Real Time With Bill Maher

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Postby minstrel on Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:33 pm

Maui wrote:Yoo hoo! Did you watch it Squirrelly?

Thoughts...?

Yes, I watched it. Mos Def is nuts. Even Cornel West, who may also be nuts, is totally sane and normal next to Mos Def.

I got the impression that Mos Def isn't very well informed. It seems like he sits around dreaming up a bunch of paranoid delusions, decides that they are facts, and goes on talk shows to tell everyone about them.

Mos Def's real name is Dante Terrell Smith, which, as everyone knows, can be rearranged to spell "That Smellier Trend". If I was a conspiracy theorist, I would assign significance to this. But I'm not, so I don't.
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Postby Fievel on Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:42 pm

minstrel wrote:Mos Def's real name is Dante Terrell Smith, which, as everyone knows, can be rearranged to spell "That Smellier Trend". If I was a conspiracy theorist, I would assign significance to this. But I'm not, so I don't.

Holy SHIT!!!!!

I'm puttin' on my tin foil hat RIGHT NOW!!!!!
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby minstrel on Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:43 pm

Fievel wrote:
minstrel wrote:Mos Def's real name is Dante Terrell Smith, which, as everyone knows, can be rearranged to spell "That Smellier Trend". If I was a conspiracy theorist, I would assign significance to this. But I'm not, so I don't.

Holy SHIT!!!!!

I'm puttin' on my tin foil hat RIGHT NOW!!!!!

And hold your nose!!
minstrel

Postby Maui on Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:52 pm

thankyou, I really needed a laugh! :D
Maui
WoWie

Postby minstrel on Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:07 pm

Maui wrote:

thankyou, I really needed a laugh! :D

Then I suppose you were aware that "Maui, Ms. Toshiro Lucas" can be rearranged to spell "I'm hot! Miraculous ass!"

Weren't you? 'Cause WE all were!

:wink:
minstrel

Postby Maui on Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:30 pm

minstrel wrote:
Then I suppose you were aware that "Maui, Ms. Toshiro Lucas" can be rearranged to spell "I'm hot! Miraculous ass!"

Weren't you? 'Cause WE all were!

:wink:

That'll get you a bag of peanuts!!!
Maui
WoWie

Postby Peven on Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:25 pm

"miraculous ass"??? this i gotta see.......................

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Fievel on Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:29 pm

I'm just imagining the flocks of Third World fanatics that are currently on route to pay homage to The Miraculous Ass.

That's pretty fucked up right there.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Peven on Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:39 pm

if there is something worth praying to it is a miraculous ass

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:04 pm

Maui wrote:
Chairman Kaga wrote:
Maui wrote:I determine who goes to the corner.

Swayze style?

Yeah....I do get the DD reference though, just so you know.

you know what i just noticed?

nobody puts Maui in a corner.

why d'you think that is?

EDIT:

obviously it must be because of The Miraculous Ass.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:36 pm

Indiana Jones And The Search For The Miraculous Ass
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:40 pm

Fievel wrote:Indiana Jones And The Search For The Miraculous Ass

he found that in the first film... it's called Karen Allen
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby stereosforgeeks on Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:24 am

Bill Maher is working on a movie called Religulous
Pajiba wrote:Larry Charles has been working in TV for years, though he's probably best known as the man who helped usher in the unwelcome tidal wave of bad Borat impressions when he directed Sacha Baron Cohen to infamy in Borat. Before showing us what it would look like if two swarthy European dudes almost 69'd, Charles wrote and produced on "Seinfeld" and "Entourage," among others. Charles is now pairing with Bill Maher for the documentary Religulous, which will take a look at organized religion in America, with a focus on skewering established faiths and a focus on those believers whose fringe practices tend to make everyone else a little nervous. There's nothing wrong with poking a stick in the eye of those who are perverting what for many is an honest, personal way of life -- Jesus Camp is a good example of this -- but I'm worried that Maher and Charles will wind up committing a version of Christopher Hitchens' mistake, namely, transferring their problem with some of organized religion's angriest or most zealous followers onto religion itself. It's like demonizing the idea of education in general because you have a problem with No Child Left Behind. Nevertheless, Maher and Charles will be sending up some choice targets, including the Holy Land Experience, a biblical theme park located (somehow appropriately) a scant few miles from Disney World in Orlando. The park re-stages the Crucifixion every afternoon, which is a little terrifying, and makes it the kind of place tailor-made for someone as sharp as Maher to pull apart with his comedy. But here's hoping the film manages to strike a good balance. "Real Time With Bill Maher" is a great show in part because Maher has the stones to stack his panel with people who hold opposing viewpoints and let them debate each other. Maher disagrees with those who believe in God, but that doesn't make them stupid. If he can embrace a level of the tolerance he exhorts the faithful to have for their fellow men, Religulous could rise above a standard diatribe against mass religion and wind up being almost worshipful in its desire to unseat the hypocrites who give many Christians a bad name.
Last edited by stereosforgeeks on Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Fievel on Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:59 am

Actually, it's "Religulous"... a take on "ridiculous" perhaps?
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby stereosforgeeks on Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:21 am

Fievel wrote:Actually, it's "Religulous"... a take on "ridiculous" perhaps?

It was early morning and i stand corrected.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Maui on Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:45 pm

Glow in the dark underwear from Chernobyl?

KGB jelly?

I love Bill Maher!!!!!

:)
Maui
WoWie

Postby Maui on Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:46 pm

TheBaxter wrote:
Maui wrote:
Chai rman Kaga wrote:

Swayze style?

why d'you think that is?

EDIT:

OK, just seeing this now BAX!!!!!!! :shock: :shock:
Maui
WoWie

Postby Maui on Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:48 pm

stereosforgeeks wrote:Bill Maher is working on a movie called Religulous
Pajiba wrote:Larry Charles has been working in TV for years, though he's probably best known as the man who helped usher in the unwelcome tidal wave of bad Borat impressions when he directed Sacha Baron Cohen to infamy in Borat. Before showing us what it would look like if two swarthy European dudes almost 69'd, Charles wrote and produced on "Seinfeld" and "Entourage," among others. Charles is now pairing with Bill Maher for the documentary Religulous, which will take a look at organized religion in America, with a focus on skewering established faiths and a focus on those believers whose fringe practices tend to make everyone else a little nervous. There's nothing wrong with poking a stick in the eye of those who are perverting what for many is an honest, personal way of life -- Jesus Camp is a good example of this -- but I'm worried that Maher and Charles will wind up committing a version of Christopher Hitchens' mistake, namely, transferring their problem with some of organized religion's angriest or most zealous followers onto religion itself. It's like demonizing the idea of education in general because you have a problem with No Child Left Behind. Nevertheless, Maher and Charles will be sending up some choice targets, including the Holy Land Experience, a biblical theme park located (somehow appropriately) a scant few miles from Disney World in Orlando. The park re-stages the Crucifixion every afternoon, which is a little terrifying, and makes it the kind of place tailor-made for someone as sharp as Maher to pull apart with his comedy. But here's hoping the film manages to strike a good balance. "Real Time With Bill Maher" is a great show in part because Maher has the stones to stack his panel with people who hold opposing viewpoints and let them debate each other. Maher disagrees with those who believe in God, but that doesn't make them stupid. If he can embrace a level of the tolerance he exhorts the faithful to have for their fellow men, Religulous could rise above a standard diatribe against mass religion and wind up being almost worshipful in its desire to unseat the hypocrites who give many Christians a bad name.

Sounds good!!!
Maui
WoWie

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:48 am

Maui wrote:
TheBaxter wrote:
Maui wrote:
Chai rman Kaga wrote:

Swayze style?

why d'you think that is?

EDIT:

OK, just seeing this now BAX!!!!!!! :shock: :shock:

do i get a bag of peanuts?
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Maui on Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:50 am

TheBaxter wrote:

No, you are getting confused with Minstrel.
Maui
WoWie

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:09 pm

Maui wrote:
TheBaxter wrote:

No, you are getting confused with Minstrel.

how about some chocolate then?
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Maui on Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:29 am

Is it just me or was Tucker Carlson just plain annoying last night.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Maui
WoWie

Postby Fievel on Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:35 am

I've only watched the first half so far. I loved hearing Joy Behar say "pussies" as much as she enjoyed saying it.

Carlson is annoying, but at least he goes on the show. He usually gets his ass beat by Bill, the other two, AND the crowd. I remember he was on a couple of years ago and said the word "bullshit". I was impressed, even though he practically whispered the word. AND, at least he was wearing a REAL tie.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Maui on Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:38 am

Fievel wrote:I've only watched the first half so far. I loved hearing Joy Behar say "pussies" as much as she enjoyed saying it.

Carlson is annoying, but at least he goes on the show. He usually gets his ass beat by Bill, the other two, AND the crowd. I remember he was on a couple of years ago and said the word "bullshit". I was impressed, even though he practically whispered the word. AND, at least he was wearing a REAL tie.

Yeah but it was a pink tie. He has many valid points - but just a bit pompous.

Joy was funny!!!
Maui
WoWie

Postby Zarles on Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:56 am

Tucker annoys me no end. Is it me, or have his political leanings slanted SHARPLY to the left ever since Bush's approval ratings dropped so suddenly? Fear for your job much, Tucker?

Obnoxious dickhead. Anyone remember the episode of his old show Crossfire where Jon Stewart came on and basically told him that he and his show were what was wrong with America? :lol:
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Maui on Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:59 am

Zarles wrote:Tucker annoys me no end. Is it me, or have his political leanings slanted SHARPLY to the left ever since Bush's approval ratings dropped so suddenly? Fear for your job much, Tucker?

Obnoxious dickhead. Anyone remember the episode of his old show Crossfire where Jon Stewart came on and basically told him that he and his show were what was wrong with America? :lol:

Well yeah for Jon Stewart!!!!!!! He was just rude to that other guy. Hate that. Talked over everyone - "Look at me" mentality. blah!
Maui
WoWie

Postby Zarles on Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:03 am

I really wanted to hear what the third panelist had to say, but Fucker Carlson just kept yelling over him and telling him he didn't know what he was talking about. Typical talking-head Conservative jackass, if you ask me.

I also really wanted to hear Joy Behar go off about Elizabeth Hasselbeck, but alas. :twisted:
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Maui on Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:16 am

Zarles wrote:I really wanted to hear what the third panelist had to say, but Fucker Carlson just kept yelling over him and telling him he didn't know what he was talking about.

Yes, the 3rd panelist was the intellect of the group - and he barely got a word in.

Blackwater blah blah blah.
Maui
WoWie

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:51 am

Maui wrote:
Zarles wrote:I really wanted to hear what the third panelist had to say, but Fucker Carlson just kept yelling over him and telling him he didn't know what he was talking about.

Yes, the 3rd panelist was the intellect of the group - and he barely got a word in.

Mos Def was the 3rd panelist???
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Maui on Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:53 am

TheBaxter wrote:
Maui wrote:

Mos Def was the 3rd panelist???

Yeah, that's right, the dude who said noone's been to the moon yet. Definitely the intellect of the group.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Maui on Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:55 am

Zarles wrote:Fucker Carlson

Maui
WoWie

Postby Maui on Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:58 am

Zarles wrote:
I also really wanted to hear Joy Behar go off about Elizabeth Hasselbeck, but alas. :twisted:

Well she did say something about not being able to call Barbara Walters a pussy. That was funny.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Zarles on Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:04 pm

Yeah, but Joy's funny as hell when she can say what she wants, and her sense of humor is really, really black. I'd love to have a beer with her sometime and listen to her dish on some of those idiots.
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Maui on Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:23 pm

Zarles wrote:Yeah, but Joy's funny as hell when she can say what she wants, and her sense of humor is really, really black. I'd love to have a beer with her sometime and listen to her dish on some of those idiots.

Well see again, she didn't have much opportunity to talk either but when she did she was most amusing.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Zarles on Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:36 pm

Yeah, she couldn't get a word in edge-wise, either. Thanks again, Fucker!
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Maui on Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:42 pm

Maui
WoWie

Postby Zarles on Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:16 pm

This is how Republicans dance, ya'll. He looks like he's torturing her in one of his Abu Gharib fantasies.

Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:17 pm

Zarles wrote:This is how Republicans dance, ya'll. He looks like he's torturing her in one of his Abu Gharib fantasies.

Ewwwww!!!!
Girls are gross!!
Yucky!!!!

:D
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Zarles on Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:08 pm

Don't make me post the pic of him dancing in Dockers. Because I'll do it.
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Maui on Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:33 pm

Was that twit on Dancing with the Stars?
Maui
WoWie

Postby Zarles on Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:26 am

And here I thought you were a true Fucker fan.

What would Fucker Carlson fans be called? Fuckheads?
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:43 am

in every one of those pictures, you can see the effort he puts into keeping his naughty parts as far away from the girl as possible.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Zarles on Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:46 am

You mean his mouth, brain, and clear, well-defined amount of bias? You're right.
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Maui on Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:50 am

Zarles wrote:You mean his mouth, brain, and clear, well-defined amount of bias? You're right.

Debate is fine but his rudeness and "take the high road" mentality if you didn't agree with him was just unacceptable.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Zarles on Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:06 am

If he would've just shut up for a minute and let the other guy talk, I would've had no problem with him. There's nothing worse than a bully with a tie on. Fucker is the king of those types of people.
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:12 am

Zarles wrote:If he would've just shut up for a minute and let the other guy talk, I would've had no problem with him. There's nothing worse than a bully with a tie on. Fucker is the king of those types of people.

a bully with a bow tie?
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Zarles on Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:17 am

Even worse. A bully with no fashion sense.
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Maui on Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:50 am

Well, here's hoping for less Mos Def and Tucker type panelists on Maher's upcoming shows. :roll:

Maher's usually pretty good at changing topic or getting them to shuddup. Oh well.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Zarles on Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:58 am

Maher's awesome. I don't agree with him 100% all the time, though. I loved when Janeane Garofolo was on a few weeks ago, and she all but called him a raging sexist (which I think he is, to an extent).
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Maui on Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:03 pm

Zarles wrote:Maher's awesome. I don't agree with him 100% all the time, though. I loved when Janeane Garofolo was on a few weeks ago, and she all but called him a raging sexist (which I think he is, to an extent).

Oh yeah, I saw that one too with Janeane. There was a recent one with Dr3w Carey as well, he was rather funny.

I try to watch it every Monday.

As much as I like Jon Stewart, I think I prefer Maher.
Maui
WoWie

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial