Gnarls Barkley

Sigur Ros is the greatest living band. Discuss.

Postby Zarles on Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:24 am

Keepcoolbutcare wrote:
Zarles wrote:]Any chance that song is anywhere else, kc? It ain't there no mo'.

Here ya go

Thanks.
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:48 pm

Keepcoolbutcare wrote:
Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:Avert your eyes if necessary, here's the video.

the leaked version of "Run" has a different beat, which makes me wonder if some other tracks won't be changed as well.

hell, I'm not even sure if the track list I have is legit, or if the songs are the same, or if they're even labeled properly.

but if what I've got is the goods, then I'm shocked they didn't drop "Would Be Killer" as the lead single. Maybe they're saving it up, maybe they didn't want to edit out the pretty loud "fuck me well FUCK you too", but the beat is a banger, the hook is insanely catchy, and Cee-Lo sounds like a pretty heretofore unheard combination of garage rawk rasp and soul man croon. By far my favorite track.

I like this theory, and it would be comforting to think that the hiss-loop that kinda clouds my appreciation of the otherwise lovely 'Charity Case' (or more likely, 'She Knows'), might just be DM indulging in some pre-release confounding-of-expectations jiggery pokery. At the same time, I hope the casio-tone polka backing of 'Surprise' (which is definitely "Blind Mary') stays. As for 'Would Be Killer / Whatever' - it's 'soul grunge' (if I can coin a phrase) with a dose of the monkees 'Stepping Stone', and whilst I dig it, I'm more stuck on the Stax and Sixties tripping discothèque beats of the first couple of tracks, where I suspect the production is already in fully finished effect and the retro-futuristic soul inclinations of the first album are given full reign

I suspect this game has already been played all over the interwub, but heres my guess as to the actual tracklist;

01 Blind Mary - Charity Case
02 She Knows - Who's Gonna save my Soul?
03 No Time Soon - Going On
04 Whatever - Run
05 Who's Gonna Save My Soul? - Would Be Killer
06 Run - Open Book ~ sick beat and I feel like I've heard the string sample... somewheres...
07 Would Be Killer - Whatever
08 Open Book - Surprise
09 Going On - No Time Soon
10 Charity Case - She Knows
11 Surprise - Blind Mary
12 A Little Better - Neighbours ~ creepy little ditty, this one.
13 Neighbours - A Little Better

That's working on the presumption that all leaks are equal, but with the familiar film projector flickering and spinning off the reel at the head and tail of this album, just as it did on St Elsewhere, it seems the sequencing on this second lp is done.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:44 pm

heh, I was doing the same thing just the other day.

part of the fun I've had with the leak is sequencing the damn thing myself.

if it's valid, I love the "Run", "Would Be Killer" and "Open Book" back to back to back...
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Evil Hobbit on Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:16 pm

That's one crazy video!
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Postby Bob Samonkey on Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:25 pm

Zarles wrote:
Keepcoolbutcare wrote:
Zarles wrote:]Any chance that song is anywhere else, kc? It ain't there no mo'.

Here ya go

Thanks.

I just wanted to say that I have been on a Spaghetti Western Music kick cause of this thread. Strange as that sounds...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:18 pm

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:I just wanted to say that I have been on a Spaghetti Western Music kick cause of this thread. Strange as that sounds...

ooh, who or what have you been listening to?
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Bob Samonkey on Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:59 pm

Keepcoolbutcare wrote:
Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:I just wanted to say that I have been on a Spaghetti Western Music kick cause of this thread. Strange as that sounds...

ooh, who or what have you been listening to?

Well I started with the aforementioned Crazy guy then moved to the obvious Morricone and now I am just looking for anything and everything...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Worst Part's Almost Over on Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:36 pm

Was never fussed when I heard the singles from the first Gnarls Barkley album. Just didn't appeal to me. Then I heard 'Run' on Radio 1 this morning and thought it sounded interesting. So I got my hands on the album from a mate and I was amazed - I really really love the whole album!

It's great discovering new music :D
Worst Part's Almost Over
AIRWOLF

Previous

Return to Music