Transformers Animated / Abomination

Anime, cartoons and 3D. Animated shorts and features. And don't forget the animation genius in Bulgaria.

Postby unikrunk on Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:12 am

Gheorghe Zamfir wrote:I don't really get the re-imagining as a superhero story? What were they before? Or does that mean they're just getting rid of the Cybertron backstory and creating some origin story for them (fire truck hit by meteor and given super powers...).

Hrm.

Pretty much - I think the deal is no Decepticons, and the Transformers are here to help us - the target audience is 5-8 year olds. Seriously.

No fighting. Just helping.

Someone hand me the bucket, please.

Even 4 year old kids are going to be all 'Where the fuck is Megatron Daddy?" and then I am going to say "The bad men took him away, and left us with this toothless drivel, son".
He can't' love you back...
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby SilentBobX on Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:26 am

That cartoon looks like something Rob Liefeld thought up after a coffee cup full of laxative and LSD, then shit it onto an animation cel.

Can't we get the fucking ORIGINAL G1 Transformers on HD DVD? For pity's fuckin sake, man. How long, O lord, how long?

First, I wake up after seeing the animated movie and he dies. That was enough to piss me off. THEN they bring him back...........in the LAST episode of the fuckin series. Then he's a gorilla. A fucking gorillla? Did I miss a meeting or something? After the pilot episode, I discontinued watching it. And then I hear about the Transformers returning, but seeing the pics in Wizard I wisely skipped every incarnation since.

Gimme my G1 on HD DVD you cocksucking swine!

Mahalo
SilentBobX
AIRWOLF

Postby Gheorghe Zamfir on Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:02 am

To get extra geeky, since it seems like quite a few people are dissing on the gorilla, Beast Wars was actually really well done, and tied in very well to the G1 series, and to clarify, Optimus Prime was never a gorilla, Beast Wars was a whole different set of characters, new generation of transformers.
Gheorghe Zamfir
REAL DRAGON

Postby Zarles on Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:53 am

Fried Gold wrote:He's been a truck, a fire-engine, an robot jet thing, and I think some kind of oil tanker.

But you're fine with a gorilla?

Well, shit, if they're obviously going to make this as ridiculous as possible, why NOT go with a gorilla? I think they should ALL be gorillas.

'Let's get down to brass tacks here. How much for the ape?'
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Chairman Kaga on Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:09 pm

Gheorghe Zamfir wrote:Optimus Prime was never a gorilla, Beast Wars was a whole different set of characters, new generation of transformers.

True but just for clarities sake they shouldn't have recycled names ie Optimus Prime and Megatron.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Gheorghe Zamfir on Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:46 pm

Optimus Primal. Completely different. Like comparing oranges and orange.
Gheorghe Zamfir
REAL DRAGON

Postby unikrunk on Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:49 pm

Gheorghe Zamfir wrote:Optimus Primal. Completely different. Like comparing oranges and orange.

IPAMP - I like this zoner.
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby unikrunk on Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:55 pm

Go get'em Prime!

unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Transformers (New 2-d cartoon)

Postby bastard_robo on Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:59 pm

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby tapehead on Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:06 pm

unikrunk wrote:
Gheorghe Zamfir wrote:I don't really get the re-imagining as a superhero story? What were they before? Or does that mean they're just getting rid of the Cybertron backstory and creating some origin story for them (fire truck hit by meteor and given super powers...).

Hrm.

Pretty much - I think the deal is no Decepticons, and the Transformers are here to help us - the target audience is 5-8 year olds. Seriously.

No fighting. Just helping.
Someone hand me the bucket, please.

Even 4 year old kids are going to be all 'Where the fuck is Megatron Daddy?" and then I am going to say "The bad men took him away, and left us with this toothless drivel, son".

They're never gonna get kids to join the army with that attitude.

*my italics.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Fried Gold on Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:18 pm

Images of the what the toys look like:

http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=album&album=8198&dispsize=800&start=0

And lo-fi footage shown at Comiccon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVtVZP5tjWY

I don't think it looks that bad, probably just a little too light-weight. The animation seems fairly similar to the Teen Titans cartoon which I prefer to the recent anime-inspired stuff. Looks like the voice-acting might have improved too.
Last edited by Fried Gold on Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby bastard_robo on Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:21 pm

MOTHER OF GOD NO!

Theyve dragged GRIMLOCK IN TO THIS PILE OF SHIT!
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby buster00 on Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:14 am

Here's another preview shot.

I don't think it looks very good at all.
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Pacino86845 on Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:04 am

Fried Gold wrote:And lo-fi footage shown at Comiccon:

I don't think it looks that bad, probably just a little too light-weight. The animation seems fairly similar to the Teen Titans cartoon which I prefer to the recent anime-inspired stuff. Looks like the voice-acting might have improved too.

Are you kidding me? When it doesn't look like a cartoon about guys in space suits, it looks like Worker and Parasite!! :shock: :vomit:
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby TheButcher on Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:37 pm

Transformers 2008 tv show clip on YouTube.
It's looks like Teen Titans. It seems alright to me.
Last edited by TheButcher on Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby buster00 on Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:16 pm

TheButcher wrote:Transformers 2008 tv show clip on YouTube.

It made me physically sick.
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fried Gold on Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:35 pm

TheButcher wrote:Transformers 2008 tv show clip on YouTube.

I dislike the Pokemon-style neon backgrounds they put behind the transformations. Can't they just animate them taking place in the location?
All the characters do seem to looks like Teen Titan villains.

Besides that, I'm willing to give it a look. It's not like it has much to live up to.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby bastard_robo on Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:11 am

Pacino86845 wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:And lo-fi footage shown at Comiccon:

Are you kidding me? When it doesn't look like a cartoon about guys in space suits, it looks like Worker and Parasite!! :shock: :vomit:

BTW... The shows pilot debuts on Wednesday... Looks like pure shit.
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Crimson King on Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:16 am

This looks completely fucking lame.
English, motherfucker! Do you speak it?!?
Crimson King
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby Bayouwolf on Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:18 am

The Batman had one good thing going for it.
The original theme music was done by The Edge from U2. It rocked.

This steaming pile of Moo droppings however.... Even a John Williams score couldn't redeem.
Bayouwolf
Country Bouy

Postby bastard_robo on Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:23 am

So I watched 10 minutes of this and felt Eye ball raped...

This was just...bad...plain and simple...
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby mushookie on Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:36 pm

Hell, I thought it was great. A lot better than the 3 most recent series. Design wise, it sucks, but story and character wise, this might just be the best TF series since Beast Wars.

I mean, Starscream's portrayal alone is priceless - he's more of a calculating dick than he was in G1! The designs could be better, sure, but the story, characters, and voices are what makes this worth watching.

And if anyone says that AEC was better just because they were "designed" better, I punch them - there was no character in those, the stories sucked, and they almost killed the franchise for sucking so hard. The Decepticons are actually pretty damn evil in this series, there's G1 references everywhere, and there's not as many annoying humans - the token human that follows the Autobots around is actually quite livable.

A+ series, if you haven't seen the premiere episode fully, then shut up and go watch it.
mushookie
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Location: The land where Alice Cooper's "Frankenstien" will never be fed.

Postby Bob Samonkey on Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:25 pm

They played robot twister....

No really. They really did.

I see this going for like 5 more seasons...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Ribbons on Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:30 am

I caught like ten minutes of this show this morning while I was channel surfing. I have no idea what was going on, but there was some evil nerd in a robot that kept saying things like "n00b" and "pwnage." I assume that was the writers' way of showing how much they love their fanbase...
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby bastard_robo on Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:12 pm

Ribbons wrote:I caught like ten minutes of this show this morning while I was channel surfing. I have no idea what was going on, but there was some evil nerd in a robot that kept saying things like "n00b" and "pwnage." I assume that was the writers' way of showing how much they love their fanbase...

Did you take the rape shower too?
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Ribbons on Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:14 pm

I don't think so, although I did feel slightly 'unclean' from the whole experience
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby bastard_robo on Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:16 pm

Ribbons wrote:I don't think so, although I did feel slightly 'unclean' from the whole experience

That would be a small portion of your soul being violated with out lube...
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Re: Transformers (New 2-d cartoon)

Postby MSJ on Mon May 25, 2009 8:18 pm

Bumped

Wow, that few people visit the Animation section of The Zone if one of the more famous and fanwank-iest cartoon on TV haven't got a post for over a year.

Alright, how many of you went from being silly hating this show to being silly crying about it supposedly getting canceled? I don't think anybody said it was getting canceled yet. It's probably being put on hiatus so that Hasbro/TakaraTomy can market the Revenge of The Fallen toys ('cause, you know, these cartoons and movies are made to sell toys anyway). Besides, they have already made some new toys like Arcee; they would have to sell that somehow to cover the cost of production.

Unless they are just going to put them under the Universe line. Which means the show is getting canceled after all. Man, that would suck; so many stories they haven't focused on properly yet.

I guess we'll find out during BotCon.
MSJ
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby buster00 on Wed May 27, 2009 9:22 pm

If the current Transformers series suddenly got cancelled, I wouldn't miss it one bit.

If it were replaced by a higher-quality Transformers cartoon, I would be delighted.
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MSJ on Thu May 28, 2009 3:24 am

Higher quality would be good. But Animated is still loads better than any of the anime stuff they us after Beast Machines. It's almost Beast Wars quality, I'll say. Some have suggested that they should make a Justice League Unlimited style series that focuses on the background characters like Wheeljack or The Safeguard Twins.

UPDATE

Cancellation is confirmed.
Shit. Well, at least the toys would be going for cheap. And they better replace the show soon.
MSJ
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby MSJ on Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:15 am

The series maybe gone (hopefully not for good), but the toys are still around at least. And I mean they made new ones:

http://tformers.com/transformers-sdcc-2 ... /news.html
MSJ
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Transformers: Prime

Postby TheButcher on Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:27 am

From Seibertron:
Next cartoon is called "Transformers: Prime" according to actor Jeffrey Combs
Real Devastator wrote:
Debuting later this fall Hasbro in conjunction with Discovery Communications Inc will release a new Transformers cartoon on a new TV channel currently called Discovery Kids called Transformers: Prime.

Jeffrey Combs will be the voice of Ratchet, a very well known character in the Transformers world. There are 26 episodes scheduled for the first season. Exact details of the show are currently unavailable but will be posted here as soon as they are made available.

Jeffrey is quite thrilled with the opportunity to be cast in the role of Ratchet. He's not able to talk too much about the show this early in the production but did have this quote: "What I can say is that it is an honor and a privilege to be a part of such a prestigious project."

From Seibertron:
Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci involved in Transformers: Prime
Dead Metal wrote:Seibertron.com members Sabrblade and Autobot032 inform us that the writers of Transformers The Movie (2007) and Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci are involved in the upcoming cartoon series "Transformers: Prime". But that#s not all as we now have confirmation of the series being CGI.

Kurtzman and Orci, who are working on a "Star Trek" sequel and the Daniel Craig starrer "Cowboys and Aliens" on the feature side, continue to serve as consulting producers on "Fringe" and are executive producers on CBS/CBS Studios' "Hawaii 5-0," which they co-wrote with Peter Lenkov, and on the "Transformers" CG-animated series for upcoming Hasbro/Discovery channel the Hub.

From THR:
Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci ink TV deal
Nellie Andreeva wrote:Kurtzman and Orci, who are working on a "Star Trek" sequel and the Daniel Craig starrer "Cowboys and Aliens" on the feature side, continue to serve as consulting producers on "Fringe" and are executive producers on CBS/CBS Studios' "Hawaii 5-0," which they co-wrote with Peter Lenkov, and on the "Transformers" CG-animated series for upcoming Hasbro/Discovery channel the Hub.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Transformers: Prime

Postby Bob Samonkey on Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:38 am

TheButcher wrote:From Seibertron:
Next cartoon is called "Transformers: Prime" according to actor Jeffrey Combs
Real Devastator wrote:
Debuting later this fall Hasbro in conjunction with Discovery Communications Inc will release a new Transformers cartoon on a new TV channel currently called Discovery Kids called Transformers: Prime.

Jeffrey Combs will be the voice of Ratchet, a very well known character in the Transformers world. There are 26 episodes scheduled for the first season. Exact details of the show are currently unavailable but will be posted here as soon as they are made available.

Jeffrey is quite thrilled with the opportunity to be cast in the role of Ratchet. He's not able to talk too much about the show this early in the production but did have this quote: "What I can say is that it is an honor and a privilege to be a part of such a prestigious project."

From Seibertron:
Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci involved in Transformers: Prime
Dead Metal wrote:Seibertron.com members Sabrblade and Autobot032 inform us that the writers of Transformers The Movie (2007) and Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci are involved in the upcoming cartoon series "Transformers: Prime". But that#s not all as we now have confirmation of the series being CGI.

Kurtzman and Orci, who are working on a "Star Trek" sequel and the Daniel Craig starrer "Cowboys and Aliens" on the feature side, continue to serve as consulting producers on "Fringe" and are executive producers on CBS/CBS Studios' "Hawaii 5-0," which they co-wrote with Peter Lenkov, and on the "Transformers" CG-animated series for upcoming Hasbro/Discovery channel the Hub.

From THR:
Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci ink TV deal
Nellie Andreeva wrote:Kurtzman and Orci, who are working on a "Star Trek" sequel and the Daniel Craig starrer "Cowboys and Aliens" on the feature side, continue to serve as consulting producers on "Fringe" and are executive producers on CBS/CBS Studios' "Hawaii 5-0," which they co-wrote with Peter Lenkov, and on the "Transformers" CG-animated series for upcoming Hasbro/Discovery channel the Hub.

:?

buster00 wrote:If it were replaced by a higher-quality Transformers cartoon, I would be delighted.

So I guess that wont be happening...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Re: Transformers: Prime

Postby TheButcher on Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:08 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Fried Gold on Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:44 pm

Buckminster just told me about this.

It should have it's own thread, as it's clearly not connected with that last crappy Transformers cartoon.

And Welker's back... (it's just a shame Chris Latta's not around anymore)

Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MSJ on Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:14 am

It's not connected to the previous crappy cartoon? Yeah, I don' t think it has anything to do with those anime shows (Armada, Energon and Cybertron), but calling them crappy isn't too accurate either. They had some redeeming qualities, and the toys were great. This new show has nothing to do with the Bay movies or the awesome Animated either. It seems to use a combination of designs from various series, and the story seems to be following the events of the game War for Cybertron.

The writers of Fringe and Star Trek without Bay interfering should be good, anyway.

Edit: I just found out that Jeff Kline is also involved. That guy made the Men in Black cartoon, that I really think was better than the movies, and Jackie Chan Adventures, which is more fun than it should be. This is going to be great!

I'm still pissed there's no Animated toys for the Constructicons and Omega Supreme, though.
MSJ
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Re: Transformers Prime

Postby TheButcher on Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:51 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Transformers Animated / Abomination

Postby TeddyNall on Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:25 am

Imo this is nothing like the good-old Transformers we used to watch when we were kids.
Infection zithromax different types...
TeddyNall
GLIB

Previous

Return to Animation