Dark Crystal sequel... blecch

Anime, cartoons and 3D. Animated shorts and features. And don't forget the animation genius in Bulgaria.

Dark Crystal sequel... blecch

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:17 am

The most uncherished movie from my childhood is getting a sequel apparently.

Garth Franklin - Dark Horizons wrote:The Jim Henson Co. has set animated series creator Genndy Tartakovsky ("Samurai Jack", "Star Wars: The Clones Wars") to direct "Power of the Dark Crystal," sequel to 1982 fantasy film "The Dark Crystal" reports Variety.

Tartakovsky's Orphanage Animation Studios will take the lead on the CG animation elements for the puppet-driven film. Brian Froud has returned to design the new characters.

Set hundreds of years after the first pic, sequel follows a mysterious girl made of fire who steals a shard of the crystal in hopes of reigniting the dying sun.Annette Duffy and David Odell penned the script.

The puppets this time around will operate amid a CGI backdrop. Henson will secure a domestic distributor by the time the film begins production in late summer.

I hated the first one when I was a wee laddie.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:24 am

Me too - but I do love that Tartakovsky dude. Maybe he could turn that piece of turd into something golden
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Doc Holliday on Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:28 am

ThisIsTheGirl wrote:Me too - but I do love that Tartakovsky dude. Maybe he could turn that piece of turd into something golden

Or go the "Lord Percy" route and at least come up with purest green.

I liked The DarkCrystal a bunch...but haven't watched it in over ten years...so I wonder if its one of those thats best remembered but not re-watched.

Just now I greet this news much the same as I did when I heard they were remaking Magnum. UIt could be great...I don't see it as unnecessary as say, The Omen 666, but they need to be careful....because there are far more many ways they can get it wrong than right.

Tread carefully, for you tread on our dreams.....
"I think the worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades..."

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Shane on Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:35 am

I loved it when I was younger, I loved most of Jim Hensons movies. It is not as great in my older age though. I have my kids watch it sometimes. I will have to see the sequal.
Shane
AIRWOLF

Postby Peven on Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:51 am

really enjoyed it when i saw it as a kid in the theatre, then bought in on dvd for my kids,and they love it too. i guess if you can't get past the puppets aspect of it, the original story, setting, and characters never get the chance to make a good impression. i have always thought of it as a wonderful example of creativity and imagination, a one-of-a-kind cinematic tale. i am hoping that with Tartakovsky directing, and the addition of cgi backrounds they can create a movie that deserves the same one-of-a-kind original feel, while carrying over some sense of continuity from the first film.

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:54 am

Peven wrote:really enjoyed it when i saw it as a kid in the theatre, then bought in on dvd for my kids,and they love it too. i guess if you can't get past the puppets aspect of it, the original story, setting, and characters never get the chance to make a good impression. i have always thought of it as a wonderful example of creativity and imagination, a one-of-a-kind cinematic tale.

I agree with all that. But I remember being totally bored. I applaud the artistry involved, sincerely. I too love Henson and Co., but Dark Crystal was just another one of those mid-80s fantasy flicks that just didn't really have any importance. And frankly, the gelfling characters were creep as fuck.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Chairman Kaga on Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:07 am

I have yet to see the original. I am a huge Genndy mark thus I look forward to anything new he works on.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Shane on Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:10 am

Really Labrynth was a better film.
Shane
AIRWOLF

Postby Peven on Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:34 am

see, Labyrinthe put me to sleep, and imo, isn't even in the same league as Dark Crystal.

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Vegeta on Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:42 pm

25 years later? A little late don't ya think.
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby Chairman Kaga on Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:15 pm

Vegeta wrote:25 years later? A little late don't ya think.

Psssst ever heard of The Color of Money?
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DerLanghaarige on Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:20 pm

MiltonWaddams wrote:why are they making a dark crystal remake? because kids on myspace need something to talk about besides 'nightmare before christmas'.

SEQUEL! Not remake!
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby colonel_lugz on Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:41 pm

I think this could be good, Gendy is a very talented guy, giving him something like Dark Crystal to play with will be very exciting.
You Called Down The Thunder, Well Now You Got It!
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby King Psyz on Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:05 pm

intrest piqued
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby raasnio on Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:57 pm

I don't see a problem with this. At least they have a creative director in charge of this film.
raasnio
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby unikrunk on Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:47 pm

hells to the yes! I love the first one to this day, and this looks great!
He can't' love you back...
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby RogueScribner on Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:49 pm

In this day of cg animated fart jokes, I don't think there'll be a big market for a somewhat sullen puppet movie.
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby papalazeru on Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:56 pm

I say bring in Gaimen for the vision. He was excellent in Mirrormask.

I have high hopes for this and probably should have posted this myself about 6 months ago, I just thought someone would have covered this.

I think the Jim Henson factory(bad use of that word, I think, creativity is better) will do this justice. They have done many wonders for many childrens formats.

Remember Muppets Christmas Carol?

Let try and forget Treasure Island cash cow but I feel they will try their best here. They have a legend to live up to.

I am also the proud owner of an original Jim Henson 'Augra' mask from the original film....not that many were made but I look at it every day with pride.

Please Mr. Henson (or should I say Henson JR). Do it justice, I have faith.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:43 pm

Set many years after the events of the first movie

I do't like this one bit. First of all, everything was resolved in the first movie. The Skeksis and Mystics are no more, because they have already merged back into the flying alien things. The Dark Crystal isn't dark anymore, because it was restored and is now the shiny bright crystal. What the hell are they going to do? Break it again? The only ones who could break it are the flying alien things and they learned thier lesson. And if they haven't learned thier lesson, then that totally undermines the first movie. What sense of satisfaction and accomplishment will I get from the first movie, now that I know that all that bullshit was for nothing. Piss on it.

I wanted a prequel, where we see the flying alien things go crazy and break the Crystal as well as thier souls. Then a big Skeksis Mystics war.
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby Bob Samonkey on Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:10 pm

Retardo_Montalban wrote:
Set many years after the events of the first movie

I do't like this one bit. First of all, everything was resolved in the first movie. The Skeksis and Mystics are no more, because they have already merged back into the flying alien things. The Dark Crystal isn't dark anymore, because it was restored and is now the shiny bright crystal. What the hell are they going to do? Break it again? The only ones who could break it are the flying alien things and they learned thier lesson. And if they haven't learned thier lesson, then that totally undermines the first movie. What sense of satisfaction and accomplishment will I get from the first movie, now that I know that all that bullshit was for nothing. Piss on it.

I wanted a prequel, where we see the flying alien things go crazy and break the Crystal as well as thier souls. Then a big Skeksis Mystics war.

See life is a circle. A wheel of time if you will. There are beginnings and ending but it always comes around again.

So you see the crystal has to be broken again so they can put it together again when that age comes about.

A circle
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:15 pm

That's fucking lame. If I want to see the GOD damned dark crystal get put back together again, then I'll just put the original in the VCR.
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby Bob Samonkey on Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:22 pm

Retardo_Montalban wrote:That's fucking lame. If I want to see the GOD damned dark crystal get put back together again, then I'll just put the original in the VCR.

Thats what I am saying!! See its like a circle.

Dark crystal broken in the second movie.

Dark crystal put back together in the first movie.

See!! Then you can watch them break it and put it back together over and over again by watching the first movie then the second thenthe first then the second.....

Hat goes on hat comes off. Hat goes on hat comes off.

Bed goes down. Bed goes up. Bed goes down. Bed goes up. Bed goes down. Bed goes up. Bed goes down. Bed goes up.

See!! Everything is a circle. Even by now you should know that I am probably talking out my ass.

Of course if it all turns out to be true then um.....SPOILERS!!!
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Brocktune on Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:44 pm

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:Thats what I am saying!! See its like a circle.

Dark crystal broken in the second movie.

Dark crystal put back together in the first movie.

See!! Then you can watch them break it and put it back together over and over again by watching the first movie then the second thenthe first then the second.....

Hat goes on hat comes off. Hat goes on hat comes off.

Bed goes down. Bed goes up. Bed goes down. Bed goes up. Bed goes down. Bed goes up. Bed goes down. Bed goes up.

See!! Everything is a circle. Even by now you should know that I am probably talking out my ass.

Of course if it all turns out to be true then um.....SPOILERS!!!

actually, bob those are sage words on the cyclic nature of what we call "reality". there is much validity to your points. and no, i am not just trying to appease you with flattery in hopes of avoiding a horrible death at the hands of your enormous hands.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Bob Samonkey on Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:47 pm

I SIGNED THE PAPERS!!!! You are safe my friend. Do I have to print it out for you?
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Brocktune on Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:53 pm

no, of course not.

i already printed several copies for my lawyers
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby RogueScribner on Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:54 pm

Dark Crystal 2: Darker Crystal!

This time, the crystal will STAY dark!
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Kilgore on Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:14 am

RogueScribner wrote:Dark Crystal 2: Darker Crystal!

This time, the crystal will STAY dark!

No...it's

'Black Crystal: The Legend of the Darker Crystal' featuring The Muppets and Wesley Snipes.
Kilgore
AIRWOLF

Postby papalazeru on Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:16 am

From the main page....

Elston Gunn wrote:Sometimes it's the subtle things within the pop culture works we revere for which we're grateful. Personally, I love that Norman Bates eats candy. I love the simple way Ringo brings the band back into the song underneath the guitar riff 1:21 into "I Feel Fine."

And I love that some Muppets have eyelids.

Yes, that's right. Eyelids. Not many of them, sure, but a few. Gonzo and Rizzo have them, some Fraggles, couple of SESAME STREET characters every now and then, Statler and Waldorf have a bit of a squint. Others have brows, eyelashes, interesting pupil placement. Janice is all lid and lash, no eyeballs. Bunsen Honeydew - pardon me, DOCTOR Bunsen Honeydew - has no eyes at all, but apparently very well-functioning glasses. So, it varies.

"For me I think the single most important person probably was the person doing the eyes of the puppet. Because without those eyes working it doesn't live." - Kathryn Mullen, performer/puppeteer.

Jim Henson knew exactly what he was doing in that respect. It's all in the eyes.

"We usually built in a blink - a widening and narrowing of the eye. So much of the personality is dependent on that and you read the changes of emotion through the eyes."

So says the man himself in the documentary about the making of THE DARK CRYSTAL, which opened wide in theaters on December 17, 1982.

I was six years old and in my little kid brain I went into that film thinking this was an interruption between Muppet movies. I was pretty Muppet obsessed. I knew 'em all. Knew most of the muppeteers' names, too, from studying the Muppet albums' sleeves and reading the movie and television credits. My parents loved watching THE MUPPET SHOW with me. I was a member of the fan club, had some Muppet stuffed animals, Muppet Colorforms and Muppet ShrinkyDinks (I remember being bummed over Sweetums getting overcooked).

But enough about me and my Muppet fan credentials. The point is even though I was just as much into the SUPERMAN movies, I didn't have a clue who Richard Donner and Mario Puzo were at the time. I did, however, know the names Jim Henson and Frank Oz and that's really all it took to get me to the theater to see THE DARK CRYSTAL, which they co-directed.

"Another world, Another time... In the age of wonder."

No real spoilers for the uninitiated. It's the simple story of a raised-by-Mystics Gelfling named Jen who must reclaim the Crystal of Truth from the evil Skeksis on Thra, a planet which has thrice the suns we do. And since the Crystal was cracked by the urSkeks then later stored in the Skeksis' castle, it became known as the Dark Crystal. Jen, who thinks he's the last of his kind, meets the female Gelfling, Kira, who was raised by Podlings. She joins him on his journey along with her furry pet named Fizzgig, whose entrance in the movie I specifically remember made me jump out of my theater seat.

It's chocked-full of the mythical and mystical. There's a one-eyed seer, murderous Garthim, fun long-legged Landstriders, a volcanic pit and creepy essence zapping by the Skeksis emperor - which freaked me out a little. Sometimes you have to remind yourself that if you can get through life without having your essence sucked out by a Skeksis emperor, then you've got a leg up on a few Podlings.

Ideas about religion, philosophies and art forms went into the conception, but, fundamentally, it's an incredibly imaginative "chosen one" story with a lot at stake for the good guys. What's even more fascinating is THE DARK CRYSTAL was advertised as the first feature-length live-action motion picture without any human characters on screen. The sheer ambition of that. Mo cap what now? CGI don't know what the hell you're talking about. No humans unless they're in costume, operating a creature or giving it a voice.

Jen: "I don't have wings."
Kira: "Of course not. You're a boy."

Henson began with the creature development. Creatures first, then story. He enlisted artist Brian Froud to do the sketches. Froud went on to write and illustrate THE WORLD OF THE DARK CRYSTAL, which was released in conjunction with the film, and then collaborate with Henson again on LABYRINTH. Skeksis and Mystics were conceptualized, Podlings were based on potatoes. (Interesting to note Froud and LORD OF THE RINGS designer Alan Lee live in the same English village, which Froud has said is probably the reason their work resembles one another.) Locations were located, scripting duties were given to writer David Odell and soon it would be time for Henson's Creature Shop to do what they do. Actualize.

It's difficult to fathom - much beyond a making-of documentary, anyway - all of the sketching, conceiving, concocting, creating, engineering, refining, scrapping, constructing, destructing and deconstructing that has to happen in order to pull something like this off. We call it "practical effects" and yet in this Digital Age it seems anything but. Ultimately, though? It's electric anyway. It's tangible. You can touch it. Those things moving? They're really moving. Now, to be sure, I'm not going to be one of those to knock CGI at all - especially for the sake of knocking it, or for any nostalgia for any kind of "good ol'" days. I'll take my creatures and features any way I can get them. But there's something to be said about the craftmanship of and within this particular kind of storytelling. There's a lot of brutal physicality going into it. And whether it's Kermit riding a bicycle in London, or Gelflings on Landstriders soaring through otherworldly landscape, it happened. It's all in the frames. And that's pretty awe-inspiring.

One can argue a great case for the auteur theory, even here, but film is still a collaborative medium. THE DARK CRYSTAL epitomizes that and it's there on the screen. Not only, of course, the collaboration between Henson and Oz, but everyone. From producer Gary Kurtz (STAR WARS) to the puppeteers to the set painters to the maker of Aughra's eye for that "more visceral effect" to the Fizzgig wrangler. Interesting to note cinematographer Oswald Morris (FIDDLER ON THE ROOF), who shot eight of John Huston's movies, retired after THE DARK CRYSTAL. What a challenging way to go out. (Or refreshing as there weren't really any actors to bitch about the lighting.) All of these people bouncing ideas around and working all hours to make a universe that didn't exist before and inject life into objects.

Kira: "Prophets don't know everything."

Jim Henson's dark fairy tale was finally finished and released in 1982... in the shadow of another big fairy tale. I won't say its name but its initials are E.T.

That's okay. There's room for both. I think it would be hard to make either film today. If so, they'd probably be a little more homogenized. A little less charismatic. Some critics dismissed the film, but THE DARK CRYSTAL won the Saturn Award for Best Fantasy Film that year and it has won the interest of a cult audience in the past quarter of a century. There may be moments that miss the mark or feel dated, but Henson and the filmmakers made something interesting, different and put something good into the world. Like it or not, they did it and it's out there.

"I like to think of DARK CRYSTAL as sort of a work of art and it feels to me like it is. But it's not a personal work of art - it's not just something I did - but something that, you know, Frank and Brian and Gary and all the performers [did]. So, hundreds of people created this thing and as a work I think it's something we'll always be happy with." - Jim Henson

I remember sitting in study hall in eighth grade on May 16, 1990, waiting for the bus and making small-talk with a few people.

"Hey, did you guys hear that Sammy Davis Jr. died?"

"Yeah. I heard that. Jim Henson, too."

"What?"

"Yeah, he died, too."

"No way."

"That's what they said."

"Who?"

"It was on the news."

"Nah, I don't believe it."

"Yep."

"Nah. Hope not, anyway."

Later that evening, Peter Jennings confirmed it. Jim Henson, dead at 53.

"Pneumonia?" "I can't believe it." "How sad," you'd say.

"Too young." We went on a trip to D.C. not too long afterward and the Kermit on display at the Smithsonian had a black armband around his arm. Kind of a surreal image, really. This inanimate puppet that once...

But, again, the work was done and out there. The means were put forth for an end that is, for now, endless.

The on-again-off-again sequel, THE POWER OF THE DARK CRYSTAL, is apparently on again. Lisa Henson, Brian Froud and David Odell are involved, and Genndy Tartakovsky is slated to direct. It will combine animatronic with CGI. I'm anxious to see where that will take us. We'll have to wait 'til at least 2009. I await a great comeback from Kermit and gang. There have been some wonderful missed opportunities.

Elsewhere, the existing Muppet movies and TV show seasons acquire space on DVD shelves all over the world. SESAME STREET, at nearly 40, is still going strong and EMMETT OTTER is naturally a favorite this time of year. Henson's gifts to us still endure and will continue to do so. The characters are alive. The stories. The ideas.

And, believe it or not, some Muppets still have eyelids.

"Life's like a movie, write your own ending.
Keep believing, keep pretending,
We've done just what we've set out to do.
Thanks to the lovers...
the dreamers...

... and you." - Kermit & The Muppets.

Yup. I too can confirm that Brian has done some work on this. It's an on and off process and he told me it probably won't get finished till at least 2009.

It sounds like they are taking their time with this to get things right.

papalazeru

Postby Spifftacular SquirrelGirl on Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:59 am

The Dark Crystal is one of those movies I would have loved to see in a theater. I just finished reading the 25 years ago... column on by Mr. Gunn and it just made me want to watch DC all over again.

I also suppose I'm in the minority of looking forward to the sequel. Reason being that it's not just a quick cash grab (although I guess the studio would like to make money off of it) but it's being filmed by gigantic fans of the original and I would like to think they'll do original justice with their sequel.
Spifftacular SquirrelGirl
AIRWOLF

Postby papalazeru on Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:12 am

Spifftacular SquirrelGirl wrote:The Dark Crystal is one of those movies I would have loved to see in a theater. I just finished reading the 25 years ago... column on by Mr. Gunn and it just made me want to watch DC all over again.

I also suppose I'm in the minority of looking forward to the sequel. Reason being that it's not just a quick cash grab (although I guess the studio would like to make money off of it) but it's being filmed by gigantic fans of the original and I would like to think they'll do original justice with their sequel.

I'd like to agree with you but even Brian wasn't too sure what was going on. He wasn't sure whether the delays were because of finance of conscious choices by Henson company. I'm hoping it's the latter but if Brian's unsure then.....I think we are all still in the dark.

And yes.....Dark Crystal was pretty fucking fantastic at the cinema. I would love to see it again as I was only about 6 myself when I saw it.

papalazeru

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:26 am

I want to see Ogra naked. Having her huge tits flopping around in the first Dark Crystal wasn't enough.
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby papalazeru on Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:32 am

Retardo_Montalban wrote:I want to see Ogra naked. Having her huge tits flopping around in the first Dark Crystal wasn't enough.

My kinda comment Retardo....MY kinda comment.

:lol:

Now let's see some Garthen sex.

papalazeru

Postby LaDracul on Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:36 am

See what I mean about some movies that don't become popular until years after they're released?
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby papalazeru on Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:39 am

LaDracul wrote:See what I mean about some movies that don't become popular until years after they're released?

I have not idea what you are talking about. I've been a fan of this since I first saw it when I was a kid. Very impressive and no CGI.

papalazeru

Postby LaDracul on Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:41 am

Well, some of the public didn't take to this film, as it was too weird for them. And a lot of films are ahead of their time. Only a few know it, but the studios take the side of the public that didn't like it most of the time. Thus, stuff like "Labyrinth" and "The Princess Bride" are still popular. Heck, even recently released films have growing fanbases despite the studios not realizing it.
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:57 am

papalazeru wrote:
Retardo_Montalban wrote:I want to see Ogra naked. Having her huge tits flopping around in the first Dark Crystal wasn't enough.

Garthen sex? that's sick, Papa. You need help. Skeksis sex is where it's at. I remember getting turned when all them skeksis were tearing the clothes off of Chamberlain after he lost the duel (probably my first erection). Especially knowing there was a Burly Skeskis with a feather in his cap partaking.
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby Spifftacular SquirrelGirl on Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:21 pm

LaDracul wrote:Well, some of the public didn't take to this film, as it was too weird for them. And a lot of films are ahead of their time. Only a few know it, but the studios take the side of the public that didn't like it most of the time. Thus, stuff like "Labyrinth" and "The Princess Bride" are still popular. Heck, even recently released films have growing fanbases despite the studios not realizing it.

ala Mirrormask?
AIRWOLF

Postby LaDracul on Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:37 pm

Hmm, I don't know if "Mirrormask" was released in US theaters...but it is a gem of a film. It's kinda sad that people don't know what they're missing sometimes.
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby Spifftacular SquirrelGirl on Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:39 pm

LaDracul wrote:Hmm, I don't know if "Mirrormask" was released in US theaters...but it is a gem of a film. It's kinda sad that people don't know what they're missing sometimes.

It was in limited release here. I picked it up on DVD the first day it came out.
AIRWOLF

Postby LaDracul on Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:44 pm

-sigh- Probably due to the fact that the distributor thought that Americans wouldn't grasp it...
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby papalazeru on Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:06 pm

Retardo_Montalban wrote:
papalazeru wrote:

Garthen sex? that's sick, Papa. You need help. Skeksis sex is where it's at. I remember getting turned when all them skeksis were tearing the clothes off of Chamberlain after he lost the duel (probably my first erection). Especially knowing there was a Burly Skeskis with a feather in his cap partaking.

Nothing like a lemon party eh?

;)

I'm glad there's some love out there for this film. I still think this stands the test of time and has a very imaginative and creative design to everything in the film. It's a great childrens adventure.

papalazeru

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:48 pm

I just split all of the unrelated stuff into it's own 80's/90's Fantasy thread...please post there.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby papalazeru on Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:27 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:I just split all of the unrelated stuff into it's own 80's/90's Fantasy thread...please post there.

All these thread are yours....except Europa...leave this one for us. Do no attempt to reach us.

papalazeru

Postby EnnisDelMar on Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:32 pm

Genndy Tartovsky Replaced on Power of the Dark Crystal? That's the "rumor" but Henson & co aint talkin bout it. There hasn't been any news on this alleged sequel for 7 months, no images, nothing.
EnnisDelMar
GLIB

Postby DaleTremont on Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:02 am

Resume discussion of Ogra's saggy tits :wink:
DaleTremont
Loincloth Bronson

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:05 am

DaleTremont wrote:Resume discussion of Ogra's saggy tits :wink:

I want to suck on them.
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Dark Crystal Sequel... blech

Postby bastard_robo on Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:05 am

Well thats a hairy ball of suck..
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby papalazeru on Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:10 am

Are we still talking about Ogra's minge or titties?

papalazeru

Postby yorrick brown on Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:01 am

what are these bad guys called again?.

Should I call you Bullet? Tooth?
You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
yorrick brown
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby papalazeru on Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:10 am

Skeksis.

And their minions are called the Garthen and the Cystal Bats.

Crystal bats fly. Search the land, search the water, search the sky

Then you get the Mystics, the good guys that sing all out of key and shit.

papalazeru

Next

Return to Animation