XBOX 360 Thread

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

Postby MonkeyM666 on Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:52 pm

I had the same problem too but it ended up that some ports on the router needed fwding. It worked the instant I rebooted it after that. Loads of modems and routers have an xbox 360 preset. Have a look.
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MonkeyM666 on Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:00 pm

TheAllSeeingEye wrote:You'll have the new supremo version with HDMI and the second heatsink, (don't worry about that, you can't see it but it's there to stop RROD), overall you got quite the score there. Not a bad swap :)

Careful on your gamesaves though. When i bought new 360 my profile and savegames all showed as corrupt. Was very pissed off with this.

So where do you read what type of 360 you have? It must be on the box somewhere.

Also, vegeta do you have COD4??? You should get it and all of us can have a team deathmatch as quite a few zoners who have the box have the game.
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby CeeBeeUK on Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:40 pm

I think that this news will annoy a few people!
CeeBeeUK
WAIRWOLF GAME

Postby Dyno on Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:20 pm

Corporate Greed strikes again.
Dyno
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Fawst on Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:20 pm

Wow. Just... fucking WOW!!! I had no idea that game was even coming out! Those fuckers...
Prince of the Land of Stench!
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fawst on Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:59 am

Apparently the demo for Devil May Cry 4 is up on Xbox Live, for anyone that's interested. I'll have to check this out just to see if PS3 owners are really missing out on anything that great.
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby stereosforgeeks on Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:06 pm

The free Undertow game is available from Wednesday until Sunday! Dont forget to download it!
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Fawst on Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:13 pm

What's the Undertow game?
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby stereosforgeeks on Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:18 pm

Fawst wrote:What's the Undertow game?

Undertow

Gamespot wrote:Undertow gratis on Xbox Live
Xbox 360 maker apologizes for holiday online-service troubles by making Chair-developed shooter free for five days.
After many Xbox Live users spent their unhappy holidays battling a multitude of problems with logging into and using the online gaming service, Microsoft apologized for the gaff and said it would be offering a free Live Arcade game to all members as a make-good.

Today Microsoft detailed what the game will be and when gamers can actually get it. Beginning next Wednesday, January 23, at 2 a.m. and continuing through the following Sunday, January 27, Xbox Live users will be able to download Chair Entertainment Group's Undertow free of charge. Ordinarily available for 800 Microsoft points ($10), Undertow is an action combat game with 15 single-player levels as well as multiplayer action where up to 16 gamers take on different classes and races in an attempt to assert dominance over the waves.

Undertow is rated E10+ for Everyone 10 and Older.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby godzillasushi on Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:20 pm

It's okay....

I'm all for free stuff but it's kind of a wierd game. It reminds me of Bioshock. Graphically it's wonderful.

Otherwise it's.....eh......
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby stereosforgeeks on Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:23 pm

It's free and supports a lot of players online so we could set up a zoner game on it if everyone downloads it.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Fawst on Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:37 pm

I'll pick it up when I get home.
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Bob Samonkey on Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:46 pm

Damn!! My wireless has craped out and I cannot afford a new router right now. Looks like I will not be getting this game...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby stereosforgeeks on Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:54 pm

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:Damn!! My wireless has craped out and I cannot afford a new router right now. Looks like I will not be getting this game...

wire it for a bit?
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Bob Samonkey on Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:32 pm

stereosforgeeks wrote:
Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:Damn!! My wireless has craped out and I cannot afford a new router right now. Looks like I will not be getting this game...

wire it for a bit?

I tried that and it wont read my IP address. I rebooted the modem and even imputed an IP address manually and it still wont read. I think I am screwed...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Dyno on Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:27 pm

I got the Undertow game. Interesting to see the different styles of games that can be done with UT3. It's also the first downloadable game with cutscenes that I've ever seen.

It looks fun, I played a couple levels. Can't be bothered to invest too much time in a small time game right now.

Will keep it should boredom or flu-like symptoms set in...
Last edited by Dyno on Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dyno
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Fawst on Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:04 pm

I got it as well. And I can't play it. Something about trying to play a game where the sprites are about as big as, oh, 5 pixels? It's a cool concept, and I enjoy the "push the stick in a direction to shoot that way" style of gameplay. But yah, I just can't play it on a CRT set. Maybe it's better on an HD set, but I can't imagine that's the case, since the character size won't increase, but the playing area will.
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby godzillasushi on Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:06 pm

Fawst wrote:Maybe it's better on an HD set, but I can't imagine that's the case, since the character size won't increase, but the playing area will.

Not really much of an improvement in HD. I lost my character in the fighting many times.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby King Psyz on Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:45 pm

Fawst wrote:Apparently the demo for Devil May Cry 4 is up on Xbox Live, for anyone that's interested. I'll have to check this out just to see if PS3 owners are really missing out on anything that great.

Missing out on what, I've been playing the demo on ym PS3 since last Thursday
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby Dyno on Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:20 pm

King Psyz wrote:Missing out on what, I've been playing the demo on ym PS3 since last Thursday

Being the Devil fan (and nerd) that I am, I downloaded both demos for some side by side comparisons. Both are completely similar. I couldn't spot any real visual differences.
Dyno
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Fawst on Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:22 pm

Doh, you know what, I totally confused it with Ninja Gaiden 2. I thought DMC4 was an Xbox exclusive, but that's NG2.

I have to say, DMC4 seems like it's going to fucking rule. I only played a little bit of the first one, got stuck early on in the second one, and never touched the third. I may have to buy the collector's pack now just so I can catch up, cuz 4 seems bad ASS.
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Dyno on Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:28 pm

The first one was decent but I worry that it might not hold up these days.

The second one was a myth, a rumour, it never happened. Sleep now.

The third one was... the word is coming... BALLSALICIOUS!!!

In typical japanese video game fashion the third one is actually the first in the story. If you find a cheaper copy of just the third you would be all set.

Then again, the forth one is beginning with a new character, I think in part to let newcomers jump into the game.
Dyno
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby King Psyz on Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:15 pm

you can get the whole trillogy special editions and all with bonus content for $29 at TRU
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby Hermanator X on Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:18 pm

Gears of war 2 revealed in a slip up at GDC before its official announcement. Expect it in November!

Now with official teaser video....
http://kotaku.com/358805/gears-of-war-2-teaser
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby Peven on Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:10 am

there is no "Random Game news" thread here so since i own a 360 i will post this here. a trailer for the "Speed Racer" game and it looks pretty sweet. probably some outrageous tracks and super cool car upgrades. it also looks like it will have an "adventure" option with a bit of a storyline, maybe a little like Diddy Kong where you could could just race, or the adventure where you opened the new tracks. i hope Game Informer reviews it this month, they usually do a pretty good job of it

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/speed-racer/speed-racer-video-premiere/1187721

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Bob Samonkey on Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:43 am

Peven wrote:there is no "Random Game news" thread here so since i own a 360 i will post this here. a trailer for the "Speed Racer" game and it looks pretty sweet. probably some outrageous tracks and super cool car upgrades. it also looks like it will have an "adventure" option with a bit of a storyline, maybe a little like Diddy Kong where you could could just race, or the adventure where you opened the new tracks. i hope Game Informer reviews it this month, they usually do a pretty good job of it

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/speed-racer/speed-racer-video-premiere/1187721

I still have the PS1 game. It was short but hard, like a bodybuilding elf...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Pacino86845 on Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:55 am

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:It was short but hard, like a bodybuilding elf...

Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby Evil Hobbit on Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:35 pm

Picked up Perfect Dark Zero for 9 bucks. Figured, it's still RARE and well, part 1 was insanely good and well, can't go wrong with 9 bucks right? Holy crap, so far I hate it.
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Postby Fawst on Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:12 pm

It lost all the charm of the original, and gained all of the adolescent jerk-material that Tomb Raider has. Every chick has huge tits, skin tight lycra clothes, and ... yah, it's just fuckin bad.
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby King Psyz on Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:19 pm

Peven wrote:there is no "Random Game news" thread here so since i own a 360 i will post this here. a trailer for the "Speed Racer" game and it looks pretty sweet. probably some outrageous tracks and super cool car upgrades. it also looks like it will have an "adventure" option with a bit of a storyline, maybe a little like Diddy Kong where you could could just race, or the adventure where you opened the new tracks. i hope Game Informer reviews it this month, they usually do a pretty good job of it

Image*

*click teh owl holmes
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby Peven on Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:05 pm

King Psyz wrote:

Image*

*click teh owl holmes

well, uh, sure, yeah, if you want to include that thread..i mean it is a stretch and all, but i can see where you are coming from and all so lets just leave it at that..................... :oops:

but what did you think about the trailer? huh? huh? doesn't it look like it could be pretty cool? huh? huh?

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby MonkeyM666 on Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:36 am

Game review.... reposted.

Playing Beautiful Katamari on the 360 at the moment. It's super cute and just as good as the others. It's a great way to introduce yourself to the series if you've never had a gander as it's got all the best bits from the other games and set it to an actually coherent storyline (the king of the universe is so good at tennis that one day he served a ball so hard that it tore a hole in the fabric of time and space creating a lack hole. The hole sucks up the universe and you have to roll up stuff and make Katamari's (balls) to replace the fallen planets. Strange but coherent.).

There's no huge graphic leap in this game, which is a shame because they really haven't used the 360's specs at all. It looks like a brighter, slightly crisper version of the PS2 version with some off the shelf pull focus/depth of field tricks. Also it's only 720p which is silly considering the generation of this game.

I've always enjoyed the sound design in the Katamari series, when you pick something up and it squeaks or shouts it always made me laugh. The music is great, as always and you'll want to buy the CD.... well maybe. Fun, wacky Japanese pop that will keep you bopping for hours.

8/10 from me, as it's much like the other games but fortunately the formula is so fun I'm happy to keep playing.
Last edited by MonkeyM666 on Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby King Psyz on Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:14 am

how's the control since this game was really designed for the dualshock?

isn't it a little weird since the analog sticks aren't even?
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:47 am

It's fine.

You'd have to be reeeaallly picky or have odd hands if you have trouble with the 360's pad...
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MonkeyM666 on Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:32 pm

Very true Atomic.... very true. The controls are good, I barely notice the difference to be honest.
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby King Psyz on Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:01 pm

just wondering, I really hope they get on a Wii and PS3 version already.

they have to stick with sony since before this became a cult phenom they were the only system they could get it licensed on.

and the Wii's control scheme is BEGGING for a game like katamari. Hell incorporate Wii BalanceBoard and you could get real crazy with it...
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:07 pm

The maker of Katamari is already on a PS3 only project - Nobi Nobi Boy. Not much gameplay to see, more a tech demo than anything else.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Dyno on Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:43 pm

Picked up Condemned 2: Bloodshot.

After playing the first chapter I was very impressed. It seems they improved on just about everything.

Yes the fighting swung more towards the arcade style what with combos and chains but overall the fighting looks and feels better. It's a fairly deep system and the icons, while perhaps a bit contrary to what we are use to, are not very intrusive and thankfully don't 'pop' me out of immersion. They did a decent job with it. Hobo killing asks more of you now and it's time to step the fuck up, will you answer its hoarse, wheezing call?

The atmosphere and environments - my god, Jesus must be crying tarry black tears over this one! That first level was as intense as anything in the first game IMO. Talk about starting with a bang! Not only does Bloodshot feel as scary as the first but it's also physically gross. I was filled with revulsion and disgust, which when coupled with the anxiety just had me shaking my head in disbelief. In terms of making you feel something this game looks to be on par with Bioshock. I can't believe it but in this regard the game is exceeding my expectations.

I also like the collectables and responses. Working the TV antennas is a clever idea as is the A button replies. I like the ranking and reward system as it shows you were you need to improve. It looks like the game is going to be nicely replayable.

If this game remains consistant then it's going to be one awesome game!
Dyno
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby stereosforgeeks on Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:00 pm

Thanks for the thoughts Dyno. Ive been thinking about picking this up eventually as I was a fan of the first one.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby MonkeyM666 on Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:32 pm

REPOSTING....

COD4 Zoner Match!!!! There's enough of us who own the game now to do something really fun this weekend.

I'm going to repost this in another couple of threads and see if I can stir up any interest.
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby doglips on Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:06 am

Reposted for EH. New for 360&PS3

Evil Hobbit wrote:A new Soul Caliber 4 trailer is out and it strikes a mighty force.

Watch it here.

Releases in July.
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby MonkeyM666 on Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:52 am

Na, Soul Caliber has never really done it for me. Not a fan.... Next please...
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby JpPrewitt789 on Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:42 pm

Soul Caliber won't be worth buying since the 360 owner's don't get Vader...
JpPrewitt789
REAL DRAGON

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:37 am

Recent videos show Vader fighting Yoda. He'll be unlockable as Yoda will be on PS3.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Hollywood_Bob on Thu May 15, 2008 6:19 pm

caught this article from last week....could spell for an interesting Xmas rush this year for XBOX owners/fans if true...

http://www.tvpredictions.com/blux050208.htm
"The only way to rid yourself of tempation...is to yeild to it." Oscar Wilde

Hollywood_Bob
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Thu May 15, 2008 6:22 pm

They never said it was coming, but they never said they wouldn't support it. The codename is apparently Valhalla.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Brocktune on Thu May 15, 2008 6:29 pm

WHAT?!?!?!

well fuck a ps3, im just going to buy a second xbox 360!
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Hollywood_Bob on Thu May 15, 2008 6:34 pm

Here is a link to another article with regards to the new XBOX....looks like we may see blu-ray soon...

http://cens.com/cens/html/en/news/news_inner_23289.html
"The only way to rid yourself of tempation...is to yeild to it." Oscar Wilde

Hollywood_Bob
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Thu May 15, 2008 6:48 pm

Brocktune wrote:WHAT?!?!?!

well fuck a ps3, im just going to buy a second xbox 360!

If I'm in money by that point, I'll sell the old one off to buy a new one...
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby stereosforgeeks on Thu May 15, 2008 8:00 pm

Hollywood_Bob wrote:Here is a link to another article with regards to the new XBOX....looks like we may see blu-ray soon...

http://cens.com/cens/html/en/news/news_inner_23289.html

microsoft keeps on denying it though.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

PreviousNext

Return to Games