Marvel vs. DC: Who'd Win?

Graphic novels. Weekly rags. The @$$holes.

Which universe of super beings would beat the other, in an all out brawl?

DC
44%
Marvel
56%

Total votes : 72

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:02 pm

Okay, nimrods... I am finished.

You can access the poll here.

Let me know if there need to be any corrections, etc.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Chairman Kaga on Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:10 pm

can't wait for a villain one.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby The Ginger Man on Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:15 pm

Dude, that's awesome. Great job!

burlivesleftnut wrote:Assume that Batman didn't wake up that day thinking, "I might be encountering a group of characters from an alternate universe with a very specific list of powers so I must prepare for battle with them with all kinds of special gadgets and tactics."

HAHAHAHA
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby Theta on Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:48 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:Okay, nimrods... I am finished.

You can access the poll here.

Let me know if there need to be any corrections, etc.

Yay! Thanks for using some of my suggestions!

How long did that thing take you, anyway?
This comment is in no way meant to insist your opinion is wrong or be considered an edict, solely this poster's opinion. That said, you are still a fool and will kneel before me in supplication.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:53 pm

I worked on the graphics for about 6 hours yesterday, and some this morning (as I thought of a few last minute additions), and it took about 3 hours to do the poll because it required some stupid rudimentary HTML. Kind of an annoying process. But fun.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:45 pm

BAH!!!!!!

Jarvis would so kick Alfred's ass.

Great poll, Burl, that was fun!
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:50 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:BAH!!!!!!

ASSHOLE! I know it was you who voted for Brody. YOu will PAYY!!@@!
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby instant_karma on Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:31 pm

That was fun. Thanks for going to all that effort Burl.

I'm just saddened by the fact that people don't get how outclassed by Resurrection Man Wovlerine is...
instant_karma
Comes in 4 exciting flavours

Postby doglips on Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:58 pm

Yeah, I enjoyed that too, thanks Burl.
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:00 pm

I had never even heard of the guy, karma. I am guessing most people are voting for who they know.

But this cracks me up:

Superman (100%)
Sentry (0%)
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Leckomaniac on Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:13 pm

Wow. The closest vote is She-Hulk vs. Wonder Woman. Intersting.

Nightwing vs. Winter Soldier has me perplexed. On the one hand Dick Grayson has a whole bunch of experience, but Bucky is...well he is Bucky. That would be a pretty kick ass match-up.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:21 pm

I concur. That one is very curious. Maybe people don't know who the fuck Winter Soldier is!
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:08 pm

Brody beats Hulk by a nose...
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Big Jo-hn, Big Bad John on Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:11 pm

The heroes might be evenly matched, but Marvel has more gods, and maybe more aliens. And their bad guys - Doom, Galactus, Mephisto - piss over every DC villain except Darkseid.

And what about Gwen Stacy? She could retroactively fuck all the DC villains and give them crabs. Then they'd be all like 'Your much-vaunted abilities are no match for my... excuse me a minute, gotta scratch... then KA-BLOOWIE! Mystic Uru hammer between the eyes!
http://www.danavenell.com
Now with added Laser-Monkeys!
Big Jo-hn, Big Bad John
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby The Ginger Man on Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:06 pm

Big Jo-hn, Big Bad John wrote:The heroes might be evenly matched, but Marvel has more gods, and maybe more aliens. And their bad guys - Doom, Galactus, Mephisto - piss over every DC villain except Darkseid.

This has come up a few times in this thread, and maybe I'm just forgetting alot of Marvel characters, but how does Marvel have more cosmic/god characters than DC? Not talking about power levels...just the number of characters. B/C I've always seen Marvel heroes as the "everyman." Spidey, Iron Man, Capt. America, Wolverine...these are all normal people with special talents. But DC's heroes tend to be more cosmic in nature...Superman, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter. DC loves their otherwordly characters.

Just take a look at 52. You had Lobo, Adam Strange, Starfire and Animal Man fighting cosmic destruction, god-powered Black Adam building a god-powered family, Intergang's religion of crime, Ralph Dibney against the forces of magic/hell, and a time traveller fighting an evil robot built from the corpse of a cosmic sun lord. And these are just 2nd tier characters.

I think DC has the cosmic character angle won.
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby buster00 on Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:03 am

LOL @ THE POLL! Nicely done, burl!

I like how you opted to depict Power Girl...inspired choice.

And I did have to pause on the Cheney vs. Superman poll. I mean, that Cheney fucker is apparently some kind of invulnerable, eh?
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Theta on Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:50 am

Big Jo-hn, Big Bad John wrote:The heroes might be evenly matched, but Marvel has more gods, and maybe more aliens. And their bad guys - Doom, Galactus, Mephisto - piss over every DC villain except Darkseid.

You mean villains like Neron? Or the Sun-Eater? Or Hank Henshaw?

Doom v. Hank Henshaw, who has complete control of technology, would be a pretty short fight, and probably end with Doom impaled on his own armor.
This comment is in no way meant to insist your opinion is wrong or be considered an edict, solely this poster's opinion. That said, you are still a fool and will kneel before me in supplication.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby Big Jo-hn, Big Bad John on Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:28 am

Don't know who Hank Henshaw is, but maybe The Molecule Man would be more his equal.

I'm not an expert on the DC universe, but the Marvel one seems more populated with super-beings. Marvel has the Norse Gods, the Greek Pantheon, The Celestials, The Kree, The Watcher (not that he'd do much but he might tip us off about the Kryptonite), Galactus, Thanos, Death herself (is Vertigo DC? who would win out of Marvel Death vs Sandman Death?) The Atlanteans (er...) all the mutants (admittedly more before Wanda genocided their asses), The Mole Man and all his subterranean beasties, The Inhumans, Ego The Living Planet, vampires and KISS.

And how about Ant-Man? He could cover them all with icky ants!
http://www.danavenell.com
Now with added Laser-Monkeys!
Big Jo-hn, Big Bad John
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby Theta on Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:13 am

Big Jo-hn, Big Bad John wrote:Don't know who Hank Henshaw is, but maybe The Molecule Man would be more his equal.

I'm not an expert on the DC universe, but the Marvel one seems more populated with super-beings. Marvel has the Norse Gods, the Greek Pantheon, The Celestials, The Kree, The Watcher (not that he'd do much but he might tip us off about the Kryptonite), Galactus, Thanos, Death herself (is Vertigo DC? who would win out of Marvel Death vs Sandman Death?) The Atlanteans (er...) all the mutants (admittedly more before Wanda genocided their asses), The Mole Man and all his subterranean beasties, The Inhumans, Ego The Living Planet, vampires and KISS.

Henshaw was one of those four Superman DC had while they were keeping the original in cold storage. He was the cyborg, and he turned out to be one nasty SOB.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby The Ginger Man on Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:52 am

Big Jo-hn, Big Bad John wrote:I'm not an expert on the DC universe, but the Marvel one seems more populated with super-beings. Marvel has the Norse Gods, the Greek Pantheon, The Celestials, The Kree, The Watcher (not that he'd do much but he might tip us off about the Kryptonite), Galactus, Thanos, Death herself (is Vertigo DC? who would win out of Marvel Death vs Sandman Death?) The Atlanteans (er...) all the mutants (admittedly more before Wanda genocided their asses), The Mole Man and all his subterranean beasties, The Inhumans, Ego The Living Planet, vampires and KISS.

Heh...funny you say that. It is hard to tell if DC and Vertigo are in the same world, but certain titles do cross over and Sandman is one of them (Clark Kent, Batman, and Martian Manhunter attend Morpheus' funeral in the dream world). Swamp Thing and Hellblazer are also in the DCU. So, according to Sandman, that gives the DCU every God that mankind has ever created. Plus the Endless, of which Death is included.

I don't think the 2 Deaths would fight, b/c they never fight in the comics. Though both beings are capable of being killed, only DC's Death has a family of immortals to avenge her...plus she'd just be reborn in a new form. Marvel's Death stays dead when she dies....forever.

And both universes have Atlantis, a living planet (DC's is a Green Lantern) and vampires ;-)

But KISS?????? Fuck. No one is safe from their explosive rock. NO ONE!!!
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby Theta on Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:04 am

The Ginger Man wrote:But KISS?????? Fuck. No one is safe from their explosive rock. NO ONE!!!

We've got Pat Boone, Don Rickles, and Muhammed Ali. I THINK DC can handle a bunch of clowns-turned-goths.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby r8hitman on Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:49 am

Good job on the poll.

:D
r8hitman
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:48 am

burlivesleftnut wrote:
Lord Voldemoo wrote:BAH!!!!!!

ASSHOLE! I know it was you who voted for Brody. YOu will PAYY!!@@!

:twisted:

I, uhhhhhh....well he must have some power in that nose. Plus he keeps getting work so he has some sort of mind control thing going on too...

burlivesleftnut wrote:I had never even heard of the guy, karma. I am guessing most people are voting for who they know.

Yup.
Lord Voldemoo

Postby Mongo on Thu May 03, 2007 2:25 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:But the real Adamantane is not an unbreakable metal (it's a hydrocarbon akin to diamond) either so why would the fictional metal be beholden to it's real life "counterpart" in terms of magnetism?

Here's why I think so:

First of all, there's the name. Adamantane and Adamantium are too close to be coincidental. then we have the material properties. Adamantane is, chemically, the smallest possible diamond. Diamond is the closest thing we have to an indestructable material, and it's also related to adamantane!

Then there's the chemical methods of producing both diamonds and adamantium. Adamantium is prepared by mixing "three closely related iron compounds," and diamond synthesis takes place over an iron catalyst! In addition, there exists a metallic phase for carbon related to diamond. This state is metastable, indicating (to me, at least) that this is the "liquid state" in which adamantium must be kept for processing. Upon cooling, it might collapse into either the diamond or Lonsdaleite form, or take an as-yet unknown crystalline form.

All of the allotropes and compounds of carbon yet discovered are paramagnetic, so I think the magnetism thing is a pretty reasonable assumption.

... of course, now Batman's using brain tasers, eye bullets, and off to fight superman. Better late than never, I guess.
Mongo
GLIB

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Thu May 03, 2007 2:41 pm

Ok...Superman vs. Iron Man after Tony makes a suit out of Adamantium, who wins?
:wink:
Lord Voldemoo

Postby The Todd on Thu May 03, 2007 2:43 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:Ok...Superman vs. Iron Man after Tony makes a suit out of Adamantium, who wins?

What if Stark makes his Iron Man suit out of Gold Kryptonite?
i reject your reality and substitute my own
The Todd
AIRWOLF

Postby so sorry on Thu May 03, 2007 2:44 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:Ok...Superman vs. Iron Man after Tony makes a suit out of Adamantium, who wins?

the Jedi

so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Thu May 03, 2007 2:45 pm

The Todd wrote:

Is that one the one that makes him evil and crazy?

Too many dam kryptonites...off to wiki.

OOOH, takes his powers away. how about Repulsor beams fired through a lens made out of Gold Kryptonite??
Lord Voldemoo

Postby Theta on Thu May 03, 2007 3:22 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:
The Todd wrote:

Is that one the one that makes him evil and crazy?

Too many dam kryptonites...off to wiki.

OOOH, takes his powers away. how about Repulsor beams fired through a lens made out of Gold Kryptonite??

Fuck that shit! RED Kryptonite! Let's see Tony fight a random Supes!
Theta
AIRWOLF

Previous

Return to Comic Books