Drawn Together

Anime, cartoons and 3D. Animated shorts and features. And don't forget the animation genius in Bulgaria.

Drawn Together

Postby Hollywood_Bob on Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:13 am

OK...I haven't seen a thread on this...but am I just a bit crazy or is the show Drawn Together pretty Fing funny? I am watching it right now, and with the supes rip off in a wheel chair and one of the chicks suffering from cancer because of the x-ray vision....i'm laughing my ass off here...any one else with thoughts on this show?
"The only way to rid yourself of tempation...is to yeild to it." Oscar Wilde

Hollywood_Bob
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby buster00 on Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:35 am

I think the show's OK...not good, not bad, just OK.

This is an old, old complaint, but I'll give it one more "old": "Drawn Together" would be twenty times cooler if they were allowed to use the real characters, i.e. Betty Boop, Spongebob, Superman, etc. But they can't, so it's useless to pine.

While we're at it, who specifically is the pig supposed to be? I know he's supposed to represent an "internet flash animation" character, but which particular one? Strong Bad? Can't be. So, who?
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DennisMM on Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:40 am

I've seen it a couple of times and came away from it with the feeling that they had fewer than half a dozen jokes in every episode, and at least three of those jokes were the same across the episodes.

1. The video game guy (Prince of Persia?) is Dumbledore.
2. The superhero is a polysexual pervert.
3. The musician/mystery solver is primarily interested in sex, lots of it kinky.
4. The Disney princess is a bigot and puts up a virginal facade but really wants to have a lot of sex.
5. The undefinable weird creature is just plain weird (and is Stimpy from Ren and Stimpy).
6. The Betty Boop character is big, ugly, sweaty, studly, loves to eat and is generally disgusting despite having curves typical of the '30s.

Did I say six ideas? Combine the sex jokes are you're down to three. It was bearable for one episode.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby MiltonWaddams on Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:40 am

beyond awful. i can handle juvenile humor, but the show isn't even juvenile in a smart way, it's just fucking stupid. this is comedy central grasping onto south park's "controversial funny" bit, but totally missing the point.

they should play it back to back with mad tv for a full hour devoid of laughter.
MiltonWaddams
REAL DRAGON

Drawn Together

Postby bastard_robo on Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:20 am

I LOVE THIS SHOW.. I dont get to watch it as much as i would like to as i would like to. But anything that gets has hateful as they do is a ok with me.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby tapehead on Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:09 am

lame - I much prefer the likes of Robot Chicken for Pop-culture referencing humour - and this claymation-15 minute episode show has even had a funnier big-brother with Fictional characters sketch in it - a house populated by eighties and nineties slasher film icons (Freddy, Jason et all) Robot chicken has bits that literally last 3 seconds - it's not all piss funny but they keep throwing it at you
so in summation 'Drawn Together', no
'Robot Chicken', YES

go watch Robot Chicken
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby so sorry on Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:47 am

I think this show is pretty funny, but i don't go out of my way to watch it.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Return to Animation