The Movie Trailers 'Я' Us Thread

All the dirt. All the top secret stuff. Anything that has to do with the process of getting us to sit and watch something projected on the big screen.

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:51 am

batch of Asian action pics that've gotten mixed reviews, but, at least from their assorted trailers, look like they deliver on the violence end of the spectrum.

CITY OF VIOLENCE, out of Korea, looks to be the most promising, tho' the music, either by or inspired by Tomoyasu Hotei, and the House of Blue Leaves like set-piece bring to mind KILL BILL 1. Which isn't really a bad thing, just saying...anyway, lots of get-some, and I like the playfulness.
teaser.
trailer.

I've got a post already for FLASH POINT above, but here's another...if you were as ambivalent about S.P.L as I was (best 10minutes of on-screen action that year, aside from that, nuthin'.) this teaser looks to placate our fears by just showing Donnie Yen fucking shit up. No dialogue in any of the teasers/trailers so far, and I'm digging the trend. Make for fun trailer watching at the very least.

This is the 3rd time I've shouted out to EXILED. It's getting a very limited release, and will be out on DVD by, oh, October. It'll be worth the wait.

Ah, the omnibus film. Roundly panned at Canned, (omnibus film misses bus?) featuring one director in his prime and two others who've sadly not cranked out masterpieces in quite some time, TRIANGLE, where Johnnie To (prime), Ringo Lam & Tsui Hark (hotsy-notsy) each take turns helming 3rds.
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tfactor on Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:56 pm

Vantage Point trailer is now online but you have to scroll down to the bottom right of this page and then click the link "exclusive: vantage point trailer"

This looks pretty decent

crap gotta go, can't say anymore .. enjoy!
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby LeFlambeur on Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:32 am

Private Fears in Public Places
If somebdy has already mentioned this, I'm sorry, but Alain Resnais' new film is out and the trailer looks absolutely gorgeous. This has top priority on my to see list.
LeFlambeur
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:26 pm

Okay... did anyone else see that bad ass UNTITLED JJ ABRAMS trailer before Transformers? I want to see it again, but stink at finding shit like that.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby RaulMonkey on Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:45 pm

RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:48 pm

thanks Raul!
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby stereosforgeeks on Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:12 pm

Trailer for Feast of Love. The book is quite amazing and if the movie can hold 1/10th of the power of the novel it will bve quite the romance hit.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Killer Wave: trailer speaks for itself. VID

Postby NJSPUNK908 on Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:39 pm

Just watch this thing. NOW. Nobody can tell you what the Killer Wave is…you must see for yourself.

Trailer: http://youtube.com/watch?v=eDKApD8ixUc
NJSPUNK908
GLIB

Postby TonyWilson on Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:43 am

The Nine

So that looks quite intriguing, though I'm cautious that it may just be a bit of a mess. Ryan Reynolds bugs me a little bit, always seems a bit too smug.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby havocSchultz on Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:09 am

NJSPUNK908 wrote:Just watch this thing. NOW. Nobody can tell you what the Killer Wave is…you must see for yourself.

What's The Matri...I mean The Killer Wave...?
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Fievel on Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:22 am

That wave movie looks cool in a Deep Impact/Armageddon sort of way. It looks horrible in a Paul W.S. Anderson sort of way.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby DennisMM on Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:16 pm

About that wave movie -- is RHI code for SciFi?

I am so sick of Apple Trailers. I can't upgrade my Quick Time without an admin, and I'm not going to ask for it, 'cos they might want to know why.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby Fievel on Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:50 pm

I didn't see this anywhere yet.

Kevin Bacon gets pissed off:

Death Sentence
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby tfactor on Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:06 am

The Last Winter trailer here

...no time to say goodbye, HELLO - I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby burlivesleftnut on Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:37 pm

Man when are we going to retire that Muse song that is in every trailer nowadays. I heard it in two trailers in a row this weekend (Beowulf and Death Sentence). Isn't that like 4 trailers it has been used in this year alone? The only other one I can think of right off the top of my head is 28 Weeks Later, but it also showed up in the pilot of the Bionic Woman! ARGH!
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Ribbons on Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:55 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:Man when are we going to retire that Muse song that is in every trailer nowadays. I heard it in two trailers in a row this weekend (Beowulf and Death Sentence). Isn't that like 4 trailers it has been used in this year alone? The only other one I can think of right off the top of my head is 28 Weeks Later, but it also showed up in the pilot of the Bionic Woman! ARGH!

Are you sure that's a Muse song? I think that's actually a piece of music from 28 Days Later.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby burlivesleftnut on Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:56 pm

Pretty sure!
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Ribbons on Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:59 pm

We're talking about the music at the end of the Death Sentence trailer just so we're clear, right?

I think I'm right, but I do agree with you that Muse songs are used much too much in previews nowadays.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Peven on Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:38 pm

Chili, you never told us you sold the movie rights to your autobiography.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/mgm/larsandtherealgirl/trailer/

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Peven on Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:42 pm

this movie looks so close to home in some ways its spooky. just put it on my must see list for fall too.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/touchstone/daninreallife/

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby so sorry on Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:29 pm

Peven wrote:this movie looks so close to home in some ways its spooky. just put it on my must see list for fall too.

hmmm, just watched that trailer and I gotta say it looks like standard fare to me (the choice of My Love by Pete Townsend really made me roll my eyes). Does it deserve the "Chick flick" tag?
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Peven on Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:19 pm

so sorry wrote:
Peven wrote:this movie looks so close to home in some ways its spooky. just put it on my must see list for fall too.

hmmm, just watched that trailer and I gotta say it looks like standard fare to me (the choice of My Love by Pete Townsend really made me roll my eyes). Does it deserve the "Chick flick" tag?

well, i wouldn't go so far as to say "chick flick", because most movies that fall in that category seem like insidiously shallow tripe to me. i'd say this looks more like an Ed Burns kinda flick, with less Boston accent.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Peven on Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:27 am

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby so sorry on Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:04 am

man, I need to go read a history book... a queen of England led an army on a battlefield? Really?

That looked like a pretty movie.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Peven on Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:00 am

talk about timing. this just up over at apple.com

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/drillbittaylor/

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby havocSchultz on Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:50 am

havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby tapehead on Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:58 am

Elizabeth, the sequel looks great, too.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby so sorry on Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:56 am

havocSchultz wrote:WORST. TRAILER. EVAR.

Seriously...

Jeebus.... have to agree with you on this one.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby havocSchultz on Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:00 am

so sorry wrote:
havocSchultz wrote:WORST. TRAILER. EVAR.

Seriously...

Jeebus.... have to agree with you on this one.

It just keeps going and going...and getting worse and worse...I almost cried for each and every person involved...

Then I realized they probably made a fuckload of money for this...

So I went and touched myself...
Which also caused me to cry...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Re: Killer Wave: trailer speaks for itself. VID

Postby bastard_robo on Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:50 am

NJSPUNK908 wrote:Just watch this thing. NOW. Nobody can tell you what the Killer Wave is…you must see for yourself.

Even though the acutall "EVENT" movie looks like shit,

that first part of the trailer, the night sceen, is one of my worst nightmares.

I had a dream that thats how im going to die, Tidal Wave/Tsunami at the beach at night.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby havocSchultz on Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:51 am

Then don't go to the beach at night...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

The Movie Trailers 'R' Us Thread

Postby bastard_robo on Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:36 pm

havocSchultz wrote:Then don't go to the beach at night...

I live in Orange County in Cali, I'm practically living on the beach.

But yeah, I stay as far away from the main body of water as possible!
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby havocSchultz on Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:10 am

havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby LaDracul on Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:59 pm

I saw the trailer for "Sydney White". As much as I like seeing modernized fairy tales (Though I will have to say that I would've made some changes to "A Cinderella Story") and Amanda Bynes, this just looked like another stereotype fest. The Hasiddic Jew group was a nice touch, but come on, not all sorority girls are blonde and bitchy (Well, except for her bouncy friend in the beginning, who's looking forward to being friends), not all goth girls are industrial fetish goths with black hair, and I would give geek boys a chance. She does become friends with them, but I'd actually date one of the guys she takes up residence with. You know, I think "The New Guy" got it right when Dizzy makes the student body realize that they're all in it together and unites the school, no matter who they are. At least many of those cliques looked like normal, diverse teens.

Anyway, this makes me wonder-What happened to the modern day "Beauty and the Beast" movie called "Pretty Ugly" where a handsome but conceited man wakes up to find he's turned into an ugly slob and has to earn the love of a woman to turn back into his old self? Now I'd really like to see that one made.
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby havocSchultz on Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:46 pm

LaDracul wrote:I saw the trailer for "Sydney White". As much as I like seeing modernized fairy tales (Though I will have to say that I would've made some changes to "A Cinderella Story") and Amanda Bynes, this just looked like another stereotype fest. The Hasiddic Jew group was a nice touch, but come on, not all sorority girls are blonde and bitchy (Well, except for her bouncy friend in the beginning, who's looking forward to being friends), not all goth girls are industrial fetish goths with black hair, and I would give geek boys a chance. She does become friends with them, but I'd actually date one of the guys she takes up residence with. You know, I think "The New Guy" got it right when Dizzy makes the student body realize that they're all in it together and unites the school, no matter who they are. At least many of those cliques looked like normal, diverse teens.

Anyway, this makes me wonder-What happened to the modern day "Beauty and the Beast" movie called "Pretty Ugly" where a handsome but conceited man wakes up to find he's turned into an ugly slob and has to earn the love of a woman to turn back into his old self? Now I'd really like to see that one made.

I used to wanna give Amanda Bynes a shot in the face...

Then I saw that preview...and she looks like she fell asleep in a tanning bed for a month...

Now I just wanna shoot her in the face...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

"MAH-HAH!"

Postby LaDracul on Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:48 pm

You know, I'm more like, "WHY THE HELL DIDN'T THEY MAKE A MOVIE BASED ON HER COURTNEY CHARACTER?!"

It'd certainly be better than her new one...

And dammit, that Courtney clip has been taken off of YouTube...dammit.
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:25 am

havocSchultz wrote:
LaDracul wrote:I saw the trailer for "Sydney White". As much as I like seeing modernized fairy tales (Though I will have to say that I would've made some changes to "A Cinderella Story") and Amanda Bynes, this just looked like another stereotype fest. The Hasiddic Jew group was a nice touch, but come on, not all sorority girls are blonde and bitchy (Well, except for her bouncy friend in the beginning, who's looking forward to being friends), not all goth girls are industrial fetish goths with black hair, and I would give geek boys a chance. She does become friends with them, but I'd actually date one of the guys she takes up residence with. You know, I think "The New Guy" got it right when Dizzy makes the student body realize that they're all in it together and unites the school, no matter who they are. At least many of those cliques looked like normal, diverse teens.

I used to wanna give Amanda Bynes a shot in the face...

Then I saw that preview...and she looks like she fell asleep in a tanning bed for a month...

Now I just wanna shoot her in the face...

Without having EVER read this thread...I stumbled upon the Sydney White trailer and had BOTH of these exact same thoughts (except the "dating the dorks part"). So I rush in here to post the trailer and talk about how awful and stereotypical it is...and how Amanda Bynes looks TERRIBLE with her fake tan...

...alas, you both beat me to it.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Peven on Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:08 am

hoser

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Maui on Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:25 pm

Angels in the Dust

ANGELS IN THE DUST won the 2007 Emerging Pictures/Full Frame Audience Award at the Full Frame Documentary Film Festival and the 2007 Special Jury Prize for Best Documentary at the Seattle International Film Festival.

http://uncutvideo.aol.com/videos/c2797c4672b61613c93b89d2e8887038

[quote]ANGELS IN THE DUST is the inspiring story of Marion Cloete, a university-trained therapist who—with her husband and two daughters—fearlessly walked away from a privileged life in a wealthy Johannesburg suburb to establish Boikarabelo (formerly Botshabelo), an extraordinary village and school that provide shelter, food, and education to more than 550 South African children.

The tale of Marion and the orphans she cares for is echoed in a dramatic parallel saga of the orphaned elephants of Pilanesberg National Park in South Africa. The longtime government practice of culling— killing adult elephants to control herd sizes—tore apart the complex social fabric of elephant culture, a fabric that is not unlike that of the traditionally close-knit African village. As a result, orphaned elephants grew up exhibiting unusually violent behavior, such as attacking and goring rhinos. But elder elephants were recently introduced into the Pilanesberg population to resocialize the young. The experiment is working—and it offers a resonant reflection of the healing taking place for the human children being “reparentedâ€
Maui
WoWie

Postby Peven on Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:50 pm

i like a good documentary, and this looks pretty good.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/kingcorn/

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby dislexsickNik on Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:51 am

Dunno if anyones seen this yet or is interested in it but the trailer for the sequel to cult 80's animated flick CAT CITY (mackasfogo) has recently surfaced its all in hungarian but still looks damn cool and nice to see some 2D animation http://www.macskafogo.net/movie/Trailer.mov
dislexsickNik
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby so sorry on Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:38 am

Fievel wrote:There's also Weirdsville

Jeebus, that looks terrible, and the tagline is hysterically bad... "It’s one crazy night in one crazy town!"

But it has midgets!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:07 am

Wristcutters

Looks very interesting.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Fried Gold on Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:37 pm

http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/thetencommandments/trailer/

How cheap does that look?!?!

Christian Slater as Moses?
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Bob Samonkey on Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:48 pm

Fried Gold wrote:http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/thetencommandments/trailer/

What about Elliott Gould as God?

Between this and Alvin and the Chipmunks movie this is going to be a banner holiday season...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Fried Gold on Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:27 pm

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/thetencommandments/trailer/

What about Elliott Gould as God?

Between this and Alvin and the Chipmunks movie this is going to be a banner holiday season...

Elliott Gould sounds like he's bringing at unitentional sarcastic/ironic tone to the voice of Gold.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby papalazeru on Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:55 pm

What is it with religious cúnts?

Keep them away from the film bizz.

I especially hate Christian movies....

I've had one hell of a week dealing with rushes from a Christian family on a TV show....String 'em up, I say...freakin' weirdos. Spent all of this week with a Christian family who border on evangelical, they follow the bible like it's the 'word of God' and they do it to the letter. Oh Jesus, and that whole 'god created the world in 7 days'.....Morons......
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby Peven on Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:06 pm

what the hell is Christian Slater doing in a religious movie?? is he another alcoholic who has "seen the light"??? fuck, born agains are the fucking worst

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby papalazeru on Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:10 pm

Peven wrote:what the hell is Christian Slater doing in a religious movie?? is he another alcoholic who has "seen the light"??? fuck, born agains are the fucking worst

Seconded. It's like Ex smokers who cough when someone lights up.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby Fievel on Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:12 pm

papalazeru wrote:What is it with religious cúnts?

Dude... they're called "nuns"....

...oh, whoops. :oops:

:lol:
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

PreviousNext

Return to Movie News