SECRET INVASION (SPOILERS! BEWARE!)

Graphic novels. Weekly rags. The @$$holes.

Postby DennisMM on Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:50 pm

I think there's a little niche. Probably with a built-in mustache comb, if I know Tony.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:50 pm

I am off to the comic shop now. Will write thoughts/review shortly thereafter.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fawst on Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:36 pm

I am so glad I got out of collecting comics. Marvel have been ultra whores lately, haven't they?

That, and there is not one appealing thing about the Skrulls to me. I always thought they were a lame creation.

Yah, er, so sorry to come in and bitch about this, I usually hate that stuff, but I love the sigs, keep those up everyone :)

Besides, the last good comic mega-event was Valiant's Unity...
Prince of the Land of Stench!
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Vegeta on Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:39 pm

Well, I haven't paid much attention lately to the Marvelverse (sans Astonishing X-Men) since Civil War, so here's my first impression...

Are the majority of superheroes "secret sleeper agent" Skrulls? Did the real heroes just show up (crash landing of Skrull ship) to set things right or is it now going to be a body snatchers type of scenario? Or are the recently appearing heroes clones or something?
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:14 pm

How would any of us have the answers to these questions when you read the same issue we did?

I thought it was excellent, btw. Really structured like a disaster/invasion movie with super heroes. Things started off big and just kept building. Hopefully this won't be anticlimactic.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:11 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:How would any of us have the answers to these questions when you read the same issue we did?

I thought it was excellent, btw. Really structured like a disaster/invasion movie with super heroes. Things started off big and just kept building. Hopefully this won't be anticlimactic.

I am absolutely SHOCKED at how much I dug this first issue. As my posts in this thread suggest, I was way burned out on BMB and his Avengers stuff. I was actually thinking of passing on this event, but I figured I would give it one issue to wow me...and it did.

The pacing was just EXCELLENT. Man did BMB take all that HoM criticism to heart. Good for him (and for us readers!). I can't WAIT for the second issue and I might even pick up the Avengers tie-in issues. Kudos to all involved.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Ribbons on Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:16 pm

Haven't bought the first issue yet, but I checked out the preview Pacino linked to on the last page. I mentioned this in the World War Hulk thread, but I can't get over how amazing the art in these crossover miniseries look. They're like the summer blockbusters of comic books (complete with usually disappointing stories!).
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:25 pm

Ribbons wrote:Haven't bought the first issue yet, but I checked out the preview Pacino linked to on the last page. I mentioned this in the World War Hulk thread, but I can't get over how amazing the art in these crossover miniseries look. They're like the summer blockbusters of comic books (complete with usually disappointing stories!).

Its funny because I HATE Yu's art. At least his art on New Avengers sans inker. His name on this book caused a voluntary gag reflex. He was one of the major selling points for me NOT BUYING the book.

But I must say his inker (and the colorist from Civil War) do wonders for his art. Quite a surprise.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Ribbons on Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:28 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:I must say his inker (and the colorist from Civil War) do wonders for his art. Quite a surprise.

The colors are what really stand out to me. They're so detailed and vibrant, like that one landscape of the Skrull planet with all the different shades of purple.

I also like that last, bodiless word bubble on page 10: "Boy am I!" How Bendis knows you don't even have to see who said it to know. I love the way he writes Spider-Man.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:19 am

Quick question...

...did anyone else notice how Yu's Hank Pym looked JUST like Pinnochio from Fables in some panels?

While I find Yu's art to be VASTLY improved...he still has problems with faces.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MasterWhedon on Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:53 pm

Man, this first issue rocked hard. The pacing was on point, the reveals and switcheroos and shockers all worked well, and by the end of the issue I was just hoping for more pages. After all this build-up, it was pretty damn satisfying to feel it's happening right now!!--and to have it all feel like the crescendo these books have been building to for so long. Really great "event" writing with some beautiful art.

I remember reading a blurb on Newsarama back when Bendis was first launching New Avengers. This was when I was casually getting back into comics (mainly just Astonishing X-Men and Ultimate Spider-Man at the time). The article, as I remember it, said something about Bendis having a 500-issue arc in mind for this series. I think maybe my shoddy memory added that last zero, because it appears a 50-issue arc is culminating right now (if you include House of M and combine New and Mighty). Sure, events like Civil War restructured that plan--made it even richer, IMO--but it definitely feels like everything has been building to this.

And that's why I picked up the first issue of New Avengers, because I was interested in this story--even though I had no idea what it was at the time. It was faith in Bendis that brought me here (and back into comics moreover), and it appears to be paying off. It's the same faith I've put into the creators of Lost and Battlestar Galactica, and those are turning out pretty damn great as well.

Let's just hope issues 2-8 can keep it up...
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby DennisMM on Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:22 pm

You people like this so much I guess I'll have to give it a try.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM

Postby MasterWhedon on Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:26 pm

MASSIVE SPOILERS!!

Newsarama has posted Secret Invasion: First Strike w/ Bendis.

And now Wizard has a "Director's Commentary" up.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Theta on Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:15 am

I hate to be the contrary guy and shit in people's cereal, but I don't like this book.

Although I will say for once I don't want to strangle Bendis. I just want to strangle Joe Q.

This feels a lot like an attempt to get back the fans who collectively bailed after the shitfests that were Civil War, Avengers Disassembled, and House of M. I do not buy Joe Q for a minute when he says this has been in the works for years. It feels more like, "fuck, this sweeping decision didn't work. We'd better clean house."

I do feel bad for Bendis in that if everything happens here that I THINK is going to happen, it basically means everything he's been writing for Marvel for a while has been B.S. That's a crappy thing to do to the guy, even if I don't like him.
This comment is in no way meant to insist your opinion is wrong or be considered an edict, solely this poster's opinion. That said, you are still a fool and will kneel before me in supplication.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby MasterWhedon on Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:11 pm

Theta wrote:This feels a lot like an attempt to get back the fans who collectively bailed after the shitfests that were Civil War, Avengers Disassembled, and House of M. I do not buy Joe Q for a minute when he says this has been in the works for years. It feels more like, "fuck, this sweeping decision didn't work. We'd better clean house."

See, but if you go back and read Disassembled and the early arcs of New Avengers, it really is all there: SHIELD rotting from within, a mystery force taking over the Hand, strange goings-on down in the Savage Land, a breakout from the Raft by mysterious forces (because they needed someone inside), and many, many Skrull references/cameos.

Events like House of M and Civil War changed certain dynamics, but the Secret Infiltration/Invasion has been the thrust of the series so far.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Leckomaniac on Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:28 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:
Theta wrote:This feels a lot like an attempt to get back the fans who collectively bailed after the shitfests that were Civil War, Avengers Disassembled, and House of M. I do not buy Joe Q for a minute when he says this has been in the works for years. It feels more like, "fuck, this sweeping decision didn't work. We'd better clean house."

See, but if you go back and read Disassembled and the early arcs of New Avengers, it really is all there: SHIELD rotting from within, a mystery force taking over the Hand, strange goings-on down in the Savage Land, a breakout from the Raft by mysterious forces (because they needed someone inside), and many, many Skrull references/cameos.

Events like House of M and Civil War changed certain dynamics, but the Secret Infiltration/Invasion has been the thrust of the series so far.

MW is 100% correct. This has obviously been in the works for quite some time. It is all there. It is too massive to be a coincidence.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:55 pm

Co-signed.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Theta on Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:06 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:See, but if you go back and read Disassembled and the early arcs of New Avengers, it really is all there: SHIELD rotting from within, a mystery force taking over the Hand, strange goings-on down in the Savage Land, a breakout from the Raft by mysterious forces (because they needed someone inside), and many, many Skrull references/cameos.

Maybe it ties together, but A) it only does so because of a deus ex machina (undetectable Skrulls, you know, I keep saying it and it just sounds dumber and dumber to me) which honestly doesn't support the idea all this was planned and B) I just don't feel like this was intended from the start. I certainly won't say Bendis wasn't thinking, "Dude, I so want to play with Skrulls" because he's certainly enough of a fanboy to want to do that.

But on this scale, and this much continuity reversal? Not buying it. An Avengers arc would be one thing, something like this is just too big of a pill to swallow.

Honestly, I'd rather believe that this is an attempt to fix bad ideas and unpopular decisions with a nasty continuity wrench than a cynically plotted attempt to sell more issues with "controversies" like Cap being shot and the Scarlet Witch going psycho, knowing all the while that they're just going to return it to the status quo. The former is something we see every five years or so, the latter is just so nakedly manipulative and cynical that it would make me never want to throw money at any sort of Marvel product again.
This comment is in no way meant to insist your opinion is wrong or be considered an edict, solely this poster's opinion. That said, you are still a fool and will kneel before me in supplication.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby Leckomaniac on Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:45 pm

Theta wrote:
MasterWhedon wrote:See, but if you go back and read Disassembled and the early arcs of New Avengers, it really is all there: SHIELD rotting from within, a mystery force taking over the Hand, strange goings-on down in the Savage Land, a breakout from the Raft by mysterious forces (because they needed someone inside), and many, many Skrull references/cameos.

Maybe it ties together, but A) it only does so because of a deus ex machina (undetectable Skrulls, you know, I keep saying it and it just sounds dumber and dumber to me) which honestly doesn't support the idea all this was planned and B) I just don't feel like this was intended from the start. I certainly won't say Bendis wasn't thinking, "Dude, I so want to play with Skrulls" because he's certainly enough of a fanboy to want to do that.

But on this scale, and this much continuity reversal? Not buying it. An Avengers arc would be one thing, something like this is just too big of a pill to swallow.

Honestly, I'd rather believe that this is an attempt to fix bad ideas and unpopular decisions with a nasty continuity wrench than a cynically plotted attempt to sell more issues with "controversies" like Cap being shot and the Scarlet Witch going psycho, knowing all the while that they're just going to return it to the status quo. The former is something we see every five years or so, the latter is just so nakedly manipulative and cynical that it would make me never want to throw money at any sort of Marvel product again.

Why are you so reluctant to believe this? Whatever. You will obviously believe that you wish to believe, but if you have actively been following what Bendis has done with Disassembled, Secret War, and his Avengers titles than you can clearly see that this is something long planned. If you wish to maintain this theory that is all some great big lie...that is most certainly your prerogative.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Ribbons on Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:59 pm

Theta wrote:Honestly, I'd rather believe that this is an attempt to fix bad ideas and unpopular decisions with a nasty continuity wrench than a cynically plotted attempt to sell more issues with "controversies" like Cap being shot and the Scarlet Witch going psycho, knowing all the while that they're just going to return it to the status quo.

I can understand what you're saying here, and I certainly hope that's not the plan (or even better, that neither are). We'll have to see how this series shakes out.
Last edited by Ribbons on Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby MasterWhedon on Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:01 pm

Theta, if you're thinking this is all going to end in a giant retcon (as the spread of the '70s-era heroes could imply), I'd point you to Attack of the Show's interview with Bendis wherein he was asked the question, "Is this all a big retcon?" His answer: "I don't retcon. I just don't do it." So, there's that.

You can believe that this thing was all planned from word one or not, but every interview I've read with Bendis about New Avengers since it started has made some mention of the threat "behind the curtain." If you think that was just a vague something he was peppering in for fun--well, I disagree. Bendis has said he wanted to build the Skrulls into a much larger threat than they were ever previously portrayed, and he's done it by systematically lining up all of the elements listed above, leading into Secret Invasion.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby ONeillSG1 on Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:31 pm

Feels like a ret-con is coming. I mean, there's a lot of leeway for such a thing considering the last 4-5 pages of the book. BTW: WOW. What a way so start out the series. Especially the end with the . . .

Is it safe to spew out plot points without tiny text or is this thread non-spoiler friendly?
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby Leckomaniac on Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:50 pm

ONeillSG1 wrote:Is it safe to spew out plot points without tiny text or is this thread non-spoiler friendly?

I edited the thread title. I say feel free to post spoilers. Just mark them as such.

Agreed?
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ONeillSG1 on Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:19 pm

Agreed.

SPOILERS AHOY.

Can Reed re-assemble himself after taking a blast like that?

And does that mean he's NOT a Skrull? (lol)

Also: It's a showdown. Who's the real superheroes, and is that a Steve Rogers/Captain America or a Bucky/Captain America leading the charge.

If it's Steve, my money is that he's NOT a Skrull and that he's going to be just fine throughout this whole shindig.

Nice start to a really interesting series (I hope).
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby DennisMM on Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:48 am

Reed has been reduced to a puddle on one occasion if I recall. On another he was trapped in a vacuum and slowly expanded into a sphere. He's quite resilient. That was quite the blast though. His lower jaw was way over yonder.
DennisMM

Postby Leckomaniac on Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:50 am

That scene was probably the most expertly rendered of the book. Kudos to Yu on that one. It looked horrifying. Superb!
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:53 am

I don't know how much of this series I'll get into before the TPB's come out, but this appears to be a fine combination of genius and epic. The amount of planning so far in advance (yes, I believe it) is just amazing. Here's hoping it is the bee's knees.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Bob Samonkey on Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:24 am

The bees knees are Skrull??!? Man, they are everywhere...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:46 am

I don't think that THAT cap is the real cap. I only say that because Marvel has given Brubaker a lot of leeway in running Captain America, and I just can't imagine them stomping all over his sandbox. Cap doesn't even have a Secret Invasion tie-in, I don't think.

And even if some characters are retconned... um who cares. It's not like this is going to be a retcon of the entire marvel universe. Instance: even if that is the REAL scarlet witch, I doubt she's going to show up and be all "MORE MUTANTZ!" Marvel has put too much legitimate attention into the dwindling mutant population to just suddenly change it back.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Leckomaniac on Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:27 pm

Yeah, I don't anticipate a MASSIVE retcon. Some characters will be back, but that will not invalidate the previous stories. It will just add a new layer to those stories.

And I was extremely surprised to see "blue fur" beast among the characters. Chatter before SI said that Marvel was pretty keen on bringing back the "pre-fur" version of Beast.

I wonder if they will make Wolverine a Skrull so that they can get rid of the horrible Wolverine: Origins and make his past shrouded in mystery again.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Chairman Kaga on Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:55 pm

So this boils down to Spidey Clone Saga x 50.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Ribbons on Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:30 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:So this boils down to Spidey Clone Saga x 50.

Or the reverse Clone Saga, depending on how you want to look at it (I forget what that was called, but where you found out that Ben Riley was not actually the real Spider-Man... a storyline I had done a good job of blocking out until just now).

I haven't read the Wolverine: Origins story but if you're talking about the whole "James Howlett" thing I wouldn't necessarily want that to be retconned. It detracts from his aura of mystique, and there are arguably times where DC or Marvel or whoever do some crazy shit with a character that needs to get course-corrected (the death of Superman, the clone saga), but I think at some point you have to dig in your heels instead of leaving the universe in a perpetual status quo, even if that seems preferable. Plus it's sort of like Episode I -- half of geekdom wanted to know Wolverine's past, until they actuallly told it.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

SECRET INVASION (SPOILERS! BEWARE!)

Postby bastard_robo on Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:58 pm

Ribbons wrote:

Or the reverse Clone Saga, depending on how you want to look at it (I forget what that was called, but where you found out that Ben Riley was not actually the real Spider-Man... a storyline I had done a good job of blocking out until just now).

I haven't read the Wolverine: Origins story but if you're talking about the whole "James Howlett" thing I wouldn't necessarily want that to be retconned. It detracts from his aura of mystique, and there are arguably times where DC or Marvel or whoever do some crazy shit with a character that needs to get course-corrected (the death of Superman, the clone saga), but I think at some point you have to dig in your heels instead of leaving the universe in a perpetual status quo, even if that seems preferable. Plus it's sort of like Episode I -- half of geekdom wanted to know Wolverine's past, until they actuallly told it.

You know, the begging of the clone saga wasnt bad, it was when Ben took over being SPIDERMAN was when it got lame.

As for Wolvie... I think the revealed past pissed off a lot of people because they had other ideas in mind of what his past should have been insted of what they came up with.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby ONeillSG1 on Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:30 am

Stupid question: When does the next issue of SI hit the stands?

Also, new sig. Yay or Nea?
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:36 am

new av? meh

second issue should hit the first week in May.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Chairman Kaga on Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:57 am

Ribbons wrote:

I just meant the dynamic of
"Hey you know all those WOlverine stories you have read for years?"
"Yeah..."
"Well that wasn't really Wolverine!"
"O....K....."
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ONeillSG1 on Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:17 am

burlivesleftnut wrote:new av? meh

second issue should hit the first week in May.

No, not the av. The SIG. THE SIG.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby Captain Craig on Thu May 08, 2008 3:04 pm

Like all "mega events" SI has started strong. Like all the others I expect a very weak or cliched ending.
Captain Craig
GLIB

Postby Vegeta on Fri May 09, 2008 5:26 pm

Pretty good stuff in issue #2... so, what's the deal with the Skrulls invading New York in hero costume?
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby instant_karma on Fri May 09, 2008 7:52 pm

Vegeta wrote:Pretty good stuff in issue #2... so, what's the deal with the Skrulls invading New York in hero costume?

I dunno. But I did get a tingle when I noticed that a couple of them seemed to be variations on the original Super Skrull that had all of the Fantastic Four's abilities combined. There's one that looks like a combo of Wolverine, Cyclops and Colossus, one that looked like The Illuminati combined and that looked like a collective of the Sinister Six.

With the levels of power that these Skrulls suggest, anything less than whole cities being wiped out is going to seem a bit of a let down, so I hope Bendis hasn't promised something in the set up that he then doesn't deliver.
instant_karma
Comes in 4 exciting flavours

Re: SECRET INVASION (SPOILERS! BEWARE!)

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:39 am

The Marvel Super Retcon Theory

Tony Stark has been a Skrull sleeper agent all along. The real Captain America was never shot, but the Skrull clone Captain America was. However the real Captain America also turns out to be a Skrull super soldier. As Marvel continues to layer retcon upon retcon, before long it is retcon-proved that Marvel comics never ever actually existed. Stan Lee is a Skrull overlord, and the only comic book characters who are actually who they say they are the Charlton Comics characters. Fans look forward to a bright future of nothing but Blue Beetle vs Super Skrull storylines. Dan Garrett, that is, as Ted Kord is obviously retconned to be a Skrull. Also, it is retconned that Ted Kord is also Rom the Spaceknight...who has Skrull wiring.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:50 am

Fried Gold wrote:The Marvel Super Retcon Theory

Tony Stark has been a Skrull sleeper agent all along. The real Captain America was never shot, but the Skrull clone Captain America was. However the real Captain America also turns out to be a Skrull super soldier. As Marvel continues to layer retcon upon retcon, before long it is retcon-proved that Marvel comics never ever actually existed. Stan Lee is a Skrull overlord, and the only comic book characters who are actually who they say they are the Charlton Comics characters. Fans look forward to a bright future of nothing but Blue Beetle vs Super Skrull storylines. Dan Garrett, that is, as Ted Kord is obviously retconned to be a Skrull. Also, it is retconned that Ted Kord is also Rom the Spaceknight...who has Skrull wiring.

LOL. Whoever wrote that should have know that ROM is not a robot, but a cyborg. Therefore it could be a Skrull inside the armor.

FAIL.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:49 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:The Marvel Super Retcon Theory

LOL. Whoever wrote that should have know that ROM is not a robot, but a cyborg. Therefore it could be a Skrull inside the armor.

FAIL.

I wrote that.

Ted Kord is the skrull inside the armour...which has skrull wiring.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:24 am

Fun Secret Invasion reads:

Mighty Avengers: Hank Pym's story of how he became a skrull agent. My review: Hank Pym is a douche. Being a skrull is probably an improvement, but I do so love how Bendis is weaving all his stories the last couple of years into this epic. Fun to get caught up on these back stories.

New Avengers: Same song, different book. Bendis makes a great case for Spider Woman being an excellent spy for the Skrulls. Very clever story telling here if you have been following along.

Ms. Marvel: I have been reading this book since #1, and have only half liked it. Why? Well I love powerful female super heroes. But they turned Carol Danvers from a whipsmart soldier into a Sex and the City idiot. But with this issue we begin to see that Ms. Marvel COULD be Marvel's Wonder Woman. Not only does she kick an unholy amount of Skrull ass, but she uses her brains for the first time in the entire run of the series.

Runaways/Young Avengers: Well both teams are some of my faves, and I liked their crossover during Civil War. This one is a little more dramatic as two characters are so keyed into Skrull mythology. I like the prominence given to Teddy, and Xavin's heroism rocks my socks. Looking forward to where this is going.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Fried Gold on Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:50 am

burlivesleftnut wrote:Fun Secret Invasion reads:

Mighty Avengers: Someone's revealed to be a Skrull agent.

New Avengers: Someone's revealed to be a Skrull spy.

Ms. Marvel: Someone pretends not to be a Skrull, but probably is.

Runaways/Young Avengers: Someone young is probably a Skrull.

Awesome.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:55 pm

Next time you put the trouble into reviewing stuff you like, I will make sure to snarkily dismiss it with bad jokes.

Good job, jerk.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Ribbons on Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:24 pm

Just read issue 4. I liked the narration by... I think either Spider-Skrull or Jarvis? At the beginning. Solid, but not really all that surprising, despite the two shock reveals at the end.

Looks like some of those people predicting a retcon may turn out to be right, with the sudden re-appearance of Thor and Captain America in Lower Manhattan.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby burlivesleftnut on Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:14 pm

Thor has been back for a spell, and that was New Cap (Bucky Barnes).
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Ribbons on Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:38 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:Thor has been back for a spell, and that was New Cap (Bucky Barnes).

B'oh... :oops:
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Previous

Return to Comic Books