Star Wars: Purge

Graphic novels. Weekly rags. The @$$holes.

Star Wars: Purge

Postby You Know My Name on Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:24 am

Has anyone read this comic yet? There isn't much Star Wars comic talk around here.
Last edited by You Know My Name on Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
You Know My Name
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Colin on Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:45 am

I haven't read it, what's it about? Is it good? Who wrote/did the art for it?
Last edited by Colin on Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colin
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Agent Alonzo on Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:08 am

Drew = drew

These word replacements are getting a little silly...
alonzo..... my apologies you ho-bag! - banthafodderUK

...that was the funniest post I've ever read at AICN. Comedy gold. I'm stealing it and shooting it in nothing other than a static two-shot. - Kevin Smith
Agent Alonzo
UMAGAA OMBONGO

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:05 am

i'm all about thee Star Wars, so tell us, what's it all about! you gotta post yer review my man! don't just open pandoras box and shut it!

i haven't been all that into the Star Wars comix meself (cept for that STAR WARS TALES done by a bunch of indie comicists which was HILARIOUS!), but ever since the gloriously brilliant ROTS came out i've been on a Star Wars rampage. i'm even reading the NJO novels which are pretty cool! (not the most literate books ever written, but fun pulp stuff that keeps the pop-myth going).

so is this Purge about hunting down the remaining Jedi? they didn't all die in Order 66...
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby thomasgaffney on Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:14 am

ZombieZoneSolutions wrote:so is this Purge about hunting down the remaining Jedi? they didn't all die in Order 66...

In the first issue, the Emperor hires the X-Men to go out and slaughter the remaining Jedi (which happens rather easily and in only 1 pane). After which, the X-Men get pissed at doing the Sith's work, so Phoenix eats the sun and kills Palpatine and Vader. It's really just a one-shot cause there'e nothing left after that.
find me: twitter and goodreads
find my book: amazon and apple and barnes & noble
thomasgaffney
a might unpredictable

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:16 am

One shot? One page.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby thomasgaffney on Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:17 am

They use a few pages after Phoenix eats the sun and all the Jedi are dead to show MasterWhedon crying. It's spectaculat artwork. You can taste his pain in his tears.
thomasgaffney
a might unpredictable

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:42 am

you forgot to mention that Phoenix eats the sun and "wins" -- killing herself and the entire galaxy in the process -- only after the Jedi had already killed all of the XMen (in under 5 minutes). actaully Yoda did it... while blindfolded... with one hand tied behind his back...

lying in pieces around the room, a very mutiliated Wolverine wonders if the healing factor can somehow tie his sliced spine back together before he gives up the ghost and dies...
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:59 am

it would be hard for yoda to do anything encased in 300 tons of ice.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:16 am

Iceguy would have to actually hit him first wouldn't he?

even if he did manage to catch he-who-cannot-be-caught, Yoda could either blast it with Force powers or melt it with his lightsabre. done and done!

of course, Phoenix does eat the sun, killing herself and the galaxy, and therefore "wins."
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:23 am

Yeah yoda wouldn't be able to "blast" through 300 tons of ice, and he wouldn't have the leverage to even turn ON his light saber.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby You Know My Name on Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:31 pm

I haven't picked up a copy yet.

After Order 66, few Jedi dare to venture outside the shadows—rumors of the dark and terrible Darth Vader haunting even their waking moments. Yet, some Jedi find this life of fear unbearable. Now, a small band of Jedi have agreed to meet and discuss what should be done to oppose the Empire and its Sith Lords. However, the Empire is always watching, and Vader himself is eager to confront any Jedi that might bring him closer to the whereabouts of his betrayer, Obi-Wan Kenobi. Prepare for Jedi versus Sith action unlike any seen since the Old Republic in this special one-shot follow-up to Revenge of the Sith!

http://www.darkhorse.com/profile/profile_popup.php?sku=13-404
You Know My Name
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Chairman Kaga on Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:34 pm

Out now? I may go pick that up tonight.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Brocktune on Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:36 pm

thomasgaffney wrote:They use a few pages after Phoenix eats the sun and all the Jedi are dead to show MasterWhedon crying. It's spectaculat artwork. You can taste his pain in his tears.

ipampilash!
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby CthulhuKid on Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:39 pm

Out now? I may go pick that up tonight.

No Shit!
CthulhuKid
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby You Know My Name on Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:18 am

I got my copy today of Purge along with Republic #80. Both were great comics. I've always wanted to read about the Jedi Purge ever since I first heard about it. In Purge a small group of surviving Jedi are confronted by Darth Vader and a short but awesome fight ensues. The illustrations are also pretty good.
You Know My Name
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:16 am

The whole thing is a the goddamn moot point, no? It's a like, the whole point of a the purge was a to wipe out alla the Jedi, anna they did that except a for a the last two, Yoda anna Obi-Wan, no? Thus a fulfilling the prophecy anna bringing a the balance to a the Force... Two Sith Lords anna two Jedis...

There is a no "small surviving band of a the Jedis," eh? Holy crappa what's a the point of a the purge iffa it's a not a the purge?

Goddamn putzes...
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:17 am

Anna prophecy misread may have a been indeed, no?

None of a those Jedi putzes expected a the purge to mean a the end of a their Order... they were alla like "ooh it's a gonna to be a the good thing anna we gonna to be happy..."

Goddamn putzes... no wonder the X-Men kicked a their asses, eh?
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby thomasgaffney on Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:28 am

DinoDeLaurentiis wrote:Goddamn putzes... no wonder the X-Men kicked a their asses, eh?

IPAMPILASH!!
thomasgaffney
a might unpredictable

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:20 pm

At the end of ROTS there are still Jedi left aside from Obi Wan and Yoda, thats why they recalibrated the galactic whojiwhatsit to make sure any stragglers go into hiding...

at the beginning of ANH, all the Jedi are dead accept for Obi Wan and Yoda. Luke will become a Jedi; its implied he has been getting ghost training from Obi Wan, but he still needs to take Yoda's intensive 2 week crash course first (how long were they on Dagobah anyway?) before he can get metaphorically castrated by his Vader (the dutch word for father).

anyways, between ROTS and ANH is a span of 20 years, right? 20 years during which Vader is simultaneously being the Emperors enforcer and hunting down the wandering Jedi... in other words, theres all kinds of opportunities to extend the Jedi Purge / Jedi Hunt idea...

that being said, the Purge comic sucked. good artwork, poor writing, as per usual with Star Wars comics. then again, i can't remember the last time i read a fantasy / sci fi / genre comic that didn't suck.

am i the only person on earth who realizes all you have to do is take the idea of the Fall of the Tokugawa Shoganate -- in which the new Imperial govt. of Japan disbanded the samuraii class and murdered them -- and substitute Star Wars characters? its so obvious and such a gimme that it continues to flabbergast me why this hasn't been exploited to the fullest...

oh, wait a minute, isn't there going to be a ongoing live action tv series coming on soon? oh boy! i hope the creators have been watching lots of Kurosawa and various 60s/70s era Japanese samuraii tv shows!
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby You Know My Name on Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:02 pm

oh, wait a minute, isn't there going to be a ongoing live action tv series coming on soon? oh boy! i hope the creators have been watching lots of Kurosawa and various 60s/70s era Japanese samuraii tv shows!

I heard George Lucas said there isn't going to be a focus on the Jedi in the TV series.
You Know My Name
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby thomasgaffney on Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:04 pm

You Know My Name wrote:I heard George Lucas said there isn't going to be a focus on the Jedi in the TV series.

What else is there?
thomasgaffney
a might unpredictable

Postby ONeillSG1 on Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:38 pm

DinoDeLaurentiis wrote:Goddamn putzes... no wonder the X-Men kicked a their asses, eh?

In honor of the 40th anniversary of the Batman TV Series, I say this:

"Poor, diluted soul."
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Return to Comic Books