WHICH BAND SUCKS THE WORST?

Sigur Ros is the greatest living band. Discuss.

which band sucks the worst

Green Day
10%
Fall Out Boy
13%
Smashing Pumpkins
2%
Panic!At The Disco
5%
Nickelback
42%
Avenged Sevenfold
5%
System Of A Down
7%
Other (Please Specify)
17%

Total votes : 84

Postby Shane on Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:54 pm

|I've been inspired I'm listening to John Lee Hooker now.
Shane
AIRWOLF

Postby Bob Samonkey on Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:58 pm

That guy in the Blues Brothers playing the guitar in the street? That is John Lee Hooker
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Peven on Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:12 pm

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:That guy in the Blues Brothers playing the guitar in the street? That is John Lee Hooker

thats right before the scene in Ray Charles's music shop, right?
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Bob Samonkey on Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:14 pm

Yep
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby King Psyz on Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:22 pm

Shane wrote:on this line bands that seem to get too much respect that I think are horrid.

Led Zepplin
Descendants
Beastie Boys

you are obviously insane
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby Ribbons on Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:22 pm

Easy now...
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby MiltonWaddams on Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:31 pm

i'll back up the beastie boys being not that great. they're not god awful, but considering how cheap-ass their beats and rhymes are, i just don't get it..
MiltonWaddams
REAL DRAGON

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:36 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:
MiltonWaddams wrote:...I recently started listening to Muse and god damn that band plays some sexy music.

No shit! But what the fuck is up with their low output! I want more. People give High Tension a hard time because of the BIG TWIST, but I will forever love it for introducing me to Muse.

I loved the soundtrack to High Tension (I loved the movie too; i liked the twist; and you can see it coming from miles away; never understood how people didn't get it). Anyways, the soundtack; the noisy ambient stuff? Is that Muse?
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:37 pm

Peven wrote:
Ribbons wrote:
Peven wrote:
Ribbons wrote:But they sing "La Grange" and.... other stuff....

and they ripped off "La Grange" from John Lee Hooker

Nah-uh! Who's John Lee Hooker?

you ARE kidding, right? :roll:

Zepplin ripped off "Whole Lotta Love" from Muddy Waters, I believe.
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:52 pm

ZombieZoneSolutions wrote:
burlivesleftnut wrote:
MiltonWaddams wrote:...I recently started listening to Muse and god damn that band plays some sexy music.

No shit! But what the fuck is up with their low output! I want more. People give High Tension a hard time because of the BIG TWIST, but I will forever love it for introducing me to Muse.

I loved the soundtrack to High Tension (I loved the movie too; i liked the twist; and you can see it coming from miles away; never understood how people didn't get it). Anyways, the soundtack; the noisy ambient stuff? Is that Muse?

No dude, Muse was playing when they first leave the house in the back of the van. I think.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Peven on Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:57 pm

yeah, apparantly they infringed upon a song done by Waters in the early 60's, and the guy who originally wrote the song won a lawsuit in the mid 80's. not a good thing, but it doesn't negate the quality and importance of Zeppelin's body of work as a whole.

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Shane on Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:01 pm

MiltonWaddams wrote:
Shane wrote:wow I'm in an argumentative mood today.

It's probably because you're wrong all the time.

And... go.

Insert Milton's favorite Band here sucks!
Shane
AIRWOLF

Postby The Garbage Man on Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:10 pm

Every band ever formed sucks.

Yes, even your favorites.

Especially that one.

Don't try to deny it, they suck and they make horrible, infantile, derivative music.

There, are we done now?
The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF

Postby Vegeta on Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:13 pm

The Garbage Man wrote:Every band ever formed sucks.

Yes, even your favorites.

Especially that one.

Don't try to deny it, they suck and they make horrible, infantile, derivative music.

There, are we done now?

The Onion used to have a Tshirt that said "Your favorite band sucks"
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby The Garbage Man on Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:33 pm

Heh, yeah I remember that. Didn't they post some stories from people who were harassed for wearing the shirt?

I seem to remember one where a guy was wearing the "Your favorite band sucks" shirt in a record store and a woman tried to pick a fight with him. I believe she said something like, "My favorite band is so-and-so, and the lead singer is standing right over there. How 'bout if he kicks your ass?"
The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF

Postby doglips on Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:37 pm

vicious_bastard wrote:I hate The Rasmus with a burning passion. I would dearly love to beat the singer to death with his own bulbous forehead.

LOL! Don't worry VB he caught bird flu.
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby Malachi Constant on Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:49 pm

Dave Matthews band, Phish, Rusted Root, Barenaked Ladies, AFI, Good Charlotte, Gym Class Heros, The Jelly Fund(local hippie jam band crap), Hoobastank, Velvet Revolver, Journey, Rush...the list goes on and on and on
Malachi Constant
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby King Psyz on Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:51 pm

MiltonWaddams wrote:i'll back up the beastie boys being not that great. they're not god awful, but considering how cheap-ass their beats and rhymes are, i just don't get it..

People don't realise they're not just the corny hip hop trio, they've done punk, jazz, country, hip hop, moog, and some shit they just make up as they go.

They're talented musicians and have not only remained viable, but have grown over the 20 plus years they've been making music (although the last album was not my favorite to be sure).
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby Malachi Constant on Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:53 pm

Amen to that, the beasties are some of the more talented cats out there. Paul's Boutique is a landmark album.
Malachi Constant
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Malachi Constant on Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:55 pm

As far as I'm concerned one of hte most talented and original bands aroun today is the mars volta, who sprang from one of my favorite hard rock/punk bands of all time At-The Drive In
Malachi Constant
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby TonyWilson on Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:57 pm

The Darkness
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby Kilgore on Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:58 pm

Malachi Constant wrote:Dave Matthews band, Phish, Rusted Root, Barenaked Ladies, AFI, Good Charlotte, Gym Class Heros, The Jelly Fund(local hippie jam band crap), Hoobastank, Velvet Revolver, Journey, Rush...the list goes on and on and on

Thanks Malachi! I had totally put 'Rusted Root' out of my head successfully for going on four years now...but thanks to your mention, that f%$#ng 'Send Me On My Way' song is going to be running through my head for the next day or so!

You're really a pal, remind me to send you a nice Mariah Carey CD next year around the holidays.
Kilgore
AIRWOLF

Postby Malachi Constant on Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:58 pm

Shit I should have listed them. They are a one trick pony who were amusing for one track. It was funny that they were apeing music that was shitty to begin with, but where did they expect to go from there?
Malachi Constant
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Malachi Constant on Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:00 pm

HAHAH I honestly hadnt thought about them since about three years ago when they played a school round these parts and there was that whole putting pepsi cans in your dreadlocks trend. When I saw this thread they immediately sprang to mind.
Malachi Constant
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Brocktune on Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:01 pm

Malachi Constant wrote:Amen to that, the beasties are some of the more talented cats out there. Paul's Boutique is a landmark album.

you can thank the dust brothers for that, not the beastie boys.

they have some of the weakest rhymes of all times. the only record of theirs worth a shit is check your head.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TonyWilson on Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:02 pm

Malachi Constant wrote:Shit I should have listed them. They are a one trick pony who were amusing for one track. It was funny that they were apeing music that was shitty to begin with, but where did they expect to go from there?

Thats the thing though, people were starting to revise their opinions of poodle hair metal, of course there's no way on earth you can actually like poodle hair metal, so once everyone realised that, The Darkness were fucked, I do love a good backlash.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby Malachi Constant on Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:04 pm

I don't mind the beastie's lyrics all that much, but the album did have the golden dust bros touch. I think the beasties are at their best when they stay away from the corny schtick.
Malachi Constant
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:31 pm

Malachi Constant wrote:Dave Matthews band, Phish, Rusted Root, Barenaked Ladies, AFI, Good Charlotte, Gym Class Heros, The Jelly Fund(local hippie jam band crap), Hoobastank, Velvet Revolver, Journey, Rush...the list goes on and on and on

Ah, Hoobastank. Not only one of the worst bands on the planet, but also one of the stupidest band names on the planet. Though I still think the all-time stupidest band name has to go to Puddle of Mudd. That sure is clever, spelling Mudd with two D's.. I mean, no one ever thought of that before... except for Color Me Badd... and whoever named Major Bludd on G.I.Joe.

Oh, and PoM is definitely one of the worst bands on the planet too.

Speaking (off-topically) about stupid band names, I still think Stone Temple Pilots and Queens of the Stone Age are really dumb band names. And no, I don't have anything against the word Stone, because I think the Rolling Stones and the Stone Roses are good band names.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Kilgore on Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:03 pm

TheBaxter wrote:

Ah, Hoobastank. Not only one of the worst bands on the planet, but also one of the stupidest band names on the planet. Though I still think the all-time stupidest band name has to go to Puddle of Mudd. That sure is clever, spelling Mudd with two D's.. I mean, no one ever thought of that before... except for Color Me Badd... and whoever named Major Bludd on G.I.Joe.

Oh, and PoM is definitely one of the worst bands on the planet too.

I recall listening to the first Puddle of Mudd album with a friend and saying, 'Man, these guys are really trying to sound like Nirvana' and my friend's reply was (accurately) 'yeah, but without any talent or good songs'.

God bless him, he was never more right on.
Kilgore
AIRWOLF

Postby King Psyz on Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:19 pm

Brocktune wrote:
Malachi Constant wrote:Amen to that, the beasties are some of the more talented cats out there. Paul's Boutique is a landmark album.

you can thank the dust brothers for that, not the beastie boys.

they have some of the weakest rhymes of all times. the only record of theirs worth a shit is check your head.

amen, probablly my favorite beasties record, that and ill comunication.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby wonkabar on Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:36 pm

A nano-second was time between me SEEING the word "Nikelback" then clicking next to it.
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby Eric G on Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:47 pm

I vote Coldplay.

Never in my life has than urge to have a skewer stuck through my head from ear to ear been greater than when I hear that high pitched, whinny, excuse for a singer Chris Martin belt out some "notes".

I vote Coldplay.
Eric G
AIRWOLF

Postby cinephile2000 on Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:56 pm

I vote Good Sharlot. The most idiotic teen angst dribble I have ever heard.
Just remember, your special like everyone else.
cinephile2000
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:18 am

Eric G wrote:I vote Coldplay.

Never in my life has than urge to have a skewer stuck through my head from ear to ear been greater than when I hear that high pitched, whinny, excuse for a singer Chris Martin belt out some "notes".

I vote Coldplay.

Coldplay really cracks me up. They really love the 4/4 meter in their songs. They are so excited about it that in every song the emphasis every quarter note like it's the greatest invention ever. BUM BUM BUM BUM BUM BUM BUM BUM. I kind of wish they would get sucked into a cyclon. I think it's sad that people slam U2 instead of bands like Coldplay. I mean, at least U2 had some awesome output before they got all soft.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby SilentDeath on Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:23 am

coldplay sucks crap i only heard one song and i hated them from that day on
SilentDeath
GLIB

Postby SilentDeath on Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:26 am

where are the good bands? there are too many wannabe rocker bands!!!
SilentDeath
GLIB

Postby captainbrose on Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:29 am

[quote="Malachi Constant"]Dave Matthews band, Phish, Rusted Root, Barenaked Ladies, AFI, Good Charlotte, Gym Class Heros, The Jelly Fund(local hippie jam band crap), Hoobastank, Velvet Revolver, Journey, Rush...the list goes on and on and on[/quote]

um, no....dont ever group DMB and Phish with Good Charlotte or AFI ever again.
captainbrose
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby MadCapsule on Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:59 am

Malachi Constant wrote:As far as I'm concerned one of hte most talented and original bands aroun today is the mars volta, who sprang from one of my favorite hard rock/punk bands of all time At-The Drive In

Yes! I couldn't agree more! I wish I could have seen At the Drive In live. The Mars Volta puts on a hell of a good live show, though.

Sparta, the band that the rest of the members of At the Drive In formed isn't half bad either, but I prefer The Mars Volta.
MadCapsule
SUSAN CAGLE

Postby Ribbons on Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:06 pm

captainbrose wrote:um, no....dont ever group DMB and Phish with Good Charlotte or AFI ever again.

Hey man, some people just aren't big fans of jam bands. Different strokes, different folks.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:07 pm

Ribbons wrote:
captainbrose wrote:um, no....dont ever group DMB and Phish with Good Charlotte or AFI ever again.

Hey man, some people just aren't big fans of jam bands. Different strokes, different folks.

I concur. Phish blows.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Ribbons on Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:09 pm

I forget where I read it, but this one review of Trey Anastasio's new CD called Phish songs "launching pads for 10-minute guitar solos," which I thought was pretty humorous. A bit of an exaggeration, sure, but funny nonetheless.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby captainbrose on Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:31 pm

[quote="Ribbons"][quote="captainbrose"]um, no....dont ever group DMB and Phish with Good Charlotte or AFI ever again.[/quote]

Hey man, some people just aren't big fans of jam bands. Different strokes, different folks.[/quote]

I understand some peole arent fans...but dont say they suck...There are very talented musicians in both Phish and DMB. I have no problem if you dont like them
captainbrose
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby captainbrose on Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:31 pm

no talent and sucking and talented and not a fan are much different
Last edited by captainbrose on Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
captainbrose
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Malachi Constant on Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:32 pm

I will also include DMB and Phish in the league of Hitler, John Tesh, and John Wayne Gacy. DMB and Phish just suck the life out of me. Granted the components that make up those two bands are much better than those that comprise AFI and good Charlotte. I don't deny that they are good musicians, but the direction in which they steer such talent is horrendous in my opinion. Phish's self indulgent soloing which builds to no sort of satifying end kills me. I was dragged to one of their shows and it honestly felt like I had been there for days when it ended. The stink of pachouli never quite washed off. Dave Matthews I just can not stand for, he should be shot for that horrendous cover of All along the watchtower. I'm just not a fan of get along feel good jam music. It represents for me this phony escapist college dorm sort of vibe. "Man life may get you down but partying here with your "brothers" for a few days will make it all seem a little bit better man. So break out the hackey sack, drink a little sam summer ale, and light a studly doobie.
Malachi Constant
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Malachi Constant on Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:35 pm

For the record I did not include the word studly in that post.
Malachi Constant
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby captainbrose on Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:35 pm

Malachi Constant wrote:I will also include DMB and Phish in the league of Hitler, John Tesh, and John Wayne Gacy. DMB and Phish just suck the life out of me. Granted the components that make up those two bands are much better than those that comprise AFI and good Charlotte. I don't deny that they are good musicians, but the direction in which they steer such talent is horrendous in my opinion. Phish's self indulgent soloing which builds to no sort of satifying end kills me. I was dragged to one of their shows and it honestly felt like I had been there for days when it ended. The stink of pachouli never quite washed off. Dave Matthews I just can not stand for, he should be shot for that horrendous cover of All along the watchtower. I'm just not a fan of get along feel good jam music. It represents for me this phony escapist college dorm sort of vibe. "Man life may get you down but partying here with your "brothers" for a few days will make it all seem a little bit better man. So break out the hackey sack, drink a little sam summer ale, and light a studly doobie.

That is acceptable, it is a matter of opinion to say they dont do it for you...thats all I was gettin at.
captainbrose
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Ribbons on Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:35 pm

captainbrose wrote:
Ribbons wrote:

They dont have to like them...but saying they suck is incorrect. DMB and Phish both have very talented musicians and also write complex songs...I have no problem if you simply do not like them

Faire enoughe. Yeah, I have respect for DMB and Phish as far as musicianship goes, but then, a lot of bands on this list have talented musicians in their midst. I mean, I'm not sure we're talking about how well they can play the guitar here.
Last edited by Ribbons on Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Malachi Constant on Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:35 pm

Sweet I have reached primitive screwhead status. Tomorrow, THE WORLD!
Malachi Constant
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Malachi Constant on Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:37 pm

My commenting on their musicianship was just a response to him saying not to lump them in with AFI and Good Charlotte who I dont find talented in any sense of the word. Whereas I do ahve respect for the talents of someone like Dave MAtthews. I was just alerting folks to the fact it wasnt a blind hatred. When you start stepping on hippie toes you never know when you'll find some sort of birkenstock clad death dealer at your door if you don't tread very carefully.
Malachi Constant
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby captainbrose on Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:50 pm

Malachi Constant wrote:My commenting on their musicianship was just a response to him saying not to lump them in with AFI and Good Charlotte who I dont find talented in any sense of the word. Whereas I do ahve respect for the talents of someone like Dave MAtthews. I was just alerting folks to the fact it wasnt a blind hatred. When you start stepping on hippie toes you never know when you'll find some sort of birkenstock clad death dealer at your door if you don't tread very carefully.

haha, fair enough...but im not a hippie in anyway...just someone who enjoys the music.

can anyone tell me why when I quote someone it doesnt seem to quote correctly??
captainbrose
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

PreviousNext

Return to Music