THE ADVENTURES OF PETE AND PETE

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

THE ADVENTURES OF PETE AND PETE

Postby TonyWilson on Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:21 pm

From the shorts to the speaicals to the 3 seasons, nickelodeon's "The Adventure Of Pete And Pete" was surreal, hilarious, incrdibly poignant and melancholy, and almost humanist at times.

Great Pete and Pete Site

If you remember the show then I'd love to hear your comments and the like. No one I know has ever seen it.
I had cable pretty early amongst my friends so watched nickelodeon growing up. The only good show were this and "Are you afraid of the Dark".

Ah happy memories.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby John-Locke on Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:43 pm

Tony It's the same here, no one in England is aware of the brilliance. The Dancing Tatoo, Dad Obsessed with his lawn, Iggy Pop, Steve Buscemi. I wish more than a couple of episodes were available on DVD.

Now been to the site, forgot about loads of shit, Mom's metal plate, the cute girl that pete had a crush on, Papercut, Hunter S Thompson? I guess I didn't know him at the time to recognise him.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Brocktune on Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:16 pm

as long as this first set of dvds sells well, im sure you can expect the rest. that show was really well done. i remember seeing the older pete in a really bad trailer for what looked like a really bad flick for teens, and i thought to myself - i havent seen that dude since pete and pete. im planning on picking up the dvds myself.the other one that Nickelodeon is doing that im really waiting for is the "You Can't Do That On Television" set.
Laugh-in for canadian kids
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Ribbons on Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:15 pm

Somebody mentioned PETE & PETE! You kick ass. I loved this show when I watched it. Best episode? The one where... hmm... well, I can't describe it well, but the one with Big Pete getting a haircut and Bus Driver Stu (!!) getting stuck at a stoplight. And pizza was there! Mmm. Thank you for mentioning this show.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Bean on Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:24 pm

This was my favorite show when I was a kid. It is easily the best show ever aired on Nickelodian, I wish it was on DVD!

Oh man.. I checked that site out, IT IS ON DVD! I'm going to splurge my next paycheck on it!
Bean
AIRWOLF

Postby Quint on Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:17 am

I remember both shows fondly. Pete and Pete wasn't watched nearly as much as Eerie, Indiana (non Nick, granted) or You Can't Say That On Television. I remember always being excited and disappointed with Are You Afraid of the Dark, but then again I was spoiled by HBO and TALES FROM THE CRYPT...

Plus I loved both Monsters and Tales From the Darkside (remember the fuckin' creepy opening with the slow piano music and the bare trees? "Tales... From the Daaaaarrrrkkkk siiiiddddeee...")
Quint
AICN Crew

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:40 am

Mentioning Tales from the Darkside reminded me of that weird Friday the 13th series. That was a show I watched week after week while thinking the entire time, "What the fuck is the point of this whole thing?"
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:00 am

The Dino, he loved a the Friday the 13th series, eh? It was a pretty good, even a though the title was a something of a the misnomer, eh?

Any show that has a the credit "starring...Robey" has a to be a good!
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby thomasgaffney on Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:04 am

Despite having nothing to do with Jason, I still loved the Friday the 13th tv show. Wasn't the gimmick supposed to be them hunting Jason's hockey mask as the last relic they had to retrieve? And Robey was hot. Hey, I was 12 when the show was on...
find me: twitter and goodreads
find my book: amazon
thomasgaffney
a might unpredictable

Postby Bean on Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:06 am

Eerie, Indiana was a great show, remember the Bigfoot episode? They were so close..
Bean
AIRWOLF

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:08 am

I donna know about a the hockey mask, but I do remember how a the show got better as a she went along, eh? Kind of a like a the Highlander... inna the beginning, it was a just a the gimmick, but as a they sold a the show anna to new markets anna hadda to come uppa with a the new stories, they actually put a some thought inna to it, no?

Anna it hadda to be a the most interesting way to "kill off" a the Ryan's character when a he left a the show by a having him turn inna to a little kid, eh?
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby thomasgaffney on Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:11 am

I forgot about Ryan becoming a kid. Damn, Dino, you got a memory on you for someone your age. I did find this on imdb about the show:

"Reportedly, when the series was conceived, the last item that was supposed to be retrieved by the characters was a hockey mask which would undoubtedly have belonged to Jason, the killer in the films"
find me: twitter and goodreads
find my book: amazon
thomasgaffney
a might unpredictable

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:18 pm

Which character was Ryan? Was he that cute bearish guy who was in Kavik the Wolf Dog?
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Return to Coaxial