The Official Fantasy Comic Cast Thread (All comics.........)

Graphic novels. Weekly rags. The @$$holes.

Postby doglips on Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:54 am

What about Louise Delamere?

She's Lia in No Angels and is soon to be seen in The Chatterley Affair on BBC4.

She has the right demeanor for Pekkala and kind of looks the part.......

What do you reckon?
Last edited by doglips on Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby TonyWilson on Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:22 am

Aha, good choice, I've only seen bits of No Angels but she does have that strong and very sensuous thing going on.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby Nachokoolaid on Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:51 am

Tubbs Tattsyrup wrote:It's nicknamed Oz, but the citizens are nicknamed Aussies.

Kind of like "saussies". And anything that makes me think of sausages gets a big thumbs-up.

How about if Andy Serkis lost a bit of weight? He could play Cassidy. Maybe. *shies away from flames*

No, I actually thought about him playing Cassidy, too. I think he could do quite well in the role.

I figured while he was there, you might as well mo-cap him, and let him play Satan as well. I think that would be a hoot.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby CrazySlasher on Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:59 am

Bruce Banner:

CrazySlasher
GLIB

Postby The Garbage Man on Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:38 am

CrazySlasher wrote:Bruce Banner:

HULK SMASH-I-DEE-DOO-BEE-DA!
The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF

Postby colonel_lugz on Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:23 am

Nachokoolaid wrote:
Tubbs Tattsyrup wrote:It's nicknamed Oz, but the citizens are nicknamed Aussies.

Kind of like "saussies". And anything that makes me think of sausages gets a big thumbs-up.

How about if Andy Serkis lost a bit of weight? He could play Cassidy. Maybe. *shies away from flames*

No, I actually thought about him playing Cassidy, too. I think he could do quite well in the role.

I figured while he was there, you might as well mo-cap him, and let him play Satan as well. I think that would be a hoot.

I can see that, Just finished reading them all, yeah deffinatly see that.....still not as good as the Guy Pearce suggestion some hansome chap made 8)
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Nachokoolaid on Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:50 am

colonel_lugz wrote:
Nachokoolaid wrote:[q uote="Tubbs Tattsyrup"]It's nicknamed Oz, but the citizens are nicknamed Aussies.

I can see that, Just finished reading them all, yeah deffinatly see that.....still not as good as the Guy Pearce suggestion some hansome chap made 8)[/quote]

Pierce certainly has the acting chops, but I wonder if he's a little long in the tooth already for Cass.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Preacher

Postby Proinsias on Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:53 am

Nachokoolaid - Heath Ledger as Jesse?, I thought you were having a laugh, but that poster...damn...im slowly coming around...
Good choices on Jodie, TC and Tulip, Chris Cooper as root is spot on.
My fantasy Preacher cast is:
Jesse - A younger, tougher, Daniel Day Lewis (10 years ago)..
Cassidy - Guy Pierce, Im with the lugs on that, he could do it.
Grandma - think about this.....Brad Dourif.
Arseface - Jared Leto...and make him real pretty in Lorries eyes...
Starr - with lugs again...Stewart..just imagine his crisp booming voice shouting 'Moving fucking bastard walkway!!!', perhaps bettany in a few years, but he can take Jesus de Sade for now...
There's more but i hate big studly posts...
Proinsias
REAL DRAGON

Postby colonel_lugz on Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:44 am

Dourif as Grandma, fucking inspired sir!!!
You Called Down The Thunder, Well Now You Got It!
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Nachokoolaid on Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:07 am

colonel_lugz wrote:Dourif as Grandma, fucking inspired sir!!!

That's good. He might be a little too heavy. I know it would be hard for the make-up folks to make him look so emaciated, because he's a pretty healthy individual, but I like your thinking.

I also considered Helena Bonham Carter, or even a completely CG Grandma, where it could be really grotesque, but in the end, I like Nan Martin with extra prosthetics. It just seems to fit to me.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Bob Samonkey on Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:42 pm

Ok now the threads properly named! :)
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby The Ginger Man on Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:48 pm

Rachael McAdams is an inspired choice for the Tulip. Never even thought about her. Clancy Brown IS the SoK. And while I don't think Liam Neeson would make a good Starr (Patrick Steward would be better), I'd love to see a bald Neeson yelling "You took my cock, you fuckers!!!'
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Re: The Official Fantasy Cast Thread (made by you loved by a

Postby The Ginger Man on Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:56 pm

Nachokoolaid wrote:Jody: Tyler Mane (guy on left)

Have to totally disagree with this one though. Tyler lacks that look of calm, cold, calculated intelligence. Which (IMO) made Jody a really scary character and more than just the muscle.

Though I'm sure he'd never play such a small role, I think the best man for Jody is this guy right here. Russell Crowe.

Last edited by The Ginger Man on Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby The Ginger Man on Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:05 pm

Actually, you've really got me thinking on this one. Great thread. You've sold me on Heath Ledger for Jesse (if he could get the accent). And again, Rachel McAdams...don't know why, but I can't get her out of my head for Tulip. Still think you're off with Starr.

I think Oldman really has the right acting chops and look for the role. Just think his over the top performance in Leon: The Professional. Starr is very much a "ham" by the end of the story.

And while I think your pick for Cassidy is good, I think Sean Patrick is way too much of a pretty boy for the role. Cassidy can't rival Jesse in hotness. He has to rely on that wicked Irish charm. Which of course means Cassidy has to be Robert Carlyle.

Last edited by The Ginger Man on Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby MadCapsule on Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:11 pm

I haven't read through all of this thread but, I think Clive Owen would play a great Preacher. He could probably get the accent down.
MadCapsule
SUSAN CAGLE

Postby The Ginger Man on Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:16 pm

MadCapsule wrote:I haven't read through all of this thread but, I think Clive Owen would play a great Preacher. He could probably get the accent down.

Clive Owen is really too old for the role of Jesse. But I know who's playing Arseface.

The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby The Ginger Man on Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:31 pm

Here are a few more pics:

Jesus de Sade (Crispin Glover)

The Sexual Investigators (Woody Allen and Michael Chiklis)

Last edited by The Ginger Man on Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby MadCapsule on Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:37 pm

The Ginger Man wrote:
MadCapsule wrote:I haven't read through all of this thread but, I think Clive Owen would play a great Preacher. He could probably get the accent down.

Clive Owen is really too old for the role of Jesse. But I know who's playing Arseface.

"Duh kuh muh duh!"
MadCapsule
SUSAN CAGLE

Postby The Ginger Man on Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:59 pm

Hoover and Featherstone (Adrian Lester and Tilda Swinton)

Last edited by The Ginger Man on Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby The Ginger Man on Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:03 pm

Quincannon (Dominic Chianese)

And sadly, the only man who should have played Allfather Daronique. (Marlon Brando)

Last edited by The Ginger Man on Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby The Ginger Man on Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:06 pm

MadCapsule wrote:
The Ginger Man wrote:

"Duh kuh muh duh!"

Feels right, don't it?
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby Tubbs Tattsyrup on Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:16 am

Grandma:

Just think about that for a second. It'll never, ever, EVER happen, but I think it could work. It would, of course, involve Smith totally alienating all her fan-base...but it would simply rule just for that reason.

And I'll say it again - you've got your Saint of Killers right here:

On YouTube or Vimeo.
Tubbs Tattsyrup
GRANDO CARLISSIAN

Postby Bob Samonkey on Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:48 am

I think my old dog would be perfectly cast in WE3. She was a pretty little golden retriever.

Who would you guys see in Fable? I think that the first graphic novel could easily be made into a quirky who-done-it movie and do very well.
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby The Ginger Man on Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:58 pm

It has occured to me in a moment of brilliance. There is only one actor with the correct mixture of looks, charm, manliness, and southern hospitality that is needed to play Jesse Custer. Matthew McCounaghey.

This should have been easy. Don't know why I never thought of it.
Last edited by The Ginger Man on Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby The Ginger Man on Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:00 pm

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:Who would you guys see in Fable? I think that the first graphic novel could easily be made into a quirky who-done-it movie and do very well.

Hmmmm. Fable. Like Preacher, I think it would have to be an HBO series, if only b/c cutting it down to the first TPB (which I feel is the weakest) would be a disservice to the grander story the creators are trying to tell.

But, I like the idea of discussing the casting call. I will think more on this, and return!

Though Snow White is already cast in my mind. Jennifer Connelly. And I like the idea of a shaggier, slouchier Russell Crowe as Bigby Wolfe.

The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby DennisMM on Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:22 pm

Some of these photos would be better with names attached, folks. Ginger: who is playing Jesus? Cassidy? Hoover? Quincannon? I'm not recognizing these people, though I likely know who they are.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby The Ginger Man on Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:22 pm

DennisMM wrote:Some of these photos would be better with names attached, folks. Ginger: who is playing Jesus? Cassidy? Hoover? Quincannon? I'm not recognizing these people, though I likely know who they are.

Fair enough, Dennis. I've gone back and added names to the pics. Enjoy!
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby Bob Samonkey on Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:36 pm

The Ginger Man wrote:
Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:Who would you guys see in Fable? I think that the first graphic novel could easily be made into a quirky who-done-it movie and do very well.

Hmmmm. Fable. Like Preacher, I think it would have to be an HBO series, if only b/c cutting it down to the first TPB (which I feel is the weakest) would be a disservice to the grander story the creators are trying to tell.

But, I like the idea of discussing the casting call. I will think more on this, and return!

Though Snow White is already cast in my mind. Jennifer Connelly. And I like the idea of a shaggier, slouchier Russell Crowe as Bigby Wolfe.

That actually is perfect. I could see it.
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby DennisMM on Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:47 pm

Thanks, Ginger. I didn't recognize Glover at all -- he looks there like a crazed Viggo Mortenson. And I've no idea who Adrian Lester is. Off to IMDb.

Ah, he's English. Can he do American?
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby The Ginger Man on Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:25 pm

DennisMM wrote:Thanks, Ginger. I didn't recognize Glover at all -- he looks there like a crazed Viggo Mortenson. And I've no idea who Adrian Lester is. Off to IMDb.

Ah, he's English. Can he do American?

Oh yeah! He's in Primary Colors. He's the character we follow through John Travolta's campaign. He's very good.
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby Nachokoolaid on Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:11 am

Yeah, whoever posted Oldman as Starr, I have thought of that casting many times. I still think I like Neeson better, because of his physical stature. In terms of acting, they're both great.

And what about Space and Gonny?

Space : Derek Luke ( I had originally wanted Jamie Foxx after seeing Ali, but then he got big and famous, and a little too old). Luke would kick ass, in my opinion, and this photo seals the deal.

Gonny: DJ Qualls

As far as John Custer goes, I say you cast whoever doesn't get the role of Jesse. In other words, Ledger or Matthew McCaughnehey (sp?) or whoever would fit.

And of course, The Duke has to be played by a digital double like they did in those Budweiser commericals about 10 years ago.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby The Ginger Man on Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:34 am

Here's some of my picks for Fables.

Prince Charming - Brad Pitt or a young Pierce Brosnan, depending on how you'd want to portray him.

Beauty and Beast - Renee Zellweger and Hugh Jackman

Jack Horner - Owen Wilson

Bluebeard - I can't help but think John Malkovich would be a good Bluebeard, but he's too small
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby Nachokoolaid on Mon May 22, 2006 2:34 am

I thought I'd give this thread a much needed BUMP since there's talk of doing PREACHER as an HBO series. I'm hoping for a Band of Brothers type of one shot series instead of a yearly type of thing like the Sopranos. I hope it happens, but I just wish I could be involved.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Chilli on Mon May 22, 2006 7:41 am

Vincent Cassell - Gambit.
Bison: [to his architect] The temple above us was the wonder of the ancient world. Bisonopolis shall be the wonder of my world. But I think the food court should be larger. All the big franchises will want in.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby SilentBobX on Mon May 22, 2006 8:32 am

I've only read a few issues of Preacher, never really took off for me, tho I was thinking of it the other day then notice the discussion here. How very odd indeed.........
SilentBobX
AIRWOLF

Postby King Psyz on Mon May 22, 2006 9:08 am

since the ol american x men might be in a holding pattern for a bit after last stand. lets see Excalibur, or Alpha Flight.

Captain Britain is William Regal

Psylocke is Zhang Ziyi

Moira McTaggert is Roma Downey

Banshee is Sean Bean

Black Tom Cassiday is Gary Oldman

Lockheed is Andy Serkis

I could go on and on (for characters that have already been cast in the x films keep em)
Last edited by King Psyz on Mon May 22, 2006 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby Chilli on Mon May 22, 2006 9:20 am

I...LASH at Sean Bean as Banshee. Awesome.
Bison: [to his architect] The temple above us was the wonder of the ancient world. Bisonopolis shall be the wonder of my world. But I think the food court should be larger. All the big franchises will want in.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby The_Comedian on Mon May 22, 2006 12:17 pm

Norman Reedus would make a decent Banshee
The_Comedian
GLIB

Postby Ju? on Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:44 pm

I'll start by posting who is either gonna play or rumored to play roles in upcoming movies.

ImageImage
Tyrese as Luke Cage
ImageImage
Heath Ledger as The Joker in The Dark Knight
ImageImage
Terrence Howard as James Rhodes in Iron Man & Diamondback in Luke Cage (Both in talks)
ImageImage
Bob Hoskins as The Penguin in The Dark Knight (In talks)
ImageImageImage
Ryan Reynolds as The Flash & Deadpool (Both rumors)
ImageImage
Ken Watanabe as Silver Samurai in Wolverine (Rumor)
ImageImage
Doug Jones as the Silver Surfer in Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (Rumor)
ImageImage
Angelina Jolie as Ava Lord in Sin City 2 (In talks)
Ju?
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Ju? on Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:50 pm

Who I'd like to see in X4:
ImageImage
Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as Apocalypse
ImageImage
Liam Neeson as Mr. Sinister
Ju?
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby ONeillSG1 on Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:59 pm

Nathan Fillion as Hal Jordan/Green Lantern

ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby Ju? on Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:20 am

Perhaps
Ju?
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby r8hitman on Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:07 pm

The Ginger Man wrote:It has occured to me in a moment of brilliance. There is only one actor with the correct mixture of looks, charm, manliness, and southern hospitality that is needed to play Jesse Custer. Matthew McCounaghey.

This should have been easy. Don't know why I never thought of it.

This guy would be a perfect Captain America. He would just need to put on a little bit more muscle and he'd be good to go.

But I dont know what shape he's in now but Jerry Reed back in the day could have made a good Banshee.....(or maybe Liam Neeson nowadays) and Eamonn Walker makes a perfect 'Bishop', Natalie Portman would have made a good Shadowcat, Vince Vaughn is a good Captain Marvel(D.C.) (he'd have to gain some muscle too), Bridget Fonda would make a pretty good White Queen, and Triple H would be a good Thor while Viggo Mortensen could play Donald Blake (the role that would require most of the actual acting.).

Just my .02
r8hitman
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Ju? on Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:13 pm

Like I said about Liam Neeson; He is Mr. Sinister.
Ju?
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby r8hitman on Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:17 pm

How about Ving Rhames?

Would he make a better Apocalypse or a better Mr. Sinister?
r8hitman
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Bob Samonkey on Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:30 pm

One of may fave threads is back!!!

Do you think if they make WE3 they will get famous people to voice the animals or keep it kinda machine like voices?
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Ju? on Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:03 pm

r8hitman wrote:How about Ving Rhames?

Neither. He'd make a great Panthro in Thundercats though.
Ju?
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby r8hitman on Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:00 pm

Ju? wrote:
r8hitman wrote:How about Ving Rhames?

Neither. He'd make a great Panthro in Thundercats though.

Maybe.

But I'd probably leave that honor to Ron Simmons.
r8hitman
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby r8hitman on Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:48 pm

Who would make a good Wonder Woman?
r8hitman
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby The Ginger Man on Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:12 pm

I think WW would be best as an unknown. IMO, she comes across in today's comics as a frigid, boring, bitch. And I can't think of an actress that fits the personality and physical description. Now it may sound like I'm bashing the character, but I honestly mean what I say. Not shitting on anyone who likes WW, but I just don't see her movie being very interesting, even if Joss Whedon is doing it.
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Books