Millenium

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Millenium

Postby TonyWilson on Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:53 am

One of the best shortlived shows out there at times it surpassed the X-Files.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Tony, please, I NEED MY BRAIN

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:09 pm

um, yup! "And don't be reading my mind between 4 and 5, that's Willies Time!"
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:38 pm

Season 1... donna remember which episode, but it was a the one where Frank tries to find a the little a bambino that's been a kidnapped from a the girl who narrates a the episode... BEST a music inna the TV show inna that episode... prolly best music onna the whole TV ever.
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby DennisMM on Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:53 pm

I enjoyed it early on, then found it dull. The season two finale made me actually turn off the TV, briefly. Never again will I watch Kristen Cloke roll dice and go nuts for seven minutes while Patty Smith's "Horses" plays in the background. Oy. Season three supposedly got things back on course, but I couldn't bring myself to watch it.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:07 pm

^^^ QUA? I loved that two part season finale, couldn't believe that an entire segment of the show was devoted to Patti Smith's "Horses". What other show in TV History has EVER used that song (Sure, it was commercial for Patti, but it's a rippin tune. Lenny Kaye baby!) for someone who was having an epic breakdown with apocalyptic omens? It worked for me because I couldn't believe it just kept going, and going, and going. Though Cloke does look weird in close-ups.

Season 3 BLEW! They wrote out Cloke, Frank's wife, John Locke was scantly seen. Plus, Morgan and Wong weren't involved anymore and thus no Darin Morgan, who wrote the comedic episodes.

Anybody else notice the GREEN!!! MODERATORS, BABY!!! "I HAVE THE POWER!!!"

Doc rocks.
Last edited by Keepcoolbutcare on Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DennisMM on Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:15 pm

keepcoolbutcare wrote:^^^ QUA? I loved that two part season finale, couldn't believe that an entire segment of the show was devoted to Patti Smith's "Horses". What other show in TV History has EVER used that song (Sure, it was commercial for Patti, but it's a rippin tune. Lenny Kaye baby!) for someone who was having an epic breakdown with apocalyptic omens? It worked for me because I couldn't believe it just kept going, and going, and going. Though Cloke does look weird in close-ups.

Maybe I just wasn't ready for something like it. I had pretty well soured on the show by then, anyway, and it seemed very self-indulgent. Though I did like the end, with Frank catatonic and Jordan in his lap, laughing.

Too bad season three sucked. They really shouldn't have been able to have a season three, should they? Wasn't the plague supposed to kill at least hundreds of thousands, if not millions? Whoops! October comes, it was just an epidemiological blip -- at least according to "The X-Files."
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:23 pm

All too true Dennis.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:49 am

Season 3, she hadda the good ending though, no? John Locke, shot inna the head. Great a story arc, iffa you look at a him from a the very beginning.
DinoDeLaurentiis

Postby PVIII on Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:24 am

Didn't Millenium actually end in a season 7 x-files episode? I remember not watching the show because it freaked me the hell out.

PVIII
"It's an Illusion!"--GOB
PVIII
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:28 am

Okay, iffa you wanna split a the hairs, yes... but I did like a the Season 3 ending.
DinoDeLaurentiis

Postby DennisMM on Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:19 pm

DinoDeLaurentiis wrote:Okay, iffa you wanna split a the hairs, yes... but I did like a the Season 3 ending.

I never saw it, so I just did a web search. Frank and Jordan fleeing from the wrath of the Group? Jebus, did Carter not know how to end a show except with the protagonists fleeing the wrath of a powerful group?
DennisMM

Return to Coaxial