Xbox 360 launching November 22

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

Xbox 360 launching November 22

Postby TheButcher on Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:27 am

Source:Gamespot
Microsoft announces its next-gen console's US launch date at the Tokyo Game Show; console will hit Europe December 2, Japan December 10 for 37,900 yen. Show lineup also revealed.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby wonkabar on Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:52 am

Too bad, no HD-DVD, that might hurt it. I don't know, maybe not. The BR/HD-format-war might play out for a while, and being first to market just might be the winning ticket. We'll see.
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby Flumm on Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:28 pm

I've just seen for the first time any X-BOX 360 footage on the TV, anything else I've seen on my PC.

IT WAS SHIT!

IF I hadn't know what the clips where for, I would have assumed they were x gamecube. And I own an xbox, and actually liked playing games on it for quite a while.

But the 360 is the beste looking console of the new 3, the new PS is not just bad, but extremely ugly to my eyes. It looks like a cheapo box of chocolets. The kind you see in petrol station.
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby wonkabar on Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:30 pm

Flumm wrote:But the 360 is the beste looking console of the new 3

But no deathfrizbees
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby bluebottle on Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:08 pm

Even better, watch a montage of PS3 clips HERE

(sorry, I'm a PS guy)
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Flumm on Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:14 pm

I spent ages looking for different footage from the new consoles a little while back, and I found it really hard work trying to find decent footage of anything.

Turns out thee is a site called whole bloody site called gametrailers.com !!! Beautifull!!!
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Flumm on Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:18 pm

And I was just about to say something about not being biased to the new consoles. But that's bullshit really, I remember having arguements with my friends over the N64 Vs PS1 , and I never bought a PS2, it never seemed like a big enough leap for me, I waited for the x-box.

Now it seems to me, that this whole thing is definaetly between the PS3 and the Nintendo Revoloution. And I mean not by sales I mean by quality, cause we all know that PS3 will shift more units. But the NR looks like a far more interesting console to me. Have you seen with they have done with the controllers?!?
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby wonkabar on Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:22 pm

Does anybody know for sure which one is supposed to be the best?
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby bluebottle on Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:25 pm

well, by "the best" do you mean, "which one will offer death frizbees"?

because you already know the answer to that one.
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby wonkabar on Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:28 pm

Well, how does a deathfrizbee match against a deathboomerang?
Last edited by wonkabar on Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby Flumm on Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:28 pm

When I was hunting around for clips, I ended up watching the 10 mins of some big promo thing from sony, in a large hall. I think it was from E3.

IT WAS SICKENING. It was like the most self aggrandizng shite I have ever seen. I watched 10 minutes and I wanted to puke. Some little chinese fella was going ON and ON, it just had no element of self respect to it at all. It was like some paradoy of how businesses try and sell things to people. And I think there was about an hour of it too. No thanks.

I did feel sorry for the little guy though. He really did have comically bad english. He could see his eyes follow the script word for word.
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Flumm on Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:30 pm

And I know that whole thing probably applies to all the big companys. I just don't want to be reminded of it.

I think at this stage I'm just rooting for Nintendo to come up with a really quality product, so they don't go off the radar with younger audiences.

I heard some thing about them putting all their past games for free, on their internet service?! And that their internet service is gonna be completely free. Is that true?
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby bluebottle on Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:31 pm

flumm, what was this for? x-box?

and wonka. That's an excellent question.

I would think death boomerangs... you get them back, and you can re-use them.

personally, i hate the revelotion controller... yeah, it's one hand... but it looks like the NES controller turned sideways. I guess that's so you can easily play the older games... Since that's what most people will be using them for... Who buys nintendo games anymore?

I held out on RE5, even when all my friends went out and bought a GC just for the one game.
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Flumm on Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:38 pm

Sorry i got ahead of myself, it was for the PS3. That's why it was so over the top. About how they have led the way in entertainment. BLAH BLAH BLAH.

It was so full of shit, regardless of what console it was from, and now days I'm pretty open. I've changed to the idea that it's the games that are important, not the platform. If I could, I would probably buy all 3 next gens, considering it seems like now were gonna get what we expected from the last lot.
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby bluebottle on Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:41 pm

i remember reading some editorial about how the three platform's should merge into one. So any company can make the system. Then game developers just have to create games for one system.

Not a bad idea, if you ask me, but the big three would never go for it.

They like money too much.
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Flumm on Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:46 pm

Yeah we should be so lucky huh. Although I think there is some economic principle that says that competition is better for the consumer? But it was probably a big company that taught me that. So what do I know
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby wonkabar on Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:48 pm

X-box is lacking a clear deathweapon. The deathboomerang is clearly superior to the deathfrizbee...therefore PS-3 wins
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby Flumm on Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:28 pm

If the death-frizbee is so full of death, how the fuck are we meant to catch it?!

Do we have to buy anti death mittens?

Do we get to choose the colour of these anti death mittens?

Do anti death mittens protect you from other forms of flying death?

And why am I starting to hyper ventilate?!

...*passes out*...
Last edited by Flumm on Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby wonkabar on Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:31 pm

Dude, havn't you seen MAD MAX-THE ROAD WARRIOR?
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby burlivesleftnut on Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:34 pm

The xbox has a DEATH-X. It's like that weapon in Krull. It also sends out messenger birds like the Mach fucking 5.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Flumm on Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:36 pm

.I'm pretty sure anyone in the Mad Max universe would have shat all over the P3 - even apocolyptic scavengers can see a tacky looking piece o crap when they see one
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby athenabodicea on Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:40 pm

Bluebottle wrote:Even better, watch a montage of PS3 clips HERE

(sorry, I'm a PS guy)

Holy shit that looks great.. They just keep gettin better and better.... I have all 3 game systems and it seems they keep coming out with better and better shit... Now I gotta go spend more money...I can't even imagine what gaming will be like 10 years from now..
Last edited by athenabodicea on Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS

Postby Flumm on Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:47 pm

I can't ene imagine what gaming will be like 10 years from now..

lol athena, I sort of almost wanna point you in the direction of the End of the World thread...

In terms of what it's gonna be like in gaming in in a decade, you should start a new thread, it seems like a worthy topic to me.
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby wonkabar on Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:48 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:The xbox has a DEATH-X. It's like that weapon in Krull. It also sends out messenger birds like the Mach fucking 5.

DEATHGLAVE-X
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby burlivesleftnut on Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:58 pm

Flumm wrote:
I can't ene imagine what gaming will be like 10 years from now..

lol athena, I sort of almost wanna point you in the direction of the End of the World thread...

In terms of what it's gonna be like in gaming in in a decade, you should start a new thread, it seems like a worthy topic to me.

There was a hysterical Onion.com piece about the ghost of christmas future blowing the minds of two present day adolescents by letting them play PS10 or something like that. They talk about some huge Marvel vs. DC game. Funny.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby wonkabar on Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:01 pm

Dude, the games will look like CGI in ten years. You won't need to watch Star-Wars when you can play it (probably with better dialogue too)
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby burlivesleftnut on Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:11 pm

wonkabar wrote:Dude, the games will look like CGI in ten years. You won't need to watch Star-Wars when you can play it (probably with better dialogue too)

Yeah, your own: AH I WAS GONG 2 TASHI STATION 2 PIK UP SOMA POWER CONVART3RS!!!!11!1
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby athenabodicea on Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:15 pm

See now that's what I'm talking about.. Think back to atari... How simple the games were.... PONG!!!! PITFALL....Dear God how horribly repetitious..... But back then it was amazing.... I'm thinking that eventually we'll be able to wear these helmets that will link to our brains and we will be able to control our gaming movements simply by thought.... LOL... (Right) Hey you never know.... They laughed when first suggested man would walk on the moon.. And they laughed at Christopher Columbus for saying the world was round not flat....
Last edited by athenabodicea on Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:17 pm

And people STILL laugh at me when I proclaim that one day I will reign over a zombie army that defies imagination.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby athenabodicea on Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:21 pm

I wouldn't laugh at that Leftnut... I mean seriously, somebody's gotta rule over those bastards.... Why not you???? LOL (oh wait, I said I wouldn't laugh at that)
ImageImageImage
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS

Postby wonkabar on Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:22 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:And people STILL laugh at me when I proclaim that one day I will reign over a zombie army that defies imagination.

That sounds like a great game. Fuck shooting zombies, leading an army of them to take over cities and eating the inhabitants brains sounds fun as hell.
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby athenabodicea on Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:26 pm

They just had that game Destroy all humans... Different because they were aliens not zombies... But the aliens did search for and suck out human brains.... And you weren't exactly leading an army... Ok scratch that...

That game would be fucking awesome.. Someone get Romero on the phone.. John????
ImageImageImage
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS

Postby Flumm on Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:40 pm

They just showed of Dawn of the Dead on Brittish TV over here.

I sat down to watch it with some left over micro wave lasagne, and pretty soon I realised that some of it was still cold from the fridge, but I ploughed on anyway, like the lasagne guzzling machine I am.

All this was fine untill the thought occurred to me that I was a zombie eating cold human brains.

At that point I put in a spare tape and marched to the kitched to re microwave the lasagne.
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby bluebottle on Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:42 am

wonkabar wrote:
burlivesleftnut wrote:And people STILL laugh at me when I proclaim that one day I will reign over a zombie army that defies imagination.

That sounds like a great game. Fuck shooting zombies, leading an army of them to take over cities and eating the inhabitants brains sounds fun as hell.

He's not talking about a game.

And LOL Burl, athena called you, "leftnut". Is it me, or is that weird? Hey, "leftnut"!

heh.
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:03 am

At my ex-forum, they just started calling me BILN, or by my real name, John... but here people would confuse me with John-Locke, the name stealing gentleman.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:30 am

heh, I thought the leftnut thing was weird too. Then I quite liked it.

But to me Burl, you'll always be.....

BURT
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:54 am

Dude, did it have to be PERM Burt? I want it to be this Burt:

burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:35 am

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Great pic mate - hey, of course you can be clean shaven, straight-haired Burt in skimpy swimming trunks if it pleases you.....

Man, how cool does he look in that pic - it makes me want to make a change to my "Men Who Could Make Me Switch" list
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby athenabodicea on Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:11 am

Is anyone else going to buy this system as soon as it is in the stores (11/22)??? I was in Walmart last week & they had the system up with King Kong demo disk.... It was absolutely phenomenal. The graphics were incredible. I definitely cannot wait til Christmas...hee hee
ImageImageImage
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:37 am

Alas, us Brits live in the Dark Ages still - we aren't getting it till around the 3rd of Dec, I think. I know several people who are going to the midnight queue on Oxford St - I saw it when Halo 2 came out, and looked quite entertaining in a way - kind of like the feel of the PZ, but in real life, standing in line for a game at midnight. I have to do all my xmas shopping first, though - then see if I have the funds to get x-boxed, up!

One thing Athena, have you seen footage of anything <i>except</i> PG3 yet, because word is that, although that game looks too beautiful for words, a lot of the other launch titles are essentially x-box level graphics. I think it always takes a while for new consoles to fully hit their stride.

I'll still be getting one very soon, though!

Oh, and why the return to the old avatar? Not that I dislike it, but it <i>does</i> turn me into a big dumb male, which I try to avoid nowadays

Sorry, that was two things, I know.....
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby athenabodicea on Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:53 am

I have not seen anything other than PG3 but It doesnt really matter ...When PS2 came out I went to FAO and waited in line for it... Also got X-box...And Gamecube as soon as they came out.. I am a big gamer and am very impatient when it comes to waiting for cool toys...lol.. So I'm gonna get myself a little early present this year...lol
Then I will just hope for the best for the games they are going to put out. Have you seen any? I think I saw a 360 game montage somewhere & it looked fanfuckingtastic...

As for my av & sig... I have no idea what I'm doing... I'm preparing for tonight & will probablly change it a few more times before 11 11 11 11...
Which do you think I should keep???
ImageImageImage
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS

Postby Pacino86845 on Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:55 am

I have to admit that your current av and sig are arousing me.
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby athenabodicea on Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:57 am

Lol..

So this is good then??
heh heh
ImageImageImage
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS

Postby Pacino86845 on Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:57 am

On the other hand, I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with other men seeing you like this. I leave the choice to you. :D
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby athenabodicea on Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:00 am

Pacino86845 wrote:On the other hand, I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with other men seeing you like this. I leave the choice to you. :D

Oh that's sweet :oops: :wink:

I can't decide though... Maybe I should have a poll..
JL did work hard on Go Go and I should show her off...
I don't know if the size is ok for the new format though....
ImageImageImage
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:27 am

athenabodicea wrote:When PS2 came out I went to FAO and waited in line for it... Also got X-box...And Gamecube as soon as they came out.. <b>I am a big gamer</b>

You, madam, are not kidding.
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby wonkabar on Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:59 am

So who's coughing up 400 bucks on tuesday?
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby vicious_bastard on Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:34 pm

I heard Microsoft have conspired with retailers to ensure that they all sell out on day one. Outrageous - amazing how things work these days. We usually get royally screwed with prices over here but £280 for the premium HD pack seems OK to me. I was exepecting closer to £400.
vicious_bastard
AIRWOLF

Postby athenabodicea on Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:49 pm

wonkabar wrote:So who's coughing up 400 bucks on tuesday?

I am....I am...

Whoo hoo...
ImageImageImage
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS

Postby Brocktune on Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:33 pm

im going to wait until i have to pay as little as possible for one. fuck microsoft. bill gates is the ted turner of the computer world. lets go nintendo!
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Next

Return to Games