Transformers

New movies! Old movies! B-movies! Discuss discuss discuss!!!

On a scale from 1 to 10, how many giant fucking robots would you rate Transformers...?

16%
13%
14%
10%
5%
6%
5%
9%
2%
4%
I'm waiting so I can watch it on my in-dash DVD player which is mounted in a car that DOESN'T transform into a Giant Fucking Robot...
No votes
GO-BOTS!!!
3%
DAMN YOU MICHAEL BAY!!!
12%

Total votes : 99

Postby Maui on Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:41 pm

Brocktune wrote:
Maui wrote:This movie has a little bit of everything... good soundtrack

ok, that tears it. i am officially done with this thread.

Splain' yourself Lucy....
Maui
WoWie

Postby Brocktune on Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:44 pm

i... i loathed the soundtrack.

in a sea of crap, it was possibly the biggest turd.
im sorry.
Last edited by Brocktune on Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:45 pm

Oh come on Maui, the soundtrack featured Linkin Park and the goo goo dolls, among others, and failed to make use of 80's Transformers classic 'The Touch'. 'nuff said.
Last edited by tapehead on Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Maui on Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:50 pm

You didn't like Bumblebee's radio playing "Baby Come Back"? :wink:

I guess I was paying more attention to those songs, then the Linkin Park songs.

How about the Kill Bill soundtracks? :oops:

*Maui buries head in sand*
Maui
WoWie

Postby Maui on Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:57 pm

tapehead wrote:Oh come on Maui, the soundtrack featured Linkin Park and the goo goo dolls, among others, and failed to make use of 80's Transformers classic 'The Touch'. 'nuff said.

pffffffffffffffffffffffttt Transformer snob! :wink:
Maui
WoWie

Postby Brocktune on Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:58 pm

Maui wrote:You didn't like Bumblebee's radio playing "Baby Come Back"? :wink:

those horrible musical jokes were only too painful. im just glad that i discontinued my formerly normal practice of bringing a noose with me to the movies :?

Maui wrote:How about the Kill Bill soundtracks? :oops:

the first one, me likey. the second one, not so good. tarantino usually has pretty good taste, and obviously has some fairly decent records in his collection, which is where (as i understand it) he finds all of his music. i wasnt too keen on a lot of the "Death Proof" stuff, but the man knows his old school rockabilly, which is where it really counts for me.

rodriguez on the other hand, well, his taste not so good. i found the soundtrack to part 2 to be lacking.

but that is just one asshole's humble opinion.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Maui on Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:00 pm

Brocktune wrote:

those horrible musical jokes were only too painful. im just glad that i discontinued my formerly normal practice of bringing a noose with me to the movies :?

I agree it was cheesy, but I liked the cheese. You gotta work with the cheese sometimes. If I ever view a movie with you, I suppose we should sit in different rows. tee hee hee
Maui
WoWie

Postby Brocktune on Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:05 pm

Maui wrote:
Brocktune wrote:

I agree it was cheesy, but I liked the cheese. You gotta work with the cheese sometimes. If I ever view a movie with you, I suppose we should sit in different rows. tee hee hee

naw, we dont gotta sit in different rows, we just gotta make sure that the movie we are seeing has a full house. a packed theater always makes the cheese much easier, and more enjoyable to digest. to an overly cheesy flick, a crowded theater is the proverbial "spoonful of sugar" that helps the icky tasting "medicine" go down.

i promise, despite the fact that i sound like i am a complete snob who is annoying to be around, i can actually be quite fun.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby so sorry on Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:07 pm

Whatever you do Maui, don't let him sit BEHIND you.

It took me weeks to get my hair clean again...
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Brocktune on Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:12 pm

so sorry wrote:Whatever you do Maui, don't let him sit BEHIND you.

thanks for the cockblock, jerk. :evil:
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby doglips on Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:14 pm

Brocktune wrote:
so sorry wrote:Whatever you do Maui, don't let him sit BEHIND you.

thanks for the cockblock, jerk. :evil:

Tyler from Point Break wrote:Now there's definitely too much testosterone here!
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby Maui on Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:41 pm

Brocktune wrote:

i promise, despite the fact that i sound like i am a complete snob who is annoying to be around, i can actually be quite fun.

Kicks and giggles, eh? :wink:

Afterall, you were my first, well here at the zone, reply that is. :D
Maui
WoWie

Postby Brocktune on Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:42 pm

my dear, the pleasure has been all mine. :wink:
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:02 pm

Any subsequent discussion of animation techniques not related to Tformers, will be deleted. FINAL WARNING.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Brocktune on Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:03 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:Any subsequent discussion of animation techniques not related to Tformers

or, as we call it in teh biz, "roboscoping".
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby doglips on Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:11 pm

Brocktune wrote:
burlivesleftnut wrote:Any subsequent discussion of animation techniques not related to Tformers

or, as we call it in teh biz, "roboscoping".

I think you'll find that's the technical term for fucking a toaster.
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby The Garbage Man on Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:14 pm

'PAMP.
The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF

Postby Zarles on Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:28 pm

I honestly had to think about where I wanted to post this.

THIS! IS! SEIBERTRON!

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1764494
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby minstrel on Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:38 pm

Zarles wrote:I honestly had to think about where I wanted to post this.

THIS! IS! SEIBERTRON!

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1764494

That was actually pretty lame.
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Postby Maui on Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:43 pm

Keepcoolbutcare wrote:why the fuck would they leave the Hoover Damn and bring GIANT FUCKING ROBOTS HELLBENT ON DESTRUCTION to a major city? Um, aren't there, like, vast unpopulated areas in Arizona and Nevada?

Well what's more exciting? A battle on a boring flat piece of land with no buildings and frenzied people - or crashing down the streets between the skyscrapers. Doesn't make any sense logically, I agree -but for WOW effects. It sorta reminded me of the Godzilla movie.

Keepcoolbutcare wrote:where for the ever loving fuck was Starscream? Once Frenzy found out about Dip-Stickity, shouldn't he have, I don't know, FLOWN TO LICKSPLITTY'S LOCATION AND GOTTEN THE GLASSES?!? What the hell was Starscream doing, fucking a toaster?

Snort - you made me shoot pepsi out of my nose. LOL

As for Barton Fink - yeah, he did do a good job of playing a typical asshole agent. I just found him annoying is all. Same kind of dislike I had for the sister in Knocked Up.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Chairman Kaga on Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:49 pm

Well they were still trying to be "robots in disguise" at that point thus a Raptor flying into a residential neighborhood would be sorta noticed. Remember they sent the least strange looking decepticon in Barricade after Sam.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Maui on Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:52 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:Well there were still trying to be "robots in disguise" at that point thus a Raptor flying into a residential neighborhood would be sorta noticed. Remember they sent the least strange looking decepticon in Barricade after Sam.

True. I think you boys have one up over the girls as far as Transformers go :wink:

You played with the transformers and the girls played with the dolls (for the most part). I know I'm not familiar with all these characters & Transformer theme songs.
Maui
WoWie

Postby MasterWhedon on Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:53 pm

I'm not going to write up much of a review, but I gave the film--excuse me, the movie--an 8/10. I've seen it twice now and I've enjoyed it thoroughly both times. It's a big, silly spectacle, but I found it very entertaining--if occasionally dumb as rocks. Still, I laughed heartily, was thrilled merrily, and I found that damn Shia LeBouf to be irresistibly awesome.

I dig Michael Bay in something more than a guilty pleasure sort of way, but every criticism anyone's ever leveled against him is both a) true and b) blatantly apparent in this movie. Yes, product placement abounds. Yes, he's maybe a little racist. Yes, as Ribbons says, he's entirely xenophobic. But isn't he just so darn adorable?

Seriously though, the one shot that sort of sums up Bay as a director is the moment in the final battle when the ridiculously attractive woman in the blue dress kneels on the pavement and screams in slow motion as the camera tracks around her and Ironhide jumps/fires rockets through the air above her head. It's such a ludicrous moment that I've chuckled at it both times I've seen it, yet everything about it is supercool, masculine, heterosexual id thrown up onscreen. It's like he's screaming What fucking more do you want in a single shot?!

Michael Bay doesn't work as a big picture director, but as a moment-for-moment action guy, you're not gonna find much better than shit like that.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:04 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:Well they were still trying to be "robots in disguise" at that point thus a Raptor flying into a residential neighborhood would be sorta noticed. Remember they sent the least strange looking decepticon in Barricade after Sam.

yeah, 'cuz they didn't blow their own cover already when Blackout and Scorpio went ballistic on the base in Qatar?

and wasn't there a news conference about this evil new high tech wizardry?

c'mon Kaga, I know you liked it, but take off Grandpa Witwicky's glasses and view the lazy plotting for what it is...

Maui...yeah, I know, and in terms of the big picture (i.e. world ending) some civilian casualties are no big deal, and a city is, tactically, a far better place to make a stand against flying machines than an open, no-cover barren area...my queef is that the big fight only went down in the city for reasons you mentioned, KABOOM! 'SPLOSIONS!, rather than, I dunno, good writing and quality plotting.
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Chairman Kaga on Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:09 pm

Keepcoolbutcare wrote:
Chairman Kaga wrote:Well they were still trying to be "robots in disguise" at that point thus a Raptor flying into a residential neighborhood would be sorta noticed. Remember they sent the least strange looking decepticon in Barricade after Sam.

yeah, 'cuz they didn't blow their own cover already when Blackout and Scorpio went ballistic on the base in Qatar?

and wasn't there a news conference about this evil new high tech wizardry?

c'mon Kaga, I know you liked it, but take off Grandpa Witwicky's glasses and view the lazy plotting for what it is...

They did show themselves to the military in a foreign country and killed all but the remaining band who were completely cutoff at the time meanwhile the rest of the government was not aware of what was going on. SO yes flying a Raptor jet into a residential neighborhood right after Frenzy got the info off Air Force 1 would be exposing themselves unnecessarilly. You did see this movie right? :wink:

You are remembering the bit in the trailer where they over dub Voigt's dialogue from the end of the movie with the portion wherein he holds a press conference stating that a base was destroyed in Qatar and the guy from Las Vegas's wife is watching. That wasn't a press conference informing everyone of alien robots. In fact I found that change of dialogue from the trailer weird when I saw it.
Last edited by Chairman Kaga on Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:11 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:Michael Bay doesn't work as a big picture director, but as a moment-for-moment action guy, you're not gonna find much better than shit like that.

are you just as weirded out as I am by the fact that I agree with you on this?

"moment-for-moment", more like nano-second-for-nano-second, and even with the avid-fart-shitstorm of editing, every now and then a certain shot will drop my jaw.

now if he'd only linger on them for a wee bit longer...
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby unikrunk on Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:12 pm

Retarded Einstein wrote:I like pie. It's Transform-eriffic!!

He can't' love you back...
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Chairman Kaga on Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm

I'm only sad that they travel from Hoover Dam to LA instead of the nearest city to Hoover Dam....Las Vegas which I think would have been a cooler backdrop for a big robot battle.That said perhaps Bay consciously thought that would be too similar to the climax of Con-Air.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MasterWhedon on Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:18 pm

Keepcoolbutcare wrote:
MasterWhedon wrote:Michael Bay doesn't work as a big picture director, but as a moment-for-moment action guy, you're not gonna find much better than shit like that.

are you just as weirded out as I am by the fact that I agree with you on this?

"moment-for-moment", more like nano-second-for-nano-second, and even with the avid-fart-shitstorm of editing, every now and then a certain shot will drop my jaw.

now if he'd only linger on them for a wee bit longer...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

* mind explodes *

But for serious...

That's my thing about Bay: his individual ideas for shot composition are brilliant, but he doesn't have the discipline to stick with just one or two. He's always gotta go with twenty or thirty. Sometimes it works; most of the time it doesn't (for other people--I still dig it).

Aaaaaaaaanyway, I do agree with most that Bay's vices represent the worst of Hollywood today, but at the same time I can't get over how fucking ridiculously gifted the guy is. If he could just pull his head out of his ass--he'll never--he could be fucking legendary.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Chairman Kaga on Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:25 pm

On a side note I don't get the racist thing atleast with regards to Transformers. I mean Jazz doesn't have a race but yet the smarks due to their knowledge of the voice actor's race (and probably going back to Scatman Cruthers) view him as a "black" robot. Likewise I don't get the Spanish spewing soldier or the Qatar kid (Qatar is not in Iraq like most people have stated the kid is Iraqi) representing stereotypes or Bay's xenophobia. I mean if Bay was xenophobic wouldn't the Qatar kid be evil?
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MasterWhedon on Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:37 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:On a side note I don't get the racist thing atleast with regards to Transformers. I mean Jazz doesn't have a race but yet the smarks due to their knowledge of the voice actor's race (and probably going back to Scatman Cruthers) view him as a "black" robot. Likewise I don't get the Spanish spewing soldier or the Qatar kid (Qatar is not in Iraq like most people have stated the kid is Iraqi) representing stereotypes or Bay's xenophobia. I mean if Bay was xenophobic wouldn't the Qatar kid be evil?

I just read the xenophobia as Bay being like the Team America, "America, Fuck Yeah!" crowd--minus the satire. I don't necessarily mean it as a slam against the guy, but the way he fetishizes American military hardware is kinda like he's an American silverback gorilla proudly displaying all the shit we've got. "Who the fuck wants some?!"

The racism is a bigger Bay issue, one I've kinda felt from his previous films, but not somethig I'm prepared to get into without at least re-watching Bad Boys 1 & 2--both of which I can't stand.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Transformers Sucked! Debate THIS!

Postby bastard_robo on Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:37 pm

tapehead wrote:Oh come on Maui, the soundtrack featured Linkin Park and the goo goo dolls, among others, and failed to make use of 80's Transformers classic 'The Touch'. 'nuff said.

They did use the whole speech between Megatron and Optimus during the fight sceen that was in the Original movie before the two killed each other.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:58 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:SO yes flying a Raptor jet into a residential neighborhood right after Frenzy got the info off Air Force 1 would be exposing themselves unnecessarilly.

Point of the Decepticons revealing themselves...to attain information on the AllSparkplug and Megatron.

They find out where/who holds the proverbial key for this, the magical Witwicky glasses...and they send one, count 'em, ONE full sized warrior and his Salcaious B. Crumb-esque crony.

and since they were going to go rather public once they got the glasses that will lead 'em to the AllSparky...'yup, makes perfect sense, great writing!

Chairman Kaga wrote:You are remembering the bit in the trailer where they over dub Voigt's dialogue from the end of the movie with the portion wherein he holds a press conference stating that a base was destroyed in Qatar and the guy from Las Vegas's wife is watching. That wasn't a press conference informing everyone of alien robots.

hahaha! Oh man, wait...so just 'cuz Voight didn't say it was a giant robot attack (which I never said he said), but does most definitely mention a "new, evil, terrorist-tech" {paraphrase} during a national press conference, I guess Starscream couldn't add the 0 and the 1 (there's no 2) together to realize that the jig was about to be up?

"Hey, Starscream, we've found what we're looking for!"
"I'm still fucking this toaster! Send our weakest fighter, one who can't even take out Bumblebee!" {imagined}

keep making excuses for Starscream doing nothing tho', they are so amusing!
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby doglips on Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:17 pm

Keepcoolbutcare wrote:"Hey, Starscream, we've found what we're looking for!" "I'm still fucking this toaster! Send our weakest fighter, one who can't even take out Bumblebee!" {imagined}

Hahaha, I can't wait to see this movie.
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby Seppuku on Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:18 pm

You know, ChairmanKaga3000, if this animation gig falls through, you'd be the perfect guy to write tie-in/expanded Universe novels. You've just got that knack for absorbing these filmic Universes into your system. It'd be a shame if you didn't get an opportunity to put that gift to better use than arguing with calfboy here.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby ONeillSG1 on Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:23 pm

Who changed the thread title? It's a lie.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby Chairman Kaga on Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:25 pm

seppukudkurosawa wrote:You know, ChairmanKaga3000, if this animation gig falls through, you'd be the perfect guy to write tie-in/expanded Universe novels. You've just got that knack for absorbing these filmic Universes into your system. It'd be a shame if you didn't get an opportunity to put that gift to better use than arguing with calfboy here.

I have no idea what to think. Like is this the snarkiest or snarky comments or is it made in good faith like a compliment? Either way I'm cold and scared.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MasterWhedon on Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:26 pm

ONeillSG1 wrote:Who changed the thread title? It's a lie.

Changed back!
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Zarles on Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:26 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:
Chairman Kaga wrote:On a side note I don't get the racist thing atleast with regards to Transformers. I mean Jazz doesn't have a race but yet the smarks due to their knowledge of the voice actor's race (and probably going back to Scatman Cruthers) view him as a "black" robot. Likewise I don't get the Spanish spewing soldier or the Qatar kid (Qatar is not in Iraq like most people have stated the kid is Iraqi) representing stereotypes or Bay's xenophobia. I mean if Bay was xenophobic wouldn't the Qatar kid be evil?

I just read the xenophobia as Bay being like the Team America, "America, Fuck Yeah!" crowd--minus the satire. I don't necessarily mean it as a slam against the guy, but the way he fetishizes American military hardware is kinda like he's an American silverback gorilla proudly displaying all the shit we've got. "Who the fuck wants some?!"

The racism is a bigger Bay issue, one I've kinda felt from his previous films, but not somethig I'm prepared to get into without at least re-watching Bad Boys 1 & 2--both of which I can't stand.

I don't get the racism either, (not in this movie, anyway) but what I really don't get is the complaining about the 'excessive' use of military equipment. What else are the puny human scum supposed to use to fight off giant fucking robots from space - slingshots? Yes, it gets excessive in movies like Armageddon, but I thought it fit right in with Transformers.

Oh, and to answer the question as to why Starscream wasn't used more - money. That's why. I've read in interviews and wiki sites about how expensive it was to animate Optimus Prime and the other 'lead' robots, so sidelining the other characters seemed to be a necessary evil. The next one should get a bigger budget, (as well as a reduced cost for all the CG techniques that have now been created specifically for these movies) so hopefully Starscream and others will show up more then.
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Maui on Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:30 pm

I saw the racism too.

One example: while in Qatar, Duhamel frantically calls to the dispatch in order to get through to the Pentagon (his emergency call).

I don't need to explain anymore - the scene spoke for itself.
Last edited by Maui on Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maui
WoWie

Postby doglips on Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:30 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:
seppukudkurosawa wrote:You know, ChairmanKaga3000, if this animation gig falls through, you'd be the perfect guy to write tie-in/expanded Universe novels. You've just got that knack for absorbing these filmic Universes into your system. It'd be a shame if you didn't get an opportunity to put that gift to better use than arguing with calfboy here.

I have no idea what to think. Like is this the snarkiest or snarky comments or is it made in good faith like a compliment? Either way I'm cold and scared.

I think Sepp is being genuine, there Kaga.
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby Chairman Kaga on Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:31 pm

Yeah if nothing else all of the development CG wise of creating the models and animations for the transformations (unlees they change everything in the next film) should make things somewhat cheaper. Much like how the new Hulk's CG would be cheaper if they would use the same model from Ang Lee's but they don't seem to be doing that.

Maui wrote:I saw the racism too.

One example: while in Qatar, Duhamel frantically calls to the dispatch in order to get through to the Pentagon (his emergency call).

I don't need to explain anymore - the scene spoke for itself.

Well (not starting a fight) but that same gimmick was used in Heartbreak Ridge and Three Kings ie using a calling card or credit card to make a call to the US because standard channels are screwed up somehow. I think it was loosely based of incidents in Grenada using land lines. The difference in Transformers being that it's used as a jab at globalization/outsourcing. I don't see it as racist but it will definitely be something that dates the film years from now.
Last edited by Chairman Kaga on Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ONeillSG1 on Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:35 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:
ONeillSG1 wrote:Who changed the thread title? It's a lie.

Changed back!

You kick @$$, sir.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby Seppuku on Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:45 pm

doglips wrote:
Chairman Kaga wrote:

I think Sepp is being genuine, there Kaga.

The man knows of what he speaks. But snarkiness is way cooler, so interpret it that way if you like.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby Chairman Kaga on Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:47 pm

I meant snarkiest of snarky...
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:50 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:Seriously though, the one shot that sort of sums up Bay as a director is the moment in the final battle when the ridiculously attractive woman in the blue dress kneels on the pavement and screams in slow motion as the camera tracks around her and Ironhide jumps/fires rockets through the air above her head. It's such a ludicrous moment that I've chuckled at it both times I've seen it, yet everything about it is supercool, masculine, heterosexual id thrown up onscreen. It's like he's screaming What fucking more do you want in a single shot?!

Well, for starters, a little less so we could tell what the fuck was going on. Or even better, how about going into that shot actually knowing who that particular Transformer was?
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Chairman Kaga on Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:52 pm

burl how could you not tell which transformer that was after Prime introduced them by name and everything?
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:54 pm

Uh... are you serious? I mean they ALL looked the same to me? Is that racist on my part? The only ones I could tell apart were Optimus Prime and Bumblebee.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Chairman Kaga on Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:58 pm

Yeah I'm serious. They really didn't seem as indistinct as you are making out. I mean at the very least all of the Autobots were different colors.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:10 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:Yeah I'm serious. They really didn't seem as indistinct as you are making out. I mean at the very least all of the Autobots were different colors.

Hmmm, well perhaps they seemed indistinct TO ME, Kaga. Jesus Christ. And I couldn't tell who was what color when they were transformed. They had terrible designs. They sucked.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Discussion