Xbox 360 launching November 22

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

Postby athenabodicea on Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:20 pm

Did anyone see this commercial?

It's fucking awesome.... I want to be apart of a huge water balloon fight like this...

Whenever the American Pzers get together this should be on the adjenda.... Who's wit me?????
ImageImageImage
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS

Postby The Garbage Man on Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:30 pm

You haven't lived until you've been in a tortilla fight.
The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF

Postby athenabodicea on Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:51 pm

The Garbage Man wrote:You haven't lived until you've been in a tortilla fight.

Like waterballoons only tortillas
Last edited by athenabodicea on Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS

Postby The Garbage Man on Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:43 am

Right, except more skill is involved in throwing tortillas.

Also, there's more yelling of "FUCK, you just hit me in the eye with a tortilla!"
The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF

Postby athenabodicea on Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:45 am

Whoo hoo....
Sounds like fun...
ImageImageImage
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS

Postby wonkabar on Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:53 pm

So did anybody get one?
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby Brocktune on Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:01 pm

i just heard that the first revision to the system is already planned. in 6 months, they are changing a bunch of shit. like the gpu will be on the same chip as the cpu etc. this is why i never buy a new console upon its release. you are essentially paying top dollar to beta test the new system.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Flumm on Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:04 pm

Agreed brock.

Hey, is it true that with the Ninteno Revoloution online service, that no only will it be comlpetely free, but it's gone have all of Nintendo's previous game content FREE to download?
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Brocktune on Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:11 pm

i think so. to tell you the truth, i dont know too much about the revolution yet, but i can tell you that from what i read, i was afraid that nintendo was counting a little too heavily on that old stuff as a selling point. now, dont get me wrong, i am a retro gamer extraordinare, but the nature of the industry is to move forward. i mean, pong is still pong, even if you can download it instantaneously, and its free. and if there is an online community that is free, well thats just bitchin! microsoft is making dough hand over fist with xbox online. free service could be just what nintendo needs to take the wind out of xboxs sales. but, nintendo is going to need some big titles. if they dont have the games, it will tank. who cares if its free, if all i can play is mario backgammon. but nevertheless, im sticking with my beloved nintendo-chan till the bitter end.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Flumm on Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:20 pm

I know what you mean, if it's all going to be Zelda games from the Gameboy days then that's cool, but it's not revoloutionary.But just imagening all their stuff from their N64 being able to DL free, seems like quite a big step to me...

And have you seen their new controller? Wtf is going on there? If that isn't a major step up I don't what is. I'm just hoping that it ends up being a genius move, I can just fore see a lot of people not liking it in reality, when actually it seems like a really bold, significant move forwards. If it works that is.

You gotta love Nintendo though right? I remember seing some promo footage a little while back, and the list of things thay they pioneered was amazing. I'm hoping that these 3 new consoles will all take things significantly far enough forwards, that you won't be loosing out by buying one over another, because it will be horrible if we have a games industry without Nintendo in there in the mix.

That being said, my gut instict is telling me that the PS3 is going to blow the competition away, and become the biggest console to date And this is coming from a guy who never bought a PS2.
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby wonkabar on Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:21 pm

And of course, since it takes 2 years to make a game... The really good next-gen looking games, the games that fully exploit the tech of the new system don't hit till like a year and half later anyway. Some people are bitching that the Launch- games don't look next-gen...they never do... for any launch. Just compare early PS-2/XBOX games to the ones they have now. Some of the first XBOX games looked PS-1-ish, but you look at something like SC-Chaos-Theory now, and.. wow. If that had been a launch title back in '01 people would have shit their pants. So yeah, I might just hold off till the games get better.
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby wonkabar on Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:22 pm

And it will be a bitter-end indeed Brock
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby Brocktune on Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:41 pm

thats what im saying. a console always reaches its peak a year or two after it comes out. the titles will be better, the system will be cheaper, and consumers will be happier.

i am so on the fence with nintendos new controller. it will either be totally awesome, or else a complete piece of shit. no middle ground i fear. this could be the thing that makes or breaks the revolution. it could be a very bitter end indeed.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby wonkabar on Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:05 pm

At least it shoots DEATHFRIZBEES
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby athenabodicea on Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:45 pm

I had planned on making it to Best Buy in midtown Manhattan for their big release but I was not able to leave in time to get there in nearly enough time.... Most people there had camped out the night before & I wasn't planning on arriving until early a.m. on the 22nd... My plans got screwed up because I had to meet with a tax attorney 9:00 on the 22nd (he didn't show up...Turned out he was fired the day before)...Blah blah bah....The few stores that I popped into were sold out..... But if they are really coming out with a new revised system in 6 months anyway, I should probablly just wait.... :(

Thanks fro the heads up Brock... :wink:
ImageImageImage
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS

Postby ONeillSG1 on Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:24 pm

ThisIsTheGirl wrote:Image

Who are you and why is Major General George Hammond in your signature credited as "Major Briggs"?

;p
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:55 pm

Hahahahahahahahaha!

Before Stargate - that man had an even more incredible military career working on Project Bluebook
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ONeillSG1 on Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:19 am

IPAMPILASH!!!!
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Previous

Return to Games