DESIGN YOUR OWN DVD

Betamax and beyond

DESIGN YOUR OWN DVD

Postby WinslowLeach on Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:16 pm

Ever wanted to put out your own DVDs? Well heres the place you can design DVDs the way YOU would want them to be. Create your own virtual DVD company, tell us what kinds of films youd put out. Add cool special extras and features. Enjoy!
WinslowLeach
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:59 pm

They would all come with a candy bar and have a cartoon before the feature.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:16 pm

Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:They would all come with a candy bar and have a cartoon before the feature.

Butterfingers for the butterlicker, no?
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby thomasgaffney on Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:43 pm

I'd sell my DVDs with an extra feature, that if hot chicks were in the movie, you could hit a button and they would be naked for the whole flick. Any movies with Rosie O'Donnell, the button would remove her completely and replace her with a naked Jessica Alba.
find me: twitter and goodreads
find my book: amazon
thomasgaffney
a might unpredictable

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:58 pm

This idea is from Mark Leyner's "Et tu, Babe" but here it goes...

I want my DVD's of the future to be interactive video digital software so that you can put any actor into any film, i.e. it would enable you to take any movie and put say, Arnold Schwarzenegger in the lead role.

some of Leyner's examples include Arnie as Anne Frank in the diary of anne frank, as Ghandi, and playing both Cruise and Hoffman in Rain Man.

Too much fun.
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby WinslowLeach on Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:21 pm

One thing id like to do is have original movie poster art on the backs of all my DVD releases, so if you get the modernized air brushed lame type covers you can flip them over. It would be like a cool alternative cover.
WinslowLeach
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby docfalken on Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:24 pm

Wait another 10 years keepcool, we'll be able to put any of our favorite actors in those roles.

Oh yeah, and I'm pretty sure I said that was going to happen way before Leyner. I was dreaming about it in 6th grade.
docfalken
HAGGIS?!?!!?!!?!

Return to DVD / Blu-ray