Spielberg's LINCOLN

New movies! Old movies! B-movies! Discuss discuss discuss!!!

Spielberg's LINCOLN

Postby day-lewislover on Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:52 pm

Does anybody have any info as to why this has been put on hold / This was due to begin shooting next month but i have heard today that Spielbergs publicist Marvin Levy has said that htis project is now as he puts it"up in the air" this is a complete and utter mystery as Liam Neeson has been doing months of research for this and has been losing lots of weight so that he looks like Lincoln if anybody has got any info please post it!! :shock: :o
day-lewislover
GLIB

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:55 pm

I talk a to Steve about a this a the other day, eh? He said he was a gonna to put it onna hold unna'til a he could a find someway to work inna the scene where a the group of a the Civil War orphans could a gather around a the Lincoln anna touch a the mole onna his a face alla the while having a the Johnny Williams "The Wonder of a the Child" (TM) music playing inna the background, eh?

It could a be months a before alla the schedules, they can a be worked out, no?
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:56 pm

I'm sure Neeson will be 'compensated' for his work. Spielberg keeps doing this. Got a long awaited movie that everyone thinks will be great, then he puts it back and back 'cos he comes up with an idea to shoot some piece of crap right at the last minute, first. Like interrupting Munich with WOTW, or continuously postponing Memoirs of A Geisha with other films until he no longer wants to make it. Catch Me If You Can was an abrupt and sudden decision to film by my impression.

Dunno why I'm saying this. Abraham Lincoln was a ratehr quick announcement anyway, and not a film I'm so far interested in for Spielberg.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Doc Holliday on Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:58 pm

am I suffering from Wishful thinking in hoping Indy IV is at least in part involved in Spielberg jiggling his schedule around again?

Pleasepleaseplease.....
"I think the worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades..."

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Re: Abraham Lincoln-why on hold?

Postby HollywoodBabylon on Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:06 pm

neesonlover wrote:Does anybody have any info as to why this has been put on hold / This was due to begin shooting next month but i have heard today that Spielbergs publicist Marvin Levy has said that htis project is now as he puts it"up in the air" this is a complete and utter mystery as Liam Neeson has been doing months of research for this and has been losing lots of weight so that he looks like Lincoln if anybody has got any info please post it!! :shock: :o

Could it have anything to do with getting 'Indy 4' off the ground sooner than later? Before Harrison Ford starts stooping in his old age.......?
HollywoodBabylon
AIRWOLF

Postby day-lewislover on Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:33 pm

DinoDeLaurentiis wrote:I talk a to Steve about a this a the other day, eh? He said he was a gonna to put it onna hold unna'til a he could a find someway to work inna the scene where a the group of a the Civil War orphans could a gather around a the Lincoln anna touch a the mole onna his a face alla the while having a the Johnny Williams "The Wonder of a the Child" (TM) music playing inna the background, eh?

It could a be months a before alla the schedules, they can a be worked out, no?

Dino be serious dont take the mick eh!! :x

day-lewislover
GLIB

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:47 pm

You got a me paisan... I have a no idea what a that means, eh?
DinoDeLaurentiis

Postby Chairman Kaga on Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:22 pm

HollywoodBabylon wrote:
neesonlover wrote:Does anybody have any info as to why this has been put on hold / This was due to begin shooting next month but i have heard today that Spielbergs publicist Marvin Levy has said that htis project is now as he puts it"up in the air" this is a complete and utter mystery as Liam Neeson has been doing months of research for this and has been losing lots of weight so that he looks like Lincoln if anybody has got any info please post it!! :shock: :o

Could it have anything to do with getting 'Indy 4' off the ground sooner than later? Before Harrison Ford starts stooping in his old age.......?

Maybe Steven saw Harrison reading the docotr Seuss intro to the SUper Bowl this past Sunday and saw how little time he has left.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Nachokoolaid on Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:45 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:
HollywoodBabylon wrote:

Maybe Steven saw Harrison reading the docotr Seuss intro to the SUper Bowl this past Sunday and saw how little time he has left.

Or perhaps he was inspired and he wants to develop a new Indy script where it takes place in Whoville, or something, and every line of dialog rhymes.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Ribbons on Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:46 pm

That would be the best Indiana Jones movie, ever.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Ribbons on Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:40 am

So according to Newsweek, Sally Field is going to play Mary Todd in Spielberg's Lincoln movie. No word on when the project is moving forward, although 2009 is the 200th anniversary of Lincoln's birth.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:41 pm

Ribbons wrote:So according to Newsweek, Sally Field is going to play Mary Todd in Spielberg's Lincoln movie.

Lincoln: Anna so, my darling Mary... you wanna to accept a this a ring anna be a my wife, eh?

Mary Todd: Holy crappa! You like a me, eh? You REALLY like a me!
DinoDeLaurentiis

Postby Ribbons on Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:45 pm

Shoot it, print it... inna the can!
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby unikrunk on Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:46 pm

Abraham Lincoln-why on hold?

- All lines are currently busy??

Seriously, I can't think of a more riveting subject for a film then Fighting Abe Lincoln. Really, I just can't. I have a very, very limited imagination, and next to zero creativity.

He can't' love you back...
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Nordling on Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:48 pm

People are always asking me if I know Abraham Lincoln.
Nordling
AIRWOLF

Postby minstrel on Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:05 pm

unikrunk wrote:Abraham Lincoln-why on hold?

- All lines are currently busy??

Seriously, I can't think of a more riveting subject for a film then Fighting Abe Lincoln. Really, I just can't. I have a very, very limited imagination, and next to zero creativity.

How 'bout Abe Lincoln versus an army of zombies?

Or Abe Lincoln searches for the Lost Ark while fighting Confederates?

Or Abe Lincoln accidentally kills Santa Claus, puts on his suit, and BECOMES Santa?

Or Abe Lincoln: The last man on Earth?

Or Abe Lincoln, a police chief, and a scientist go out on a boat to hunt down a killer shark?

Or Abe Lincoln versus an unstoppable humanoid robot from the future?

Or Abe Lincoln, trained super-assassin with amnesia, tries to remember who he is while the agency that trained him tries to kill him?

Or Abe Lincoln journeys to an uncharted island and brings a giant ape back to New York, but the ape escapes ...

Come on, 'krunk. Creativity is easy! This is how they do it in Hollywood.

:wink:
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Postby unikrunk on Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:11 pm

@minstrel - I needed that. 100 points to House Minstrel for making me pull an abdominal muscle from laughing - CHEERS!
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby minstrel on Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:19 pm

unikrunk wrote:@minstrel - I needed that. 100 points to House Minstrel for making me pull an abdominal muscle from laughing - CHEERS!

No problem. It was fun for me, too.

:wink:
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Postby Zarles on Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:28 pm

I think our mission today should be to kill unikrunk with excessive amounts of laughter. Who's with me?
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby unikrunk on Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:43 pm

@Zarles-HAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH>inhale<HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! !!!!

"Everything about him is so right"

HOLY LORD ABE. :shock:
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby so sorry on Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:00 pm

Zarles wrote:I think our mission today should be to kill unikrunk with excessive amounts of laughter. Who's with me?

"what a charming nigress"... holy shit Abe.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby so sorry on Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:16 pm

When Abe's Attack

so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby unikrunk on Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:23 pm

so sorry wrote:When Abe's Attack

Clearly he is lashing out at The Falcon, and Cap is intervening...what's up Abe? That's two strikes bro, first you dis Uhura, and then you are trying to take a swipe at The Falcon. What's next, going to go for a trifecta and kick Gary Coleman in the nuts?

/honest Abe my ass...
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:11 pm

don't ask... don't tell...
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Zarles on Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:09 pm

Gaybraham Lincoln is where the term 'Log Cabin Republican' originated from. No, I'm serious.
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Wolfpack on Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:08 pm

It has been assassinated by the John Wilkes Booth biopic.
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:40 pm

TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby DennisMM on Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:03 am

so sorry wrote:
Zarles wrote:I think our mission today should be to kill unikrunk with excessive amounts of laughter. Who's with me?

"what a charming nigress"... holy shit Abe.

Uhura didn't get a lot of respect, but sometimes she tossed back the snaps. Remember "The Naked Time"? Sulu becomes a paranoid swashbuckler and attacks the bridge. He grabs Uhura and tells her he'll protect the "fair maiden."

Uhura pushes him away and says, "Sorry, neither!"

Ha! In 1966!

How sad is it that I remember that?
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:17 am

minstrel wrote:This is how they do it in Hollywood.

Shoot it! Print it! Inna the can!! OLD SCHOOL, BABY!!!
DinoDeLaurentiis

Postby Ribbons on Mon May 12, 2008 1:26 am

Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Fried Gold on Mon May 12, 2008 7:13 am

Damn it....Liam Neeson again?
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby WinslowLeach on Mon May 12, 2008 8:56 am

Co-starring:

Richard Dreyfus as Ulysses S. Grant

Grant: "Seargent, you are going to ignore this problem until it swims up and bites you on the ASS!!"

E.T. as Slave #3

Slave #3: "Phone....hooooome".
Slave #4: "N---a what the hell you talkin bout?!"

Tom Cruise as Robert E. Lee

Lee: I'm a fuckin animal! WOOOOOO!! (jumps up on couch).

Captain #1: Sir, theres no way we can fend off the Union soldiers at this region.

Lee: "You....you're being glib Captain..you don't even know what you're talking about."

Lee's wife: Hows the war looking Robert?

Lee (grinning): Its lookin good so far. ha! ha!

Soldiers: ....we're gonna win this war then Robert's gonna throw a party and we're all gonna get ripped!

Lee: YEAH!! WOO!!
WinslowLeach
AIRWOLF PLUS

Abraham Lincoln

Postby TheButcher on Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:12 am

From THR.com: Steven Spielberg's train keeps rollin'
Gregg Kilday wrote:Spielberg's film about Abraham Lincoln is looking like a more immediate possibility. It is "coming together really quickly," the director said without committing to a start date.

From Coming Soon: Neeson Hasn't Seen Script for Spielberg's Lincoln
Edward Douglas wrote:"I don't know (anything) other than what you know," he admitted. "He asked me four years ago would I play this part and I most certainly said I would. He'll do it whenever he's ready to do it, but it's in the works."

Neeson hadn't seen any script yet, nor did he know from how young Spielberg wanted the actor to play the former President being that Lincoln was shot at the age of 56, Neeson's current age, but he imagined that he'd be playing him mainly during the Civil War era.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Abraham Lincoln - Why On Hold? (Now w/ 100% LESS On Hold!)

Postby buster00 on Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:49 pm

buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheButcher on Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:54 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Ribbons on Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:57 am

TheButcher wrote:Lincoln might be dead?!

Too soon!
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby TheButcher on Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:02 am

Ribbons wrote:
TheButcher wrote:Lincoln might be dead?!

Too soon!

Lincoln lives! maybe :wink:
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:28 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Abraham Lincoln - Why On Hold? (Now w/ 100% LESS On Hold

Postby TheButcher on Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:18 pm

From Risky Business:
Daniel Day-Lewis to Play Abraham Lincoln in Steven Spielberg-Directed Biopic

From Variety:
Daniel Day-Lewis set for Spielberg's 'Lincoln' -Actor to star in DreamWorks picture
Dave McNary wrote:Daniel Day-Lewis will star as Abraham Lincoln in Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" for DreamWorks.

Friday's announcement was made by Spielberg and Dreamworks co-chairman and CEO Stacey Snider.

"Daniel Day-Lewis would have always been counted as one of the greatest of actors, were he from the silent era, the golden age of film or even some time in cinema's distant future," Spielberg said. "I am grateful and inspired that our paths will finally cross with Lincoln."

Project's based on the book "Team of Rivals" by Doris Kearns Goodwin with the adaptation by Tony Kushner. Spielberg will produced with Kathleen Kennedy.

Story's focused on the political collision of Lincoln and the powerful men of his cabinet on the road to abolition and the end of the Civil War. Filming is expected to begin next fall for release in the fourth quarter of 2012 through Disney's Touchstone distribution label.

Kushner had previously worked with Spielberg on "Munich" for which he was nominated for an Oscar in the Adapted Screenplay category.

From Deadline:
Daniel Day-Lewis To Star In 'Lincoln' For Director Steven Spielberg And DreamWorks
MICHAEL SPEIER wrote:Filming will begin in the fall of 2011 and the film is scheduled to be released during the 4th quarter of 2012. Liam Neeson was long attached to star, but he dropped out this past summer. Spielberg just committed to Robopocalypse, but it looks like Lincoln will be shot first. The director has two movies being released end of next year: Tin Tin: The Secret Of The Unicorn and War Horse.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:31 pm

From Bleeding Cool:
Meanwhile, Senor Spielbergo has, apparently, already started his location scouting for the film. According to The Washington Post:

Steven Spielberg lunched Thursday at Millie’s restaurant in Richmond with officials from the Virginia Film Office, reports our colleague Anita Kumar. No word why Spielberg was in town, but he’s said to be interested in a film about Abraham Lincoln. “I asked a couple members of his entourage if they were making a movie in Richmond and one woman replied ‘maybe,’” said Aaron Ruby, a PR exec who spotted Spielberg as he walked in the front door. A film office spokeswoman wasn’t talking.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Ribbons on Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:02 pm

TheButcher wrote:
MICHAEL SPEIER wrote:Spielberg just committed to Robopocalypse, but it looks like Lincoln will be shot first.

Too soon!
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Nachokoolaid on Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:16 pm

I'm saddened that I'm not going to be seeing Liam Neeson as Lincoln. I always thought he was perfect. But how can you hate Daniel Day Lewis? He's always damn good.

Maybe Neeson will be cast in that Lincoln: Zombie Hunter movie. He's a bit more of an action guy anyway.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Ribbons on Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:03 pm

Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby The Vicar on Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:20 pm

Impressive.
Is Abe killing vampires in this one? Just wanna be certain.....
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:21 pm

little know fact: after delivering the Gettysburg Address in a turtleneck sweater and blue jeans, Lincoln sat down at a local cafe for a small lunch of bunless hot dogs and peas.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby SilentScream on Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:21 pm

Well, at least Danny's look actually resembles Abe which is far more than can be said for Leo's craptastic make-up for Eastwood's J Edgar which looks like something out Phantom Of The Opera. Horrendously funny and quite camp too.

(Btw, just read the first UK review for J Edgar in The Guardian.
And guess what? According to them..
It's shit).
SilentScream
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Al Shut on Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:39 pm

picture needs a photoshopped milkshake.
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby Ribbons on Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:26 pm

The Vicar wrote:Is Abe killing vampires in this one? Just wanna be certain.....

Nope, that's this one:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1611224/
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

The Movie Trailers 'Я' Us Thread

Postby Peven on Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:50 pm

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

The Movie Trailers 'Я' Us Thread

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:17 am

I find this trailer a little underwhelming. Looks like typical Spielberg sap, which I expected. But, I don't know. Everybody sounds weird and looks weird.
caruso_stalker217
TOO AGED FOR THIS MALARKEY

Next

Return to Movie Discussion