OZ

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Most fucked up badass

Schillinger
47%
Adibisi
21%
Redding
5%
Keller
11%
O'Reilly
16%

Total votes : 19

OZ

Postby TonyWilson on Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:18 pm

Oh my god how did I forget to post a topic for the finest TV show of the 90's

That's not hyperbole that's fact my friends.

Anyway you're all welcome to voice your opinions on this one.
Just be careful you don't piss me off too much, I'd hate to have to wall you up inside a kithchen, or drop a lift on your head, or shiv you with a razorblade on a toothbrush, or slice your achilles tendon open, or set my neo nazi buddies to crucify you.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby John-Locke on Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:27 pm

If I could see their faces I might remember them, The dude who played Chet in Weird Science TV show was pretty Badass, as was JK Simmons and the Black Dude from Londons Burning. I never caught a lot of OZ but what I saw I liked, It was always on in the middle of the night on Channel 4.

Do you like The Shield?

Have you heard about Shawn Ryans new show? He's teaming up with David Mamet. cant remember the name though.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby TonyWilson on Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:33 pm

JK Simmons is Schillinger, the neo nazi who's son is killed by the mob on the request of Beecher.

He really was terrifying.

i've heard about the Mamet/Ryan show, something to do with anti terrorism units. It sounds great. Did you ever catch "In the line of fire" when it was on 4, they had is on really late at night like OZ, ot was about the FBI in chicago (i think it was chicago).
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson

Postby John-Locke on Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:42 pm

Yeah I voted for Schillinger because I didn't really recognise the other character names. Maybe you can post pics of the actors if you've got the time?

Never caught in the line of fire, can you get it on DVD?
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby DrillerKiller on Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:27 am

The most evil would be Schillinger I guess, but the most wily would be O'Reilly - never before has a character had such undying support from me, he's a true survivor in every sense of the word.

This is the greatest TV show of all time, bar none. Nothing is as well scripted. Anyone know how many seasons there are? I have 1-3, have 4 on the way and am positively dying for more.
Wellycome....in jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam
DrillerKiller
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby vicious_bastard on Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:49 am

Great show but a little too much assraping for my tastes. Hard poll.

Schillinger did dedicate himself quite remarkably to fucking over Beecher and humiliating him completely but was a bit of a wuss - easilt controlled through his son. O'Reilly gave a few people AIDS on purpose didn't he? That's pretty messed up. And he screwed that screw but loses man points for getting breast cancer. His brother showing up hurt his rep as well.

Adibisi wins for sheer craziness and not giving a damn about anything - especially the heroin withdrawal one where he completely lost his mind and started laughing maniacally whilst jerking off.

All the episodes blur into one in my head - the curse of late-night TV. There must have been loads but I can only remember a few. Awesome riot sticks in the mind.
vicious_bastard
AIRWOLF

Postby TonyWilson on Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:54 am

vicious_bastard wrote:Great show but a little too much assraping for my tastes. Hard poll.

IPAMPILASH, was that on purpose VB?

Yeh I think Schillinger while undoubttedly the most vilest character would have been dead inside of 2 minutes if Adibisi ever got hold of him. I gave Adibisi my support, but then Burr Redding was a horrible manipulative sonofabitch too.

I think there's 5 season in all, I remember the last one episode I saw which had a burnt mutilated Luke Perry visiting the evangelicals who walled him up in the kitchen.

Fantastic show.
TonyWilson

Postby TonyWilson on Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:08 am

Ok I finally got the photos up...only 6 months late :lol:

First we have Schillinger:

Then Adibisi:

Then O'Reilly:

Redding:

And Keller:

Vote away people.
TonyWilson

Postby fried samurai on Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:51 pm

I loved OZ.One of the best series ever made.

Mamet's new show will be called The Unit.The only thing that scares me its on CBS it should've been on FX.
fried samurai
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby bc1970 on Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:01 pm

This was a rough show. I will never go to prison. Ever.
That said...
There was an audible splash when it jumped the shark.
Crispy Luke Perry Ghost.
bc1970
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby The Ginger Man on Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:08 pm

I lost about 3 weeks of college classes once I was introduced to OZ. All I could do was stay home, download episodes and inhale the entire thing.

My vote for most fucked up badass would be Keller. It all comes down to last moments, how each of these guys went out.

*SPOILER ALERT*

Shillinger (after being born again and having various truces with Beecher) is "accidently" shived during Macbeth b/c Keller switches the knives.

Adibisi does take over OZ temporarily, but dies in a simple knife fight.

Redding ended up trying to reform all his gangstas.

O'Reilley forgave his father and saw the error of his ways.

But Keller manipulates Beecher into killing Shillinger. He then commits suicide but makes it look like he was killed by Beecher. And ultimately has anthrax released into the prison with the hopes of killing everyone. All in the name of his undying love for Beecher.

**End Spoiler**

That my friends, is the most fucked up badass.
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby magic34015 on Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:42 pm

The Ginger Man wrote:*SPOILER ALERT*

Shillinger (after being born again and having various truces with Beecher) is "accidently" shived during Macbeth b/c Keller switches the knives.

Adibisi does take over OZ temporarily, but dies in a simple knife fight.

Redding ended up trying to reform all his gangstas.

O'Reilley forgave his father and saw the error of his ways.

But Keller manipulates Beecher into killing Shillinger. He then commits suicide but makes it look like he was killed by Beecher. And ultimately has anthrax released into the prison with the hopes of killing everyone. All in the name of his undying love for Beecher.

**End Spoiler**

That my friends, is the most fucked up badass.

He released the Anthrax to kill the Neo Nazis to protect Beecher for killing Schilinger. Not to kill everyone.
magic34015
GLIB

Postby Cabiria on Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:31 pm

This was a damn fine show, and one of my favorites. So much like a soap opera, but with extra violence. Any show where a character is killed by particles of glass being added to his food is all right by me. Plus, didn't they have an all musical episode?

Also, it had plenty of full frontal male nudity, which I think adds tension to any drama, don't you? :twisted:

A fun game to play is Spot the Oz Actor on network tv. What with Keller & Mukada on L&O SVU, Shirley Bellinger on L&O CI, Adabesi on Lost, and Schillinger on practically everything (West Wing, L&O, the damn yellow M&M) it's like Em City never closed!
Cabiria
MONKEY BUTLER

Re: OZ

Postby DerLanghaarige on Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:45 am

If you read my Twitter feed, you probably know that I recently fell in love with that show. I started yesterday season 4 and only skimmed this thread to avoid spoilers, but damn, that's some great television!
What surprised me the most so far was how dark humored and surreal the show often is. Also despite its reputation it's surprisingly light on surprise buttsex so far, although judging by the opening credits for this season, it might change soon.
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby Fievel on Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:54 am

Wow... didn't even know there was a thread for this. I loved this show when it originally ran. I think I missed a lot of the final season as it just became too over-the-top-unbelievable, but made sure to watch the finale... which strangely I don't remember a minute of.
I'm still bummed that the guy that played Beecher never really found another niche in acting. He was great in the first season or two. I never thought I'd be able to look at J.K. Simmons without thinking of Schilinger, but he escaped that role for me a long time ago. Great show, just got a little too crazy at the end for me.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TonyWilson on Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:10 pm

See I can't look at Simmons and see anyone but Schillinger. It made Juno half bearable!
TonyWilson

Postby DerLanghaarige on Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:08 pm

A full frontal body shot of a naked Christopher Meloni, pissing into a bucket. Now that's something you don't see on LAW & ORDER.
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Return to Coaxial