The Morgan Freeman Sexy Love super thread!

Discuss all the finest actors, living or dead -- their films, their talents, and their weird, drug-related escapades.

Postby bastard_robo on Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:12 am

I was browsing the Bill Murray thread, and I had just watched SEVEN, and thought... Why isnt there a thread to a man the no mortal human being could possibly hate!

Morgan Freeman!

The man has acting skills of a Titan, and the Voice of an angel!

LETS share the love!
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:43 am

One of my very favourite actors. We can have a lot of fun with this thread. I'm also working on a Morgan Freeman impression too!

Now, even in his early days, the odd supporting role here or there, the guy STILL stook out like a sore thumb. For a long time he was always that name that would get that unique mention whenever I was talking about a film that included him. This is even before he became so big.

I could be here forever and a day talking about him, how he sometimes just seems to stand there on set and all the heavyweight Punky Power that an actor can exude is all there to see, blah blah blah, but I don't think I can do justice to him.

What I WILL do is say that I always wanted this guy to play more BAD GUYS! It infuriated me for a long time that this guy would be typecast into playing the good, noble type character, that no one seemed to have the imagination to let this HUMAN BEING explore all the other shades of himself. It's not like he doesn't have those emotions. Now, he is getting a few of these role apparently, though I have never seen his Gangster in Lucky Number Sltupid last word in the title.

Well, I was writing a script a few years back. It included a Religious Leader who was trying to do what he solely believed to be good, but in extraordinary Evil Ways. I basically was trying to mold him as a Bad Guy though. I had Morgan Freeman in mind for this, through and through.

Anyway, favourite Morgan Freeman role? To quote what Premiere Magazine said about him in Se7en, roughly.... 'He physically doesn't do that much (less than other roles) blah blah blah, but Morgan Freeman has never been this mighty and profound as he is here something or other'.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby havocSchultz on Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:44 am

I'm hoping that one of these days he decides to branch out a bit...

Maybe play something like a mentor-type role...

I think he could pull it off...

Maybe he could play Liam Neeson...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:48 am

Fooking Bastad!!

Heh, I can't talk, I always rant that it is HE, who should have gotten the Qui Goi Jinn part. But THEN play Bad Guys. Maybe a Evil Sith Lord in Prequel Prequels anyone!? Come on! Before he dies!
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby bastard_robo on Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:26 pm

I would love for Morgan Freeman to just do a bunch of Books on tape. Hell, I'll listen to him read Dr. Susse for hours if thats all I get.

He's reason Number 2 why I love UNLEASHED so much.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:56 pm

Man, without blowing my own trumpet - I always had this dream as an Extra of being on a film set, hanging out with Morgan Freeman, making him laugh his head off - then having someone take a snap of it and letting me have it to frame on my table. I don't NORMALLY want such a thing from movie stars.

Shows my respect for the guy.

AND NOW WITH THE BATMAN SEQUEL, THIS MAY ACTUALLY HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!

He was gonna do a movie called Harry and the Butler with Anthony Hopkins. Freeman was gonna be a washed up down and out ex Jazz musician. Somehow or another he come into the fortune of a home and a butler in the shape of Hopkins who helps him get himself and career back on track. Then one day IMBD no longer lists this film. Such a shame. I REALLY wanted to see these 2 giants do this film onscreen together.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby bastard_robo on Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:12 am

I very briefly met Morgan Freeman at an opening of a Golds Gym about 5 years ago. I just said hi and that I love his movies.. he said thanks and that was about it.

Still, little moments like that are what life's about.
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Re: The Morgan Freeman Sexy Love super thread!

Postby Maui on Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:30 am

bastard_robo wrote:I was browsing the Bill Murray thread, and I had just watched SEVEN, and thought... Why isnt there a thread to a man the no mortal human being could possibly hate!

Morgan Freeman!

The man has acting skills of a Titan, and the Voice of an angel!

LETS share the love!

I watched Se7en a few nights ago - this may be one of Freeman's finest roles, imo.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Wolfpack on Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:06 am

"Ever since I was a young boy, people have enjoyed the sound of my voice."

"Like a twinkie, like a twinkie."
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby buster00 on Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:16 pm

Easy Reader approves.

Check the rhymes, yo! He is all the waaay down, yo.

I envision a V for Vendetta type of scene, in which thousands march on Parliament wearing these uniforms:

buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Peven on Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:49 pm

buster00 wrote:

i never knew Idi Amin was on The Electric Company.

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby ONeillSG1 on Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:03 pm

The what now?
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby bastard_robo on Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:13 am

ONeillSG1 wrote:

The what now?

Name says it all!
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Return to Actor Discussion