The Movie Trailers 'Я' Us Thread

All the dirt. All the top secret stuff. Anything that has to do with the process of getting us to sit and watch something projected on the big screen.

Postby havocSchultz on Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:04 am

tapehead wrote:
Luc Besson hasn't directed a movie since Joan of Arc?

What about this one...?
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby tapehead on Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:06 am

havocSchultz wrote:
tapehead wrote:

What about this one...?

This is the film after Angel -A, and I look forward to it's release... or did you just want to correct me?
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby havocSchultz on Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:10 am

tapehead wrote:
havocSchultz wrote:
tapehead wrote:

What about this one...?

I look forward to it's release... or did you just want to correct me?

A little of both...

I wasn't sure if you were seriously wondering if he hadn't directed since Joan...

On a related note - I had free passes to Arthur and the Invisibles (as it's called out here) - but it was for a really early showing on a Saturday.
Alas - we didn't end up making it - but I'm willing to give anything by Besson a chance...

ETA: After Angel-A...?

Hmm...after a quick imdb.com search - I see what you mean...
I didn't know that Angel-A was made first...

Any reason why it's gotten delayed for so long...?
Was there any specific reason to wait till after Arthur...?
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby tapehead on Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:20 am

Don't know really, I think Angel-A has already had a release in France, some pretty mixed reviews... and may actually be available on DVD. It's U.S. release is coming up, and although I've seen posters for it in the UK at least six months ago, and a different trailer at the movies almost as long ago, it hasn't come out here yet. One I've been anticipating for a while.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby havocSchultz on Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:22 am

tapehead wrote:Don't know really, I think Angel-A has already had a release in France, some pretty mixed reviews... and may actually be available on DVD. It's U.S. release is coming up, and although I've seen posters for it in the UK at least six months ago, and a different trailer at the movies almost as long ago, it hasn't come out here yet. One I've been anticipating for a while.

Hmmm...interesting...

Maybe I'll have to wait till I can catch them both in a double feature...
If it's truly the last of Luc - then might as well do something special for it...

Fucking Lazy Retired Directors.
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby tapehead on Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:31 am

Newsflash: Taking a look at a few Film Blogs I see that Arhthur and the Minimoys actually had a London premiere two days ago on the 25th, and opens here on the third... i t is starting to sound like Angel-A might have been stashed for a while in the hopes of clearing the stink of early bad reviews - I'll still see it cos, well, Rie Rasmussen.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby John-Locke on Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:45 pm

tapehead wrote:Don't know really, I think Angel-A has already had a release in France, some pretty mixed reviews... and may actually be available on DVD. It's U.S. release is coming up, and although I've seen posters for it in the UK at least six months ago, and a different trailer at the movies almost as long ago, it hasn't come out here yet. One I've been anticipating for a while.

Angel A was indeed released about 6 months ago in the UK, I remember they were showing it when we went to see Tideland, in the same cinema no less.

Should be out on DVD soon, also worth checking out the Prince Charles Cinema line up whilst you are still in the UK, they are the only place likely to show it.

Anyways.

Seraphim Falls Trailer
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Fried Gold on Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:55 pm

Angela is out on Monday on DVD.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Dark Knight on Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:00 pm

Seraphim Falls Trailer

Looks really good but is Brosnan going to try and pull off a different accent, I couldn't tell but it seemed like
El Wray will find the missing reel, just watch...
Dark Knight
GRANDO CARLISSIAN

Postby Peven on Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:33 pm

Dark Knight wrote:
Seraphim Falls Trailer

Looks really good but is Brosnan going to try and pull off a different accent, I couldn't tell but it seemed like

looks kind of like they borrowed some of the set up from Outlaw Josey Wales.

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Peven on Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:03 pm

check out this trailer for a Don Cheadle/Adam Sandler movie. a serious role for Sandler. i happen to have really enjoyed his work in "Punchdrunk Love" and this trailer has me looking forward to seeing this movie.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/reignoverme/high.html

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Dark Knight on Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:16 am

and from Mike Binder! Looks great, love the idea about Sandler's character using his headphones to shut out the world.......maybe I just relate to that way too much.
Dark Knight
GRANDO CARLISSIAN

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:24 am

Peven wrote:check out this trailer for a Don Cheadle/Adam Sandler movie. a serious role for Sandler. i happen to have really enjoyed his work in "Punchdrunk Love" and this trailer has me looking forward to seeing this movie.

That looks like it could be extremely cool. However, I am afraid that it might end up being very glossed over because of the star power behind it and a major studio like Sony. If it really hits a deep and dark level...color me excited. If its a film that had the potential but was polished and shined for a major studio then I will pass.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby HollywoodBabylon on Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:48 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:
Peven wrote:check out this trailer for a Don Cheadle/Adam Sandler movie. a serious role for Sandler. i happen to have really enjoyed his work in "Punchdrunk Love" and this trailer has me looking forward to seeing this movie.

That looks like it could be extremely cool. However, I am afraid that it might end up being very glossed over because of the star power behind it and a major studio like Sony. If it really hits a deep and dark level...color me excited. If its a film that had the potential but was polished and shined for a major studio then I will pass.

I've got mixed views on Sandler. Sometimes he comes across as too reticent in his comedy films, as if he's deliberately holding back on something and then when he does eventually loosen up, it's in garbage like Little Nicky.
Yet I've always thought given the right material he's got the talent to be both a really gifted comic actor (as opposed to performer) and a good dramatic one too. Maybe this movie will be the one to show it.
By the way, he looks alot like a latter day Bob Dylan in this trailer. His slightly heavier younger brother.
HollywoodBabylon
AIRWOLF

Postby Mutombo on Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:44 pm

oi, the adam sandler film, which is not an adam sandler film but i just call an adam sandler film for lazy reasons, actually looks pretty good.

But then again, if it was not an adam sandler film and someone like johnny depp wouldve played the part, then it wouldnt be an adam sandler film where youd get your interest in simply because it is a serious adam sandler film. So its the film that got my interest and not the adam sandler in the film.

oh and the blades of fury: sorry but I DESPISE will ferrell. I guess there are fans out there who love his stuff but I simply do. not. understand. why. The movie looks like total studio shit. Hey, lets put the geeky kid from napoleon dynamite together with will ferrel and make them ice skate. That way we ll have plenty queer, masculine vs feminine, geeky vs screamy jokes where the audience will laugh and spend money at.

FUCK WILL FERREL.
Being dead's no fun.
Mutombo
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby John-Locke on Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:29 am

John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Knthrak on Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:36 am

Hoax looks like a great story. Love movies that show these interesting real events that I had no idea about. If its anywhere near as good as shattered glass then ill be there to watch it.
Knthrak
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby buster00 on Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:58 am

Straightheads, due this April.

Stars Gillian Anderson and Danny Dyer in a revenge thriller that's very reminiscent of I Spit on Your Grave.
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tfactor on Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:22 am

Fracture Ryan Gosling & Anthony Hopkins

With all this Hannibal Rising crap going on, I'm just happy to see mr hopkins return to roles that he performs most admirably.
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby John-Locke on Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:00 am

There is a shit load of new trailers over at Apple today

TRADE

The Reaping

Pride

The Abandoned

Oceans 13

There are a few other films too which I couldn't be bothered to link to.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Peven on Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:12 pm

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby tfactor on Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:11 pm

Underdog trailer is up!!!!!

I really enjoyed this trailer, it put a smile on my face anyway. But looks like IMDB screwed up a bit as that sounded a hell of a lot like Jason Lee's voice as underdog. It looks cute though in an expensive special effects sort of way. Anyway check-a check-a check it out.
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby Dark Knight on Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:52 pm

IMDB never screws up! :roll:
Dark Knight
GRANDO CARLISSIAN

Postby buster00 on Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:13 pm

tfactor wrote:Underdog trailer is up!!!!!

I really enjoyed this trailer, it put a smile on my face anyway. But looks like IMDB screwed up a bit as that sounded a hell of a lot like Jason Lee's voice as underdog. It looks cute though in an expensive special effects sort of way. Anyway check-a check-a check it out.

That is indeed Jason Lee's voice. IMDB has him listed as Shoeshine Boy.

I'm looking forward to this about as much as Bratz.
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby John-Locke on Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:30 pm

First Snow Trailer in HD

Ribbons certainly wont like this film as it seems to deal with fate ;)

Guy Pearce
Piper Perabo (She's HOT)
William Fichtner
J.K. Simmons

Watch it, looks interesting.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby magicmonkey on Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:02 pm

John-Locke wrote:First Snow Trailer in HD

Awesome looking trailer, and another potential showcase for Pearce, I'm intrigued.
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby Ribbons on Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:06 am

John-Locke wrote:First Snow Trailer in HD

Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:10 am

Trailer for the new Ellen Page movie, The Tracey Fragments
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RS6iwqqGuY

What? Heh, at least in my other Forum, they let me start a thread on her!!

I'm a Mod there too! So I can get my revenge on the Mods for this outrage that has taken place in this place here.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby havocSchultz on Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:03 am

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:Trailer for the new Ellen Page movie, The Tracey Fragments

I'm a Mod there too! So I can get my revenge on the Mods for this outrage that has taken place in this place here.

I hear Ellen Page Lurves Kirk...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Doc Holliday on Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:04 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:Trailer for the new Ellen Page movie, The Tracey Fragments

She does like her psychologically fucked up roles doesn't she? Bit selfish though - I mean, come on! Christina Ricci gotta eat!

Heh - I reckon Ellen Page is shaping up to be one worth watching. But not through a hole-in-the-wall Kirks...
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Peven on Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:08 pm

Doc Holliday wrote:
I mean, come on! Christina Ricci gotta eat!

by the looks of her in "Black Snake Moan" compared to her build in the past, i'd say she hasn't been eating much.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Doc Holliday on Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:10 pm

Peven wrote:
Doc Holliday wrote:

by the looks of her in "Black Snake Moan" compared to her build in the past, i'd say she hasn't been eating much.

That's a shame - by the sound of the film's title I was kinda hoping she was eating more than her fill, if anything....I'm less enthused about it now..
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Peven on Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:14 pm

Doc Holliday wrote:
Peven wrote:
Doc Holliday wrote:

That's a shame - by the sound of the film's title I was kinda hoping she was eating more than her fill, if anything....I'm less enthused about it now..

well, uh, i think what she is eating most of in "Black Snake Moan" is lo-cal, though high in protein. at least, thats what i gather from the trailer. :wink: :lol:

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Peven on Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:46 am

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Dark Knight on Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:39 pm

Wasnt that called fast track a couple of months back? I think I remember seeing tv ads then I heard it was delayed but I never heard they changed the title.....hmm. Bateman is in it so I'll see it.
Dark Knight
GRANDO CARLISSIAN

Sharkwater!!! Discussion Thread

Postby tfactor on Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:35 am

Adrift: Open Water 2 trailer here but just to warn you - I saw Open Water in the theatre and it really really sucked. This looks like it is even worse, as it is not just a couple Divers that are trapped at sea but a mother whose child is stuck on the sailboat no one can get back into (once they jump overboard) because they forgot to put down the ladder. :evil: And seriously does every movie absolutely have to be "based on true events" because tbh I don't want to know about a "real life" child left at sea unattended - as that is just fucking horrible and I don't see that as entertaining. Giant killer shark, huge man eating squid, deep sea aliens, godzilla - these are all very entertaining. A helpless baby adrift - not so much!

I don't know why I'm wasting any time posting this because it isn't a movie I want to see, perhaps I posted it because the movie stars one of the guys from grey's anatomy ... but likely its just because I'm just avoiding work ... ok rant over.
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby havocSchultz on Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:38 am

tfactor wrote:Adrift: Open Water 2 trailer here but just to warn you - I saw Open Water in the theatre and it really really sucked. This looks like it is even worse, as it is not just a couple Divers that are trapped at sea but a mother whose child is stuck on the sailboat no one can get back into (once they jump overboard) because they forgot to put down the ladder. :evil: And seriously does every movie absolutely have to be "based on true events" because tbh I don't want to know about a "real life" child left at sea unattended - as that is just fucking horrible and I don't see that as entertaining. Giant killer shark, huge man eating squid, deep sea aliens, godzilla - these are all very entertaining. A helpless baby adrift - not so much!

I don't know why I'm wasting any time posting this because it isn't a movie I want to see, perhaps I posted it because the movie stars one of the guys from grey's anatomy ... but likely its just because I'm just avoiding work ... ok rant over.

Who the fuck can't get back into a sailboat...

Ladder or no ladder...

How big is this sailboat...?

Is it bigger than the Sailboat in Mallrats?!?!?!

And I'm sure the baby is safest in the sailboat...
If humans can't get onto the boat - how would sharks be able to...?

Sounds fun...

Good times indeed...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:10 pm

Well, this might sound like bullshit to you, but I did some research on this and it turns out it is actually true, and that is if you make certain sounds underwater, you can actually call Killer Whales to your presence and aid. Yes, it sounds like crap, but you have to get the sound, voice pitch and repeated rythm right, plus you gotta do it for ages and ages without a break, and eventually Killer Whales and indeed Dolphins will repsond and come to your communications. I know it sounds like crap and I thought so too, but I've checked it all out at marine research establishments and US Universities and even asked some people about it, including the Shark Researchers in South Africa that I dived with, all sorts of different Marine Research heads of departments, and they all confirm it is possible and is being developed. You gotta get the right solar signal WAVELENGTH correct with your voice, that's the key. The human vocal capabilities all give out certain wavelengths and are also capable of stretching itself to many diverse sounds and pitches, (ie, audio pitches achieved by opera singers) so all you gotta do is develop these sounds underwater. You do it 'strongly' enough, ie, by loudness and pitch, and you'll be suprised not only by how you can mimic the wavelength of such creatures, but by how far your sounds can travel underwater.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby buster00 on Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:24 pm

buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

The Movie Trailers 'R' Us Thread

Postby Dark Knight on Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:27 pm

havocSchultz wrote:
Is it bigger than the Sailboat in Mallrats?!?!?!

It's a schooner!
Dark Knight
GRANDO CARLISSIAN

Postby Boll_KG on Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:36 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:Well, this might sound like bullshit to you, but I did some research on this and it turns out it is actually true, and that is if you make certain sounds underwater, you can actually call Killer Whales to your presence and aid. Yes, it sounds like crap, but you have to get the sound, voice pitch and repeated rythm right, plus you gotta do it for ages and ages without a break, and eventually Killer Whales and indeed Dolphins will repsond and come to your communications. I know it sounds like crap and I thought so too, but I've checked it all out at marine research establishments and US Universities and even asked some people about it, including the Shark Researchers in South Africa that I dived with, all sorts of different Marine Research heads of departments, and they all confirm it is possible and is being developed. You gotta get the right solar signal WAVELENGTH correct with your voice, that's the key. The human vocal capabilities all give out certain wavelengths and are also capable of stretching itself to many diverse sounds and pitches, (ie, audio pitches achieved by opera singers) so all you gotta do is develop these sounds underwater. You do it 'strongly' enough, ie, by loudness and pitch, and you'll be suprised not only by how you can mimic the wavelength of such creatures, but by how far your sounds can travel underwater.

How do you know all this? Are you diver? Sounds like fantasy of my films.
Boll_KG
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:59 pm

Yes I am a Scuba Divemaster. Buster, why the pic of Flash Gordon?
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby buster00 on Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:00 pm

Flash Gordon? Since when can Flash Gordon talk to fish...?

Much less killer whales...?
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby John-Locke on Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:01 pm

Thats Aquaman
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby havocSchultz on Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:02 pm

buster00 wrote:Flash Gordon? Since when can Flash Gordon talk to fish...?

Much less killer whales...?

Well...Flesh Gordon "talks" to fish...

Which isn't much of a redeemable quality...seeing as how it's not polite to "talk" with your "mouth full..."
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby tapehead on Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:04 pm

He can breathe through his ears
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:10 pm

John-Locke wrote:Thats Aquaman

HAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAAA!!!!!!!

How gutted am I?

Like a fish?!

Beat you Havoc.

Hmm, I can just sense that Nrthn Pikes 2pay turning up now.

Somethign smells fishy round here, everytime I mention his name, he just pops up, a bit like Beetlejuice.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby buster00 on Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:12 pm

Here, Kirks -- put this on. He'll come a-runnin'.

buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Nrthn Pikes 2pay on Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:36 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:

Somethign smells fishy round here, everytime I mention his name, he just pops up, a bit like Beetlejuice.

Everytime I mention your name, something else just pops up.

And Aquaman dude owes me twenty bucks.

He ain't got shit on Sub-Mariner.

Now there's a true friend of the sea-faring creatures.
Nrthn Pikes 2pay
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Location: Being eaten raw on top of some naked japanese chick.

Postby John-Locke on Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:16 pm

Poor Trev, how many times has Trev been kind enough to post us a Trailer link and said he liked it just for us to all come in and say the film looks like a turd.

We don't do it on purpose but it is funny.

:twisted:
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

PreviousNext

Return to Movie News