed. Your complaints about the multiplayer are all aimed at Treyarch and Playstation, not really the game itself really. I have my own multiplayer complaints, most of which revolve around the fucking God-like powers of snipers, but again, for what I need this game to do, its perfectly suited for me.

Try the Bioshock games or Deus Ex Human Revolution for quality shooters, but only if you are interested in good story telling and superb gameplay. And of course a fantastic singleplayer campaign that ranges from about 20 (Bioshock 1 and 2) to 60 hours (Human Revolution).
If you want even more bang for your Bucks get the Orange Box, it has HalfLife 2 (maybe the best shooter ever made) and HalfLife 2 episodes one and two, also you get Portal1 and Team Fortress 2 (maybe the best online multiplayer ever made). Altogether in one box for about 20 Dollars. Without counting Team Fortress 2, you get about 100 hours of great FPS stuff.

I get the appeal of COD, if you are looking for short and "mindless" fun, this is the right FPS game series. Nothing wrong with that, people buy the endless NBA, NFL, NHL games for the same reason, once you are settled in your comfort zone, it's an easy way to be entertained for a few hours.

The only thing that really matters is that you get what you want out of it, everybody has the right to play what suits him most.
-
Lesbian Nazi Hookers Abducted by UFOs and Forced Into Weight Loss Programs!
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Re: Call of Duty

Postby so sorry on Fri May 02, 2014 12:40 pm

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.

Yes, that's Kevin Spacey by the way. Looks like they're going into the future again, with exoskeletans etc. I hope this installment holds my interest longer than the last one. I played online multiplayer for about 2 months....previous incarnations of CoD had me playing until the next one came out.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Fri May 02, 2014 2:20 pm

I've never been much of a multiplayer gamer, but have always enjoyed the single player campaigns. But this trailer looks like a better movie than a game. Even though it's just a game, Spacey's just chewing "scenery" left and right. Seriously, if this were a movie, it would have the potential to be the most enjoyable role on screen of his for me in a long, long time.

I miss good Spacey in movies.

.....and I need to see House of Cards. :oops:
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheButcher on Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:34 pm

New Vivendi Chairman Touts Synergies, 'Hidden Value'
Vincent Bollore doesn't signal what types of acquisitions he would be interested in, but outgoing chair Jean-Rene Fourtou explains his concerns about the "Call of Duty" video game franchise.
Georg Szalai wrote:Vivendi management on Tuesday also got shareholder questions about Netflix's upcoming launch in France and the decision to sell its stake in video game maker Activision Blizzard.

Fourtou on Tuesday also admitted that he was glad about the Activision divestiture given concerns about the effects of shooting games, such as the company's Call of Duty franchise. "They are on the cutting-edge of technology…They are a jewel," he said. "When we decided to focus on content and we had to reduce debt, the board decided that the priority would be to exit."

He added: "Activision Blizzard's business activity is based mainly on two games - World of Warcraft and Call of Duty, so it was fragile. When we bought Activision Blizzard, we very much believed in Guitar Hero, which was booming But within six months, it basically vanished." And, he argued, that "every single time there were massacres in Sweden, Norway, the United States, the killers were people who had been spending a lot of time playing those two games, especially Call of Duty."

Concluded Fourtou: "Supervisory board members just as you felt it was really a problem having this kind of business activity in our company."
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby so sorry on Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:24 pm

Advanced Warfare trailer. Still on the fence on whether or not I'll get it. The more complicated these games get, the less I like them (and more embarrassingly, the less well I play them).
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby so sorry on Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:04 pm

so sorry wrote:

Advanced Warfare trailer. Still on the fence on whether or not I'll get it. The more complicated these games get, the less I like them (and more embarrassingly, the less well I play them).

About 6 months in and I have in fact enjoyed CoD: Advanced Warfare alot. Still playing it even though I've topped out, skillz wise. I'd say I'm a middle of the pack multiplayer (maybe slightly above middle), which is alright by me.

So they released a trailer for the next installment, CoD: Black Ops III. But this one is set in the WAY future, not just the kinda future! Instead of boost exosuits, you got guns and shit in your body like a straight up cyborg.

Don't judge me, I like these stupid games.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Return to Games