100 Best TV Shows of All-TIME!

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:42 pm

Chilli wrote:
Sugar Rush?

How about a big bowl of no?

AAAAAOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

SHOCKED FACE SHOCKED FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You cut me deep, Chilli, you cut me deep!!!
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Fried Gold on Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:46 pm

Scrubs isn't listed there either. And it should be, considering it's gone six years with only 2 sub-par episodes.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Ribbons on Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:48 pm

Fried Gold wrote:Scrubs isn't listed there either. And it should be, considering it's gone six years with only 2 sub-par episodes.

:shock:

What are the two?
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:49 pm

Must be the ones that I watched then, FG. Overdone ghastly comedy I found it to be.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Chilli on Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:49 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:
Chilli wrote:
Sugar Rush?

The show just creeps me out.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby Chilli on Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:50 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:Must be the ones that I watched then, FG. Overdone ghastly comedy I found it to be.

Right about this point I'd like to yell 'YOU FOOL, YOU FOOL, WATCH SUCH AND SUCH AN EP', but the eps in question only work if you know the show from start to that point.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:51 pm

Chilli wrote:
Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:
Chilli wrote:
Sugar Rush?

The show just creeps me out.

You creep me out. I creep THAT show out. Damn proud of it too!!
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Chilli on Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:51 pm

But you're not striving for acclaim.

Or are you?
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:00 pm

Chilli wrote:But you're not striving for acclaim.

Or are you?

I dunno man! Maybe if you wanna icrease your chances with women - you WILL watch SUGAR RUSH!!!!!!! Get on the Sugar Rush Hour now man!!!!!! Get in touch with your girly side.

Then wear this...

Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby MonkeyM666 on Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:23 pm

Come on BSG.... Numbero uno

oh and Dragon Ball Z is pretty good too... and Full Metal Alchemest, Grey's Anatomy, Lost, The Cosby Show (the first and second series), I love Lucy, Perry Mason(I always loved the music), The Sopranos, and Let the Blood run free (that wasn´t actually good mind, but it has a special place in my heart). Most of them are in that list. I don't really like Friends but I know why it's there... it was perfectly made for the times. It's pretty naff watching any of it now.

Sex in the City is pretty Damed good too...

I'd also like to put the Muppet show in there. It is still very funny and very well made. Greg the Bunny is good too but it's not really a top 100 contender.
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby vicious_bastard on Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:26 pm

Chilli wrote:Lost to me is like dating a killer chick for a year, and she's real nice, then in the second year she'll randomly hit you with a frying pan, and in the third - whoa boy - if you're lucky she'll only tell you she's really a courier for polyglobalhypersuperwebproducts, a firm selling what can only be described as a form of anthrax taken rectally twice a day for thirty-seven minutes.

Heheh. I reckon the last episode will have a similar effect to finding a photo of someone putting your toothbrush up their arse. Four years after the deed was done.

Brass Eye was hardly likely to feature in a US list, but I believe it to be the finest show ever made.
vicious_bastard
AIRWOLF

Postby minstrel on Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:36 pm

And where's HBO's "From The Earth To The Moon"? That was a fantastic series.
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Re: 100 Best TV Shows of All-TIME!

Postby Pacino86845 on Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:06 am

Leckomaniac wrote:Personally, I find it funny that Freaks & Geeks tends to always make the list. Don't get me wrong...I LOVE Freaks & Geeks. It is funny. But to put it in the 100 greatest shows of all time? I would put Angel up there (for S05 alone). Wonderfalls was just as good, IMO. Both it and Firefly were also shortlived, but just as memorable.

Here it seems that you just don't like Freaks and Geeks ENOUGH, so it's not just a question of how long it ran...

Leckomaniac wrote:It seems that British shows are determined to be the exception to the rule. Both The Office UK and The Prisoner had very short runs and it would be hard to leave them off of any "best of all time" list. I still think that Freaks & Geeks simply does not belong. I love the show dearly, but I would have to disagree with anyone putting it on the "Best of all time" list. Just my personal opinion.

According to your criterion, Roots should be taken off the list...

And yes, it is your opinion that Freaks and Geeks be left off the list... I'm not saying it *deserves* to be on (I haven't watched 'em all yet), but if the number of episodes is one criterion according to you, then I think we can come up with a list of criteria that would eliminate about half the shows on the list.

For instance, shouldn't shows be scripted/produced for the public? Selling ad-time should not qualify a program if we are going to get picky.

-I mean, "The Real World"? 4 REALZ?
-I don't know why the Super Bowl is on either... I mean, it's a live recording of a football match.
-And we can go on and on...
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby Leckomaniac on Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:14 am

I tend to waver back and forth with Freaks & Geeks. I think, in the end, it is a combination of both its limited number of episodes and its quality. I mean something like Prisoner and The Office UK, to me, can transcend their small number of episodes and prove beyond a doubt that they should be included. Freaks & Geeks, to me, simply does not do that. I may have contradicted myself a bit with those two posts, but I spend a great deal of time thinking about this (I know right...why!?!?! I need a life) and I go back and forth on F&G.

I completely hate most of this list. I mean really there are some wacky shows on there. However, if you look at the criteria that the writer uses to compile the list it sort of makes sense. It is kind of a mixture of every factor you could think of (pop-culture impact, longevity, quality, etc).

What I would prefer from these "best of all time" lists is a panel of sorts. This list suffers because it is ultimately just one guys opinion. Each choice should be put subjected to scrutiny from other members of the panel. Someone needs to make the case for Freaks & Geeks and then said panel would decide. That way, they could include the justification/case for each of their choices.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Pacino86845 on Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:16 am

Leckomaniac wrote:I tend to waver back and forth with Freaks & Geeks. I think, in the end, it is a combination of both its limited number of episodes and its quality. I mean something like Prisoner and The Office UK, to me, can transcend their small number of episodes and prove beyond a doubt that they should be included. Freaks & Geeks, to me, simply does not do that. I may have contradicted myself a bit with those two posts, but I spend a great deal of time thinking about this (I know right...why!?!?! I need a life) and I go back and forth on F&G.

I completely hate most of this list. I mean really there are some wacky shows on there. However, if you look at the criteria that the writer uses to compile the list it sort of makes sense. It is kind of a mixture of every factor you could think of (pop-culture impact, longevity, quality, etc).

What I would prefer from these "best of all time" lists is a panel of sorts. This list suffers because it is ultimately just one guys opinion. Each choice should be put subjected to scrutiny from other members of the panel. Someone needs to make the case for Freaks & Geeks and then said panel would decide. That way, they could include the justification/case for each of their choices.

Heheheh, no worries Lecko, thanks for replying, I was just trying to understand your viewpoint.

How about your own personal Top 10 list of all-time favorite TV shows?

Have at it, man! Post it here!
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Re: 100 Best TV Shows of All-TIME!

Postby so sorry on Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:45 pm

Monty Python Reunion Show in London sells 72,000 tickets in under a minute

But good news, they added 4 more shows. But bad news, they sold out right away too...
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Previous

Return to Coaxial