METAL FANS UNITE!!!

Sigur Ros is the greatest living band. Discuss.

Postby Orcus on Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:27 pm

I was doing nothing but going out to concerts in the 80's

Must have seen Metalica at least 10 times
Megadeth about 3
Iron Maiden 7
Judas Priest 6 (Before Rob came out of the closet)
Ozzy 3

God, I'm carbon dating myself here
"Where's you're God noooooow???!!"
Orcus
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Vegeta on Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:39 pm

Do your ears still bleed?
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby unikrunk on Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:46 pm

Good bump, I have never seen this thread. Now that I have read it, I am curious where the FUCK SABBATH IS!

Zoners, the best gadamned t-shirt I ever owned summed it up best:

"Listen To Black Sabbath"

A lot of stuff in this thread is, shall was say, 'vaginous? Can I say that, is it a word?'

Vaginous.

Not Metal.

Rather, “I’ve officially changed my name to Yngwie 'Fucking' Malmsteen’" guitar molestation, or cookie monster vocals, cannibal zombie chest cold shite.

What the shit?
:wink:
Also, check out The Sword, for Pete's sake.

/end rant

EDIT: kudos to neo for plugging Sabbath in the bump
Last edited by unikrunk on Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He can't' love you back...
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TonyWilson on Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:49 pm

It's not quite metal but this is as good a place as any to post it

Demon Cleaner - Kyuss
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby Seppuku on Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:54 pm

Is it just me, or is Sabbath's Children of the Grave the greatest song of all time?
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby minstrel on Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:03 pm

Orcus wrote:I was doing nothing but going out to concerts in the 80's

Megadeth about 3
Iron Maiden 7
Ozzy 3

Not to get political or anything, but did you stop going to Judas Priest concerts because Rob came out of the closet?
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Postby Brocktune on Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:04 pm

TonyWilson wrote:It's not quite metal but this is as good a place as any to post it

Demon Cleaner - Kyuss

tonywilson, please.

i would rather you not drag kyuss's good name through the mud, by mentioning them along side *gag*metal *ugh*bands.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TonyWilson on Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:08 pm

Brocktune wrote:
TonyWilson wrote:It's not quite metal but this is as good a place as any to post it

Demon Cleaner - Kyuss

tonywilson, please.

i would rather you not drag kyuss's good name through the mud, by mentioning them along side *gag*metal *ugh*bands.

I figured this thread could do with some edumacation. :twisted:
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby unikrunk on Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:24 pm

seppukudkurosawa wrote:Is it just me, or is Sabbath's Children of the Grave the greatest song of all time?

It’s up there. Electric Funeral and Black Sabbath are probably two of the best as well.
He can't' love you back...
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Orcus on Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:12 pm

minstrel wrote:
Orcus wrote:I was doing nothing but going out to concerts in the 80's

Megadeth about 3
Iron Maiden 7
Ozzy 3

Not to get political or anything, but did you stop going to Judas Priest concerts because Rob came out of the closet?

No, the man made great music that stood the test of time, I've been a 20+ year fan of his and I see no reason to stop now.

It's just that ar that point in his career when he made his orientation known, things took a bit of a downward spiral and he fell off the map that seemed to last until 2000 or so when he reemerged with his new band (Forgot the name right now). He was on Tour with Iron Maiden and Queensryche at the time and I had the pleasure of seeing him again at Madison Square Garden. One of the encores was Electric Eye, which I swear had me with tears of joy. All I remember was saying "Rob, goddammit you are so fucking back". I'm just upset that his decision to make things public did not turn out better, temporarily depriving the world of a gifted singer.
Orcus
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby minstrel on Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:16 pm

Orcus wrote:
minstrel wrote:
Orcu s wrote:I was doing nothing but going out to concerts in the 80's

Megadeth about 3
Iron Maiden 7
Ozzy 3

No, the man made great music that stood the test of time, I've been a 20+ year fan of his and I see no reason to stop now.

It's just that ar that point in his career when he made his orientation known, things took a bit of a downward spiral and he fell off the map that seemed to last until 2000 or so when he reemerged with his new band (Forgot the name right now). He was on Tour with Iron Maiden and Queensryche at the time and I had the pleasure of seeing him again at Madison Square Garden. One of the encores was Electric Eye, which I swear had me with tears of joy. All I remember was saying "Rob, goddammit you are so fucking back". I'm just upset that his decision to make things public did not turn out better, temporarily depriving the world of a gifted singer.

I haven't been following them - is he back with Judas Priest yet? I heard they would be reuniting a few years ago.
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Postby Orcus on Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:21 pm

Oh man, before I forget, let us pay homage to the ugly men of metal, Motor fucking Head.

Saw these guys at the Ritz in NYC (before it became Webster Hall), any show I went to for them, they seemed to hit the stage at 3:00 AM.

Nicest rockstar I've ever met: Wendy O Williams. How someone with such an evil stage persona could be such a sweetheart is beyond me. Met her while they filmed the music vid for her movie "Reform School Girls", again at the Ritz. I was upset that she commited suicide around 10 years ago, or so. Such a nice person, pity.
Orcus
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Orcus on Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:25 pm

minstrel wrote:I haven't been following them - is he back with Judas Priest yet? I heard they would be reuniting a few years ago.

About two years ago I saw some new JP CD's, one was an anthology and the other wasn't....

I'm afraid I can't be more precise than that since I saw it at a glance. That and I haven't actively followed the Metal scene actively for a while. It's gotten to the point where things are such a mess that bands can't even classify themselves anymore
Orcus
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby so sorry on Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:40 am

NEW YORK (AP) - Spinal Tap is back, and this time the band wants to help save the world from global warming.

The mock heavy metal group immortalized in the 1984 mockumentary, "This is Spinal Tap," will reunite for a performance at Wembley Stadium in London as part of the Live Earth concerts scheduled worldwide for July 7.

The original members of Spinal Tap will be there: guitarist Nigel Tufnel (played by Christopher Guest), singer David St. Hubbins (Michael McKean) and bassist Derek Smalls (Harry Shearer). Rob Reiner, who both directed "This is Spinal Tap" and played the fake documentarian Marty DeBergi in the film, will also be in attendance.

A new 15-minute film directed by Reiner on the band's reunion will also play at the opening night of the Tribeca Film Festival in New York on Wednesday. The slate for the opening gala, to be hosted by Al Gore, was previously announced, excepting the Reiner short.

The festival is to open with a showing of several global warming-themed short films produced by the SOS (Save Our Selves) campaign. SOS is also putting on the Live Earth concerts, to be held across seven continents.

Reiner spoke to The Associated Press on Tuesday to explain the reunion of Spinal Tap - a band always known more as a parody of rock 'n roll excess than environmental awareness.

"They're not that environmentally conscious, but they've heard of global warming," said Reiner, whose other films include "When Harry Met Sally" and "Stand By Me.""Nigel thought it was just because he was wearing too much clothing - that if he just took his jacket off it would be cooler."

Spinal Tap has reunited several times since the film, but hasn't for a number of years. For the band - whose last album was 1992's "Break like the Wind" - the occasion warranted a new single: "Warmer Than Hell."

Reiner provided a sneak peak at the lyrics: "The devil went to Devon, it felt like the fourth degree/ He said, 'Is it hot in here, or is it only me?'"

The director said the new short film explains what the band has been doing with their lives lately. Nigel has been raising miniature horses to race, but can't find jockeys small enough to ride them; David is now a hip-hop producer who also runs a colonic clinic; and Derek is in rehab for addiction to the Internet.

Reiner, 60, has for over 20 years worked with the National Resources Defense Council, an environmental action organization. Though the Spinal Tap reunion will be a lot of laughs, he hopes the SOS short films program and the Live Earth concerts have a substantial effect.

"What I think is going to be nice about this whole effort is there will be marching orders for people," said Reiner. "Not only from a personal standpoint of what individuals can do in their lives, but a macro perspective with respect to the public sector and government."
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby silentbobafett on Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:28 am

Any McFly fans? :-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby PF Moon Deux on Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:21 pm

Any McFly fans?

Personally, I thought WONDERLAND (2005) was a huge step backwards, but...

Uhm. NIN, System of a Down and TOOL, though I'm not sure any of those could even be classed as Metal.
PF Moon Deux

Postby wonkabar on Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:32 pm

JETHRO TULL!
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby King Of Nowhere on Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:35 pm

nobody mentioning DEATH?

MOD EDIT: link fixed.

-Moo
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Everything I Need To Know, I Learned from Iron Maiden

Postby raymondharris on Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:45 pm

10th grader Ricky Travis takes on his teacher with the help of his heavy metal heroes!

http://www.spazoutny.com/maiden.htm
raymondharris
GLIB

Re: Everything I Need To Know, I Learned from Iron Maiden

Postby Bob Samonkey on Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:08 pm

I cannot believe this thread did not make it...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Re: Everything I Need To Know, I Learned from Iron Maiden

Postby so sorry on Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:57 am

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:I cannot believe this thread did not make it...

I agree... it makes me want to run to the hills and die with my boots on.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Re: METAL FANS UNITE!!!

Postby Seppuku on Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:01 am

MERGED!

Sweet...that's my mod quota for the next six months sorted.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Re:

Postby Chris a.k.a StuntMike on Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:07 pm

ZombieZoneSolutions wrote:what do you think would happen if someone lit a match
anywhere near these 4 metalic wenches?

The bass player is married to Steve Vai. Lucky bastard.
Chris a.k.a StuntMike
Not without incident

Re: Re:

Postby so sorry on Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:12 pm

Chris a.k.a StuntMike wrote:
ZombieZoneSolutions wrote:what do you think would happen if someone lit a match
anywhere near these 4 metalic wenches?

The bass player is married to Steve Vai. Lucky bastard.

Wait, who's the lucky bastard, the dude from Vixen or Steve Vai?

EDIT: oh wait, those are chicks? Damn metal bands and their androgynous ways!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Chris a.k.a StuntMike on Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:24 pm

No more than 8 cans of Aqua-Net were harmed during the making of that photo
Chris a.k.a StuntMike
Not without incident

Postby cradle234 on Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:59 am

Im more of a hardcore fan... I enjoy listening to the chariot,OLD norma jean, dillenger escape plan(when they were good)underoath,anal gentleman,poison the well,as i lay dying, OLD everytime i die

i enojy some metal bands such as : cannibal corpse,dying fetus,six feet under,morbid angel,skinless

bands such as metillica i dont consider metal.
cradle234
GLIB

Previous

Return to Music