annoying songs

Sigur Ros is the greatest living band. Discuss.

Postby Vegeta on Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:22 pm

king_of_nowhere wrote:
dablunt89 wrote:This isn't a specific song, more a genre, but death metal makes me want to pop in an avril lavigne or daniel powter album any day of the week. Well maybe not powter but you get my meaning. I don't see how that music fits in to any situation. Not at parties, not at night, not when your driving, not when your f***ing. There's just no place for it. Actually maybe a death metal f*ck would be alright, if your really pissed at the person.

Some Death Metal bands are good.

I used to listen to Death all the time.
i listened to Leprosy exclusively for about a month, Spiritual Healing was pretty good too.

Although i'm not too fond of European death metal, Pestilence kicked a lot of ass.

Death is good... haven't listened to them in years, though. I believe they had an instrumental called Textures that I am especially fond of.
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby minstrel on Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:55 pm

Anything played by Yngwie Malmsteen, Michael Angelo Batio, or any of their type of hyperspeed shredding guitarists. They have phenomenal chops, but no taste! I'd rather listen to David Gilmour or Mark Knopfler or Carlos Santana any day over those ridiculous egomaniacs.

I mean, at some point you stop being impressed with the speed, and just start saying "What's the fucking POINT???"
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Re:

Postby The Vicar on Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:24 am

minstrel wrote:Anything played by Yngwie Malmsteen, Michael Angelo Batio, or any of their type of hyperspeed shredding guitarists. They have phenomenal chops, but no taste! I'd rather listen to David Gilmour or Mark Knopfler or Carlos Santana any day over those ridiculous egomaniacs.

I mean, at some point you stop being impressed with the speed, and just start saying "What's the fucking POINT???"

To which I'd add Steve Hackett, Allan Holdsworth, Jeck Beck, Adrian Belew, the insane but talented Robert Fripp, Robin Trower ( who, after learning some alien finger exercises from le Fripp, went out and did Bridge of Sighs ) and one of these days put an ear to the multiple solos Mick Box jacks into the song Salisbury by Uriah Heep. Speed withhout grace, without soul ( tell me that's not David Gilmour's soul pouring out of your speakers during Time from Dark Side of the Moon ) is just quick noise. Composition has got to count for something. Melody. Purpose.
Gilmour and Santana.
Christ had twins.
I wonder if Jesus could smoke a mean lyre?
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Re: annoying songs

Postby Wolfpack on Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:23 pm

Anything by Lady GaGa makes me want to claw out my eyeballs.
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby theunforgettablefire on Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:09 pm

theunforgettablefire
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:24 pm

theunforgettablefire wrote:does it get any worse than this http://turningdownthesuck.blogspot.com/2010/03/black-eyed-peas.html

i don't even have to click the link. i can see where it says "black-eyed-peas" and that tells me that, no, it cannot get any worse than that.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby minstrel on Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:45 pm

Several years ago, Christina Aguilera and Justin Timberlake co-headlined a tour. I had built some stage effects equipment for Christina. I was called out to Chicago to repair this equipment, and while I was there I was required to sit through the concert. Guess who was the opening act. If you said the Black Eyed Peas, you win the Golden Turd. I had to watch their performance while not puking, and that was NOT EASY! I'd never heard of them before, but they immediately took first place in my personal Most Vomit-Wrenching Music Acts of All Time. Christina herself wasn't much better. Fortunately, I didn't have to hang around to see Justin Timberlake's set. I might have died of popmusicebolavirus or something. I mean it. I've seen concerts I've loved, but this show was one I wanted to run screaming from.
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:52 pm

Gimme back that filet-o-fish
Gimme that fish
Gimme back that filet-o-fish
Gimme that fish
What if it were you
hanging up on this wall?
If it were you in that sandwich