Greatest Cartoon Death, act of brutality.....(Now with POLL)

Anime, cartoons and 3D. Animated shorts and features. And don't forget the animation genius in Bulgaria.

Who shouldn't have to come back for more?

Tom
No votes
Sylvester
No votes
Yosimite Sam
13%
Elmer Fudd
No votes
Wil .E. Coyote
50%
Porky
No votes
Marvin the Martian
6%
Spike the dog
No votes
Taz
6%
Scratchy
25%

Total votes : 16

Greatest Cartoon Death, act of brutality.....(Now with POLL)

Postby Doc Holliday on Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:28 am

EDIT: It occurs to me after the event that a Toons life is less "Circle of Life" and more "Never-ending Cycle of Pain". Cats are supposed to eat birds and mice....yet I bet poor Tom feels like going on a bender with Sylvester and discussing the irresponsibility of leaving a rake in the garden every time his stomach growls....so, here de poll! Which natural born predator gets the bummest deal, just for following his/her instincts?

OK...its Friday but I got a bad mood trying to nudge its way to the forefront of my mind.

I will fight it on the beaches, I will fight it on the shores....

....which all leads up to this thread...some of my most favourite LOL moments of years gone by have come from the sheer physical brutality an average 'Toon faces in every show.

Here is where you name 'em and remember them - the particular scene of their pain, rather than just a list of put-upon 'Toons.

Allow me to start us off with this Everyman's Hero - I remember this episode in particular as a classic:

Last edited by Doc Holliday on Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
"I think the worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades..."

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby havocSchultz on Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:31 am

you sound angry Doc...are you angry...?

hmmmm....greatest toon death... i always enjoyed the Weasles laughing to death scene in Roger Rabbit...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Doc Holliday on Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:55 am

havocSchultz wrote:you sound angry Doc...are you angry...?

hmmmm....greatest toon death... i always enjoyed the Weasles laughing to death scene in Roger Rabbit...

I'm a little peeved. Overtired if you like. I represent a danger to both myself and those around me today.

Things like whats just happened dont exactly help either (can only afford a packet of crisps for lunch...been looking forward all morning to eating them.....tried to open the pack and trhe bottom opened instead with a comedy POP....except I'm not laughing as I pick them up off the floor and consider my shame in eating them anyway).

Those weasels crack me up - but for me, its Wil.E.Coyote every time - especially if it involves hovering above a large ravine temporarily before the inevitable plummet....but ONLY if followed by a brief silence, a far off THUNK and a tiny dust cloud far below..... :D
Last edited by Doc Holliday on Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby havocSchultz on Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:00 am

i loved the coyote's deaths - especially the ones they made you wait for - cause you knew what was coming - like the big boulder is gonna dop on his head - but they decide to stretch it out a coupla more seconds - and you wait - and then SPLAT!!! i used to watch the bugs bunny and tweety show every night when i used to smoke alot of dope... they changed the times they show it - so now i don't smoke as much... :wink:
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby John-Locke on Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:07 am

The Itchy and Scratchy where the cat get's nailed to the escalator and his skin is removed on the top step by the grill is one of the sickest things I've ever seen.

Love it.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby TonyWilson on Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:10 am

i saw a great itchy and scratchyy death last night, it's the valentines one where the mouse rips the cats heart out of his body an gives it to him as a present, the cat mounts it on the wall and sits down to read the paper, the headline of which is "WARNING, you need heart to live!!!!", at whch point he jumps up, stumbles, doesn't reach his heart and promptly dies. IFUCKINGPAMPILASHED for literally minutes at that one.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:11 am

How 'bout a the putz getting a ripped inna half by a the big stone-like guy inna the "Ninja Scroll?"
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby vicious_bastard on Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:49 am

John-Locke wrote:The Itchy and Scratchy where the cat get's nailed to the escalator and his skin is removed on the top step by the grill is one of the sickest things I've ever seen.

Love it.

Heheh. I like the 100m race where Scratchy has his tail nailed to the floor and his skeleton wins the race.

HA! I found a video
vicious_bastard
AIRWOLF

Postby buster00 on Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:30 pm

Based on the way the poll is worded, I'm voting for The Tazmanian Devil. Hands down, THE most overrated cartoon character on the planet. HOW does he get so much merchandising love for having appeared in maybe three of the original Looney Toons shorts?

You've met this guy before. "Howya doin'...I'm Luke...ever'one calls me TAZ! Cuz I got a tattoo of TAZ!" He's some biker trash dirtbag who looks like he barely escaped playing bass for Foghat. He's got greasy, stringy shoulder-length hair, a handlebar 'stache culminating in a goatee (the mullet of the new millennium), and a deep, unexplainable love for all things TAZ! "C'mon, man! Let's do a SHOT!" he whoops as he pours you a Jim Beam into a TAZ shot glass. "Y'ever see my tat? See how TAZ is flippin' ever'one the FINGER? I wanna git that same thing for the back windah on m' truck...."
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby colonel_lugz on Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:47 pm

One of my faves is from Tm and Jerry, which is one of the best toons ever, its where they've gone fishing i think and T and J have been having their usual troubles. Anyway somehow Tom upsets a hive of bees and he has to hide from them under a lake breathing through a straw. Toms really pleased with himself and is even cocky enough to spit some water at one of the bees. this reaaallly pisses the bees off and they swarm together up in the sky and begin to fly towards the straw at top speed, the noise of a diving Spitfore is overlaid which is great. Just before they reach the straw Jerry (that little bastard) places a funel in the end of Toms breathing straw and all the dive-bombing beed are collected nicely and shoot down the tube. then...........the is the longest shot above the water above the lake, then a booming drum roll beggins, it builds and build and the water in the lake starts to tremor. As the drumroll creshendos all the water erupts from the lake followed by Tom giving the LOUDEST scream ever with a mouth full of bees.

It has me in stitches every time, its all in the build up and the scene is only about 20 seconds long. Those shows are still so funny, they have truely lasted.
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby cap on Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:48 pm

I voted for Wil E. Although a personal favorite, the poor coyote just doesn't learn.

And all the creative ways he was offed...typically by himself. Priceless.

Ambition - The journey of a thousand miles sometimes ends very, very badly
cap
AIRWOLF

Postby buster00 on Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:52 pm

colonel_lugz wrote:One of my faves is from Tm and Jerry, which is one of the best toons ever...... As the drumroll creshendos all the water erupts from the lake followed by Tom giving the LOUDEST scream ever with a mouth full of bees..

NOW we're talkin'! And so nice to meet someone else who's noticed that the sound effects in Tom and Jerry were the BEST in all of animation! When their characters got smacked in the face with a piece of wood, they REALLY got SMACKED so you could FEEL it, hey?
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby colonel_lugz on Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:57 pm

buster00 wrote:
colonel_lugz wrote:One of my faves is from Tm and Jerry, which is one of the best toons ever...... As the drumroll creshendos all the water erupts from the lake followed by Tom giving the LOUDEST scream ever with a mouth full of bees..

NOW we're talkin'! And so nice to meet someone else who's noticed that the sound effects in Tom and Jerry were the BEST in all of animation! When their characters got smacked in the face with a piece of wood, they REALLY got SMACKED so you could FEEL it, hey?

EXACTLY!!, it was all about the music with Tom and Jerry, this was best demonstrated, i feel, in the one where Tom is playing the concert piano with Jerry trying to thwart him at every step. They used that classic piece (whos name escapes me now) which I absolutly love, used it to base the pace of the animation on, and it is a truely, truely wonderful episode. my favourite Tom and Jerry ever!!!!
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Doc Holliday on Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:00 pm

colonel_lugz wrote:
buster00 wrote:

EXACTLY!!, it was all about the music with Tom and Jerry, this was best demonstrated, i feel, in the one where Tom is playing the concert piano with Jerry trying to thwart him at every step. They used that classic piece (whos name escapes me now) which I absolutly love, used it to base the pace of the animation on, and it is a truely, truely wonderful episode. my favourite Tom and Jerry ever!!!!

Remember when Jerry got a little mate? An early forerunner for the whole Scooby vs Scrappy debacle in later years....but I always liked the little fella.

The T&J I always remember is the one where Jerry and hislittle mate are Mousketeers and Tom is part of the Cardinals guard....very amusing fight all around a posh dinner table that couldn't be upset on pain of guillotine...

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby cap on Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:02 pm

Doc Holliday wrote:
colonel_lugz wrote:
buster00 wrote:

Remember when Jerry got a little mate? An early forerunner for the whole Scooby vs Scrappy debacle in later years....but I always liked the little fella.

The T&J I always remember is the one where Jerry and hislittle mate are Mousketeers and Tom is part of the Cardinals guard....very amusing fight all around a posh dinner table that couldn't be upset on pain of guillotine...

Either that or when Jerry pays off the dog, unknown by Tom of course, to be his protector.

It is pure magic on the screen.

Ambition - The journey of a thousand miles sometimes ends very, very badly
cap
AIRWOLF

Postby Doc Holliday on Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:04 pm

That operatic Bugs/Fudd reworking of Wagner is hard to beat...

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby colonel_lugz on Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:07 pm

Doc Holliday wrote:That operatic Bugs/Fudd reworking of Wagner is hard to beat...

its also quite disturbing, Bugs looks good as a Valkarie
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Vegeta on Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:07 pm

Doc Holliday wrote:That operatic Bugs/Fudd reworking of Wagner is hard to beat...

"Kill do Wabbit, Kill da Wabbit, Kill da Wabbit... Yo, ho, oh, oh!
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby Doc Holliday on Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:14 pm

Yup - thats the one! Just for you Lugz....

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby colonel_lugz on Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:25 pm

I wuv that wabbit
You Called Down The Thunder, Well Now You Got It!
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Doc Holliday on Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:35 pm

colonel_lugz wrote:I wuv that wabbit

ANIMALFARMILASH!

Well....another week and still no P45. THE FOOLS! Have good weekend Lugz - 8 days dude...8 days then we meet again!

Lugz....Bugs.....hmmm.....a little photoshop here...a little cut and paste there....hmmmm! I wonder.....Kirk? KIRK?!

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby colonel_lugz on Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:37 pm

Doc Holliday wrote:

ANIMALFARMILASH!

Well....another week and still no P45. THE FOOLS! Have good weekend Lugz - 8 days dude...8 days then we meet again!

Lugz....Bugs.....hmmm.....a little photoshop here...a little cut and paste there....hmmmm! I wonder.....Kirk? KIRK?!

Have good one yourself................and we're meeting on the 5th....douche
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Doc Holliday on Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:39 pm

colonel_lugz wrote:
Doc Holliday wrote:

ANIMALFARMILASH!

Have good one yourself................and we're meeting on the 5th....douche

Damn you.

Lugz.

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Peven on Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:44 pm

i guess my anti-establishmentarianism is revealed by the fact that i always rooted for Wile E to catch the roadrunner, for Sylvester to eat tweety, and Tom to rip the shit out of Jerry. not only did i despise tweety, i wanted to see 'ol grandma bite the big one too, the crabby old bitch. meanwhile, Elmer Fudd and Yosemite Sam represented grownups, "the system", and Bugs was the rogue, refusing to follow convention, so it was fun to watch him make fools of Elmer and Sam. yeah, blame it on WB for me being the anti-republican i grew into.

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Return to Animation