Olympics

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Postby havocSchultz on Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:37 pm

DinoDeLaurentiis wrote:
havocSchultz wrote:apparentely Old Man Sex is not considered an Olympic sport anymore

Ahh, the good old a days, no?

Seriously though... how many of a you putzes dinna think "GOOD" when a the Michelle Kwan dropped out, eh? Groin injury a my old anna wrinkled ass, eh? She not a fooling anybody... she canna compete a with a the up anna comers anna she knows it, eh?

at least she backed out instead of making an ass/embarassment of herself... might as well try not to tarnish the image too much... besides - i hear she was pissed they cancelled Old Man Sex as a sport - as she was holding out for a doubles event with the dino eh...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:43 pm

havocSchultz wrote:at least she backed out instead of making an ass/embarassment of herself

Did a she? Did a she REALLY?

I thought a the whole groin injury excuse, she was a fairly transparent, no?
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby havocSchultz on Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:44 pm

DinoDeLaurentiis wrote:
havocSchultz wrote:at least she backed out instead of making an ass/embarassment of herself

Did a she? Did a she REALLY?

I thought a the whole groin injury excuse, she was a fairly transparent, no?

no - i hear what you're saying - but she used to be really talented - and i think it still would look better than her trying to compete - and completely getting her ass handed to her - but it probably would've been better to just no show up at all - or try out for the team or however they decided to have her be part of it in the 1st place...

i wish Groin Pulling was an olympic sport...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:51 pm

What I donna understand is a why she even a went a through a the charade of a the going to a the competition anna dropping out, eh?

My guess is a this... she gotta the lots of a the money riding onna the endorsement deals, eh? Anna so she gotta to put uppa the front a that she gonna to compete. They alla ready made a some commercials with her inna them anna everything... the last Olympics, she dinna even a participate inna the opening ceremonies, eh? Anna so this a time, she made a sure she was out a there front anna center for alla those photo opportunities. But a she knew from a the beginning she was a not a gonna to compete.
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby Gheorghe Zamfir on Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:09 pm

Gheorghe Zamfir wrote:
cinephile2000 wrote:Why are the US chicks so hot?

I must admit, having a late night and catching the US team (Lose :() to Norway has gotten me totally addicted to this game as well. Part of it is that it actually is kind of fun to watch, and the other part is that the US women's team is so dang cute (ohhh Johnson sisters!).

To keep on harping on the cute curling girls, reading about their first victory in the Olympics and one of them apparently decided to offer up this gem of a quote: "Lately, we've been dancing around the locker room, sometimes in our spandies..."

C'mon!
Gheorghe Zamfir
REAL DRAGON

Postby CthulhuKid on Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:15 pm

DinoDeLaurentiis wrote:What I donna understand is a why she even a went a through a the charade of a the going to a the competition anna dropping out, eh?

My guess is a this... she gotta the lots of a the money riding onna the endorsement deals, eh? Anna so she gotta to put uppa the front a that she gonna to compete. They alla ready made a some commercials with her inna them anna everything... the last Olympics, she dinna even a participate inna the opening ceremonies, eh? Anna so this a time, she made a sure she was out a there front anna center for alla those photo opportunities. But a she knew from a the beginning she was a not a gonna to compete.

I think NBC had a little hand in this too. She'd been their poster child for the Olympics through all their ads for thast, what, 3 months? And them having that video piece all ready to go within hours of her backing out. I'm not calling a conspiracy here (video production being as simple as it is these days) but someone was ready with a LOT of highlights of her career.
CthulhuKid
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby DennisMM on Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:18 pm

Fuck sports. Period. Including the Olympics, because they are just a big old whore show these days. Thank god the athletes can't wear sponsorship patches or you wouldn't be able to see the uniforms on those "extreme" types.

I will not speak of these games again.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:18 pm

kinda like the editors at most daily newpapers have Obituaries written well before a person croaks...
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Al Shut on Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:23 pm

keepcoolbutcare wrote:kinda like the editors at most daily newpapers have Obituaries written well before a person croaks...

I smell a huge conspiracy. Newspaper editors decided about the death of every person on the planet and hire deathsquads to do the dirty work
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby CthulhuKid on Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:24 pm

DennisMM wrote:Fuck sports. Period. Including the Olympics, because they are just a big old whore show these days. Thank god the athletes can't wear sponsorship patches or you wouldn't be able to see the uniforms on those "extreme" types.

I will not speak of these games again.

It's good you didn't watch the moguls competiton last night then. The Men's Mogul Team is apparently sponosored by Hilfiger and were given really nice Skiing jackets with the Hilfiger logo conveniently placed on the collar where it hangs out form under their official Olympic number vest. :evil:
CthulhuKid
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:25 pm

i like how the Candian clothing company Roots designs the US outfits.
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby havocSchultz on Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:30 pm

keepcoolbutcare wrote:i like how the Candian clothing company Roots designs the US outfits.

ya - and how The Bay -recently purchased by an american company - is designing (the utterly fugly) clothes for the canadians...

Roots always designed much better clothes...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:43 pm

havocSchultz wrote:ya - and how The Bay -recently purchased by an american company - is designing (the utterly fugly) clothes for the canadians...

Roots always designed much better clothes...

I KNOW!

I don't get it, I know it's a bidding process and all, but how 'bout they take "style" into consideraton, as well as cost?

Shit, if I was a Canadian Olympic Athlete, I'd pony up the extra dough to wear the Roots gear...if only to not look like a complete ass to the rest of the world...that's the right and province of AMERICANS, damnit!
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby havocSchultz on Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:47 pm

keepcoolbutcare wrote:
I KNOW!

I don't get it, I know it's a bidding process and all, but how 'bout they take "style" into consideraton, as well as cost?

Shit, if I was a Canadian Olympic Athlete, I'd pony up the extra dough to wear the Roots gear...if only to not look like a complete ass to the rest of the world...that's the right and province of AMERICANS, damnit!

ya! what's with those fucking ear-flap hats?!? honestly - fur-trading went out of style years ago in canada...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Gheorghe Zamfir on Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:40 pm

Ok, I know I'm the only person paying attention to women's curling, which makes me immediately mockable, so first off, fuck you. Second, USA network, c'mon! It should be a given by now, with any sport, that if you're going to bother airing the sport at all, you don't cut it off when it goes into extra ends/overtime! And thirdly, :frowny face:, US team is pretty much out of it after two heart breakers coming down to the Cassie's last throw (though if anyone was watching Russia, in the bottom of the 10th why didn't she clear both of Russia's stones to pick up the 4?!).
Gheorghe Zamfir
REAL DRAGON

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:40 pm

Hop, Suisse! Hop, Suisse!

Martin Gerber 49 saves!?!?!? A team with 2 NHL players beats the equivalent of the All-Star team.

That'll learn you Canadians to whup up on a team 33-0...I don't care if it was 82 years ago, let it never be said the Swiss don't hold a grudge.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:34 pm

give it up for Shani Davis!!!

First black man to EVER win an individual gold medal in Winter Olympic history! Hopefully, since John Candy has passed on, there won't be an uplifting Disney film based on his accomplishment.

oh, who am I kidding, you know there will be...
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby havocSchultz on Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:33 pm

keepcoolbutcare wrote:Hop, Suisse! Hop, Suisse!

Martin Gerber 49 saves!?!?!? A team with 2 NHL players beats the equivalent of the All-Star team.

That'll learn you Canadians to whup up on a team 33-0...I don't care if it was 82 years ago, let it never be said the Swiss don't hold a grudge.

i gotta give props where props is due... the swiss - especially gerber - earned that fucking win - this could be even more embarassing than the U.S. women's loss yesterday... :wink:

damn inconclusive goals... :cry:
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Chief Redcock on Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:39 pm

The medals this year SUCK. They look like pancakes or something.

That's as far as my Olympics commentary goes. Sorry.
Chief Redcock
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby havocSchultz on Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:47 pm

Chief Redcock wrote:The medals this year SUCK. They look like pancakes or something.

pancakes with big holes in the middle... :?

more like donuts... unless you come from some weird place that jips you on the best part of the fucking pancake... cause then that would suck...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Chief Redcock on Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:50 pm

havocSchultz wrote:
Chief Redcock wrote:The medals this year SUCK. They look like pancakes or something.

pancakes with big holes in the middle... :?

more like donuts... unless you come from some weird place that jips you on the best part of the fucking pancake... cause then that would suck...

See? I clearly know not what the fuck I'm talking about. Pancakes, hmmm... not sure where that came from.
Chief Redcock
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby havocSchultz on Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:54 pm

Some Blond Mulletted Half (if he's lucky) ALF Kid in Cabin Fever wrote:P4NC4K3S!!!!!!!!!!!
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Al Shut on Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:00 pm

After a long and cautious review of the debated issue I'm afraid I have to say:

The U.S curling girls are really cute. A shame they won't advance any further in the competition.
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby wharto on Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:04 pm

Curling??
Is that throwing an Iron down some ice, whilst other people brush the ice?
Suck My Balls!
wharto
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby cinephile2000 on Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:21 pm

keepcoolbutcare wrote:
keepcoolbutcare wrote:
cinephile2000 wrote:I just want to post one more thing then its sleep time. I cant wait for the games. I bet US takes home the m ost followed by Canada or China.

how much you wanna bet?

I SAID HOW MUCH DO YOU WANNA BET?!?!?!?!

Look at the golds man the golds.
Just remember, your special like everyone else.
cinephile2000
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby The Vicar on Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:02 am

What is up with the pairs skating? Most of the contestants were skating on their butt cheeks last weekend.
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:16 am

Let's have a round of applause for Lindsey Jacobellis!

ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Bean on Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:23 pm

HUNDREDS OF SYRINGES FOUND DURING RAID
VIENNA (Reuters) - Italian prosecutors found more than 100 syringes and 30 packs of drugs, including asthma drugs and antidepressants, in a raid on Austrian Winter Olympics bases, an Italian prosecutor told Austrian television.

They also seized devices for blood testing and blood transfusions in the raid on Saturday on the country's biathlon and cross-country teams, Austrian state television ORF said on its Web site on Monday, quoting Turin prosecutor Raffaele Guariniello.

ORF also quoted another Turin prosecutor, Marcello Maddalena, as saying the raids were coordinated closely with the International Olympic Committee and the World Anti-Doping Agency.

Maddalena said officials tried to avoid disturbing the athletes too much.

"But a raid is a raid," ORF quoted Maddalena as saying. "You cannot announce it in advance, nor can you put on your velvet gloves."
Bean
AIRWOLF

Postby so sorry on Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:46 pm

ThisIsTheGirl wrote:Let's have a round of applause for Lindsey Jacobellis!

does anyone have a link to this momentus fuck up?
i missed it (and all the post fuckup coverage) and i desperately want to see it.

(PS yes, i know how to google but i'm supremely lazy)
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Al Shut on Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:25 am

Whats up with this? USA and Canada out of mens icehockey. Wasn't that competition supposed to b settled right from the start?
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby cinephile2000 on Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:28 am

The competition this year was stiff, with some unexpected wins from usually third string countries.
cinephile2000
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby Chairman Kaga on Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:49 am

Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby havocSchultz on Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:57 am

WHOO-HOO!!!!!!

Cindy Klassen is THE most successful Canadian Olympian (summer or winter) OF ALL TIME - 4 medals - and a chance to win a 5th on saturday - and she's from right up here in the ole muthafuckin winnipeg...

gotta love the home town heroes...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby thomasgaffney on Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:59 am

Win-A-Peg? You Canadians and your wacky terms.....
find me: twitter and goodreads
find my book: amazon
thomasgaffney
a might unpredictable

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:00 am

relax Gaffes, he's just compensating for the Wayne Gretzky fiasco...
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby thomasgaffney on Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:01 am

keepcoolbutcare wrote:relax Gaffes, he's just compensating for the Wayne Gretzky fiasco...

Why? How much did Janet Jones lose betting on Canada vs. US for the gold?
find me: twitter and goodreads
find my book: amazon
thomasgaffney
a might unpredictable

Postby havocSchultz on Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:05 am

thomasgaffney wrote:
keepcoolbutcare wrote:relax Gaffes, he's just compensating for the Wayne Gretzky fiasco...

Why? How much did Janet Jones lose betting on Canada vs. US for the gold?

hahahhaa... CONTROVERSARYILASH...

fuck that hockey game... canadians tied it up late in the 3rd - but the ref started to blow the whistle as soon as he lost visual of it - unfortunately it was under nabakov and sliding through into the net...alas - no goal...

either way - it's canada's best showing ever in the winter olympics - and we're tied norway and the americans for 3rd place...

and winnie the pooh was named after winnipeg...deutschbag... :wink:
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Al Shut on Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:39 am

havocSchultz wrote:

What has winnipeg to do with poo?
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby havocSchultz on Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:45 am

Al_Shut wrote:
havocSchultz wrote:

What has winnipeg to do with poo?

cause it's usually too cold up here even to do that...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Al Shut on Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:48 am

brrrrrrrr (shiver)
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby cinephile2000 on Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:20 pm

I thought Winnie the Pooh was named after a canadian black bear in the London zoo. The bear could be named after the city and thus pooh could be inadvertantly named after the city.

that made me sound like a Struggling Background Artist
cinephile2000
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby cinephile2000 on Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:05 pm

Its time for that last Olympic whoo raa, the closing ceramonies. They played the YMCA!!!!! I love those italians
cinephile2000
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:06 pm

where's my money?
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Eric G on Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:12 pm

Bring on the Commonwealth Games!!

Being hosted by my wonderful home town of Melbourne Australia!
Eric G
AIRWOLF

Postby The Vicar on Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:44 pm

Bode Miller
Horses ass, or what?
Wonder how long it'll take Nike to ask for their money back?
The Vicar

Postby havocSchultz on Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:50 pm

The Vicar wrote:Bode Miller
Horses ass, or what?

they should give it to Winnipeg's Own Cindy Klassen - who set a canadian olympic record with 5 medals in one olympiad - and 6 lifetime - also a canadian record - and we finished 3rd - 1 medal shy of the americans... good timing to host the games next time...(hopefully we don't fuck it up in hockey again... :wink: )
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Vegeta on Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:58 pm

I am proud to say I didn't watch one second of Olympic coverage. I was so hoping someone would get killed in the Skeleton competition, but alas all we get is a broken back. Seriosly, I think that sport should be banned, it's just f!@#ing crazy.
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby so sorry on Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:23 pm

havocSchultz wrote:
The Vicar wrote:...and we finished 3rd - 1 medal shy of the americans...

a-ha!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby The Vicar on Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:32 pm

havocSchultz wrote:
The Vicar wrote:Bode Miller
Horses ass, or what?

they should give it to Winnipeg's Own Cindy Klassen - who set a canadian olympic record with 5 medals in one olympiad - and 6 lifetime - also a canadian record - and we finished 3rd - 1 medal shy of the americans... good timing to host the games next time...(hopefully we don't fuck it up in hockey again... :wink: )

Yup, you guys are on a roll...
I hope Nike does drop Miller & pick up Klassen. Wouldn't it be nice, for once, to see an asshole get stiffed ( no Brokeback jokes, please) & a true Olympian be rewarded?
Dare we hope?
The Vicar

Previous

Return to Coaxial