RIP Eddie Guerrero

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

RIP Eddie Guerrero

Postby dmann on Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:12 pm

Eddie Guerrero, 38, former WWE Champ and current Smackdown Star died this weekend in a hotel in Minneapolis. Cause of death is still indeterminate, although foul play has been ruled out.

Thought this would be the apropos place to memorialize a very entertaining TV performer who was a favorite with fans due to his spectacular in ring style and hillarious work on the microphone.

RIP Eddie.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read" - Groucho Marx
dmann
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby Adam Balm on Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:13 pm

Of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, his was the most....human.
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:16 pm

haha
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby so sorry on Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:21 pm

eddie was one of the good ones from what i remember.
allways had good spirits and seemed to be a geniunely nice guy.
to bad...
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:24 pm

38?????!?

More proof that the good die young

ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Bean on Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:32 pm

I never got into the whole WWF fad.. in fact, I never even knew there was a fad until last year, when I stumbled upon my friend's old toys ("You don't remember that fad??")
Bean
AIRWOLF

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:34 pm

It's still massively popular amongst certain kids in the UK......
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby dmann on Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:47 pm

Its definately waned in popularity, especially since WCW was bought by WWE (then WWF).

That Said, Don King still says he envies the PPV buyrates WWE gets on a monthly basis. Think what you will of Don King, but the man knows about selling Pay Per View.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read" - Groucho Marx
dmann
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby MasterWhedon on Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:01 pm

dmann wrote:Its definately waned in popularity, especially since WCW was bought by WWE (then WWF).

It was actually the other way around. WWF bought up all the rival properties, including both WCW and ECW.

I watched wrestling for a bit in college, and even though I was never a huge Eddie Guerro fan, this is indeed sad news. He was one of the ones who really put it all out there, put his body on the line to give a good show.

Rest in peace.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby John-Locke on Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:03 pm

Eddie was a showman alright, I was kinda looking forward to seeing him as one of the commando's in the WWE Predator remake, even though the idea is horrible. He was a former Alcoholic & substance abuser and managed to get himself sober, shame it sounds like his body gave out on him, although steroids are also possible.

RIP Eddie. Viva la Rasta.

;)
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby The Garbage Man on Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:16 am

I remember pro wrestling being big in the late 80's-early 90's, then it sorta died off, then got huge again in the late 90's with Stone Cold and The Rock, and now I guess it's waning again. It seems to follow a pretty steady pattern of getting huge, tailing off, then getting big again.

It's like Oprah, but with more man-love.
The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF

Postby ONeillSG1 on Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:28 am

I just saw him on TV like a week or two ago.

What the hell happened?

Jesus Christ.

His Frog Splash looked like it could hurt you if it was done for that purpose.

My god, so young.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby Brocktune on Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:01 pm

this is, and will be the f@te of most of these dudes, as the industry in which they work is as cold, callous, and cruel as any. it chews you up and spits you out. and the only way to make it to the top is to pay for it in years. the abuse that pro wrestlers bodies take is insane. have you seen the iron shiek recently? that crotchety old fuck can barely walk. not to mention all the steriod abuse... im sorry "dietary suppliment" abuse. if a pro wrestler makes it to 40 and they arent addicted to crack, its a miracle. damn shame, because a lot of these guys are actually pretty talented. may edie guererro rest in peace.
that being said, fuck latino heat! fuck him right in his dead ass with a big rubber dick. he was the worst racial stereotype since scott hall. i hated all 4 of the "radicals", except perry saturn, because that whole moppy thing was so funny. i dont really watch too much wrestling anymore, but i will be glad i dont have to watch latino heat anymore. now, if only the reaper would be so kind as to rid us of brock lesnar, the undertaker, and john cena.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ONeillSG1 on Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:45 pm

And what are your feelings on the greatest wrestler ever to live, Hulk Hogan?

The Immortal Hulk Hogan, I might add.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:47 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:
dmann wrote:Its definately waned in popularity, especially since WCW was bought by WWE (then WWF).

It was actually the other way around. WWF bought up all the rival properties, including both WCW and ECW.

Isn't that what he said?

Wrestling is stupid made up nonsense. I prefer my entertainment to be more based on reality...like Smallville and Battlestar Galactica.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Brocktune on Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:55 pm

ONeillSG1 wrote:And what are your feelings on the greatest wrestler ever to live, Hulk Hogan?

The Immortal Hulk Hogan, I might add.

loved him, hated him, loved him again. and now, still love him, but this overly scripted osbournes rip off he is in on vh1 has got to stop. oh, btw i find the term "greatest wrestler ever to live", when used in reference to the hulkster to be highly debateable.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby vicious_bastard on Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:16 pm

I watched an old Royal Rumble thanks to the free month of WWE online someone told me about (links thread if you care) - as I said before, was a fan when I was about 10. At one point in the 'rumble', I think 5 of the 8 guys in the ring were dead - way before their time. The Undertaker must be raking it in.

Is that VH1 thing any good? I have seen nothing of it. Is the Hulkster the star of the show or is it simply a vehicle for his foxy daughter's singing career?
vicious_bastard
AIRWOLF

Postby MasterWhedon on Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:16 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:
MasterWhedon wrote:

Isn't that what he said?

Ummm, I guess so... Looked different when I wrote mine. Unless dmann edited the post, I wholeheartedly apologize.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Brocktune on Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:20 pm

vicious_bastard wrote:I watched an old Royal Rumble thanks to the free month of WWE online someone told me about (links thread if you care) - as I said before, was a fan when I was about 10. At one point in the 'rumble', I think 5 of the 8 guys in the ring were dead - way before their time. The Undertaker must be raking it in.

Is that VH1 thing any good? I have seen nothing of it. Is the Hulkster the star of the show or is it simply a vehicle for his foxy daughter's singing career?

yeah, actually watching old wrestling stuff makes for a great drinking game. its crazy just how few of them are still alive.

and that vh1 show sucks. it is totally just a vehicle for his daughters terrible music career. its like "the osbournes" only the daughter is hot, and the only drugs they do are roids. it is such a knock off of the osbournes, that there was even an episode where the hogans got into some sort of late night food fight with their adjacent neighbors. i would watch it, only if you have designs on cranking one out to what ever ms. hogan jr's name is. after all, she is pretty hot.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Pacino86845 on Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:44 am

vicious_bastard wrote:Is the Hulkster the star of the show or is it simply a vehicle for his foxy daughter's singing career?

I'd let her powerslam me...
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby vicious_bastard on Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:46 am

I'd lay her out with a piledriver.
vicious_bastard
AIRWOLF

Postby Pacino86845 on Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:49 am

I want to grease her up and have her frog-splash me off the top bed post.

In the nude.

In the Hulkster's bed.
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby dmann on Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:21 pm

Its hulk hogan's daughter... she doesnt do the frog splash. She's let you pound her in a semi interesting way, then at the very end, shed fake it and give you a leg drop.
dmann
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby havocSchultz on Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:52 pm

just in case anybody is interested - was released yesterday that the cause of Guerrero's death was natural causes - due to heart disease... at least it wasn't another OD...
RIP...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Return to Coaxial