Anybody got any info on this new Exorcist box?

Betamax and beyond

Anybody got any info on this new Exorcist box?

Postby Theta on Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:37 am

So in October, Warners is putting out a HUGE Exorcist box. Original and Extended versions of the first one, Schrader and Harlin versions of "Dominion", plus the second and third ones.

But I can't find any info on the damn thing other than release date. Does anybody have any word?

Basically, if they're all remastered and the box is reasonably priced, then I'll pick it up. There are three good movies on there, which balance out the two really shit ones. But if this is just tossing all the old discs into a box to get them out of the warehouse, fuck that, I'll hang onto my copies of the original and III.
This comment is in no way meant to insist your opinion is wrong or be considered an edict, solely this poster's opinion. That said, you are still a fool and will kneel before me in supplication.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:17 pm

Does it come with a can of pea soup?
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby John-Locke on Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:40 pm

It would be super sweet if we finally got the directors cut of part 3, thats my favourite of the lot.

You said there are 3 good films in there, whats the third one? I thought Harlins one was better than Schraders but it was still shit, you don't like the second one do you?
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby silentbobafett on Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:22 am

Schraders Dominion, despite a kick ass title, didn't live up to its hype. It was still a poor film. Ithoguht it was rather boringly shot as well! I had such hopes!i I've got Harlins at home now to compare. BUt Shraders did have rays of hope at times but how can someone fuck a promising prequel like that so bad? Not one person did fuck it up though : TWO PEOPLE!

fuckers.... :-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby The Vicar on Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:15 pm

John-Locke wrote:It would be super sweet if we finally got the directors cut of part 3, thats my favourite of the lot.

Glad to hear someone else say that out loud.
I thought EX III was outstanding.
The first time I watched it with headphones on I was caught by the use of sound, subtlety and atmosphere.
Some of the best work George C. Scott delivered late in his career.
Nice work from Dourif & Miller.

A director's cut would be uber sweet indeed.
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby Wounded Warsong on Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:53 am

Schrader's film is one of my favorite horror films ever. It may be a boring picture to a lot of people, but the slowness of it all was what made it eerie for me, and it was never too "in-your-face." Also the portrayal of the devil is far and away one of my favorites.

Oh, and Exorcist III still has one of the scariest scenes of all time. For those of you that have seen it, it's not a very difficult guess.
Wounded Warsong
GLIB

Return to DVD / Blu-ray