Official 300 Review Thread (SPOILERS)

New movies! Old movies! B-movies! Discuss discuss discuss!!!

How hard did 300 kick your ass?

Kicked it hard (loved it)
57%
Tried to kick but didn't connect (liked it)
28%
Kicked in my general direction (meh)
10%
Tried that kicking stuff and I chopped its leg off (disliked it)
4%
Beat it to death with its own leg (hated it)
No votes
There's a movie called 300?
1%

Total votes : 79

Postby PervOmatic on Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:27 am

Saw it yesterday and while it was good, it didn't quite live up to the hype of being the ballsiest testosterone gore fest that I was expecting. I enjoyed it, but I would go see it over and over. My g/f actually enjoyed it much more than me, but she's not as picky as I am when it comes to movies.

When they kept doing the preachy bits about the price of freedom, I kept thinking of one particular song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8gNz8F2j6U

I bet neocons jerk it hardcore to this film.
PervOmatic
GLIB

Postby Nachokoolaid on Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:06 am

Why can't it just be a cool movie without current politics being brought up?

Thermopylae was thousands of years ago, and the novel was written decades ago, and yet, there's always those who feel they have to put a modern political spin on everything.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, no?
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby so sorry on Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:12 am

Nachokoolaid wrote:Why can't it just be a cool movie without current politics being brought up?

Thermopylae was thousands of years ago, and the novel was written decades ago, and yet, there's always those who feel they have to put a modern political spin on everything.

Not if your Bill Clinton....

BADA BING!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby PervOmatic on Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:12 am

Nachokoolaid wrote:Why can't it just be a cool movie without current politics being brought up?

Because I'm aware of the current conditions in the world and I can make the connections to relevancy no matter if it is intended or not. At the end of the film I turned to my g/f and said, "Well, that's what happens when you send the troops out without the proper body armor, but you know what they say...you go to war with the army you have, not the army you want."
PervOmatic
GLIB

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:30 am

http://www.calendarlive.com/movies/cl-et-film20mar20,0,3575458.story?coll=cl-movies

The interesting question is how "entertainment" has come to be accepted as a valid, irreducible argument against interpretation; how, in a broader sense, the act of putting things in context has come to be seen as inherently suspect.

But as silly as it is to scour a movie like this one for allegory, insisting that it be viewed in a political and cultural vacuum is not exactly aboveboard, either. Denying that anything means anything beyond its strictest parameters is not only dishonest, it's discouraging...

article is a bit wonky and its conclusions are a bit of a stretch, but the point remains.

do movies not reflect their respective zeitgeist? Films aren't created in a vacuum; for example, why NOW, of all times, to tell this particular story (and that question goes to Miller as well)?
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:57 pm

Keepcoolbutcare wrote:article is a bit wonky and its conclusions are a bit of a stretch, but the point remains.

do movies not reflect their respective zeitgeist? Films aren't created in a vacuum; for example, why NOW, of all times, to tell this particular story (and that question goes to Miller as well)?

Anna you gotta the Star Wars: Revenge of a the Sith as a the perfect example of a this, no? With a the very birth of a the Empire rivaling a the Bush Administration quest for a the power...
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby Nachokoolaid on Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:17 pm

DinoDeLaurentiis wrote:
Keepcoolbutca re wrote:article is a bit wonky and its conclusions are a bit of a stretch, but the point remains.

Anna you gotta the Star Wars: Revenge of a the Sith as a the perfect example of a this, no? With a the very birth of a the Empire rivaling a the Bush Administration quest for a the power...

And I agree with this to an extent. But not with 300. The events it was based on happened long ago and even the director said that no current political isues were thought of while making this. He said (paraphrase) "sometimes a movie is just about one group of guys beating the crap out of another group of guys. Enjoy it."

It's just that they tried to follow Miller's text so slavishly that there wasn't anything added. I see everyone's point, but in 300's case, I just don't agree. It's a good time. That's it. For those with their panties in a bunch, I say to them "Chill the fuck out and have a beer."
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby The Vicar on Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:36 pm

Well, there was more dedicated to Queen Gorgo in the film than the graphic novel, wasn't there?
A slight difference, but, I felt, a very good one.
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby Chairman Kaga on Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:41 pm

Nachokoolaid wrote:
DinoDeLaurentiis wrote:
Keepcoolbutca re wrote:article is a bit wonky and its conclusions are a bit of a stretch, but the point remains.

And I agree with this to an extent. But not with 300. The events it was based on happened long ago and even the director said that no current political isues were thought of while making this. He said (paraphrase) "sometimes a movie is just about one group of guys beating the crap out of another group of guys. Enjoy it."

It's just that they tried to follow Miller's text so slavishly that there wasn't anything added. I see everyone's point, but in 300's case, I just don't agree. It's a good time. That's it. For those with their panties in a bunch, I say to them "Chill the fuck out and have a beer."

Not to mention Miller wrote the comic back during the Clinton Administration based on a movie he saw as a child released a year before Kennedy was assassinated.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Lady Sheridan on Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:27 pm

PervOmatic wrote:

Because I'm aware of the current conditions in the world and I can make the connections to relevancy no matter if it is intended or not. At the end of the film I turned to my g/f and said, "Well, that's what happens when you send the troops out without the proper body armor, but you know what they say...you go to war with the army you have, not the army you want."

I think we're all aware of current conditions in the world. It doesn't mean a person can't enjoy a movie without bringing in politics. It's often easier to make an allegory than it is to enjoy what the director or writer actually intended.

Historically, the Spartans had very good armor. Miller chose to draw them semi-naked for his own personal reasons.

I guess its relevant in the sense that Sparta didn't send enough troops, but still...talk about reaching. It's kind of cute, really. When watching Two Towers, were you one of the ones who saw Bin Laden in Saruman?
Lady Sheridan
RED

Postby Nachokoolaid on Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:31 pm

Lady Sheridan wrote: It's kind of cute, really. When watching Two Towers, were you one of the ones who saw Bin Laden in Saruman?

:evil:

Where's that vomit smiley?

I'm glad I wasn't around here if there was someone making that argument when TTT was released. I might have gotten banned.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby havocSchultz on Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:36 pm

Lady Sheridan wrote: When watching Two Towers, were you one of the ones who saw Bin Laden in Saruman?

No...
But I did see a little bit of Saddam in the Devil during the South Park Movie...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Al Shut on Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:45 pm

I would say watching a movie soley for sheer entertainment and drawing paralles between a movie and what's going on in the world are both equally valid options.

On a different note I just learned from a trailer that in German the Spartans arn't called Spartaner like I thought but Spartiaten, which sounds completedly ALF. :?
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby Peven on Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:44 pm

Lady Sheridan wrote:
I guess its relevant in the sense that Sparta didn't send enough troops, but still...talk about reaching. It's kind of cute, really. When watching Two Towers, were you one of the ones who saw Bin Laden in Saruman?

i saw Cheney as Sauruman. :P

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby The Vicar on Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:46 pm

Naw, Rumsfeld was Saruman.
Cheney was Sauron.

Bush was Gollum.
The Vicar

Postby Peven on Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:57 pm

The Vicar wrote:Naw, Rumsfeld was Saruman.
Cheney was Sauron.

Bush was Gollum.

fine, go ahead and one-up me. build upon a joke I started. :twisted:

so tell me, mr clever, who is the Witch King? :P

seriously, i think any relationship to today's issues in 300 is in a general thematic sense, standing strong for beliefs, freedom, etc, not specific to any particular event(s).

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Chairman Kaga on Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:00 pm

Witch King is Rove.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby The Vicar on Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:02 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:Witch King is Rove.

Fucking A.
The Vicar

Postby so sorry on Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:36 pm

You guys crack me up...

I suppose Celeborn and Galadrial are Bill and Hillary Clinton, right? :wink:
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TonyWilson on Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:01 pm

In a sense it doesn't matter too much if there was any intention in the work if lots of people see something else in it.

I mean there are lots of people seeing parallels to current events and the comparisons they make are quite valid. For example the notion that Sparta is the free state beset from all sides by ineffectual Grecian diplomacy and invaders from the east is not too different on the surface from how SOME people see the US as the only free (read properly capitalist) country willing to take on the invaders while the rest are either bribed or scared...it's some conservatives fever dreams about the UN brought to life. It's also reasonably clear to see where Miller stands politically, the media snippets in the Dark Knight make it prety obvious, and Snyder's politcs is evident in parts of the DOTD commentary.

While I don't think any of the comparisons can be truly accurate or intentional there's plenty of people who could make a good case for it bolstering their particular poliitcal opinion.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby Lady Sheridan on Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:08 pm

Here's a PG version that should silence all detractors... ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNqiSkd1M6k
Lady Sheridan
RED

Postby Evil Hobbit on Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:35 am

I read this post on imdb and this guy couldn't review the movie, for he was kicked out of the cinema before seeing it:

I haven't seen it yet because I was banned from my cineplex.
We had all lined up in front of the theater for about 30 minutes, and then they brought us in. I had to stand right beside these two studly, horse-faced lesbians eating each others tongues like they were making a political statement or something.

So, like 30 minutes later, we end up shuffling in the theater and these farking bitches start bitching about having to wait when the movie is about to start, mind you, it was 11 and it was a midnight showing. It turns out they were going to see that stupid Jim Carrey movie 23 and they were missing it. So, the ugliest of the two bitches just exclaims like no one's there "This is the wrong farking movie!"

I just had to do what I did next.

I shouted at the top of my lungs "This is SPARTA" and kicked her in the chest, causing her to fall down about 8 steps to the floor. Most were shocked, but about 80% of the theater started to cheer, and I was forcibly thrown out by 2 officers. Charges are going to be pressed against me apparently, but it was worth it.
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Postby MonkeyM666 on Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:37 am

:lol: I hope that really happened. I would have run up to the guy and poured my popcorn over his head. :lol:
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby The Vicar on Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:44 am

so sorry wrote:You guys crack me up...

I suppose Celeborn and Galadrial are Bill and Hillary Clinton, right? :wink:

Would you believe Tom Bombadil & his wife?
The Vicar

Postby Chairman Kaga on Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:56 pm

God I hope that story is true...If not it's funny anyway.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fried Gold on Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:17 pm

I saw 300 this evening. Very mixing feelings about it. Quite a few weak points to pick it up on. There was some good in there, but overall I didn't think much of it.

I'll try and write a proper review tomorrow.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fried Gold on Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:26 am

Aimless ramble below.

So...300. I have read the comic. It is a masterpiece. Is this film a good adaptation?

Yes. No. Sort of. Maybe. Almost. Not quite.

A lot of the film is taken shot for shot, word for word from the comic. In fact, I'm surprised Frank Miller only gets an "inspired by" credit as a fair wedge of the film is pretty much his. (Fair play to Robert Rodriguez for acknowledging this with Sin City).

The portion of the film which is directly lifted from the page is very good. At times glorious, exciting, stirring, powerful.

However, the film flip-flops an awful lot between such this and what seemed to me to be some unneccessarily tacked on love story and poorly handled political threads. I felt both of these things cheapened the concept behind the Spartan's stand and the ultimate premise of Leonidas' sacrifice and SPELT THINGS OUT FOR THE AUDIENCE THAT DIDN'T NEED TO BE - "our love needs no words.....so here's a necklace....and I'll keep worrying about you....and keep saying I love you....get all sad about something which I've already said is duty.......but no words." Leonidas' son is going to end up being a crap Spartan with that mother.

And then there was the Captain & his son who kept forgetting about their ideology, as well as most of society back in Sparta, bar the Ethors who we know to be corrupt but we need an extra character to drive it home and be all slimy.

The battle scenes are very stylish, quite beautiful and awe inspiring. The CGI blood very far too over the top a lot of the time and looked very cheap. Which leads me on to an issue with slow motion. Snyder's obsession for it made the film half an hour longer.

Some other erroneous points:
- Who thought up the Dutch drag queen interpretation of King Xerxes? I've never took the character to be like that....a God-King acting like a vogueing music video extra. The weird guy with fins for hands? The big giant-ish guy? Where did they come from.....an inevitable Lord of the Rings comparison comes in here.

I think the basic overall idea I've got in my mind is that if I wanted to see something identical to Frank Miller's 300 I would read it. With the scope available to the director, he could have adapted the story of the 300 spartans in his own way. It all looks very nice, but a what is a powerful story came across as fairly vacant. I think the trailer's gave me optimism for the upcoming film version of Watchmen. The actual film has shaken that.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby brainiac on Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:26 pm

You have got to see this!

First up is a sanitized PG version of 300 that made me LMAO
followed (scroll down) by a Jon Stewart segment on 300 vs. Iran.

If you want to laugh, take a look:

http://comicbookheroes.blogspot.com/2007/03/300-hilariousness.html
Who watches the Watchmen?
brainiac
REAL DRAGON

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:34 pm

That's pretty brilliant. The Stewart stuff anyway.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby The Ginger Man on Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:01 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:That's pretty brilliant. The Stewart stuff anyway.

I don't know. The first video was pretty crap, but for some reason laughed my ass off when the Spartans screamed "FROSTING!!!"
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby The Vicar on Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:45 pm

Good stuff from Mr. Stewart.

Saw 300 on the Imax - gosh that was fun.
There's little difference between watching 300 & taking off on a roller coaster ride without any restraints in the cab. I have got to do that again.
Last edited by The Vicar on Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Vicar

Postby The Ginger Man on Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:45 am

Yeah...caught 300 on Imax yesterday....pretty damn with the sweetness. Total enjoyment. It makes you want to punch someone and then start going to the gym.
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby Al Shut on Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:13 pm

If I may give advice you should go to the gym before you start punching random people. You either need to knock em out or run real fast.
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby brainiac on Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:47 pm

For the Fangirl, loincloth lovers, 8 pack junkies...here's a little something to make you smile:

It's Raining 300 Men!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi2t58CRmbU
Who watches the Watchmen?
brainiac
REAL DRAGON

Postby unikrunk on Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:14 pm

This film is tantamount to snorting coke off a stripper’s tits; awesome in everyway, and wrong for all the right reasons.

Fuck.

I am going back to see it for the 3rd time, except this time, I am just listening to The Sword on my ipod the whole time, maybe a little Black Sabbath as well.

This may result in an aneurism, but like I said before; coke, stripper, and tits.

END OF REVIEW
He can't' love you back...
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby colonel_lugz on Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:28 am

Saw it last night.

Very good, not great.

I read the book a couple of nights ago and enjoyed that very much. The direct adaptations in the film were the most enjoyable parts. the fight/battle scene were just spectacular, the choreography was masterful. Butler as Leonidis was far etter than I expected him to be, he commanded the role and his presence emitted from the screen. Most of the acting was pretty top notch, although most parts were small they were all very noticable.

When I read the book I couldn't help but wonder how they would stretch out the story to last two hours. I see that they over came this by throwing together the political side of the story back in Sparta. I didn't really care for it and was just aching to get back to the action. It felt pointless as it didn't really affect anything in the else in the story and had no real outcome.

I might see this again before in leaves the cinemas, just for the incredible fight scenes. I love the way the Spartans mix brutallity and grace when fighting which is all the more effective with the speed ramping slow mo (fuck you slow mo haters!). I sat there wishing to be next to them in battle, it really got my blood lust going. Is that a good thing?

Anyways, I better go, got to tear down my mums red curtains in her living room and work on my six-pack.

8/10
You Called Down The Thunder, Well Now You Got It!
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:36 am

colonel_lugz wrote:Anyways, I better go, got to tear down my mums red curtains in her living room and work on my six-pack.
8/10

so your gf liked it? seeing 300 in a couple of days when it opens here.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby colonel_lugz on Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:46 am

tapehead wrote:
colonel_lugz wrote:Anyways, I better go, got to tear down my mums red curtains in her living room and work on my six-pack.
8/10

She wasn't too keen on it actually, but she did say, and I quote; "Don't get me wrong, I would DO THEM ALL.......Right there.....on the mountain"

[/inadequate]
You Called Down The Thunder, Well Now You Got It!
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Pacino86845 on Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:37 am

Fried Gold wrote:A lot of the film is taken shot for shot, word for word from the comic. In fact, I'm surprised Frank Miller only gets an "inspired by" credit as a fair wedge of the film is pretty much his. (Fair play to Robert Rodriguez for acknowledging this with Sin City).

The portion of the film which is directly lifted from the page is very good. At times glorious, exciting, stirring, powerful.

However, the film flip-flops an awful lot between such this and what seemed to me to be some unneccessarily tacked on love story and poorly handled political threads. I felt both of these things cheapened the concept behind the Spartan's stand and the ultimate premise of Leonidas' sacrifice and SPELT THINGS OUT FOR THE AUDIENCE THAT DIDN'T NEED TO BE - "our love needs no words.....so here's a necklace....and I'll keep worrying about you....and keep saying I love you....get all sad about something which I've already said is duty.......but no words." Leonidas' son is going to end up being a crap Spartan with that mother.

And then there was the Captain & his son who kept forgetting about their ideology, as well as most of society back in Sparta, bar the Ethors who we know to be corrupt but we need an extra character to drive it home and be all slimy.

The battle scenes are very stylish, quite beautiful and awe inspiring. The CGI blood very far too over the top a lot of the time and looked very cheap. Which leads me on to an issue with slow motion. Snyder's obsession for it made the film half an hour longer.

- Who thought up the Dutch drag queen interpretation of King Xerxes? I've never took the character to be like that....a God-King acting like a vogueing music video extra. The weird guy with fins for hands? The big giant-ish guy? Where did they come from.....an inevitable Lord of the Rings comparison comes in here.

I think the basic overall idea I've got in my mind is that if I wanted to see something identical to Frank Miller's 300 I would read it. With the scope available to the director, he could have adapted the story of the 300 spartans in his own way. It all looks very nice, but a what is a powerful story came across as fairly vacant. I think the trailer's gave me optimism for the upcoming film version of Watchmen. The actual film has shaken that.

This review more or less covers what I felt about 300, but where I'm guessing FG felt "meh" about the film, I actually disliked it.

To begin with the positive aspects (and there are only a couple IMO):

-Gerard Butler as Leonidas. He was able to portray the intensity and brutality of the King despite some fairly hokey dialogue. Every other actor in the film was a complete and utter let down, for me.

-The design. I won't say cinematography, as there were some really strangely framed shots, but the overall visual aspects (the color palette and Leonidas's look in particular) were very faithful to the comic, to the film's advantage.

Otherwise the film is rife with hokey dialogue, the weird father-son relationship, the Persian freakshow, the awkward politics back in Sparta... everything came across as so by-the-numbers generic and also uneven, that I simply went beyond not caring to groaning during several scenes (the "rape" of the queen, Spartans' strange grunting sounds, the grunting sounds the politicians made). The entire film was very nicely stylized in some areas, but overall the whole experience felt cheap and fake, save Leonidas.

And the fast-forward-slow-motion fights appear to have been done in order to mask the choreography, or lack thereof. This in particular completely removed any "cool" effects the battles may have had.

4/10 - fairly unimpressive, disappointing, but still could've been worse
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby Al Shut on Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:32 am

sheesh whenever I have myself convinced that the movie will totaly rock somebody says it doesn't. Guess I'll really have to wait till I see it.
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby so sorry on Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:39 am

Al_Shut wrote:sheesh whenever I have myself convinced that the movie will totaly rock somebody says it doesn't.

Somewhere in between lies the truth...
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby The Vicar on Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:45 am

Al_Shut wrote:If I may give advice you should go to the gym before you start punching random people. You either need to knock em out or run real fast.

Now there's some free, sage advice.
I'd go with that - unless you hand pick your targets well ( also recommended ).....
The Vicar

Postby The Vicar on Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:47 am

colonel_lugz wrote:
tapehead wrote:[quote ="colonel_lugz"]
Anyways, I better go, got to tear down my mums red curtains in her living room and work on my six-pack.
8/10

She wasn't too keen on it actually, but she did say, and I quote; "Don't get me wrong, I would DO THEM ALL.......Right there.....on the mountain"

[/inadequate][/quote]

Fuck, that's harsh......
The Vicar

Postby Doc Holliday on Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:12 pm

Pacino86845 wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:A lot of the film is taken shot for shot, word for word from the comic. In fact, I'm surprised Frank Miller only gets an "inspired by" credit as a fair wedge of the film is pretty much his. (Fair play to Robert Rodriguez for acknowledging this with Sin City).

This review more or less covers what I felt about 300, but where I'm guessing FG felt "meh" about the film, I actually disliked it.

-Gerard Butler as Leonidas. He was able to portray the intensity and brutality of the King despite some fairly hokey dialogue. Every other actor in the film was a complete and utter let down, for me.

-The design. I won't say cinematography, as there were some really strangely framed shots, but the overall visual aspects (the color palette and Leonidas's look in particular) were very faithful to the comic, to the film's advantage.

Otherwise the film is rife with hokey dialogue, the weird father-son relationship, the Persian freakshow, the awkward politics back in Sparta... everything came across as so by-the-numbers generic and also uneven, that I simply went beyond not caring to groaning during several scenes (the "rape" of the queen, Spartans' strange grunting sounds, the grunting sounds the politicians made). The entire film was very nicely stylized in some areas, but overall the whole experience felt cheap and fake, save Leonidas.

And the fast-forward-slow-motion fights appear to have been done in order to mask the choreography, or lack thereof. This in particular completely removed any "cool" effects the battles may have had.

*Entire Senate Rises To Its Feet, Brandishing Above Reviews*

TRAITOR! TRAITOR! TRAITOR!

What do you mean "Thats exactly the kind of cliche I'm talking about?"
"I think the worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades..."

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby so sorry on Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:13 pm

Doc Holliday wrote:
Pacino86845 wrote:

*Entire Senate Rises To Its Feet, Brandishing Above Review*

What do you mean "Thats the kind of cliche I'm talking about?"

Hey, I didn't get a "hurumph" from that guy in the corner....
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Pacino86845 on Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:26 pm

Doc Holliday wrote:
Pacino86845 wrote: 4/10 - fairly unimpressive, disappointing, but still could've been worse

*Entire Senate Rises To Its Feet, Brandishing Above Reviews*

What do you mean "Thats exactly the kind of cliche I'm talking about?"

They say half in fast-forward, and half in slow-motion, with the camera spinning around and around and around...
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby The Vicar on Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:32 pm

so sorry wrote:Hey, I didn't get a "hurumph" from that guy in the corner....

You watch your ass........

The Vicar

Postby Flumm on Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:40 pm

Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:58 pm

The Vicar wrote:
colonel_lugz wrote:She wasn't too keen on it actually, but she did say, and I quote; "Don't get me wrong, I would DO THEM ALL.......Right there.....on the mountain"

[/inadequate]

Fuck, that's harsh......

Hehehe... anna the turnabout, she is a the fair play, no?
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby papalazeru on Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:48 pm

Just seen this.

Oh....My.....God...

LEGENDARY!

The most bloodthirsty film since EVA. I loved every single minute of it.

Fuck the story....it's a fight, and we're gonna kill everything until we're dead.

I found myself, on my own.....cheering and clapping.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Discussion