What's a your favorite DVD extra, eh?

Betamax and beyond

What's a your favorite DVD extra, eh?

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:15 pm

Which a DVD anna which extra? Offa the top of a my head:
  • Dominic Monaghan "interviewing" Elijah Wood onna the ROTK:EE... as a the fake a german guy, heheh... "Do a you wear wigs?" "When a will a you wear wigs, eh?"
  • The alternate ending to a the "Dodgeball" where a the movie ends a right when a the Ben Stiller's team wins a the game anna the director says "this is a the direction I really wanted to go in, eh?" Hehehehe...
  • The inna-character commentary track by a the members of a the Spinal Tap onna the Spinal Tap: Special Edition DVD
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby MasterWhedon on Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:20 pm

I loved "The Beginning" documentary from the Episode I DVD. Classy stuff.

The commentaries for Mallrats, Chasing Amy and Dogma are all very funny.

And I love the season overviews on the Buffy discs. All TV shows should have some aspect of this, the creators sitting around discussing what their intentions were and where the characters went.

EDIT: Oh, and I love when they include interviews from Charlie Rose. Love that guy.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby havocSchultz on Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:21 pm

i always liked eli roth's "Chick Vison" and "Family Friendly" versions of cabin fever... one has "chick's hands" up during all the gory parts - the other is about only 2 minutes of the movie - then thje credits... they were fun and inventive...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Seppuku on Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:24 pm

Without a doubt Hunter S Thompson's gonzo commentary on the Fear and Loathing Criterion Edition. Now I knew he was slightly out there...but I wasn't aware that he had a tendency to randomly make an, "Eeeeeeeeeeee!!!!" sound. That would never get old... You're just sitting around on a Sunday evening, maybe watching the news, or feeding the dog, and you suddenly get an "Eeeeeeeeeee!!!" shriek right in your ear, the dog bites you, you throw your food in the air off your lap. How could you live with it?

Apart from Hunter, I'd say the Akira Trailer-Maker, that is if it had more options. That could've been an amazing extra feature, but the bastards botched it a little.

So...my money goes to... The Hamster Factor, which is the doc on Gilliam you get with 12 Monkeys.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby WinslowLeach on Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:28 pm

Hunter used to scare the hell out of me when he'd be in an interview and and just do that EEEE! thing. It mustve been some kind of LSD flashback brain fart or something.
WinslowLeach
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby colonel_lugz on Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:30 pm

Matt Stone and Trey Parkers drunken commentary on Cannibal The Musical. So god damn funny, they actually have to stop and go out to get more whiskey
You Called Down The Thunder, Well Now You Got It!
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby psychedelic on Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:14 pm

On the Criterion Collection edition of My Man Godfrey (1936) there are rare outtakes where the actors swear when they blow their lines. This is 1936 and people actually said "Shit"! It's really weird and cool to see. If only there was an outtake somewhere of James Stewart saying "Fuck, I blew it." from It's A Wonderful Life.
psychedelic
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby cinephile2000 on Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:28 pm

all the El Mariachie trilogy commentaries. Robert Rodriguez goes in depth on everything you need to get a low budget film made.
On the American Werewolf in London disk there is a extra of a interview with the director in the middle of it the set falls down behind him to reveal two couples going at it like bunnies. My first viewing of penetration.
Since its all just an extra the video journals for King Kong are awesome.
Most Joss Whedon commentaries are good.
The Daredevil Directors cut I just love that cut and view it as an extra
Just remember, your special like everyone else.
cinephile2000
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby Flumm on Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:45 pm

LOTR: FOTR: There is an extra that shows you all the shots of of the "who will take the ring to Mordor" scene as they where in real time, compared to the final version. And it just gives an incredible insight into what an artificial place a movie set is and the kind of madness the finished frames of a movie come from. I wasn't a particular fan of Elijah Wood untill I saw him in this, his good natured and graciousness just before the take, and his performance as he suddenl;y switches as they roll. And no matter what people say, I always have respect for Peter Jackson and all the people involved creating what they managed to craft from such seeming chaos, from this particular extra, but all of the material on the LOTR DVD's in general.

American Splendor: I love the design and look of the menu's and especially love the clips of Harvey Pekar in Canne, or interacting with his collegues and loved ones, a real insight into the personality behind the movie.

Eternal Sunshine, the joint interview with Carrey and Micheal Gondry. Again in an insight into the people who made the film, that otherwise I wouldn't have been to see, and there's also some really compelling fascinating stories and recolections from the making of the film, that for me flesh it out and make it a richer experience, and are something that you can often look for but don't always get from extras.
Last edited by Flumm on Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Brocktune on Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:46 pm

one of the criterion laserdisc editions of "robocop" hada bonus feature called robocop in two minutes. and it was like 20 little screens on your screen, each running a 2 minute section of the movie synchronously, so the whole movie was shown in 2 minutes. the aqua teen hunger force vol 4 has a similar thing when you hit play all, it does the same thing, and has all the episodes on the dvd running at the same time on your screen. its kind of neat.

i also like the shakespearean subtitles on the monty python holy grail disc.

oh, and the commentary track on the criterion dvd (and possibly laserdisc) of throne of blood is fantastic.

dino- that monaghan interviews wood clip on the rotk disc is priceless!
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby St. Alphonzo on Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:51 pm

I like the video production diary on "Magnolia". Watching PT Anderson and Fiona Apple do a post-mortem on the film's success gives the viewer a revealing look into PTA's head.

Jesus, I've been reading too many one-line reviews on movie posters.

Off topic, but why the hell would anyone use a quote from Larry King to promote their film?
Last edited by St. Alphonzo on Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
St. Alphonzo
Patron Saint

Postby Seppuku on Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:54 pm

Brock that "Commentary for people who don't like this film" reminds me of another extra on that DVD: Lego Python. Someone designed a shot-for-shot Lego replica of the Knights of the Round Table scene...and it was definitely time well-spent. Amazing.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby Eric G on Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:57 pm

Robert Rodriguez's DVD's usually have some cool extra's. Especially for the budding film maker. The extended version of Sin City shows the film in 10 minutes all in green screen. You also learn that most of the cast never met each other - a very cheap and efficient way to film a movie - considering you have the right actors..
Eric G
AIRWOLF

Postby Brocktune on Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:57 pm

seppukudkurosawa wrote:Brock that "Commentary for people who don't like this film" reminds me of another extra on that DVD: Lego Python. Someone designed a shot-for-shot Lego replica of the Knights of the Round Table scene...and it was definitely time well-spent. Amazing.

theres a lot of good stuff on that disc. that bbc doc they shot during filming is fantastic. and then the one of jones and palin revisiting doune castle today. and then the new material shot by palin. great stuff!
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Seppuku on Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:00 pm

Brocktune wrote:theres a lot of good stuff on that disc. that bbc doc they shot during filming is fantastic. and then the one of jones and palin revisiting doune castle today. and then the new material shot by palin. great stuff!

Which made the bare-bones (but still better than average) Life of Brian disc all the more disappointing. I guess I'm glad it was the Holy Grail that got the royal treatment though, because that to me is the best thing Python ever did. The commentaries were great too...especially the tension between Gilliam and Jones.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby Cabiria on Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:17 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:The commentaries for Mallrats, Chasing Amy and Dogma are all very funny.

One of the few reasons I still like Ben Affleck after all the crap is because he's flippin' hysterical on the Chasing Amy commentary.

The Brazil boxset from Criterion is pretty much the greatest collection of dvd extras ever.
Cabiria
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby Brocktune on Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:25 pm

seppukudkurosawa wrote:
Brocktune wrote:

theres a lot of good stuff on that disc. that bbc doc they shot during filming is fantastic. and then the one of jones and palin revisiting doune castle today. and then the new material shot by palin. great stuff!

Which made the bare-bones (but still better than average) Life of Brian disc all the more disappointing. I guess I'm glad it was the Holy Grail that got the royal treatment though, because that to me is the best thing Python ever did. The commentaries were great too...especially the tension between Gilliam and Jones.

you should pick up the criterion dvd of life of brian. its got some great extras, including all of the deleted scenes. yes, including otto. the transfer is good too. well worth the extra dough. actually, that dvd was the reason i bought a dvd player in the first place. those life of brian deleted scenes were like the holy grail to me.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:56 am

Brocktune wrote:i also like the shakespearean subtitles on the monty python holy grail disc.

Yes, yes... that one, how could a the Dino forget, eh? Truly a labor of a the love, for a the Pythons, ANNA the Shakespeare, no? The fact that a they alla make a the sense... it's a truly amazing, no?

I also like a the commentary onna the "Meaning of a the Life," eh? The one for a the putzes who are a watching the film alla alone...
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby Fried Gold on Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:13 pm

The Ceefax pages on Look Around series 1.
Simpsons/Futurama commentaries.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Al Shut on Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:59 am

On Irreversible there were TV spots from the french dvd release. One of them tried to sell it as a love story and put it in a line with Casablanca, Doctor Zhivago, love Stry and Titanic.

The thought of someone expecting a movie like Titanic and getting Irreversible made me laugh very hard.
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby Cabiria on Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:25 am

Al_Shut wrote:On Irreversible there were TV spots from the french dvd release. One of them tried to sell it as a love story and put it in a line with Casablanca, Doctor Zhivago, love Stry and Titanic.

Seriously? That was their marketing scheme? Ewww. That's just wrong on so many levels.
Cabiria
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby Al Shut on Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:37 am

To be fair there were differnt spots. Others said it was revenge movie like Mad Max or Gladiator, or a scandal movie like Clockwork Orange, Cannibal Holocaust or The Grande Bouffe
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby dislexsickNik on Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:30 pm

The Comenterary to Ali G In Da House is pretty funny it's actually better than the movie.

All the Kevin Smith movies have some great extras aswell
dislexsickNik
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Bob Samonkey on Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:44 pm

seppukudkurosawa wrote:Without a doubt Hunter S Thompson's gonzo commentary on the Fear and Loathing Criterion Edition. Now I knew he was slightly out there...but I wasn't aware that he had a tendency to randomly make an, "Eeeeeeeeeeee!!!!" sound. That would never get old... You're just sitting around on a Sunday evening, maybe watching the news, or feeding the dog, and you suddenly get an "Eeeeeeeeeee!!!" shriek right in your ear, the dog bites you, you throw your food in the air off your lap. How could you live with it?

colonel_lugz wrote:Matt Stone and Trey Parkers drunken commentary on Cannibal The Musical. So god damn funny, they actually have to stop and go out to get more whiskey

I own both of these and they are by far my favorite extras. I have probably watched the Fear and Loathing on 4 or 5 times cause I laugh so hard.

Edit: oh and the Goonies commentary track where they have the cast and dir. there and they filmed them and show them reacting to the movie as they watch it is cool. It is also neat to see them all growed up.
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Lady Sheridan on Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:57 pm

I'm with Dino, I love Dominic Monaghan's fake interview with Elijah Wood on the ROTK extras. "Do you like to play with balls?" "WHAT??"

I'd have to say that my favorite extras are all on LOTR. I love the "Cameras in Middle Earth" documentaries that show the relationships between the cast members. The one on ROTK where they all say goodbye reduced me to tears. I felt like I was saying goodbye to them too.

R2D2: Behind the Dome was the only thing about AOTC that I liked!
Lady Sheridan
RED

Postby Gheorghe Zamfir on Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:43 pm

That interview cracks me up too, "I don't think anyone could hate you Mr. Woods, with your big blue eyes and American voice."

A DVD thing I love, not really an extra, but the Zoolander DVD just has this dancing Will Ferrel on all its menus that cracks me up, I got a good laugh from the Incredibles extra Mr. Incredible & Pals too, not the piece itself so much, but the commentary from Mr. Incredible and Frozone is hilarious.
Gheorghe Zamfir
REAL DRAGON

Postby DanielSan on Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:04 pm

One of the greatest extras I've seen on a DVD is on the "Galaxy Quest" DVD - the complete audio track in the Thermian language!
DanielSan
GRANDO CARLISSIAN

Postby Peven on Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:37 pm

i am with Lady Sheridan; all three LOTR:EE editions have outstanding extra material on the "making of" dvd's, and i have watched them as often as i have watched the features themselves. it really brought me into the journey everyone involved took while making the movies, from the writers, actors, extras, stuntmen, fx, etc., and it was really bittersweet when on the ROTK:EE it was time for the goodbyes. made me want to run away to New Zeland and beg PJ to give me a job doing anything, sweeping floors, fetching coffee,etc, just to be around people with such dedication and passion for their craft.

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby magicmonkey on Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:02 pm

I love my DVD extras. My faves of the moment have to go to...

The Shining - Behind the scenes documentary. Wow, I remember seeing this on my mates VHS tape, as it was originally screened for Arena (a British arts programme), on that tape the producer of Arena said that he was given two versions of the doc. One edited by Kubrick, the other by his daughter. He chose Kubrick Jnr's. Infuriated, Stanley went away and made a new edit, again the producer went with his daughters. How much I would give to see Kubrick Snr's take, it must be floating around somewhere.

Oliver Stones commentary on Any Given Sunday was also mighty fun, however, I was also mighty stoned and full of Jack, which may have helped. Stone seemed to realise whenever I lost the train of his thought and he even wished me a merry christmas, I saw it in December. A damn good time.

I rather liked the extras too on Three Kings. Gotta love ice cube telling the cameraman how to frame him exactly using his hands to frame a headshot. Also, there is the great moment where David O. Russel is riding his bike whilst filming and runs into Spike Jonze also wielding a dv camera. They meet only through the lens of their camera as Spike quips.

I'll add a special mention to Star Wars DVD's as having pretty poor extras, not for want of trying, but there is so much darn repetition. The commentaries send me to sleep everytime.
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby havocSchultz on Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:04 pm

ya - i always enjoy Rodriguez' 10 Minute Flick School and 10 Minute Cooking School extras on his dvd's... if you wanna learna bunch of small tricks on how to make things fast, cheap, and in control - listen to any rodriguez commentary... the co-commentary with him and quentin on dusk till dawn is pretty fucking hilarious - robert's all about the filmmaking - and quentin just goes off into tangents - or stories - or saying - "wait - check this out - i love my performance here..." brilliantly entertaining...

and the doc on dusk till dawn - which i believe was separate originally - but attached onto the special edition of dusk till dawn "Full Tilt Boogie" was immensely informative and enjoyable...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby magicmonkey on Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:12 pm

havocSchultz wrote:and the doc on dusk till dawn - which i believe was separate originally - but attached onto the special edition of dusk till dawn "Full Tilt Boogie" was immensely informative and enjoyable...

Yeah, that is up there with the Shining Doc, in fact it is very similar and i'm sure its gotta be a tribute. With the opening of Clooney walking onto set rather then Nicholson. Aces!

Will check out more of his commentaries too, man that dude knows how to cook and impress with the length of his own private mixing desk.
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby havocSchultz on Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:14 pm

magicmonkey wrote:
Yeah, that is up there with the Shining Doc, in fact it is very similar and i'm sure its gotta be a tribute. With the opening of Clooney walking onto set rather then Nicholson. Aces!

Will check out more of his commentaries too, man that dude knows how to cook and impress with the length of his own private mixing desk.

i loved the tour of Troublemaker Studios on teh Mexico dvd - every wannabe filmmakers dream is right in rodriguez' house...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Lady Sheridan on Sat May 13, 2006 2:28 am

My sister and I were watching Reservoir Dogs.

No one else we know has seen the extra "Reservoir Dolls" but I suspect you have. It's a great little extra.
Lady Sheridan
RED

Postby Tubbs Tattsyrup on Sat May 13, 2006 7:41 am

Lady Sheridan wrote:My sister and I were watching Reservoir Dogs.

No one else we know has seen the extra "Reservoir Dolls" but I suspect you have. It's a great little extra.

That is pretty great. With the whole detachable-ear thing...I want one!

The alternate-alternate ending on 28 Days Later was pretty generous...like a 20-minute storyboard/animatic narrated by the writer and director. Great insight into the writing process too.

Pretty much all in-character commentaries rule - like the Spinal Tap one or the Bruce-Campbell-as-Elvis one on the Bubba Ho-Tep DVD.

Hellboy has some great extras - partially cos the docs go very in-depth, and partially because there's so much emphasis on the comic.

Rocky Horror Picture Show with its audience-participation soundtrack, ET with its live score soundtrack...interesting alternate soundtracks are great.

Some of the stuff on the Star Trek: DS9 DVDs is kinda good - like how they put together little docos about the supporting actors like JG Hertzler and Jeffrey Combs.

THX-1138 also has some excellent features. Hell, it's got the best commentary Lucas has ever done, for one thing. And some good documentary stuff.
On YouTube or Vimeo.
Tubbs Tattsyrup
GRANDO CARLISSIAN

Postby sleepflower on Sat May 13, 2006 1:44 pm

One great one is the extra in freddy vs jason, where they not only talk about how they made each effect step by step, but also what problems they ran into and how they solved it or cheated. Brilliant.
The Noblest Pleasure is The Joy of Understanding
sleepflower
AIRWOLF

Postby Brit Pop on Sat May 13, 2006 2:04 pm

Pretty much all of the Shaun Of The Dead extras are top qual - except the Joe Cornish bit because he is an annoying self-important wanker.

The 'zombie make up' and 'what happened to Shaun, Ed and Dianne after' bits.

The cast commentary is hilarious - highlights include them doing Bill Nighy impressions, and Pegg / Moran standoff...

(whilst Ed is dealing on the phone)

Moran - 'Is he selling drugs to Ian Brown?'

Pegg - 'DONT MAKE INSINUATIONS ABOUT POP STARS!'

Moran - 'Well he didnt get that wall-eyed glare from eating sugar puffs!'
Brit Pop
AIRWOLF

Postby cinephile2000 on Sat May 13, 2006 11:19 pm

My favorite dvd extra is on the American Wherewolf in London DVD, there is one feature on it that is an interview with the director without sound halfway through the wall behind him falls down revealing two couples going at it. This was the first time I saw sex on the big screen, It means a lot to me. *tear*
Just remember, your special like everyone else.
cinephile2000
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby TonyWilson on Sun May 14, 2006 7:26 am

The fight club PSA's are very funny, how I wish they were the trailers as was originally planed by Fincher.

The Spaced commentaries and the documentary on the Special Edition DVD's give me a warm fuzzy feeling whenever I watch them.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby Seppuku on Mon May 29, 2006 9:15 am

I really like the Simpsons commentaries. It's just nice being able to sit down and listen to a couple struggling writers badmouth Matt Groening for 20 minutes. It's weird, I've noticed that the commentaries with the cast-members actually aren't normally as good. I guess it just goes to show that voice-actors have the easiest job in the world: you just show up, read a couple lines, and then leave the rest of the work to 200 hyper-ventilating Korean animators.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Re: What's a your favorite DVD extra, eh?

Postby so sorry on Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:55 pm

Was watching the DVDs extras on the Scarface Special Edition. There's a 3 minute featurette on how they converted this foul-mouthed violent movie for television, and it cracked me the fuck up.
Best "cleaned up" line:

This town is like a big pussy, just waiting to get fucked.

to
This town is like a big chicken, just waiting to get plucked.

Also has a great featurette of how and why hip-hop treats this movie like the Bible.

Good stuff.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Seppuku on Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:36 pm

I've pretty much stopped watching DVD extras [he says, while listening to the John Milius and Arnie commentary track for Conan the Barbarian]. If I ever found myself in Room 101, it wouldn't be full of rats, it'd be packed to the gills full of "film historians." They're just a bunch of windbags who suddenly crawled out of the woodwork around the time DVDs started adding more than trailers as special features, twigging on that there was money to be made in talking utter trite over the movie and in featurettes. In theory they could be pretty entertaining, but they just seem to pick the most annoying fuckwits with the most specious shit to say.

That's kinda sucky because documentaries with the cast and crew can be quite fun, but the moment some guy comes on whose only connection to the movie is the fact that he's seen it, I just start reaching for that eject button.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby so sorry on Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:51 pm

Seppuku wrote:I've pretty much stopped watching DVD extras [he says, while listening to the John Milius and Arnie commentary track for Conan the Barbarian]. If I ever found myself in Room 101, it wouldn't be full of rats, it'd be packed to the gills full of "film historians." They're just a bunch of windbags who suddenly crawled out of the woodwork around the time DVDs started adding more than trailers as special features, twigging on that there was money to be made in talking utter trite over the movie and in featurettes. In theory they could be pretty entertaining, but they just seem to pick the most annoying fuckwits with the most specious shit to say.

I can't stand watching movies with the commentary track on. It is literally impossible for me to watch a movie while its being talked over. Terrible.

But I watch all the documentaries/making of stuff. Find it way more interesting.

P.S. I once tried to sit thru Conan while Arnie and John talked over it, and was laughing my ass off at Arnie's "comments". If I remember correctly, it was obvious that Arnold hadn't watched Conan in a while, and he was making shit up left and right.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Seppuku on Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:55 pm

so sorry wrote:P.S. I once tried to sit thru Conan while Arnie and John talked over it, and was laughing my ass off at Arnie's "comments". If I remember correctly, it was obvious that Arnold hadn't watched Conan in a while, and he was making shit up left and right.

It's only been on for about half an hour, but it's hilarious the way Arnie gets all excitable whenever someone gets their neck cleaved in or something.

And pretty much the beginning of every scene has him saying: "This is the scene where I..." My favourite is: "This is the scene where I make luuuuuuve."

EDIT: Another good one is when they're talking about how good a miniature of a castle looks.

Arnie wrote: It's unbelievable! It's extraordinary because it looks totally believable.

This is the guy who accused the Mayor of London of fumbling all over the place?
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby Spandau Belly on Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:47 pm

Prettymuch any Uwe Boll commentary track is priceless. I really liked the one on Alone In The Dark where he trashes Tara Reid and says she's a lousy actress because she wouldn't appear topless in the film and he also has many moments of complete delusion where compares himself to David Lynch. He does lots of funny things like taking phone calls while recording commentary tracks and responding directly to comments trashing him on IMDB message boards. It's all pretty fucking amusing.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:52 pm

Spandau Belly wrote:Prettymuch any Uwe Boll commentary track is priceless. I really liked the one on Alone In The Dark where he trashes Tara Reid and says she's a lousy actress because she wouldn't appear topless in the film and he also has many moments of complete delusion where compares himself to David Lynch. He does lots of funny things like taking phone calls while recording commentary tracks and responding directly to comments trashing him on IMDB message boards. It's all pretty fucking amusing.

oh my jesus, now i'm going to have to rent or buy these pieces of shit just so I can listen the Uwe's rantings!

Damn you Spandau!!!!!
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:50 pm

Spandau Belly wrote:Prettymuch any Uwe Boll commentary track is priceless. I really liked the one on Alone In The Dark where he trashes Tara Reid and says she's a lousy actress because she wouldn't appear topless in the film

pretty much the only way uwe boll can make a scary film is by showing tara reid topless.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby sonnyboo on Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:27 pm

The HOMAGE METER on the SPACED 3 DVD set. A better usage of the subtitle feature of DVD's.
sonnyboo
REAL DRAGON

Re:

Postby Worst Part's Almost Over on Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:14 pm

colonel_lugz wrote:Matt Stone and Trey Parkers drunken commentary on Cannibal The Musical. So god damn funny, they actually have to stop and go out to get more whiskey

THIS.
Worst Part's Almost Over
AIRWOLF

Postby RaulMonkey on Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:35 pm

TheBaxter wrote:
Spandau Belly wrote:Prettymuch any Uwe Boll commentary track is priceless. I really liked the one on Alone In The Dark where he trashes Tara Reid and says she's a lousy actress because she wouldn't appear topless in the film

pretty much the only way uwe boll can make a scary film is by showing tara reid topless.

*SHUDDER*

THE ORANGE HARPY...

RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR

Postby Raziel on Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:41 pm

The LOTR EE extras are friggin' incredible. Their worth the price of the sets alone.
Raziel
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Return to DVD / Blu-ray