Official X-Men: The Last Stand Review Thread [SPOILERS!]

New movies! Old movies! B-movies! Discuss discuss discuss!!!

With 10 being the best and 1 being the worst, how would you rate X-Men: The Last Stand?

3%
3%
17%
23%
16%
10%
8%
6%
3%
4%
I will not be seeing this/I am waiting for DVD
5%

Total votes : 115

Postby Peven on Fri May 19, 2006 9:51 am

AtomicHyperbole wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:
AtomicHyperbole wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:
AtomicHyperbole wrote:Negative, although apparently they gave Spidey 2 a 2.5/5.
Positive.

I had another positive but I lost the damn link and can't find it.

The negative reviewers are clearly biased. :wink:

I really hope this movie surprises me...I have remained relatively spoiler free...I suppose being a life long CUBS fan has given me the ability to hold out hope in the most dire situations.

Oh, I didn't mention it to show bias. It's just that I'm really enjoyed Spidey 2 and know a lot of people here did, so therefore it just stands to reason to mention it seeing as how that's held in high regard.

Oh i know AH...just giving you a hard time (hence the wink). Communicating via EMOTICONS is tricky...things tend to get lost in translation.

I can be a cock, can't I?

you are what you eat.

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Fri May 19, 2006 9:56 am

I love chicken.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby unikrunk on Fri May 19, 2006 10:47 am

AtomicHyperbole wrote:I love chicken.

post whore.

/that is all
He can't' love you back...
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri May 19, 2006 12:24 pm

Peven wrote:
AtomicHyperbole wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:
AtomicHyperbole wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:
Positive.

I really hope this movie surprises me...I have remained relatively spoiler free...I suppose being a life long CUBS fan has given me the ability to hold out hope in the most dire situations.

Oh, I didn't mention it to show bias. It's just that I'm really enjoyed Spidey 2 and know a lot of people here did, so therefore it just stands to reason to mention it seeing as how that's held in high regard.

Oh i know AH...just giving you a hard time (hence the wink). Communicating via EMOTICONS is tricky...things tend to get lost in translation.

you are what you eat.

One of the best, cleverest jokes I've read here. I'm gonna use it. Did you make that up yourself Peven? it has a lot of potential.

I'm gonna go away and think about other things that someone can eat and what jokes can be made from it.

Oh, and X Men everybody!
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Peven on Fri May 19, 2006 12:51 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:
Peven wrote:
AtomicHyperbole wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:
AtomicHyperbole wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:
Positive.

you are what you eat.

One of the best, cleverest jokes I've read here. I'm gonna use it. Did you make that up yourself Peven? it has a lot of potential.

I'm gonna go away and think about other things that someone can eat and what jokes can be made from it.

Oh, and X Men everybody!

you're just bitter about the "chubby thighs" remark in the classik tv flick i made. :P :wink: :lol:

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri May 19, 2006 1:12 pm

Peven wrote:
Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:
Peven wrote:
AtomicHyperbole wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:
AtomicHyperbole wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:
Positive.

you are what you eat.

Oh, and X Men everybody!

you're just bitter about the "chubby thighs" remark in the classik tv flick i made. :P :wink: :lol:

I DID actually genuinely like it!
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby wheredidigo111 on Fri May 19, 2006 8:22 pm

Well it may be ture that comic book movie hit it 3rd movie it dies a slow death. Let's face it Batman Forever and Batman & Robin sukes so bad that no one is buying it's videos. Some say Superman died after Superman III killed it as some say it was Superman IV: The Quest for Peace that did it in. But others are saying that Spider-Man 3 may break that curs. It still as Sam Raimi in it. And I'm been heaing nothing but good thing about it. So all I can do is keep my hop up untel Spider-Man 3 comes out.
wheredidigo111
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri May 19, 2006 8:31 pm

It's hard for anything to do a hat trick isn't it? How many franchises got it 3 times in a row?

It's pretty un-fucking- likely (Thanks Singer for betraying the X Men just 'cos someone dangled bloody Superman under your nose just like that, which will probably not be that worth it, as it may not be that good either) that X Men 3 will be 3 strike hit too, just gotta cross our fingers and hope that it's just good enough to be passably satisfying.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Adam Balm on Fri May 19, 2006 8:33 pm

wheredidigo111 wrote:Well it may be ture that comic book movie hit it 3rd movie it dies a slow death. Let's face it Batman Forever and Batman & Robin sukes so bad that no one is buying it's videos. Some say Superman died after Superman III killed it as some say it was Superman IV: The Quest for Peace that did it in. But others are saying that Spider-Man 3 may break that curs. It still as Sam Raimi in it. And I'm been heaing nothing but good thing about it. So all I can do is keep my hop up untel Spider-Man 3 comes out.

I still can't believe that anyone can think Superman IV is even REMOTELY in the same universe as how bad III was...
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TonyWilson on Fri May 19, 2006 8:51 pm

Adam Balm wrote:
wheredidigo111 wrote:Well it may be ture that comic book movie hit it 3rd movie it dies a slow death. Let's face it Batman Forever and Batman & Robin sukes so bad that no one is buying it's videos. Some say Superman died after Superman III killed it as some say it was Superman IV: The Quest for Peace that did it in. But others are saying that Spider-Man 3 may break that curs. It still as Sam Raimi in it. And I'm been heaing nothing but good thing about it. So all I can do is keep my hop up untel Spider-Man 3 comes out.

I still can't believe that anyone can think Superman IV is even REMOTELY in the same universe as how bad III was...

I don't mind 3 actually. 4 is kinda boring and although it's not as uneven as 3 it's attempt at being relevant is a bit shit.

3 wins out mainly for the evil Supes/Junkyard fight. And seeing as I watched it first when I was about 5 Richard Pryor is bearable nowadays.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby wheredidigo111 on Fri May 19, 2006 8:57 pm

Adam Balm wrote:I still can't believe that anyone can think Superman IV is even REMOTELY in the same universe as how bad III was...

That's not what I was trying to say. Frist of all Superman III did suck. But did Superman IV. It doesn't matter if III was worse then IV Becoues they both suck.

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:It's hard for anything to do a hat trick isn't it? How many franchises got it 3 times in a row?

It's pretty un-fucking- likely (Thanks Singer for betraying the X Men just 'cos someone dangled bloody Superman under your nose just like that, which will probably not be that worth it, as it may not be that good either) that X Men 3 will be 3 strike hit too, just gotta cross our fingers and hope that it's just good enough to be passably satisfying.

Well you have a pont. Like none comic book franchises like Back to the Future where part 1 was good part 2 almost blow But I realy liked part 3. And let's not forget The Lord of the Rings franchises. Hell all three kicked ass. I never read the book but I know what I liked. Then Star Wars well I liked them all and Star Trek to. Well part 1 and 5 sucked and so did Nemesis. But part 2 and 3 realy did save that franchises from doom.
wheredidigo111
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Chairman Kaga on Fri May 19, 2006 9:36 pm

Adam Balm wrote:

You are kidding right? They are both atrocious. Richard Pryor skiing down the side of a sky scraper vs. Lois Lane's dentures falling out....not really much of a choice between awful Superman films.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby brabs on Sat May 20, 2006 1:37 am

I watched Superman 3 a few nights ago and IT FUCKING STANK TO HIGH HEAVEN! Good God I havent watched a film that bad for a long time.

I can't bring myself to watch Quest For Peace now, but from what I remember of that one I don't think I'll be missing much.

As for X3, bring it on. I'm quite looking forward to it. Hurry up Thursday!
brabs
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby wheredidigo111 on Sat May 20, 2006 1:54 am

brabs wrote:As for X3, bring it on. I'm quite looking forward to it. Hurry up Thursday!

You mean Friday? The 26 is a Friday. The opening of the movie in on a Friday. But Thursday is when Sci-Fi Channel will show yet another clip.
Last edited by wheredidigo111 on Sat May 20, 2006 1:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
wheredidigo111
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Seppuku on Sat May 20, 2006 1:57 am

wheredidigo111 wrote:
brabs wrote:As for X3, bring it on. I'm quite looking forward to it. Hurry up Thursday!

You mean Friday? The 26 the opening b=day of the movie in on a Friday. But Thursday is when Sci-Fi Channel will show yet another clip.

I don't know about you U.S. Zoners, but don't the cinemas open up the doors for new releases on Thursdays there as well? Sure, everybody acts like it came out on a Friday. I hear the reason for this is because the studios want to give the impression that they've roped-in a bigger weekend take, because Thursday openings count towards that as well.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby Chairman Kaga on Sat May 20, 2006 2:06 am

seppukudkurosawa wrote:
wheredidigo111 wrote:

You mean Friday? The 26 the opening b=day of the movie in on a Friday. But Thursday is when Sci-Fi Channel will show yet another clip.

I don't know about you U.S. Zoners, but don't the cinemas open up the doors for new releases on Thursdays there as well? Sure, everybody acts like it came out on a Friday. I hear the reason for this is because the studios want to give the impression that they've roped-in a bigger weekend take, because Thursday openings count towards that as well.

Sometimes there are late night showings or 12:01 am Friday showings which is essentially Thursday night except not in the technical sense....It depends.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Sat May 20, 2006 2:31 am

Chairman Kaga wrote:
seppukudkurosawa wrote:
wheredidigo111 wrote:

Sometimes there are late night showings or 12:01 am Friday showings which is essentially Thursday night except not in the technical sense....It depends.

round me they recently switched from 12:01am Friday to 10:00pm Thursday.
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TonyWilson on Sat May 20, 2006 4:42 am

We ALWAYS have the big movies opening on Thursdays, and not midnight showings either. I much prefer it because the cinema is usually pretty empty (even for Sith it was only half full) and I can sit there with a super fucking smug grin on my face the next morning at work.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson

Postby DennisMM on Sat May 20, 2006 4:44 am

Adam Balm wrote:I still can't believe that anyone can think Superman IV is even REMOTELY in the same universe as how bad III was...

IV has all kinds of problems III does not, but III is largely a train wreck. I can think of only two fine bits in III, and those are the junkyard fight between nasty Superman and cleancut Clark and the early scenes with Lana, who is played beautifully by Annette O'Toole.
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby MasterWhedon on Sun May 21, 2006 4:56 pm

"Yes, it’s true. Brett Ratner has stuck the landing."

MORIARTY'S POSITIVE REVIEW IS UP HERE!!!

See, folks, it's like I said all along...
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Adam Balm on Sun May 21, 2006 5:00 pm

Wait...aren't you dead?
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Sun May 21, 2006 5:28 pm

ADAAAAAAAAM! Ssshh!
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby RogueScribner on Mon May 22, 2006 3:56 am

Mori's review gives me hope. If a few more people can chime in with comments like that, I might just see this movie in the theater.
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Mon May 22, 2006 6:33 am

Gives me hope too. Though I still haven't heard any reviews that give any indication that the story really has been served well, and the ethical implications of the this 'cure' for 'freaks' or 'feared people' have been talked about thoroughly in this movie.

I wanna see the 'cure' issue really explored in this film, the whole thing about conforming to prejudice, everythign about it. From what I've heard it doesn't seem done deeply enough.

Anyway guys, don't mean to sound too cliched here, but don't let reviews decide wther you're gonna see or like this film or not. You all know to just keep an open mind and let other factors make this mind up for you.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby wheredidigo111 on Mon May 22, 2006 8:40 am

RogueScribner wrote:Mori's review gives me hope. If a few more people can chime in with comments like that, I might just see this movie in the theater.

Sorry. But one good review out of so many negative ones just isn't going to cut it for me. And beside's a cure? Man I want the Phoenix Saga not some dam cure. That's just bull.
wheredidigo111
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Mon May 22, 2006 8:42 am

I'm pretty sure there's more positives than negatives at the moment...
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MasterWhedon on Mon May 22, 2006 10:12 am

Finally, the big reviews are rolling in. Here are the Hollywood Reporter and Daily Variety, both negative:

Michael Rechtshaffen, Hollywood Reporter wrote:Not exactly going out with a whimper, "X-Men: The Last Stand," the closing installment of the commercially and critically successful Marvel movie franchise, still fails to generate the satisfying bang created by the first and, particularly, the second edition.

With creative force Bryan Singer having vacated the X-Men universe for the highly anticipated "Superman Returns," Brett Ratner has taken the reins, and though the picture is not without its wow-inducing, SFX-driven moments, that potent X-factor is considerably diminished in Singer's absence.

Arriving Friday on the heels of tonight's splashy Cannes premiere, the film should still enjoy an X-cellent opening weekend, but less assured is its ability to scale the $214.8 million-grossing heights of 2003's "X2: X-Men United."

The gang's pretty much all here for the purported final go-round, which sees the makings of a virtual mutant civil war ignited by the introduction of a pharmaceutical cure for their afflictions/attributes.

That promise of conformity offered by the crusading Warren Worthington Sr. (Michael Murphy) further alienates the mutant society with its double-edged ramifications.

Unsurprisingly, the "cure" triggers a sociological showdown between the ever-tolerant Charles Xavier (Patrick Stewart) and the mercurial Magneto (Ian McKellen), who vows to obliterate both the remedy and its adherents, human and mutant alike.

Meanwhile, on a more local level, Logan, aka Wolverine (Hugh Jackman), is thrown for an emotional loop when the extremely telepathic Jean Grey (Famke Janssen) emerges from what was believed to have been her watery grave with her powers notably undiluted.

But while the setup, with its underlying themes of sexual identity and alienation more pronounced than ever, is intriguing enough, "Last Stand" is more concerned about getting to the next special effects sequence than it is about tapping into those relevant undercurrents.

Sticking mainly to the surface, Ratner, who came on board after the hasty departure of "Layer Cake" director Matthew Vaughn, keeps things moving swiftly enough, but his writing team (Singer took previous "X-Men" scribes Michael Dougherty and Dan Harris to the "Superman" movie) -- including Simon Kinberg ("Mr. & Mrs. Smith") and Zak Penn -- fails to nail the requisite tone.

So while Jackman, Janssen, McKellen, Stewart, Halle Berry's Storm, Rebecca Romijn's Mystique, as well as newcomer Kelsey Grammer's hairy, blue-tinged Dr. Henry McCoy/Beast are all in fine fighting form, their superpowers ultimately are rendered useless in the face of some ultradumb dialogue that truly misses the "X-Men" mark.

Visual effects supervisor John Bruno, meanwhile, doesn't disappoint with some franchise-worthy set pieces -- among them a dramatic repositioning of the Golden Gate Bridge and a rather extreme makeover of Grey's suburban home -- that are worthy of the Marvel moniker.

Justin Chang, Daily Variety wrote:The third time's not the charm in "X-Men: The Last Stand." Taking over the reins from Bryan SingerBryan Singer, helmer Brett RatnerBrett Ratner delivers a wham-bam sequel noticeably lacking in the pop Punky Power, moody atmospherics and emotional weight that made the first two Marvel comicbook adaptations so rousingly successful. Robust action, the usual top-of-the-line visual effects and massive fan-ticipation worldwide all but guarantee a super-powered opening when 20th Century Fox releases the pic May 26, though less-than-Marvelous repeat bizbiz means "Stand's" legs may fall short of the $405 million grossed internationally by "X2: X-Men United." Ancillary biz will be appreciably huge.

Taken as a trilogy (despite the door being left open, inevitably, for an "X4"), the "X-Men""X-Men" pics most closely resemble the original "Star Wars" movies in their qualitative trajectory. Just as the second film in each instance repped a substantial elaboration of its predecessor's storytelling, visual richness and thematic depth, so "X-Men: The Last Stand" suffers from the same coarsened writing, diminished imagination and occasional bursts of self-parody that plagued "Return of the Jedi."

The result, though it delivers only in fits and starts, is still sharper and more inventive than most comicbook-adapted fare, and eventually gets the job done as far as action buffs are concerned. But don't expect pic to win any new converts or satiate those fans for whom the pleasures of the franchise went beyond the purely visceral.

That's a shame, considering the tale cooked up by scribes Zak PennZak Penn (who collaborated on "X2""X2") and Simon KinbergSimon Kinberg, plus the portentous title, will have viewers stoked for the most cataclysmic showdown yet between mankind and mutantkind.

Equipped with powers as thrilling to behold as they are potentially destructive, the mutant race is once again divided into two factions led, respectively, by the wise, wheelchair-bound Professor Charles Xavier (Patrick StewartPatrick Stewart) and megalomaniacal, metal-controlling Magneto (Ian McKellenIan McKellen).

Story opens 20 years before the events of the previous film, when both men, then allies, paid a visit to a young girl named Jean Grey (Haley Ramm) and persuaded her to harness her staggering telekinetic ability.Pic then returns to the present-day setting of Professor Xavier's elite school for mutants, with lupine Logan, or Wolverine (Hugh JackmanHugh Jackman, as testosterone-driven as ever), and weather girl Storm (Halle BerryHalle Berry) serving as second in command. Scott Summers, aka Cyclops (James MarsdenJames Marsden), has been broody and out of sorts since the supposed death of girlfriend Jean (Famke JanssenFamke Janssen) at the end of "X2."

Dialogue early on betrays a weakness for expository quips ("Not everyone heals as fast as you, Logan"), while the poignant quandary of Rogue (Anna Paquin), who can't touch b.f.b.f. Iceman (Shawn Ashmore) without sapping his life force, here plays more like adolescent soap operasoap opera.

Meanwhile, all is not quiet on the mutant front, thanks to the recent invention of an antibody that suppresses the "X gene," thus rendering explicit the previous pic's subtext equating mutation with homosexuality. Magneto responds by mobilizing a mutant army to terrorize the public until the so-called "cure""Cure" is destroyed.

Situation grows even more complicated with the sudden reappearance of Jean, seemingly alive and well. Yet sinister psychic undercurrents lead Professor Xavier to believe Jean (chillingly played by Janssen) is in fact possessed by her fiery and ultra-powerful alter ego, Phoenix. This strand of the story -- necessarily but disappointingly watered down from the comicbook's darkly compelling Phoenix saga -- should have purists in a lather.

Where Singer brought a lingering resonance to even the series' quietest moments, Ratner seems primarily concerned with breadth and speed. (At 105 minutes, pic is a half hour shorter than its predecessor.) There's a rushed, disorganized feel to the narrative, which drops and picks up subplots at random, and has no compunction about bumping off veteran characters while introducing a host of new ones.

Most important addition to the X-Men's ranks is the peaceable Dr. Hank McCoy, aka Beast (a blue-furred Kelsey GrammerKelsey Grammer), whose physical actions are almost as nimble as his intellect. Perhaps the prominence of this blue giant explains why Mystique, the similarly hued shape-shifter played by Rebecca Romijn, gets so little attention this time around.

Past complaints that the series boasts too many personalities to be accommodated within a barely two-hour feature are right on the money here, with the proliferation of new mutants like Angel (Ben FosterBen Foster, beautiful enough to give Emma ThompsonEmma Thompson a run for her halo) and Jimmy (Cameron Bright), a boy with the ability to dispel mutant powers.

Only during the climax, a huge faceoff staged at Alcatraz, does pic begin to get an inventive groove on, wittily exploiting the mutants' various powers and playing them against each other. Yet even here the film feels at a loss to convey that anything truly momentous is at stake.

Visual effects supervisor John Bruno and stunt coordinators Wade Eastwood and Mike MitchellMike Mitchell keep the action at a reasonably high level, though without rivaling the digital polish or martial energy of "X2." Similarly, Dante Spinotti's widescreen cinematography and overall look seem brighter and flatter than their previous incarnations. Print screened at Cannes was intermittently out of focus.

This has an early 60% at RottenTomatoes.com.

EDIT: I just noticed "...noticeably lacking in the pop Punky Power..." How awesome is that?
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Mon May 22, 2006 11:07 am

...like adolescent soap operasoap opera.

Indeedy. :D
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TonyWilson on Mon May 22, 2006 11:32 am

Why are words repeated twice in that last review? It's very annoying.
TonyWilson

Postby MasterWhedon on Mon May 22, 2006 11:39 am

thomasgaffney wrote:
TonyWilson wrote:Why are words repeated twice in that last review? It's very annoying.

The actor's name and movies titles were probably links in the original Variety story. That douchebag, MW, just did a copy and paste and it pasted the links right after the names (Ian McKellenIan McKellen)......

GaffneyGaffney, lick my ballsballs.

Yes, it happens all the time with the Variety reviews. I should fix it, but I just don't care about you all that much.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Mon May 22, 2006 12:04 pm

Ah, how sweet is love when it is denied.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Mon May 22, 2006 12:25 pm

Although although these these reviews reviews are are somewhat
somewhat less less than than inspiring inspiring, I I still still have have
hope hope that that X3 X3 will will still still be be a a fun fun movie movie.
Besides besides, it it features features Ellen Page Ellen Page as as Kitty
Pryde Kitty Pryde which which I I feel feel is is a a perfect perfect
choice choice; Ellen Page Ellen Page is is the the new new Natalie Portman
Natalie Portman only only more more talented talented (seriously seriously,
if if you you get get a a chance chance, go go see see Hard Candy Hard
Candy
; Ms. Page's Ms. Page's performance performance in in that that
film film is is nothing nothing short short of of brilliant brilliant.
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby MasterWhedon on Mon May 22, 2006 12:29 pm

ZombieZoneSolutions wrote:Although although these these reviews reviews are are somewhat
Candy

That reminds me of this:

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.

The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Mon May 22, 2006 12:34 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:
ZombieZoneSolutio ns wrote:Although although these these reviews reviews are are somewhat
Candy

That reminds me of this:

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.

The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

Ha ha! Yeah, I saw that before, its amazing that it works! I'm going to
write an entire novel like that someday; okay, a short story.
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Mon May 22, 2006 1:07 pm

Hloy cppra, the Dnio, he dnona konw waht inna the hlel taht eevn syas, eh? Iffa one of a you ptzeus can a tanrstlae taht a for me, I gnona to arpepiacte it, no?

Iffa olny I hdada the barn mfufin tdaoy...
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby MasterWhedon on Mon May 22, 2006 1:13 pm

DinoDeLaurentiis wrote:Hloy cppra, the Dnio, he dnona konw waht inna the hlel taht eevn syas, eh? Iffa one of a you ptzeus can a tanrstlae taht a for me, I gnona to arpepiacte it, no?

Iffa olny I hdada the barn mfufin tdaoy...

People complain enough about your accent as is...

This will get you excommunicated.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Tue May 23, 2006 6:13 am

AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Tue May 23, 2006 6:20 am

Total Films review of Brett Ratner... er... I mean... The Last Stand.

It’s a shame, because Simon Kinberg and Zak Penn have delivered a script that snatches the baton from X2 to dive deep into the comics’ mythology.

Umm...
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tfactor on Tue May 23, 2006 12:26 pm

is anyone else going to a sneak peek of this movie this week?

My brother got me an early birthday present yesterday - two tickets for 12:01am Wednesday night sneak peek of X-men: the last stand. I would have scanned a picture of the tickets because they are so damn pretty but apparently something chewed thru the power cable for my scanner/printer/expensive paper weight.

Anyway is anyone else going to a sneak peek?
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Tue May 23, 2006 1:07 pm

Please photo them before you jizz on them, though...
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Al Shut on Tue May 23, 2006 1:21 pm

"What would Mystique do?" should become a new catchphrase. Perfectly suitable for all situations.
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Tue May 23, 2006 5:52 pm

44% at Rotten Tomatoes, with 9 reviews. Ooouuuch!!!

I wonder if the suspect 30ish minutes shorterness of X3 to X2 contained a lot of the emotional, character, ethical discussion part of the story that many people are complaining about not seeing here.

I hope it's not so. Who's decision was the running time? Ratner's? The Studio? Why is this film so short? Why is the ROTS Space Battle so short? Why is my cock so...

sought after by those crazy 8 foot tall crappy stubbled up Saarf Efrikens on this Trial?
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby MasterWhedon on Tue May 23, 2006 5:53 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:44% at Rotten Tomatoes, with 9 reviews. Ooouuuch!!!

Yeah, I noticed that. It's early yet. My bet is high 50s, low 60s come Friday.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Tue May 23, 2006 5:56 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:
Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:44% at Rotten Tomatoes, with 9 reviews. Ooouuuch!!!

Yeah, I noticed that. It's early yet. My bet is high 50s, low 60s come Friday.

It ain't looking good at the moment. Oh well, don't let reviews make your minds up one way or the other people. Keep an open mind. Hopefully we'll like it.

A lot.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby rob_merritt on Tue May 23, 2006 6:58 pm

Its possible that people just want to hate this movie no matter what this film is likely to get more bad reviews than good.. Plus there is a bit of burn out from Super hero movies.
rob_merritt
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby The Ginger Man on Tue May 23, 2006 7:00 pm

rob_merritt wrote:Its possible that people just want to hate this movie no matter what this film is likely to get more bad reviews than good.. Plus there is a bit of burn out from Super hero movies.

Where's Peven? :wink:
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby rob_merritt on Tue May 23, 2006 7:03 pm

The Ginger Man wrote:
rob_merritt wrote:Its possible that people just want to hate this movie no matter what this film is likely to get more bad reviews than good.. Plus there is a bit of burn out from Super hero movies.

Where's Peven? :wink:

I don't get it.
rob_merritt
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby MasterWhedon on Tue May 23, 2006 9:19 pm

There's a fan-wankishly positive review from over at Newsarama. He says it's up there with Batman Begins. (Mild SPOILER warning.)
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Chairman Kaga on Tue May 23, 2006 9:25 pm

Does anyone know the after the credits spoiler scene?
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MasterWhedon on Tue May 23, 2006 9:28 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:Does anyone know the after the credits spoiler scene?

No, but in the TB for Mori's review, he claims it's one of the three things Shermdawg posts here:

Oh btw, Mori, how about spoiling the...
by Shermdawg May 21st, 2006
04:02:27 AM CST
ultra secret scene after the credits. Is it Scott waking up in a hospital going crazy? Is it Moira visiting someone who sounds like Patrick Stewart? Or is it the rumored Hujh Jackman song and dance number? Please tell!!!

My money is on that they devised a way for either Scott or Xavier to return.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Discussion