DEATH RACE

New movies! Old movies! B-movies! Discuss discuss discuss!!!

DEATH RACE

Postby John-Locke on Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:54 pm

This is pretty sick yet oddly amusing.

What do you guys think?

Warning, not for people without a sense of humor and kids

DEATH RACE 3000
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Chairman Kaga on Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:56 pm

Neat, so there definitely is a remake?
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Eric G on Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:59 pm

:lol:

Nice.

What was even better was the clips of Morbid Angel's Blessed Are The Sick and Hate Eternal's I Monarch! Frickin sweet!
Eric G
AIRWOLF

Postby Seppuku on Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:59 pm

Man that's sick (in a good way)...no way is that a studio-endorsed trailer.

And also
John-Locke wrote:Warning, not for people without a sense of humor and kids

I figured great, I'll show this to my little sister now that it's been approved as kid-safe by our morally sound mod John Locke (though probably a bit boring for those without kids). So we sit down in front of the monitor to watch what I assumed was going to be a heart-warming tale of triumph over adversity, and it turns out the trailer just went and stole my sister's childhood from right under her. All because of Johnny's "sage" advice. Thanks a bunch ;).
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby Pudie on Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:04 am

FUCKING FANASTIC!
Pudie
MAN IN SUIT

Postby dark wesley on Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:25 am

hey guys, thats an advertisement for responsible driving from britain, though this version is a lot funnier.
i wish my middle name was tiberius.
dark wesley
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Fievel on Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:33 am

dark wesley wrote:hey guys, thats an advertisement for responsible driving from britain, though this version is a lot funnier.

European public service announcements like that are so much more brutal and to the point - I love it.
I remember seeing one back in 2001 to promote wearing seat belts that showed a group of people in a car. It showed them driving and said that soon they'd be in an accident and "Susan" (or whoever) would go crashing through the windshield, "Bob" would break his neck on the seat in front of him, etc. etc. All because they weren't wearing their seat belts. And then it showed it... from the inside of the car. It was the most graphic commercial I'd ever seen.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby magicmonkey on Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:39 am

Heh, you should see our anti-smoking ads. The British government enjoys traumatising us...
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby John-Locke on Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:25 am

dark wesley wrote:hey guys, thats an advertisement for responsible driving from britain, though this version is a lot funnier.

I don't know what you mean

;)

Obviously you are completely correct, I put the title on the end myself

Too sick?
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:32 am

The one with the little girl coming back to life is utterly disturbing. The bones cracking and shifting jar my teeth.

See it here.

The one with the two blokes at the pub watching a girl and she gets "hit" by the table fucked my up too. More on that here.
Last edited by AtomicHyperbole on Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby magicmonkey on Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:37 am

Quick reply's don't let em work... Best to click post reply.

On the other hand, I want to see Deathrace 4000, somebody get the script written. With a trailer like that you have cinema gold.
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby John-Locke on Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:53 am

It's because you tried to post them first without the url tags, then spaces were put in which you didn't remove when you edited your posts.

It has absolutely nothing to do with putting url tags in using quick reply, not that I think you did because you obviously edited them in.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Fievel on Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:04 pm

AtomicHyperbole wrote:The one with the two blokes at the pub watching a girl and she gets "hit" by the table fucked my up too. More on that here.

Wow! That one sounds wicked... any video links?
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby cap on Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:06 pm

Am I to understand that they are remaking this movie as well??????

Ambition - The journey of a thousand miles sometimes ends very, very badly
cap
AIRWOLF

Postby John-Locke on Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:11 pm

The Teaser is a joke okay, a Hoax on my behalf, it's a road safety campaign from the UK, the first time I saw it was in a cinema and I honestly did think it was a sick add for Deathrace 3000 until the end title came up, I happened to stumble across this ad online last night and was inspired to add the last bit on myself, I'm a sick fuck really, what can I say.

Paul WS Anderson (WS? Weasel Slag? Wanky Shit?) is set to direct but I think it's been put on hold thank god, I want to see this film made but by someone with a better eye, Verhoven would be my choice or failing that even Micheal Bay
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby cap on Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:15 pm

John-Locke wrote:Paul WS Anderson (WS? Weasel Slag? Wanky Shit?) is set to direct but I think it's been put on hold thank god, I want to see this film made but by someone with a better eye, Verhoven would be my choice or failing that even Micheal Bay

So they are remaking this. Why?!

Why must Hollywood take everything that is good and destroy it!!!!

I don't care that it is campy.

I don't care that it is particularily good.

I don't want them to remake this, or any other movie!!!!!

Ambition - The journey of a thousand miles sometimes ends very, very badly
cap
AIRWOLF

Postby John-Locke on Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:59 pm

I just think that a modern re-imagining of a cross country race where people score points by running folks over (and get points based on their kills age and gender) would go down well, I love the original but setting it another thousand years in the future and with a bigger budget could be one hell of an interesting premise, films are going to be made with ideas stolen even if they are under the pretense of being original, I honestly think there is plenty more to explore in the premise whilst staying true to the originals themes and premise.

Just not directed by Paul Want's Suffocating Anderson.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Bob Samonkey on Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:01 pm

John-Locke wrote:Just not directed by Paul Want's Suffocating Anderson.

I liked Weasel Slag better
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Peven on Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:06 pm

what do you guys think about Carradine reprising his role? and maybe a pieced-back-together Stallone too? i mean, if you're going to go camp, go all the way. :wink: :lol:

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby John-Locke on Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:08 pm

The general rule of typing out Paul Will Suffer Anderson's name is you always try out new variations on the theme, some are better than others but the general rule is they convey our hatred towards him.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Bob Samonkey on Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:08 pm

Peven wrote:what do you guys think about Carradine reprising his role? and maybe a pieced-back-together Stallone too? i mean, if you're going to go camp, go all the way. :wink: :lol:

**Spoiler**

As the pres?
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Bob Samonkey on Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:09 pm

John-Locke wrote:The general rule of typing out Paul Will Suffer Anderson's name is you always try out new variations on the theme, some are better than others but the general rule is they convey our hatred towards him.

OIC
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:10 pm

Fievel wrote:
AtomicHyperbole wrote:The one with the two blokes at the pub watching a girl and she gets "hit" by the table fucked my up too. More on that here.

Wow! That one sounds wicked... any video links?

Couldn't find any but I wasn't sure I wanted to look...
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Peven on Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:12 pm

naw, i want to see Frankenstein "on the road again". hell, have them thaw Carradine out from a cryogenic suspended animation in order to save the day. also, if they do a deathrace 3000 i want to see some scantily clad bimbo mechanics too. all the cheesy fun of the first movie and then some.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:15 pm

AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Bob Samonkey on Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:16 pm

Peven wrote:naw, i want to see Frankenstein "on the road again". hell, have them thaw Carradine out from a cryogenic suspended animation in order to save the day. also, if they do a deathrace 3000 i want to see some scantily clad bimbo mechanics too. all the cheesy fun of the first movie and then some.

That’s good! The nations best Pres. is frozen after serving for a while. Hence the aging. The games have started again and have started to go bad. They need his help to put thing right again.
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby thomasgaffney on Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:17 pm

find me: twitter and goodreads
find my book: amazon
thomasgaffney
a might unpredictable

Postby Fievel on Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:00 pm

Awesome - in the fact that it doesn't pull any punches about drunk driving. I wish American television could be that honest.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Shane on Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:02 pm

looks interesting.
Shane
AIRWOLF

Postby shakermakerman on Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:27 pm

come on paul anderson bring us another fantastic movie.. :lol: (to be honist i think he an ok director) :oops:
shakermakerman
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby silentbobafett on Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:05 pm

A) its funny because its an advert and they still kept in the 30mph bit!

2ndly its funny because isn't Paul WS Anderson directing the Deatgh Race 3000 movie?

Do you gusy think he'd do a trailer like that?
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby shakermakerman on Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:33 am

silentbobafett wrote:A) its funny because its an advert and they still kept in the 30mph bit!

2ndly its funny because isn't Paul WS Anderson directing the Deatgh Race 3000 movie?

Do you gusy think he'd do a trailer like that?

neah i think its fan made
shakermakerman
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby Peven on Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:40 am

Ian McShane Joins Death Race
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
August 8, 2007

Ian McShane has joined the previously-announced Jason Statham, Joan Allen and Tyrese Gibson in Paul W.S. Anderson's remake of the Roger Corman cult classic Death Race at Universal.

The film sees a future America in which prison inmates are forced to brutally compete in an enclosed arena. Statham will play a prisoner who, with only weeks to go before his release, is coerced into being a driver and becomes the crowd favorite called Frankenstein.

Allen will play the warden of the prison who runs the race and ruthlessly forces Statham to enter the arena. McShane will play a coach, while Gibson is a sociopathic racer named Machine Gun Joe who seeks to escape from prison.

Production will start this year with an aim for a September 26, 2008 release.

Tom Cruise and Paula Wagner are producing via their C/W Productions as well as Anderson and his Impact Pictures partner Jeremy Bolt.

on the one hand, it is nice to see McShane reaping the rewards for his work on Deadwood in getting yet another role, but on the other hand this story synopsis is shit. its not Death Race, its Running Man with cars. the one aspect of Death Race that set it apart and made it such cheesy pulp memorable fun is the whole point system for hitting people on the cross country race. Anderson once again shows what a clueless hack he is.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Doc Holliday on Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:03 am

Wha-? Waitaminute - so what are you saying...that in this version they aren't scoring points by mowing people down, but are instead racing for their freedom?

I guess they felt they had to do something differently - but its a shame that was the part they decided to change.

Did the remake of Rollerball make the same mistake? I saw the name "Chris Klein" and never bothered to rent it.

I guess we'll always have the originals - Stallone as the original Machine Gun Joe V-Turbo was brilliant. Sounds like Tyrese is being given a far less fun version of the character to work with - all psycho killer and no humour :(
"I think the worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades..."

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby buster00 on Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:05 am

comingsoon.net wrote:The film sees a future America in which prison inmates are forced to brutally compete in an enclosed arena. Statham will play a prisoner who, with only weeks to go before his release, is coerced into being a driver and becomes the crowd favorite called Frankenstein.

buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Chilli on Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:53 am

Statham will play a prisoner who, with only weeks to go before his release, is coerced into being a driver and becomes the crowd favorite called Frankenstein.

Does that mean he's a morally ambiguous Scientist?
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby JustinG on Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:19 pm

joan allen kicks ass in this new movie - just caught a pre screening. theres this one line she deliver with mucho cojones: OKAY C*CKS*CK*RS, F*CK WITH ME AND WE'LL SEE WHO SH*TS ON THE SIDEWALK. omg, what a gr8 line!! i want to see the move all over again becausr of the line. my bros and i can't stop using the line afterwards. this is the next I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE, i tell ya. :twisted:
JustinG
GLIB

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:50 pm

JustinG wrote:she kicks ass in this new movie - just caught a pre screening. theres this one line she deliver with mucho cojones: OKAY C*CKS*CK*RS, F*CK WITH ME AND WE'LL SEE WHO SH*TS ON THE SIDEWALK. omg, what a gr8 line!! i want to see the move all over again becausr of the line. my bros and i can't stop using the line afterwards. this is the next I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE, i tell ya. :twisted:

the crackheads who flock to my neighborhood shit on the sidewalk all the time, it's really not that big a deal.

one time, one of 'em asked my janitor, who sprays the front entrance and sidewalks of my building, if he could spray his ass crack.
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby havocSchultz on Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:05 am

I didn't know Joan Allen was a crackhead...

But she is worth a good a spray or two...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby silentbobafett on Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:49 am

CrackHead Allen!
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby tapehead on Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:56 am

tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby magicmonkey on Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:40 am

and on the ninth day did joan allen shat on the sidewalk and lo, god made the gutter...
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby so sorry on Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:39 am

http://joblo.com/new-death-race-pics

some pics for those interested... don't know squat about this flick, but that car looks badass.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Re: DEATHRACE 3000 Teaser Trailer

Postby yorrick brown on Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:49 pm

Should I call you Bullet? Tooth?
You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
yorrick brown
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:25 pm

If there is any movie where Ian McShane can get away with calling someone a cocksucker as a wink and nudge to the good ol' Al Swearengen, it's this one. This movie will probably be 20 shades of horrible, but It's full of tits, ass and explosions, so I'll be seeing it on opening day.
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:09 am

Whoa. I was expecting a big stinking pile of poo. But this looks like a blast!
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby yorrick brown on Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:35 am

burlivesleftnut wrote:Whoa. I was expecting a big stinking pile of poo. But this looks like a blast!

i know!.Actually looks awesome.

anyone seen the original,worth a watch??
Should I call you Bullet? Tooth?
You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
yorrick brown
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Chairman Kaga on Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:40 am

yorrick brown wrote:
burlivesleftnut wrote:Whoa. I was expecting a big stinking pile of poo. But this looks like a blast!

i know!.Actually looks awesome.

anyone seen the original,worth a watch??

The original has probably some of the best sci-fi satire ever on screen before Verhoven made the scene with Robocop.
Old Trailer
Edit: After watching the new trailer it's nothing like the old film except for the title and that it centers around a race. The original features a cross country race with the objective of having the best time and killing pedestrians for points. The drivers have much campier cars and personas like pro-wrestling and the government of the future runs the race to distract the public from the useless, corrupt government.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:18 am

I never really liked the original. I remember one of my best friends from high school exposing me to it. He was so excited and I was all MEH. Then after we watched it, we made a home made haunted house movie with his Camcorder.

I was the star.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:40 pm

the lesser of the directorial Andersons has never had a problem coming up with enough decent imagery to cut a decent to geek-gasm inducing trailer, but his films, generally, don't live up to them.

I thought Mori was penning a "Death Race 2000" remake?

burlivesleftnut wrote: we made a home made haunted house movie with his Camcorder.

I was the star.

the G(r)ay Ghost?
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Next

Return to Movie Discussion