80's Comedy Face-off - Round Five: Bill Murray

Discuss all the finest actors, living or dead -- their films, their talents, and their weird, drug-related escapades.

Hey Doc, I Gopher ('go for'...see what I did?)

Caddyshack
9%
Loose Shoes
No votes
Stripes
9%
Ghostbusters
65%
Nothing Lasts Forever
No votes
Scrooged
16%
Ghostbusters II
No votes

Total votes : 43

Postby Doc Holliday on Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:27 am

Another day, another contender. Murray is another of those whose cameo work would more than likely double the given poll. Its another grey area folks - but its a subjective thread, so in the end I've decided that yes, CADDYSHACK should be included (considering for most people his is the comedy turn that outshines all others in that film); but no, don't bother looking for LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS. Yes, he was frickin funny in that - but given his other work in the 80's I'm hoping we can do better than remember/celebrate him for effectively just one scene.

For me its a straight fight between GHOSTBUSTERS and SCROOGED - and its a fight that's going the whole distance. SCROOGED is an all-time personal fave - from the opening salvo of Lee Majors saving Xmas (You've been a good boy this year) through to the closing credits, the film just delivers non-stop. And despite strong support (Michael J Pollard and in particular Bobcat Goldthwaite) I give credit to Murray for raising this film above more ordinary fare of a similar ilk.

"Niagara Falls"

But if I take myself back to when the films were released, I have to go with GHOSTBUSTERS - I thought that film was fucking ace when it came out - an I don't see much reason to downscale that opinion. From the tinkling on the piano (They hate this) to the PWN-ing of Walter Peck (Yes, its true, this man has no dick) GHOSTBUSTERS pretty much has me laughing from start to finish.

But what say YOU, fellow Zoners and Zonettes?
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:31 am

I've got a pretty good idea who I'm gonna vote for on this one.... I'd really like to hear from anyone who has seen Nothing Lasts Forever.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby thebostonlocksmith on Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:31 am

I really can't choose. I love Bill Murray too much...
thebostonlocksmith
AIRWOLF

Postby WinslowLeach on Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:34 am

I went with Stripes. I love that movie more than the others.
WinslowLeach
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby John-Locke on Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:43 am

"And the flowers are still standing"

"Yes it's true, this man has no dick"

"This Mr. Stay Puft's okay, he's a sailor, he's in New York, we get this guy laid we won't have any trouble"

Nuff said.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby MonkeyM666 on Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:48 am

Scrooged was my pick... but it's a hard lineup to choose from. They're all great... even Ghostbusters II!
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:48 am

Now this is more like it. At last.... Bill Murray. I was and still am such a big fan of the big guy, that I actually channelled Bill Murray as part of my personality when I was younger and did try to be like him and develop his snese of humour into myself. I used it for a while, all the time when I was chatting up girls, and you know what? It worked a lot. OK, it worked a lot in that it actually did make me become funnier.

Anyway, enough about that. Bill Murray for me, is pretty much duking it out with Steve Martin as who is the funniest comedy actor of the 80sish period. I dunno how Murray does it, sometimes just by looking at his face I end up pissing myself. It's like he's not even trying a lot of the time either.

I'm gonna go and say that Scrooged is pretty much my favourite comedy performance that he did. It was probably the funniest piece of 80s acting that he did, but it also is his greatest stretch in that he had to carry the film, but even moreso, be loud and explosive, the most extrovertive and insace, the Wild and Crazy Guy more than ever before. Plus he had to do this, balancing a characterisation that went from dark, unnlikeable and nasty, to sentimental and sensitive.

An underrated role and movie, this was criticised for it's unevenness and switch between the softer moments of the film to the louder and darker moods that it had, but that is what I think makes it work so well. Again, that is life and that is what people are like. Plus Murray's schizophrenia is what makes his madness and makes him such a riot.

The best moment in this film? The bit that really proved that this guy was a real damn fine comedy actor is the bit at the dinner table where he is expecting the first ghost and he sees that eye in the cup. In this whole scene he keeps on going from loud to subtle and articulate, sreaming mad terror to complete quiet confusion, and what I love the most is that when he is in his quiet moments and not saying anything, he is doing the most intricate and detailed acting wiht his face, all his little mannerisms and ticks creating such a large and loud effect on me, that had me roaring with laughter. It's all those facial and eye movements (check out the bit where he tries to get Robert Mitchum and the waiter to look at the eye in the glass, just by using his own eyes!) that made me realise that this guy weren't just some madman who had great lines to say, wether his or not, but that he really was using himself to really channel a real comedy performance in the most exact and spot on target ways.

I know it's just one role and film taht I'm talking about here, but I got so much to say on this guy, I'll leave all hsi other stuff to later.
Last edited by Cpt Kirks 2pay on Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby tapehead on Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:48 am

For four years in the eighties, after Ghostbuster was a big hit, and 'The Razor's Edge' was a big flop, Bill Murray stopped making movies. The one film he did appear in over this time was just a few days work for a cameo. This was the musical 'Little Shop of Horrors'. Obviously it's not really up for consideration here, but those few short scenes he has as a masochist patient with Steve Martin's sadistic dentist are so funny, I can't even tell you, you have to go watch it. It's one of the few musicals that I really, really love as well (Martin is killer in it, too).
Last edited by tapehead on Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby so sorry on Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:51 am

I placed a strong vote for Stripes.

I like Scrooged alot, but its a seasonal movie for me.

Caddyshack is great, but its more of an ensemble-comedy.

Bill Murray (back then) was the quintesential(sp?) smart-ass straight faced dick, and no movie showcased this talent better than Stripes.

And THAT'S THE FACT, JACK!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Doc Holliday on Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:53 am

tapehead wrote:For four years in the eighties, after Ghostbuster was a big hit, and 'The Razor's Edge' was a big flop, Bill Murray stopped making movies. The one film he did appear in was just a few days work for a cameo. This was the musical 'Little Shop of Horrors'. Obviously it's not really up for consideration here, but those few short scenes he has as a masochist patient with Steve Martin's sadistic dentist are so funny, I can't even tell you, you have to go watch it. It's one of the few musicals that I really, really love as well (Martin is killer in it, too).

Oh agreed - for me LSOH is all about Murray/Martin - the rest of the film can pretty much Go Fish, with the exception of the "Feed me Seymour. Feed me. FEED ME NOW!" musical number.
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby The Thin Man on Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:54 am

I'll grant you that scrooged had it's moments but how can you not vote for Ghostbusters? It is possibly one of the greatest comedy films ever made. If anyone votes for any of the other films I will personally go round to their house and give them a lecture on why this is such a great film. With a baseball bat.
Schindler and I are like peas in a pod. We both made shells for the Germans, it's just that mine worked!
The Thin Man
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby HollywoodBabylon on Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:55 am

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:Now this is more like it. At last.... Bill Murray. I was and still am such a big fan of the big guy, that I actually channelled Bill Murray as part of my personality when I was younger and did try to be like him and develop his snese of humour into myself. I used it for a while, all the time when I was chatting up girls, and you know what? It worked a lot. OK, it worked a lot in that it actually did make me become funnier.

Anyway, enough about that. Bill Murray for me, is pretty much duking it out with Steve Martin as who is the funniest comedy actor of the 80sish period. I dunno how Murray does it, sometimes just by looking at his face I end up pissing myself. It's like he's not even trying a lot of the time either.

I'm gonna go and say that Scrooged is pretty much my favourite comedy performance that he did. It was probably the funniest piece of 80s acting that he did, but it also is his greatest stretch in that he had to carry the film, but even moreso, be loud and explosive, the most extrovertive and insace, the Wild and Crazy Guy more than ever before. Plus he had to do this, balancing a characterisation that went from dark, unnlikeable and nasty, to sentimental and sensitive.

An underrated role and movie, this was criticised for it's unevenness and switch between the softer moments of the film to the louder and darker moods that it had, but that is what I think makes it work so well. Again, that is life and that is what people are like. Plus Murray's schizophrenia is what makes his madness and makes him such a riot.

The best moment in this film? The bit that really proved that this guy was a real damn fine comedy actor is the bit at the dinner table where he is expecting the first ghost and he sees that eye in the cup. In this whole scene he keeps on going from loud to subtle and articulate, sreaming mad terror to complete quiet confusion, and what I love the most is that when he is in his quiet moments and not saying anything, he is doing the most intricate and detailed acting wiht his face, all his little mannerisms and ticks creating such a large and loud effect on me, that had me roaring with laughter. It's all those facial and eye movements (check out the bit where he tries to get Robert Mitchum and the waiter to look at the eye in the glass, just by using his own eyes!) that made me realise that this guy weren't just some madman who had great lines to say, wether his or not, but that he really was using himself to really channel a real comedy performance in the most exact and spot on target ways.

I know it's just one role and film taht I'm talking about here, but I got so much to say on this guy, I'll leave all hsi other stuff to later.

Can't add much to that, Kirk. You said it all really. Murray is the pick of the crop for me out of all the candidates and I love Scrooged.
HollywoodBabylon
AIRWOLF

Postby Doc Holliday on Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:56 am

Sensing Kirk is about to post, he braces himself for bouts of abuse and ridicule before his peers.......

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:Now this is more like it.

*speechless*

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:At last.... Bill Murray. I was and still am such a big fan of the big guy, that I actually channelled Bill Murray as part of my personality when I was younger and did try to be like him and develop his snese of humour into myself. I used it for a while, all the time when I was chatting up girls, and you know what? It worked a lot. OK, it worked a lot in that it actually did make me become funnier.

I just want to say - that's one of the best posts I've read, from you or anyone, in months.
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:59 am

It's also bizarre to think that for almost half of the decade he wasn't making any movies, and yet there's still all these very memorable performances. I'm going to argue why I think Caddyshack should win this - how I think Murray learned from his work in Meatballs and Where the Buffalo Roam and did something really special with Carl Spackler...soon. Hey Doc, why isn't Tootsie on this list? I suppose it is a supporting role, but he's the best thing in it by miles - dude could take a supporting role and go all subtle and just get everything out of it.
Last edited by tapehead on Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby MonkeyM666 on Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:59 am

The Thin Man wrote:I'll grant you that scrooged had it's moments but how can you not vote for Ghostbusters? It is possibly one of the greatest comedy films ever made. If anyone votes for any of the other films I will personally go round to their house and give them a lecture on why this is such a great film. With a baseball bat.

Really? I voted for Scrooged... wadda ya going to do?? :P :)

Great post there Kirk... really banged it on the head on why it's such a great film.
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:05 am

John-Locke wrote:"And the flowers are still standing"

"This Mr. Stay Puft's okay, he's a sailor, he's in New York, we get this guy laid we won't have any trouble"

Nuff said.

HAHAHAHHAAA!!!!!

The beauty of this film and especially Bill Murray is that some of his lines like these are so underplayed and delivered that you miss them not just straight away, but even after a few viewings. I find that even now when I watch it, over 20 years on, I'm finding new stuff to laugh at with him. That is so unique to have a role and movie that you're always finding new stuff with, and that it just keeps on growing on you.

I mentioned this before, but that bit at the end where they're about to go up the last flight of stairs and Murray's trying to be all hard and the mighty leader, with the guys following him from behind, but as soon as he hears those Dogs roaring from the rooftop and he sees the lightning, he so casually and almost unnoticeable stops and goes to the others 'Come on! Go on, Go on!' waving them to go up. If you don't pay attention properly (all of them are in a sublte long shot too) you'd think nothing of it, and think that he still is being the leader, when in fact he's really saying "I'm a fucking coward and am shitting it, can you guys go first and I'll hide behind ya".

Also another thing about Bill Murray as Peter Venkman, is that he is pretty much the ultimate role model for me. Someone who is a complete dick and a right berk, comes across as having no moral virtues, he seems so lazy and knows nothing of what he's talking about or doing, isn't a tough guy, takes nothing seriously, but STILL not only manages to kick ass and win the day - mostly not because of the others, but because of his own plans and actions that kick in at the last minute and when it's most important - but that he still gets all the chicks! Not just Sigourney Weaver, but throughout the film you can easily tell he can pick up all those chicks that he gives the eye, says crappy lines to, or lies to about their panaroam... pananorma, paranar... panoramic.... telekent... teleken....teliken.......................... mind powers, and that the ladies love him and he is a hit with them. So this guy, who just coasts through life and doesn't even try to do anything hard, still is a winner - even though he seems like he's a bit of a prat.

So, that's why he works for me. Wins without effort. He's a bit like that blonde prat, Flash Gordon, who himself, doesn't seem to be able to do anything right, and comes across like a weak plank - but still wins the day and all the fucking girls, gentleman!

Only Bill Murray does it by doing stupid dances in the middle of a Water Fountain square in front of the public, whereas Flash Gordon wears stupid women's leotards in front of the Mongo public.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Doc Holliday on Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:08 am

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:
John-Locke wrote:"And the flowers are still standing"

Nuff said.

HAHAHAHHAAA!!!!!

The beauty of this film and especially Bill Murray is that some of his lines like these are so underplayed and delivered that you miss them not just straight away, but even after a few viewings. I find that even now when I watch it, over 20 years on, I'm finding new stuff to laugh at with him. That is so unique to have a role and movie that you're always finding new stuff with, and that it just keeps on growing on you.

I mentioned this before, but that bit at the end where they're about to go up the last flight of stairs and Murray's trying to be all hard and the mighty leader, with the guys following him from behind, but as soon as he hears those Dogs roaring from the rooftop and he sees the lightning, he so casually and almost unnoticeable stops and goes to the others 'Come on! Go on, Go on!' waving them to go up. If you don't pay attention properly (all of them are in a sublte long shot too) you'd think nothing of it, and think that he still is being the leader, when in fact he's really saying "I'm a fucking coward and am shitting it, can you guys go first and I'll hide behind ya".

Also another thing about Bill Murray as Peter Venkman, is that he is pretty much the ultimate role model for me. Someone who is a complete dick and a right berk, comes across as having no moral virtues, he seems so lazy and knows nothing of what he's talking about or doing, isn't a tough guy, takes nothing seriously, but STILL not only manages to kick ass and win the day - mostly not because of the others, but because of his own plans and actions that kick in at the last minute and when it's most important - but that he still gets all the chicks! Not just Sigourney Weaver, but throughout the film you can easily tell he can pick up all those chicks that he gives the eye, says crappy lines to, or lies to about their panaroam... pananorma, paranar... panoramic.... telekent... teleken....teliken.......................... mind powers, and that the ladies love him and he is a hit with them. So this guy, who just coasts through life and doesn't even try to do anything hard, still is a winner - even though he seems like he's a bit of a prat.

So, that's why he works for me. Wins without effort. He's a bit like that blonde prat, Flash Gordon, who himself, doesn't seem to be able to do anything right, and comes across like a weak plank - but still wins the day and all the fucking girls, gentleman!

Only Bill Murray does it by doing stupid dances in the middle of a Water Fountain square in front of the public, whereas Flash Gordon wears stupid women's leotards in front of the Mongo public.

Sorry - I've used up my one compliment this year. If I'd only known.
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Doc Holliday on Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:10 am

tapehead wrote:Hey Doc, why isn't Tootsie on this list? I suppose it is a supporting role, but he's the best thing in it by miles - dude could take a supporting role and go all subtle and just get everything out of it.

My bad. I haven't seen all of TOOTSIE and for some reason thought his role in this film was pretty small. Perhaps a Mod would be kind enough to add it to the list.....

.....Kirk?
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:10 am

Doc Holliday wrote:Sensing Kirk is about to post, he braces himself for bouts of abuse and ridicule before his peers.......

*speechless*

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:At last.... Bill Murray. I was and still am such a big fan of the big guy, that I actually channelled Bill Murray as part of my personality when I was younger and did try to be like him and develop his snese of humour into myself. I used it for a while, all the time when I was chatting up girls, and you know what? It worked a lot. OK, it worked a lot in that it actually did make me become funnier.

I just want to say - that's one of the best posts I've read, from you or anyone, in months.

Well that's why I'm Peter Venkman. Prats about like a right moron, but always wins out when it really counts. Shags dogs too.
Last edited by Cpt Kirks 2pay on Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Doc Holliday on Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:11 am

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:
Doc Holliday wrote:Sensing Kirk is about to post, he braces himself for bouts of abuse and ridicule before his peers.......

*speechless*

Well that's why I'm Peter Venkman. Prats about like a right moron, but always wins out when it really counts.

Just so long as you don't slime me.....

.....again
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MonkeyM666 on Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:11 am

I think that with Kirk nearing 10,000 posts cosmic forces are fusing with his mind to create the ultimate Zoner... stronger, faster, able to ban glibs with a single click.

Super Kirk!
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby darkjedijaina on Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:51 am

i've gotta go with ghostbusters. it was one of the first movies that i watched over and over and over and over... and.. you get the picture.
darkjedijaina
BAD ASH

Postby colonel_lugz on Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:09 am

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:Now this is more like it. At last.... Bill Murray. I was and still am such a big fan of the big guy, that I actually channelled Bill Murray as part of my personality when I was younger and did try to be like him and develop his snese of humour into myself. I used it for a while, all the time when I was chatting up girls, and you know what? It worked a lot. OK, it worked a lot in that it actually did make me become funnier.

Wow man! you got my vote. Scrooged is just fantastic
You Called Down The Thunder, Well Now You Got It!
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Vegeta on Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:12 am

What, no Meatballs?
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby tapehead on Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:13 am

'79
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:14 am

Tell me more about this Nothing Lasts Forever.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby tapehead on Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:26 am

I've never seen it - Unless it's had a recent DVD release I don't think anyone has.

Wiki has the lowdown.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby bastard_robo on Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:28 am

Murray is a fucking national treasure! A holiday needs to be made around his Bday!

And I'm going with Ghostbusters. I dont think that there was any other movie that ever reached Murray Higher than this classic ever did. And I dont think that there was any kid alive in the 80's that wasnt affected by it.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby tapehead on Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:40 am

CADDYSHACK!

I think I've seen Loose Shoes - but when I rented it on vhs it was called 'Coming Attractions'
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby havocSchultz on Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:54 am

tapehead wrote:Image
CADDYSHACK!

I love that fucking scene...
And I think from what I recall...the majority of it was just the two of them making it up as they went...

Brilliant...either way...

And I agree with everything said about Scrooged...namely that one readable post by kirk - and Doc's opening arguments...

I watch it every year at Christmas...and I enjoy it just as much now (possibly moreso) then when I first saw it who knows when...

But I had to go with Ghostbusters...

He was just so cool and dry and witty...and he was mostly a big geek/nerd...but he was so damn suave and charming and quick that you couldn't help but like him...

Also...
In regards to what so sorry said:

so sorry wrote:

Bill Murray (back then) was the quintesential(sp?) smart-ass straight faced dick, and no movie showcased this talent better than Stripes.

in his post about Stripes - also applies quite a bit to Murray's role in Ghostbusters...

And I'll also second the love for Meatballs...

His big speech near the end of that movie was also mostly just made up by him...

I find it nice that one of the most enjoyable and funniest and most brilliant actor of the 80's - is also one of the most enjoyable and funniest (in a completely different way) and most brilliant actors working today as well...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:16 pm

what about "what about bob?"?
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby tapehead on Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:20 pm

'91
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby havocSchultz on Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:21 pm

'69
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby tapehead on Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:22 pm

'80085'
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby havocSchultz on Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:26 pm

'84LL5'
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby MonkeyM666 on Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:28 pm

8000000000!
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:28 pm

P15$ 0££!
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby John-Locke on Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:33 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:Only Bill Murray does it by doing stupid dances in the middle of a Water Fountain square in front of the public

I did that when I was in New York in the very same place, luckily it wasn't even nearly as busy.

I also ran up to and banged on the window of the restaurant in Central Park Rick Moranis Style but there was a wake going on inside so I felt pretty bad.

TheBaxter wrote:what about "what about bob?"?

"Bob's not gone, Bob's never gone"

opens door

"Is this some kind of new radical therapy?"

One of His best performances and also Dreyfuss' best comedic performance.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Doc Holliday on Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:35 pm

John-Locke wrote:I also ran up to and banged on the window of the restaurant in Central Park Rick Moranis Style but there was a wake going on inside so I felt pretty bad.

OMG - HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA

*takes breath*

HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAHHHHAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I miss Lupe....
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:38 pm

What's a 'Wake'?
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby havocSchultz on Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:39 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:What's a 'Wake'?

The opposite of A Sleep...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby John-Locke on Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:40 pm

It's like a reception you have after a funeral.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby tapehead on Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:43 pm

John-Locke wrote:It's like a reception you have after a funeral.

with booze and finger food.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:47 pm

John-Locke wrote:It's like a reception you have after a funeral.

Oooh deeearrr!! Very cruel.

But VERY funny though!!! No wonder Doc was larfing.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:47 pm

Alla you goddamn putzes with a your Ghostbusters, eh? Holy crappa there would a not even a BE a the goddamn Ghostbusters iffa it were not a for a the brilliance of a the Murray anna Ramis inna the STRIPES, eh?

Hands down, the answer to a the goddamn poll is a the Stripes, no? It's a not even a the question...

Goddamn putzes. Go back a to watching a the goddamn GOONIES that a you love a so much...
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:48 pm

"Mommy, can I go anna see a the Stripes, eh?"

"NO! It's a the Rated R!!! It has a the boobies in it! But a you can a go anna see a the Goonies..."

"Yay for a me!"

NYEAH!!!!
DinoDeLaurentiis

Postby colonel_lugz on Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:49 pm

Lay off the Goonies old man
You Called Down The Thunder, Well Now You Got It!
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MonkeyM666 on Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:50 pm

Yeah... no other movie I can think of pokes fun at childhood obesity so nicely!
Last edited by MonkeyM666 on Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:50 pm

Goonies sucks. Mediocre film only tolerated 'cos in England it was a suprisingly not bad straight to video movie at the time, and hasn't been any higher than that.
Last edited by Cpt Kirks 2pay on Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:50 pm

To HELL with a your goddamn GOONIES!!!

HELL I SAY!!!

Goddamn Chunk anna the slanty-eyed kid from a the Indiana Jones movie...

GODDAMN I HATE A THE GOONIES!!!
DinoDeLaurentiis

Next

Return to Actor Discussion